40 – Highest Point

Forced To Say I Do

 

 

Staring blankly out the window, my mother-in-law’s words replayed in my head like a broken record – “is there any progress on my grandchildren?” These words have always and will always be one of the biggest burdens in my life. To be honest the whole situation was quite traumatising. This constant fear was definitely not doing any good to my wellbeing.

“YAH!” Jong In suddenly yelled, giving me a fright. I stared at him frustrated showing him a slight frown.

“Why are you yelling?” I sighed, feeling fatigued from my worries.

“Sorry,” he apologised as he slumped onto the bed next to me. “I called you four times and you didn’t answer.”

“Sorry I was just thinking about some things.”

“What things?” I stayed quiet thinking about what I should say. I mean if I were to strike up a conversation about having kids again he might get annoyed considering we’ve had this talk over five times and everytime he’s said that I don’t need to be burdened by our parent’s desires but rather take things slow and wait until I’m ready, or I could totally lie about my thoughts but I was never an excellent liar so I decided to take things into my own hands and pushed him onto the bed as I sat on top of him. I saw his confused expression and as he opened his mouth to say something, I cut him off with a kiss and although he kissed me back I could feel him being quite reluctant. At first, the kiss felt very forced and had no feeling to it at all however, a little later into it (when Jong In decided to give up being confused and began kissing me back properly) the kiss became slow and lustful. Suddenly, Jong In rolled me over so that I was under him now.

 

As he began planting butterfly kisses along my jaw line to the crook of my neck, I tugged at his t-shirt, urging him to take it off and surprisingly he obediently took it off at an inhumane speed. He began to attack my neck again but this time, on it to make my old marks reappear again. It wasn’t long before he helped me out of my shirt as well, revealing my black lace bra. I pulled his face closer to mine so that I could kiss him instead of him attacking my neck. Our kiss didn’t last long before he unexpectedly pulled away furiously and sat on the edge of the bed.

 

I crawled across the bed and sat next to him after sitting like a statue from confusion confusion. To be quite frank, I was actually a tad bit frightened of him at that moment.

“What’s wrong?” I asked with a croaky voice.

No reply.

“Did I do something wrong?” I whispered shamefully.

“No you didn’t. Don’t say that,” he said with a hint of anger in his tone.

“Then what happened?”

“Didn’t you tell me you weren’t ready for any of that?”

“I just said – “

“If you aren’t ready then we shouldn’t have done any of that. I’m being totally honest with you right now. If you get me started, I won’t stop until I’m satisfied. What would you have done if we continued and then you got pregnant, huh?”

“If you listened to me carefully you would know that I have never said that I wasn’t ready to have a child. If I were to be pregnant right now I would be more than happy. The only reason why I don’t want to have one right now is because of your job,” I explained. He remained silent and continued to look at me apologetically. “I was holding back because I was thinking of you. Think about it, if I were to be pregnant things would get so complicated and for the time being I just want to live a simplistic life.

“So you’re saying you do want to have a child?”

“Of course I do,” I smiled.

“Even if you were to fall pregnant right now it wouldn’t be a problem, right?”

“I wouldn’t mind.”

He suddenly groaned, “you mean I stopped for no good reason?” He was too busy sulking that he didn’t even notice his phone ringing.

“Well we would have had to stop anyway because your phone is ringing,” I chuckled.

 

He looked at me sheepishly before picking up the phone.

“Kyungsoo hyung? What’s up?”

-
“Okay I’ll be there in fifteen minutes. See you.”

“What’s wrong?” I asked curiously.

“Kyungsoo hyung says I have to the company for something. Get changed and let’s go.”

 

Half an hour later, the both of us arrived at his company. I could tell how nervous he was from his sweaty palms when I clutched onto one of them. I gave it a light squeeze and smiled lightly at him after he looked at me blankly.

 

We took the elevator up to the third level and walked into EXO’s practice room. From the scene in front of the both of us, Jong In froze up instantly. I still didn’t understand why he suddenly tensed up; I mean his feelings for her were vanished, weren’t they? And although one of his best friends was there canoodling with his ex-girlfriend, there was still no need to tense up, right?

