34 - Patience

Forced To Say I Do

 

I woke up to a loud scrubbing noise. I groaned and turned my body to the left.  With my eyes still closed, my hands were searching across the bed for Tae Hee but oddly it was empty. Where is this girl? The scrubbing sound had suddenly gotten louder.

“Tae Hee,’ I groaned sleepily. There was no response. I rolled my body to the other side of the bed to get to edge. I was definitely not ready to get up at this time of hour on a day off.

‘What are you doing?” a voice suddenly confronted. I slowly opened my eyes and was half squinting as I saw her on the floor with a brush.

“What are you doing?”

“Cleaning up the floor,” she answered bluntly. I looked over the edge to come to the realisation that she was cleaning up the blood on the floor from yesterday.

‘Why are you even bothering to clean it up? Just call someone in to clean it or just replace the carpet. You know there’s always going to be a stain there right?”

“If you haven’t realised, we actually don’t have that much money after you intelligently got disowned by you own mum!” Oh yeah, I did get disowned by her but I have a plan to get her back.

“What’s the time?” I asked as I got up and headed to the bathroom.

“It’s like noon.” What? Noon already? I thought it would have been 9 or something. Great. Just great.

“Hey I’m going back to the dorm for a bit,” I announced from the bathroom.

“Why? Can I come?” she beamed.

“NO!” I accidentally yelled. “I mean I need to talk to the boys about something.”

“But what am I going to do at home? You make me stay home EVERYDAY! I’m bored,” she whined.

“Isn’t it sale season? What happened to ‘I’ll never be home when it’s sale season’,” I imitated.

“But I don’t want to shop alone,” she groaned.

“Well you can go with you best friend, what’s her name? Su Mi?”

“It’s Su MIN and for your information she’s on a holiday in Japan right now and won’t be back until next week.”

I sighed. “Fine, I’ll take you shopping right after I go back to the dorm.”

“I don’t understand why you won’t let me go back the dorm with you,” she frowned. I walked into the wardrobe and picked out a very casual outfit - black jeans and a white t-shirt.

 

“I’ll be back at around 2, so get ready before then and I’ll pick you up,” I told her and rushed out of the house before she asked to come with me again. I started my car and headed for EXO’s dorm.

 

 

 

I arrived at the doorstep and already heard screaming coming from inside of the dorm.

“CAN YOU TWO JUST CALM THE HECK DOWN!” someone exploded. I rang the doorbell, expecting someone to open the door within thirty seconds but I had to ring the bell three times before Kyungsoo came to the door.

“Oh Jong In!” he exclaimed. “GUYS JONG IN’S HERE!” I smiled at the stampede running towards me.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be accompanying your wife on your day off?” Tao teased. I punched him playfully on his arm.

“Well I need to discuss some things. Who are we missing?” I said as I looked around the room. “Where’s Jongdae and Yixing?” I raised my eyebrow at Sehun. He just shrugged in response.
“I think they’re in their rooms. Someone go call them,” Suho ordered.

“You’re the leader, you do it hyung,” Chanyeol smiled.

“Baekhyun, you go do it,” Kris demanded.

‘I’m always the one you guys pick on!” he remarked. “JONGDAE! YIXING HYUNG! COME DOWNSTAIRS” he yelled without getting up. I face palmed myself. Why are my members so weird?

Somehow the two boys heard and came running out of their rooms.

“Oh Jong In’s here,” Jongdae smiled.

“What’s up Jong In?” Yixing greeted, trying to be cool.

“So why did you gather us up again?” Luhan asked.

“I need you help,” I replied.

“Well we can see that. We meant what did you need help with?” Minseok rolled his eyes.

‘Remember that? You guys told me you would help me plan it?” I emphasised.

Suddenly Baekhyun shot up from the ground. “YOU’RE FINALLY GOING TO DO IT?”

“Aish, sit down Baekhyun,” Suho scolded.

“Hyung are you 100% sure?” Sehun asked.

“I am 100% sure, Sehun-ah.”

“But what is she going to say about this?” Chen raised his eyebrow.

“Of course she’ll accept. I mean who could resist Jong In?” Chanyeol replied optimistically.

“So how much time do we have?” Lay asked.

“Well let’s see, today’s Wednesday so we’ve got until the end of tomorrow to get everything done,” I smiled.

“WHAT?” they all yelled simultaneously.

“WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US, JONG IN?” D.O suddenly yelled. “DO YOU KNOW HOW STRESSED OUT I’M GOING TO BE?! WE’RE NEVER GOING TO DO THIS IN TIME!”

“Aish, what a drama queen,” Baekhyun teased.

“Listen we can do this guys! If we all take one task each, everything will be fine!” Luhan remarked calmly.

‘Yeah guys! We can do this! And it’ll all be worth it because Jong In’s finally manning up,” Tao smirked.

“Oh get your mind out of the gutter Tao and let’s start planning this thing!” Kris scolded.

“Thanks so much guys! I need to get back home to Tae Hee. I have to take her shopping,” I rolled my eyes.

