36 - Perfection

Forced To Say I Do

 

As soon as we got off the plane there were hundreds of reporters waiting for us at the gates. Do they not have a life? Why do they keep following us around? Jong In had an arm around my waist, pulling me along from all the gossip-hungry journalists.

“Where are you taking me?” I frowned as soon as we hopped into a sleek black car waiting for us outside.

“Don’t tell me you haven’t figured out yet,” he teased. “I thought I would have given it away when I took you shopping or considering the pilot announced our destination,” he chuckled. “We’re at Jeju Island, pabo.”

“Well let’s just go to the hotel,” I groaned and a smile crept up onto his face. It was his way of showing me that he had won. Till this day I still couldn’t understand why it was so important for him to win.

 

"To the hotel we go!" he smiled ecstatically as we slid into the car. I let out a giggle at his childish behaviour. I guess there’s no point
"So why are we suddenly going to Jeju?" I questioned. 
"Is it wrong for us to go on vacation?" he frowned. 
"No but where'd you get the money to pay for everything?"
He smirked and reached into his back pocket and took out a card. "Umma never closed down my bank account even though she says she's disowned me. I'm telling you she can't let go of me. I'm like her little angel."
"Or she just forgot that she gave you an unlimited spending card," I sneered.
"You're such a kill joy," he frowned at me. 
"You know I'm surprised there aren't any sasaeng fans following us."
He shrugged, "I'm sure they got tired of following us around."
"Maybe," I smiled at the thought. "So how long are we staying here?"
"3 days. I've got schedules on Monday so we can't stay any longer," he smiled applogetically. 
"What are we doing today?" I asked excitedly but before Jong In could answer the chauffeur had interrupted.
"Sir we've arrived at the hotel." One of the hotel guards came over to open the car door for us. Jong In stepped out first and reached out to help me out of the car. 
"Please bring our luggage to our room," he told on of the guards without releasing his grip on my hand. We made our way inside the grand hotel. 
"Welcome to Pheonix Island resort, sir and madam," the guard at the entrance greeted and opened the door for us. We smiled back and headed straight for the reception to collect our room key.
"May I please have your name, sir?" the receptionist asked without making eye contact with Jong In. Aish what dodgy service! 
"Jong In. Kim Jong In," he replied. I watched as the girl quickly looked up see if he was the Kim Jong In. As soon as she realised who he was, a flirty smile crept onto her face. 
"Your room is on level 20 and the room number is on the card," she spoke in a flirty manner. Does she not realise that Jong In is taken? I mean I'm standing right next to him! 
"Thanks," Jong In smiled back taking the key from her. That jerk! He was totally flirting with her. That smile - that stupid smile that just lures everyone in. 
 

As soon as we entered the elevator I pulled my hand away from him. If he wants to flirt with other girls why does he have to do it right in front of me? He looked at me as if to ask what was wrong with me. I turned away folding my arms in front of my chest. 
"What did I do wrong now?" he sighed. I didn't respond. Hopefully he gets the message that I’m angry with him. "If you don't tell me what’s wrong then how am I suppose to fix it?" he groaned. "Tae Hee!" he whined as he started poking me.

"Oh I don't know Jong In. It's not like you were flirting with that receptionist or anything," I burst out in anger, sarcastically. I saw a smirk creep upon his face.

“H-how was I even flirting with her?” he defended.

“I can’t believe you don’t even know how you were flirting with her,” I frowned.

“I just smiled at her!”

“You smiled at her in a flirty way!” Aish, how does he not realise it when he’s the one that’s doing it?

“Mrs Kim Tae Hee, dare I say that you’re jealous?” he smirked. Me? Jealous? Hah he wishes!

“In your dreams, Mr Kim Jong In.”

“Just admit it, Tae Hee-ah!”

“I am NOT-“ he cut me off by pinning me against the elevator walls, limiting the space between the both of us. Both of my arms were now under Jong In’s control. His grip was way too strong for me to try to break free.

“Admit it,” he whispered into my ear. There is no way I am admitting to him that I was jealous. Wait did I just admit to myself that I was jealous? “Admit it or otherwise I’ll kiss you and I don’t care if there are cameras here.” He won’t really do it right? He’s probably just bluffing right now. He suddenly lent in a little closer and slightly tilting his head.

“Alright. Alright I was jealous okay?” I screeched.

“Now that wasn’t so hard was it?” he half smiled in mocking manner. Funnily as soon as he released both of my arms and began backing away, the elevator went ding and the double doors opened up. Great timing, I thought.

 

Jong In swiped the key card and pushed the door open. Have I ever mentioned my love for hotels? Especially the really pretty ones and heck this one was way beyond pretty. I walked straight to the bedroom to find rose petals scattered on the bed in a love heart shape. I heard Jong In shuffling in behind me. “We’re not on a freaking honeymoon. I don’t see why we need rose petals on the bed.”

