23 - Taking You Back

Forced To Say I Do

A week had nearly past and SHINee's concert was approaching. There were only two days left and Jong In and I had only one practice session. Want to guess where he was everytime he rescheduled? Take a wild guess. With Hae Ri obviously. Well he told me today we would definately be practicing. Let's see if he calls an hour earlier to reschedule...again. Anyway back to the topic of Hae Ri and Jong In. God knows what they do or where they go when they're together. I rarely get to see him because they're always out together when he's free...which seems like most of the time.

Over the past few days whilst Jong In was out with Hae Ri, I was out with Taemin oppa. I'm glad nothing's really changed between us over the years. But why is it that I still feel somewhat empty when I'm with Taemin oppa? Something's just missing and I don't know what it is. Well it doesn't matter because I feel even more empty when I'm alone so I guess he fills the emptiness, even if its not wholly. 

Tae oppa and I had arranged to go shopping today. I think he brings me out almost everyday to distract me from thinking about Jong In and Hae Ri. I stepped into my walk-in wardrobe to choose something to wear.

With a pair of black skinny jeans and a cream coloured chiffon top in my hands, I went to get changed. 

 

Half an hour later I met up with Tae oppa in front of the shopping centre.

He offerred me his arm and I willingly hooked my arm with his, this was how close we've gotten over the past week or so. 

"So exactly why are we going shopping today?" I asked.

"You love shopping, why are you complaining?"

"But you hate shopping."

"Doesn't mean I won't go," he smiled. "Let's go."

 

*Jong In's POV*

 

We were walking around the shopping centre, the one near SM. Hae Ri was clinging to me as if she were still my girlfriend and in some ways when we were together it felt that way, but it felt wrong. I wasn't totally happy about the idea either but I mean there's a tiny part of me that still loves her. 

"Hae Ri we're going to have to leave soon. I need to go practice with Tae Hee," I told her.

"Why can't you just stay here with me, oppa?" she whined like a little kid. "Why does everything have to be about Tae Hee? She doesn't even love you." A part of me wanted to slap her for saying that but another part told me that what she was saying is true. 

 

*Tae Hee's/Your POV*

 

I was really worn out today, emotionally and physically. I wasn't happy and Taemin oppa could probably sense that since he took a hold of my hand and pulled me outside to the fountain that was in front of the main entrance.

"I'm sorry, oppa. I'm just out of it today," I apologised.

"Tae Hee you're out of it everyday, ever since Hae Ri came back," he rolled his eyes. 

I sighed. He was right. She's always the one causing me distress. 

"Tae Hee why do you keep waiting for him?"

"Huh?" I replied, confused.

"Jong In. Why do you keep waiting for him? Look what he's doing to you."

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Forget him and go out with me," he blurted out. 

"W-What did you say?" I asked, thinking I misheard him.

"Damn it Tae Hee. Why do you have to make me the fool? You lead me on and then you just let me go? I still love you, Tae Hee. Nothing's changed over the past six years and don't tell me you've moved on. I know you may love Jong In but there's a part of you that still loves me. But why are you spending time chasing a guy that has no feelings for you? That ignores you three quaters of the time? Tell me." I stood there speechlessly. I never knew he could be that agressive or assertive.

"You wanna know why? Because I love him and yes what you said might be true but you yourself said you haven't let me go even though it's been six years so how do you expect me to let go of him so easily."

"That's why I said to come back to me. Tell me you don't love me and I'll stop trying."

Once again he had shut me up for a good minute or so. "See? You can't say you don't love me. So just give us another chance, Tae Hee."

"Oppa think about it, six years I was only thirteen or fourteen. You were only sixteen. Neither of us knew what we wanted. Us being together could have just been a mistake."

"But if we don't try again how are we really going to know if it was a mistake or not?"

As I stood there taking in everything that was happening right now, a familiar figure, two actually, was walking towards the fountain. It looked like Jong In and Hae Ri.  As they came closer I was sure it was them. Jong In was wearing the white t-shirt he had worn to the beach on our honeymoon. 

They had stopped a few metres aways from Taemin oppa and I. They were just talking casually with Hae Ri all over him as usual. She suddenly got on her tippy toes and leaned towards him. Soon enough their lips had come in contact with each other. And you want to know the worst bit? Jong In didn't push her away. Instead he kissed her back and his hands found their way to her waist. I felt the need to run away, to hide but my legs weren't listening. They felt like jelly and as if I had no control over them whatsoever. 

Taemin oppa had realised I was staring at something intently and shifted his gaze to where I was looking. 

