39 - Skinship Freak

Forced To Say I Do

[A/N: Recall that Su Min is tae Hee's best friend. She appeared in chapter 4 and 16. You're going to need to know who she is for this chapter xD]

 
My palms were sweating, my heart was racing and I was clearly not thinking straight. I had come up with a million excuses but I knew better than to come up with them; I was atrociously bad at lying. I had obviously drunken excessively last night and the same with Taemin.
"Why are you being so nervous, Sumin-ah?" Taemin sighed as he glanced over to me when the traffic lights had turned red.
"Because let me see, Taemin. Maybe we hooked up last night?" I yelled in panic. 
 
-flashback- 
Tonight was the last night in Japan and I comtemplated whether or not I should hit up a night club just for the experience. Maybe clubbing in Japan will be different to the clubs in Korea, I reasoned with myself, and with just that it was enough to persuade myself. 
Within the time frame of half an hour, I managed to prepare myself to look decent.
 
I caught a taxi to one of the most popular clubs expecting the dynamic atmosphere and I was, of course, not disappointed. 
The music was pumping loud, the people were busily dancing or enjoying a drink with their friends. Everything was all very lively. 
Whilst admiring the place, I made my way over to the bar. 
 
Amongst the crowd gathered in front of the bar, I noticed a familiar figure. He was tall, light-brown hair and had a body that most girls would desire. As subtle as possible, I tried to get closer to get a better view of the person.
"Sumin?" A voice suddenly called. Ah crap! Must've been caught by someone. I turned around to find Jonghyun looking at me confused. 
"Uh...Hi oppa," I smiled unnaturally. 
"What are you doing here?" He eyed me.
"I came to Japan for a vacation," I answered honestly. 
"Hey Taemin! Look who's here," Jonghyun called out. Taemin? Oh crap! That figure I had noticed before was Taemin. How could I not have noticed his skinny legs before? Now I felt stupid; couldn't even recognise one of my bestfriends. 
"Oh hi Su. What're you doing here?" Before I could answer the other three of his band mates had come over to see what the commotion was. Upon realising it was me, they each greeted me before going back to flirt with some girls. 
I stood there staring at Taemin and him staring back at me. I don't think he's ever seen me in such a revealing dress. Jonghyun quickly came to realise the awkward tension between the two of us and fled the scene. Taemin awkwardly scratched the back of his head and said something that was hard to make out but it sounded something like 'let's go have a drink together' before taking me by the wrist and pulling me towards the table in the far right hand corner. 
The table was filled with numerous varieties of alcohol, all of which were very colourful. 
"Just pick any you like," Taemin smiled. I reached out to pick the tall glass with a blue liquid in it. "Of course you would choose blue," Taemin chuckled. 
"What's wrong with that?" I frowned before taking a sip. 
"Nothing. It was just predictable since blue is your favorite colour." I felt a tingly sensation throughout my body after realising he had remembered such an insignificant fact about me. It was definitely not expected of an idol who had a million other important things to remember. I was actually quite touched to be honest. As the both of us sat there awkwardly; not knowing what to say to each other I continuously gulped down mouthfuls of my drink and in a short time span my glass became empty.
"You do know that the blue one you drank just now has the highest alcohol level, right?" 
"It can't be that high. I don't even feel tipsy yet," I said before taking another glass and drinking it like a normal beverage. 
 
Taemin sat there wide eyed as I finished my fourth glass. 
"What?" I frowned.
"Nothing. You've just got great alcohol tolerance for a girl. I mean most of the girls I know would be passed out by their third drink." For some reason I felt a bit bitter when he brought up other girls in our conversations. 
At this point he had joined in with me. From vodkas to shots to cocktails, the both of us demolished three quaters of the drinks on the table. By now I knew that if I had even another sip I would be drunk. Very drunk. 
"Just one more," Taemin pleaded. 
"I'm already lightheaded. No more for tonight."
"Come on. You've gone this far. Are you really going to lose to me?" he smirked. He knew how competitive I was. Of course he knew if he turned this drinking session into a competition I wouldn't be able to let it go easily. "So you on?" 
I glared at him before picking up a shot on the table and gulped in down in one go, which was a really bad idea. I could feel my stomach churning whilst my head was spinning. "Never knew ypu had such a party girl side to you, Su," he chuckled as if to mock me. My vision soon started to blur and although still somewhat aware of my actions, I felt like I had no control over them; like my body parts weren't actually listening to my brain and it felt overly frustrating.
I turned my head slowly to the right to find Taemin staring at me.
"W-what?" I stuttered. Before my brain could process anything, I had felt Taemin's lips on my own. His lips were soft and plump and  his breath smelt of alcohol. At first his lips moved alone whilst I was still on shock. I had tried so hard to keep my feelings hidden from him for the sake of Tae Hee but now, especially under the influence of alcohol, I couldn't do it anymore. Without second thought, my arms wrapped around his neck and pulled him closer, returning his kiss. His tongue began to roam my mouth as his arms wrapped themselves around my waist, deepening the kiss. 
-End Of Flashback- 
 