“Well they don’t know that we’re not on a honeymoon. And plus it’s romantic. Don’t girls usually love this kind of stuff?”

“Whatever. You know you never answered my question in the car?” I frowned.

“What question?”

“What are we doing today?”

“Well you know there’s this place it’s called Jeju Love Land. Ever heard of it?” I paused to think for a second. Why does that ring a bell? It sounds very familiar. It took me a while to realise what he was talking about.

“Yah! You byuntae! How dare you ask me if I want to go there?” I yelled as I slapped him continually.

“Yah! I was just joking! God, why are you so sensitive? Well I’m sure you’re still tired since the boys woke you up so early so just go rest. I don’t really have anything planned until tonight.”

I stared at him with suspicion. What does this boy have planned?

There was a sudden knock at our door and Jong In hurriedly went to see whom it was. I heard a low voice conversing with Jong In. I popped my head around the corner of the door and realised it was only a hotel employee bringing up our luggage.

 

Soon enough Jong In came into the bedroom with our suitcases. “So you want to unpack now or what?” I asked.

“Nah, I’ve got other things to do,” he replied straightforwardly.

“You mean we’re going out?” I beamed.

“I said I not we,” he teased.

“You weren’t serious about me sleeping until the evening were you?”

“Of course not. I have this for you,” he smiled as he pulled out a ticket from his wallet. “You need to be back at exactly 4:30. No earlier. No later. It’s now 1 so you’ve got plenty of time but if you come back earlier or later I won’t forgive you.”

“Where am I going exactly?” I raised my eyebrow.

“I bought you a one day spa voucher,” he smiled angelically.

“Really?” I asked, rather doubtful about the whole idea.

“Yes and you can’t come back until 4:30,” he restated.

“I’m still not convinced,” I frowned folding both my arms in front of my chest.

“Aish you’re wasting precious time that I paid for,” he nagged, pushing me out the door.

We drove to the spa and arrived there in no more than fifteen minutes. I opened the door; ready to get out, when Jong In grabbed my hand and pulled me back in.

“Promise me you’ll be back at 4:30?” he raised his pinkie.

“Yes your highness. Your wish is my command,” I rolled my eyes and locked my pinkie with his.

“Tae Hee I’m being serious.”

“Ok, I promise I’ll be back at 4:30,” I replied seriously as I unlocked our pinkies.

“Well have fun and I’ll send someone to come pick you up at 4:15,” he smiled as I stepped out of the car. I’m still suspicious about this whole thing. I mean what is he planning to do whilst I’m at the spa? He can’t be going around playing with those girls with their skimpy skirts and bikini tops at out hotel pool, right? Aish thinking about this whole thing makes me mad. If only I had a car of some sort then I could follow him and see what he’s up to.

I looked down at the voucher and sighed. I guess I shouldn’t let this go to waste. Knowing Jong In, this voucher must be very expensive.

 

As I set foot in the clinic, the smell of citrus aroma had welcomed me.

“Hi may I help you?” a young girl asked. She looked about the same age as me.

“Um…my husband actually bought me this voucher,” I replied showing her the thin piece of paper.

“Ah you’re Tae Hee,” she smiled. Wait. How does she know who I am? “Oh don’t worry. Jong In had called in a few days ago and told me about you.”

“How do you know Jong In?” I asked, confused.

“He’s just an old friend,” she assured. Old friend probably means ex-girlfriend. “Please follow me.” She led me behind through the corridor to the last curtain. She pushed it wide open and revealed a rectangle board, which looked oddly like a bed and another woman, probably a few years older than me.

“Ok so Junghwa here will help you while you’re in this room and you’ve got an hour in each room so I’ll leave you to it,” the girl told me and left.

“You can go get changed behind there,” Junghwa pointed at the Japanese folded screen and handed me a white bathrobe. At this point, I had already figured out that the first activity was going to be a massage. I smiled at her and took the bathrobe and headed towards the folded screen.

 

I felt bare with only my underwear and a bathrobe over it. Junghwa guided me to the rectangle bed and instructed for me to take off the bathrobe.

She smiled and said, “I can’t do it with your bra on.” What? I’m going to have to take my bra off in front of some stranger. She chuckled at my hesitant behaviour. “It’s okay, Tae Hee.” Does everybody here know my name or what?

I sighed and unclipped it and took it off, trying my best to hide myself, if you know what I mean. Immediately, I laid down on my stomach and my whole body felt particularly tense. JungHwa’s touch on my gave me tiny goose bumps and made the hair on my neck rise at first. A little later, it felt amazing. I could really feel my muscles beginning to relax. “You know you can close you eyes, right?” Truthfully I really wanted to but I didn’t want to create an awkward atmosphere but now that she’s told me I can, I guess it’ll be alright.