“You…When?” he managed to choke up.

“I thought you told him,” Baekhyun frowned at Hae Ri.

“I was going to but I never had the chance.”

“Look I don’t have time for the both of you, where’s Kyungsoo hyung? He told me to meet him at the company.”

“What’re you talking about? The rest of the group left an hour ago,” Baekhyun explained, feeling slightly confused. I smiled to myself. Thank you Kyungsoo oppa, now the four of us can actually get this mess straightened out.

I sense how awkward the atmosphere was becoming and decided to intervene, “well since we’re all here let’s get a few things clear.” Both Jong In and I joined the other two on the floor.

“Well I’m not going to lie anymore, at the time the both of us were dating,” she emphasised, “I was also seeing Baekhyun oppa.”

“And you still dated her when you knew I was dating her?” he almost yelled at Baekhyun.

“I –,” Baekhyun began.

“Don’t answer it! It was a rhetorical question,” Jong In groaned. “Why didn’t you guys tell me earlier? Do you know how surprised I was when I saw you two kissing and hugging when I walked into the room?”

“I was actually going to tell you, oppa,” Hae Ri defended.

“But you didn’t.”

“Everyone just shut up for a second. Why is it such a big deal? I mean we all ended up with the person we love, right? So why are we still arguing?” I reasoned.

“What happened to ‘I have no intention of spending the rest of my life with him’,” she imitated me.

“You said that?” Jong In eyed me.

“That was before I had any feelings,” I explained. He seemed to be sulking a bit and although I knew he didn’t want to show it, I could see right through him. “You know I love you. Don’t get too sulky,” I tried to cheer him up.

“You guys are disgusting,” Baekhyun chuckled.

“I’m sure you guys are worse,” Jong In smirked, pulling me closer to him. I rolled my eyes at his sudden actions.

“So are we all good?” Hae Ri asked.

“I guess. I mean everything’s in the past so we can’t do anything,” Jong In replied calmly.

“Hey! You guys want to come to the Han River? It’s really pretty at night.”

“Do you want to go?” Jong In asked me.

“Why not. I’ve never been there with a guy at night before.”

“I’m glad,” he chuckled in response.

 

 

As we arrived, the water began shooting out from the side of the bridge. The colours, the atmosphere, the smell of the air, the coolness from the water; everything was truly magnificent. Jong In and I walked hand in hand with Hae Ri and Baekhyun not far behind. I became overly excited and began skipping along the side of the river when I accidentally hit someone with my arms and immediately apologised and bowed.

“Tae Hee?” a familiar voice called. “Jong In?”

“Taemin hyung?” Jong In called back.

“Tae Hee?” another voice called. It oddly sounded like Su Min’s voice.

 

The both of them moved forward a little, into the light, to reveal a beaming Su Min, who was attatched to Taemin by the arm.

“What are you all doing here?” Hae Ri chuckled.

“Shouldn’t we be asking you the same thing?” Su Min giggled, slightly embarrassed at the fact that we caught them on a date. I nudged her and smirked at her, making her blush even more. So now there were six of us and although there were three couples, each couple did their own thing without any awkwardness. Everything just felt so right now; there were no misunderstandings and everyone seemed to be at their highest point right now and nothing was going to pull us down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

okay so I'm FINALLY back after two months (?) /goes into hiding before everyone has a go at me/ 

Let me just try to explain why I took so long...well first of all i started my last year of high school last term and of course I was bombarded with a billion assessments/exams and so I was busy studying for them. Then when my break started, which began two weeks ago, I was supposed to update in the first week but that never really happened and then the next week I went on camp and omg can I just say i had the best time! there were so many cute guys and I got close to a few...especially one but too bad he lives in another state totally would have dated him 

because people have been messaging me and commenting about when i was going to update I felt really guilty and decided to update :P may not be the best chapter but I haven't written in agessss so cut me some slack guys! lol

anyway i hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

hottest-shawol xx

 

P.S. anyone have instagram? follow me @katbubz :)