"You know it's all your fault, right?" I glared. 
"How is it my fault?" he disagreed, keeping his eyes on the road. 
"Because you challenged me!" 
"Well you didn't have to do it," he muttered. 
"Aish. Whatever. We're going to tell Tae Hee that we were both drunk and the kiss didn't mean anything, got it?"
"What if I wasn't drunk and that kiss meant everything to me?" He challenged yet again, which took me aback. Taemin was never the one to say things that he didn't really mean and he was especially not the type to express his feelings in such a manner. 
"W-what?" I stuttered, quite nervous about the whole situation. 
"I said -"
"Yeah I got you the first time," I cut him off. "What're you trying to say?"
"I'm saying I like you, you idiot," he almost yelled. 
"Well then what if I said I like you too, huh?" I yelled back.
"Good. I guess we can go out then!"
"Good!" I found the whole situation quite hysterical actually. We were yelling at each other whilst confessing our feelings to each other. 
 
"You know that was so unromantic of you," I chuckled.
"I know. That was definitely not how I wanted things to work out but at least now we know how we feel about each other," he shrugged. 
"What's going to happen between Tae Hee and you now? I mean she really likes you."
He suddenly grinned and said, " don't worry about Tae Hee. She's got someone else in her heart."
"Really? Who?"
He smirked and uttered a simple, " you'll see."
"What do you mean I'll see? Why can't you just tell me and make my life easier?" I groaned and slumped against the car seat. He chuckled before accelerating the car to an unsafe speed. From the sudden acceleration, one of my arms grabbed the handle on the door and the other grabbing Taemin's shoulder. "Are you trying to kill us?" I yelled as he continued to sit there chuckling to himself.
"Always such a worrywart, aren't you?" 
"It's dangerous, you idiot!"
"At least I got your mind off trying to make up excuses to tell Tae Hee." He was right. I shouldn't take note of what he's doing right now. The main focus now should be how Tae Hee reacts when she finds out. What if our friendship crumbles to pieces because she thinks I betrayed her? "Yah! Sumin! Get out of the car," he yelled which snapped me out of my trance. 
"You didn't have to yell, idiot," I frowned. 
"Um yes I did considering you didn't respond to me the THREE other times I called you," he rolled his eyes and hurried off to the front door. 
I walked speedily to catch up to him and stopped him from ringing that doorbell. 
"Let me think this through," I half begged as I held onto both of his arms.
"What's there to think through? Just come clean," he said and rung the doorbell. I exhaled heavily and blew my bangs out of my face. "Don't worry. Watch, she's not even going to give half the reaction you're expecting," he predicted as he held onto my shoulders. "Now you messed up your hair," he continued and fixed my bangs.
"Hyung?" A low voice greeted. 
"Jong In-ah, is Tae Hee home?" Taemin smiled and walked inside.
"Yeah she is," Jong In replied.
I realised that this was the first time visiting Tae Hee and Jong In's house. It was spacious and beyond pleasing. 
"Jong In, who's - SU MIN-AH!" Tae Hee squealed mid sentence as she saw me. "What're you doing here?" She hugged me tightly. 
"What? I can't be here?" I teased playfully. 
"I mean what're you doing here with Taemin oppa?" My expression immediately dropped and I quickly nudged Taemin, who was standing beside me, to say something bright. Tae Hee sensed something going on and eyed us suspiciously and asked, "what's wrong with the two of you?"
"Something happened between the two of you, didn't it?" Jong In guessed quite precisely.
"Spit it out you two!" Tae Hee demanded. I began lightly sobbing as I stood there not knowing how to tell her. "Oh my gosh. Why are you crying?" Tae Hee came over to hug me, which made me feel even worse. I indeed betrayed her. 
"I did something bad," I cried. 
"It's okay. It can't be that bad, right? It's not bad, right oppa?" She turned to Taemin whilst rubbing my back to try and calm me down. 
"It wasn't bad at all. She's just overreacting."
"WE HOOKED UP! HOW IS THAT NOT BAD?" I exploded. "I'm so sorry, Tae Hee! I just had too much to drink because of Taemin, the idiot, and then the next minute we were making out and I couldn't control myself. I understand if you don't want to be my friend any more. Let's go Taemin," I blurted out and broke away from her hug, pulling Taemin towards the door. 
 