 

 

After an hour, I had moved into the next room. JungHwa pulled open the curtains, revealing a large tub of water, and led me in.

 

 

Two hours had passed on I was in my final hour of relaxation before I had to leave this heavenly place. 

My head was rested against the cushioned chair whilst one was soaked in warm water with aromatic oils in them and the other was being massaged by another one of the employees.

I glanced around the room when something had caught my eye. 

"Excuse me but can you please pass me that," I asked, pointing at the newspaper on the table. 

She stretched her arm and leaned over a bit to grab it. She let out a grunt as she finally got a grip on the paper. 

"Here you go," she smiled and handed it over.

My eyes widened at the front-page story. It was a picture of me, on the floor topless with only my undergarments on, and Jong In ready to punch an already-beaten-up man. 

 

Suddenly the memories came back to me. It was that night. That night I had stupidly gone to the club, nearly got and then ended up temporarily losing my memory. This explained why there were flocks of paparazzi herding around the hospital entrance when I went the next day. Everything made sense now and the reason why Jong In was quite upset when I told him that it was Taemin who had saved me. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me as I stared at the article. Aish why didn’t he tell me? I looked at the date of publication and it was released the day after the accident.

 

“Tae Hee, your driver is here to pick you up,” the girl from the reception informed. I smiled and dried my feet and slipped my sandals on before proceeding to the car park.

 

 

 

“Mrs Kim, Mr Kim has requested I give this to you,” driver Park said and handed me a letter as we arrived at the hotel.

“Thank you,” I smiled and stepped out of the car.

 

 

 

I stepped into our hotel room with the letter in my hands. Upon approaching the bedroom, I found my violet dress, which Jong In had willingly bought for me before we came here, laid out on the couch. I slumped onto the couch before carefully opening the envelope and unfolding the beige coloured letter.

“Tae Hee, I’m sure you’ve received this letter from driver Park since you’re reading it now. Anyway if you haven’t already checked our bedroom, then I ask you to proceed to do so. As you can see I’ve laid out your dress for tonight so get ready and I’ll see you soon and under no circumstances will you rock up in front of me in anything other than that dress. Love Jong In. P.S. there is a sticky note on the back of this letter but don’t read it until 6,” I read aloud to myself. I chuckled at his comment about me rocking up in anything other than dress. I guess he knows how much I do not like formal dresses. I folded the letter back and placed it in the envelope and glanced at the clock on the right of me. 4:35 it read. Ok so I assume that I have to be ready by 6 since I’m forbidden to read the note until 6, which means I have approximately an hour and a half to get ready.

 

I stepped into the shower, letting the lukewarm water flow onto my body.

 

Twenty minutes later, I stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my body and another around my hair. Hopefully Jong In doesn’t decide to come back right now otherwise things could get awkward. I unwrapped the towel on my head and pulled out my hair dryer from my suitcase. As quickly as possible I blew dry my hair until it was decently dry although not totally dry.

 

I walked out of the bathroom and sat down in front of the vanity and began applying moisturiser, then a thing layer of foundation. Carefully, I traced my eyes with a black eyeliner pencil and with my mouth hanging half-open, I brushed the mascara into my eyelashes. To finish off, I patted some blush onto my cheekbones with a thick brush.

 

I glanced at the clock again. 5:45 it displayed. Hastily, I ran over to the couch, picked up my dress and made my way to the bathroom to get changed.

I stripped down to my underwear and pulled on the violet chiffon dress struggling to zip it up.

I twirled around in front of the mirror, feeling a bit uncomfortable. I still don’t understand what the occasion is but I guess I’ll just follow Jong In’s instructions before he becomes unhappy.

 

I pulled my black pumps out of the suitcase and slipped my feet in. Letting out a sigh of relief, I slumped onto the couch. Thank goodness I managed to get ready within the time frame.

 

As the clock struck 6, there was a knock at the door.

“Mr Kim has requested that you read the other sticky note before you read this one,” the employee informed and handed me another sticky note as I opened the door.

“Thank you,” I smiled and closed the door. Aish, what’s with all these sticky notes?

 

Before proceeding to read the note on the back of the letter, I walked over to the vanity once again and applied some lip-gloss. Sighing, I sat down onto the couch and open the letter once again.

 

I pulled the sticky note off of the letter and stared at it. There was only one word on it and it was SMART. I looked at the note the employee had just given me and it also had one word on it but this time it read CARING. I turned the note around before I saw an instruction.

“Go the front office and ask for Kim Jong In,” I read. I folded the newspaper article from this afternoon and placed it into my clutch and left the hotel room.