“JONG IN YOU BETTER BE GRATEFUL FOR THIS!” I heard Kyungsoo yelled before I walked out the door. I chuckled to myself. Thank god for their help otherwise this whole thing would never work out.

 

 

*Tae Hee’s/Your POV *

There was 10 minutes to spare until 2 P.M. I guess Jong In would be home soon. I walked over to my wardrobe and scanned through the closet, looking for a pretty yet casual outfit. A floral and pastel coloured dress caught my attention and I decided to settle on it. It was pretty decent despite the fact that it was a bit short.

I went to get changed and suddenly heard Jong In screaming from downstairs.

“Tae Hee! Are you ready?”

I hastily grabbed my bag off of the bed and raced down the stairs to meet him. “Okay, let’s go,” I puffed.

 

“Why are you being so nice today? You hate shopping, especially with me,” I asked suspiciously once the both of us had climbed into his car.

“Well you said you were bored at home so I suggested that we go shopping,” he answered as he reversed the car. Somehow I became dazed by the sight of him driving – one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the gearstick. Who do I say this? He looked hot? Okay that was a really random and disturbing thought but it’s true.

“Y-yah what are you staring at?” he stuttered and glanced at me for half a second before turning his gaze back to the road.

“N-nothing,” I replied.

“You’re clearly looking at my handsome face, aren’t you?” he smirked. That damn smirk! It makes me feel all giddy and tingly inside.

“Psht, in your dreams Kim Jong In,” I teased.

“Get off the car,” he suddenly demanded seriously.

“No! Why?”

“Because you said you weren’t staring at my handsome face.”

“Aish fine! I was staring at your handsome face, happy now? Now keep driving!”

He suddenly hopped out of the car. “Pabo we’re already at the shopping centre,” he burst into laughter.

“Kim Jong In. I’m going to kill you!” I threatened as I ran towards him. He found that as his queue to run and began heading for the entrance of the mall.

 

It was actually a long way from the car park to the entrance. Stupid boy, why does he have to park so far for? By the time I reached the entrance I was already huffing and puffing.

“You have really slow stamina,” he teased.

“Shut up! Can you go a day without making fun of me?” I panted.

He flashed a mocking smile and pulled me inside. “Let’s go we have a lot to buy.”

 

 

 

He literally pulled me inside every single store even if we had nothing to buy in there. He seriously bought everything that I said looked good even if I objected to it. “if you like it then just buy it,” were his exact words. Well, there was certainly a reverse of roles today; usually it’s me who pulls him into the stores and him begging me not to buy too many things. “I think you need new clothes.”

‘Why what’s wrong with mine?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Nothing. I just feel like buying you new clothes,” he shrugged. What is this boy up to? There’s something fishy going on with him. He took a hold of my hand and pulled me into a swimwear store. Aish this boy is still as erted as ever.

“Just go choose one,” he pointed at the bikini section.

“Uhh…why do I need new bikinis?” I asked, reluctant to buy new swimwear in front of him.

“Well you never know, we might go to the beach sometime. I mean it is summer,” he smiled. I swear the nicer he becomes, the more suspicious I become.

“I want this one,” I said picking up a floral one. Without hesitation, he took out his credit card and paid for it. Should I be worried that he’s overly spending?

“Ok one thing off the list,” he muttered thinking I couldn’t hear him. “You need to buy dresses.” He led me into a formal dresses store, which surprised me since I don’t go to many formal outings.

“Okay you need to buy a pretty dress. Just choose one and then I’ll pay for it,” he smiled.

“Why do I need to buy a formal dress? I hardly ever wear it. It’ll be a waste of money,” I reasoned with him but being the stubborn person he is, he obviously didn’t give in to my reasoning.

“Trust me you’re going to wear this,” he smirked. Aish why is he so vague? I guess I shouldn’t question him.

I couldn’t be bothered trying anything on so I grabbed the first dress that caught my attention – it was dark purple, medium length; I guess it would be slightly above my knee and was very pretty in general. I guess this would do. I grabbed Jong In’s card from his hands and went to pay for it. I still don’t see why I nee a new dress. Well whatever he’s paying for it. “Don’t you want to see my dress?’ I asked him as the both of us walked out of the store hand in hand. It’s funny how naturally we hold hands when we go out in public yet when we’re out of the public’s eyes we fight like cat and dog.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be seeing it sooner than you think,” he winked. “Okay well that’s all I wanted to buy today.”

“That’s all?” I asked whilst staring at our hands, that were full of shopping bags.

“Oh come on. Lighten up Tae Hee. It’s necessary.”

I sighed. I still have no idea what the heck he’s talking about but I guess time will tell. Patience is the key.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys :D back with a update :) ok so this chapter was kind of a fill in chapter for what's going to happen in the next few chapters ;) you should all be excited...

so anyone have any guesses on what EXO are planning along with Kai? And what's with Kai's sudden urge to shop? Seems suspicious...

Anyway thanks for being patient and yeah just to let you know, first week back of school and I'm already planning my next holiday OTL

so yeah thanks for reading <3 and until my next update tc :)

hottest-shawol xx