*Tae Hee's/Your POV*
I think this was the first time I've ever seen Su Min so distressed. I couldn't help but start laughing as I saw her pulling Taemin oppa towards the door. Even Jong In, who was next to me, let out a light chuckle. 
"YAH! Pabo! Where are you going?" I yelled causing her to turn around and look at me with a confused expression. "You're not going to listen to what I have to say before going?" 
"What's the point? You're just going to tell me you hate me anyway," she sniffed. I sighed and walked towards her with Jong In trailing behind me. 
I took her hand and gave it a light squeeze. "Of course I don't hate you, Su. We all make mistakes, right?"
"But what if it wasn't a mistake?" I was a bit taken aback when she confessed. I mean she'd never even given me a hint that she liked Taemin oppa. 
"Well then so be it," I smiled. 
"B-but don't you like Taemin?" She stuttered and wiped the tears off of her cheek. 
"I have someone else now, Su."
"I told you so," Taemin whispered to Su Min, although everyone heard, earning a light slap from her.
"Who?" She asked naively. 
Taemin rolled his eyes and sighed. "Who do you think? Maybe her husband who's standing right next to her and following her around like a lost puppy?"
Jong In frowned, "I'm not a lost puppy."
"Sure you aren't," Taemin rolled his eyes sarcastically. 
"Wait I thought you two were just acting," Su Min looked at us confusedly. 
"Well it's not like I know how I fell for her either," Jong In teased, which earned a slap on the arm from me. "Ah!" he gasped in pain whilst rubbing the spot where I'd hit him.
"That's what you get for being an !" I frowned annoyedly. 
"Sorry," he smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. 
"Aish get off me!" I groaned and pushed his arms off of me. 
"Are you two going to continue the whole lover's bicker thing?" Taemin rolled his eyes. I looked away with a slight blush on my cheeks. There was a sudden streak of silence between the four of us. 
"So are we all sorted out now? Because you guys were interrupting us, if you know what I mean," Jong In joked. However, it looked like Sumin and Taemin both believed him. 
"I was just going to ask you privately what the hell happened to you neck but I guess we all know now," Sumin chuckled. 
"It's not like that," I defended. "We haven't even done anything."
"That mark on your neck says a lot, Tae Hee-ah," Taemin laughed along with Sumin. The both of them headed towards the door.
"We'll leave you guys to it then," Sumin giggled as she clung onto Taemin's arm. 
"But it's not like that," I said as they left. Unexpectedly, a pair of arms s their way around my waist. 
"It's alright, baby. Let them think what they want," he sneered. I turned around to glare at him, which he took advantage of and gave me a peck on the lips.
"You're such a skinship freak."
"But you never said you hated it."
"But I never said I liked it either," I stuck my tongue out at him. He immediately released me and frowned. 
"Fine I won't touch you for the next 24 hours," he sulked. 
I rolled my eyes at him. "You're such a baby."
"But I'm your baby, right?" He beamed and hugged me again. 
"What happened to not touching me for the next 24 hours?" I laughed. 
"You and I both knew that wasn't going to happen," he chuckled.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hey guys :D Ok so before I go on any further, I apologise for taking a billion years to update when I said a few days! I wasn't expecting to be so busy for the first few weeks of school but I was extremely wrong and so it might take a week or two for the new updates. I'm so sorry :(
 
And this chapter isn't even that great >.< But I don't think you guys expected Taemin to find someone else so quickly right? especially not Tae Hee's best friend...ehehe don't you just like my twists? Now that we have Taemin sorted out...I wonder what's going to happen with Hae Ri and Baekhyun >:D 
 
Oh and I forgot to celebrate my reaching of 1000 comments during my last update :( But I just want to say thank you soooo much to everyone who bothers to scroll that extra bit and leave me a comment <3 and even though I don't reply to half of them I actually do read all of them so thanks so much :D 
 
And thanks to DoAsInfinity for being my 1000th comment <3
 
 
Well that was a really long A/N so I'll leave it at that :)
 
Until my next update take care everyone <3
 
hottest-shawol xx