 

“May I help you, ma’am?”

“Kim Jong In?” I asked unconfidently. The receptionist smiled and handed me another note. I sighed and opened it. MOODY. What the heck is up with these words? I turned the note over and there was another instruction. Keep walking straight until you find the next note. Is this boy joking around with me right now? Seriously.

I followed his instructions and continued walking straight.

 

After a few metres, I found a pink note stuck on the wall. I ran over to it and pulled off of the wall. LOVELY. I sighed. When are these notes going to end? I turned it over and read another one of his instructions. Head out to the garden behind the hotel.

   

If he’s leading me to some deserted place, I’m going to kill him when I see him. I walked hastily to the back there were about 5 sticky notes lined up in a row, which lead to a tall, portable stand-up mirror.

 

I walked over to the first one and read it. SWEET.

 

Second one: CONTROLLING

 

Third one: EASY GOING

 

Fourth one: AMAZING

 

Fifth one: BEAUTIFUL

 

I had finally stepped in front of the mirror and there was one last note on it but this time it wasn’t just one word, it was a whole paragraph.

 

Well you’ve finally reached the end of all the sticky notes. Have you figured out why I’m listing all these words out? No? Maybe I should cross out the first adjective. I guess I was wrong about you being smart. They’re words to describe YOU. You’re smart, caring, moody, lovely, controlling, easy going, amazing and beautiful. I could go on but I think you would hurt me if I were to list anymore. I really don’t know how to express my feelings but here goes. I still don’t know how you feel but I guess I should be the one telling you first. I like you. Wait no. I love you, Kim Tae Hee and even if you don’t feel the same way, I just need you to know this. Look into the mirror. Who do you see? Yourself? Well do you want to know what I see? My whole world. Don’t ask me when I started to feel this way because I honestly don’t know. All I know is that I hate seeing you in somebody else’s embrace whilst it could be me. I hate the fact that I can’t have you when everyone else thinks you’re mine. I hate that I never got the chance to tell you how I really felt. You see what you’ve done to me, Tae Hee? I’m like some lovesick person. But tell me you feel the same way and meet me at the hotel pool.

 

I stepped back, away from the mirror, still trying to take everything in. Jong In just confessed. Oh my god, he just confessed to me. I took another step back before, I turned around and dashed through the hotel and to the pool. Right now, I didn’t care that my heels were clacking against the floor so loudly that everyone was staring; I didn’t care that everyone probably thought I was crazy for running through the hotel like a little kid. I just needed to see him.

 

Before going through the double doors, I stopped and took a deep breath. Once I walk through those doors, everything’s going to change. I took another deep breath as I pushed the doors open to find that the whole place was empty except for someone sitting on the edge of the pool with their feet dipped into the water and leaning back. I squinted my eyes, trying to get a better look at who it was. I spotted the wedding ring on his hand. It’s definitely Jong In.

 

I took off my heels as quietly as possible and tiptoed to where he was. As I got closer to him, I realised that he had his eyes closed. I smiled and placed my heels on the side before kneeling down and wrapped my arms around his waist whilst my head rested on his shoulders.

He turned around with a surprised expression. “Y-You came,” he smiled. “D-Does that mean you feel the same way?” he stuttered. I laughed at how nervous he was right now, definitely not the Jong In I know. “What?”

“Why are you so nervous?” I laughed as I sat down next to him, dipping my feet in the water.

“Let’s see. Maybe I was trying to confess to someone as scary as you,” he teased. “You never answered my question.”

“Well how do I know you’re not just fooling around with me?” I frowned. Before I could even blink, Jong In had planted his lips down onto mine. Our lips began moving in sync with each other as his tongue began to explore every inch of my mouth. For some reason it felt significantly different from all the other times we’ve kissed. This one was definitely more passionate and it didn’t feel like we were just making out. There was just something more about this kiss.

“Believe me now?” he smiled as he pulled away. I nodded. “So now answer my question.”

“You’re such an idiot. Yes. If I didn’t feel the same way, I wouldn’t be here.” He smiled and took a hold of my hand, interlocking our fingers. I smiled to myself as I rested my head on his shoulder. This night couldn’t be any more perfect…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello to all my dear readers <3 I'M FINALLY BACK!! after like a month! My exams are finally over and omg I feel so good right now! haha

And I was hoping that this chapter would turn out better but I hope you liked it anyway :/

So was that enough fluff for you guys after like a month? hahaha and to anyone who doesn't know what Jeju's Love Land is, it's like a museum that displays statues that are ual looking so couples "get in the mood" if you get what I mean ;)

Anyway, did anyone cringe at the ending? :P because I know I did...

I hope you enjoyed this chappie and thanks for reading <3

hottest-shawol xx