He turned back to see the tears streaming down my cheeks. He brought his palms to my cheeks to cup my face and wiped away the tears with his thumbs.  He bent down to my level, looked straight in my eyes and said, "forget him, okay?" He straightened back up but this time he leaned in towards my forehead. I felt his soft lips make contact with my forehead and I cringed a bit. It's been a while since he had last kissed me. 

 

*Jong In's POV*

 

I pulled back from the kiss realising how wrong it was to kiss Hae Ri when all I was thinking about was Tae Hee. Hae Ri didn't seem to be bothered by it, maybe because I had kissed her back.

"Oppa look," she pointed towards a couple a few metres away from us. It was Taemin hyung with a girl that had a figure very similar to Tae Hee but I couldn't see her face very clearly.  I examined her closely. It was Tae Hee, she's wearing the wedding ring. 

Taemin hyung slightly bent down to her level and used his thumbs to wipe away what I assumed were tears. Why is she crying? Did he make her cry? Aish I was dying a bit inside. I should be the one wiping away her tears not my best friend. I watched him intently as he striaghtened back up. He abruptly started leaning in towards her forehead. Soon enough his lips found their way to her forehead. The worst thing was she didn't stop him or get angry with him afterwards.

 

*Tae Hee's/Your POV*

 

After the abrupt kiss, he grabbed a hold of my hads once again and pulled me to one of the buskers near the fountain. "Can I please borrow you're guitar for little bit? I promise you can get all the tips that people give," Taemin smiled at the guy. I turned back around to see if Jong In and Hae Ri were still there making out but they were nowhere in sight. I guess they left already. 

Some of the fangirls had recognised Taemin and began gathering around. 

 

*Taemin's POV*

 

I quickly took the opportunity to sing Tae Hee the song I had written and the best thing was that Jong In, that idiot, was there to witness the whole thing. Obviously he was going to follow Tae Hee and I since he was a man that was full of envy.

I made Tae Hee sit on the side of the fountain edge. One of my foot was on the edge, with the guitar over my knee for support.

"This is a song I wrote for this beautiful girl right here," I almost yelled. I could see the fans whipping out their phones, ready to record everything. 

(A/N: This is the song Taeminnie is singing and obivously he didn't write this but let's just pretend he did xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8nqZEo-EUQ)

I began strumming the guitar strings and the words slowly unraveled by itself.  

 

i'm stuck thinking of words to say

cause you made me think things I never

hold on this ain't right

trying my hardest to keep this feeling inside

wishing it was me

i'm sick and tired of sitting here watching him do you wrong like you ain't perfect

and baby i don't think there's a right way for me to say

in different circumstances i would make you my girl

 

I never thought that I could feel this way for

my best friend's girlfriend

do you think that i'm wrong

for wanting to love her and needing to hold her down

i know that he ain't ready to do what i do

(hey) my best friend's girlfriend

 

For that moment, I didn't care that this was going to be all over the internet nor did I care that it was going to end up on every gossip magazines' front page. She just needed to know how I felt. Nothing else mattered. A lot of the fans had threw their spare change into the guitar case and I had given it to the busker, as promised. 

"Thank you," I smiled at the busker and walked back to Tae Hee.

"So do you understand how I feel now?"

No words came out of , instead she pulled me into a surprise hug. It's been a while since she's been in my embrace. 

"You know you're going to get so many anti-fans for doing this, right?" she asked pulling away.

"Well I can't please everyone, now can I?"

"I guess not but what are people going to think? I'm married."

"Don't worry, everyone knows it's an arranged marriage anyway. We'll get through this," I said pulling her into another hug.

"So you're officially my girlfriend now?" 

"If I say yes, will you let me go so I can breathe?" she managed to choke out.

I was smiling like an idiot. She accepted. What more could I want?

 

*Jong In's POV*

 

The more I watched them, the more I became green with envy. Yes, I admit it, okay?

I mean I've sang her a few songs and she's very neutral about it but when Taemin hyung sings it, she brightens up like it's the best thing in the world. She even hugged him at the end of it. And don't even get me started on the song he sang. My bestfriend's girlfriend? Why does it relate to this situation so perfectly? Does he love her? Well whatever is going on between them or has happened between them, I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

"Hae Ri, I'm going to go. I'll call you later tonight, okay?" I said and hurried off. I've just got to act like I didn't see anything.

 

*Hae Ri's POV*

 

He finally left after what seemed like forever. I wanted to see my other oppa, the one I'm really in love with. 

'Baekhyunnie oppa. I'm bored. Come and meet me,' I texted him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys :) sooooo...Taemin confessed to Tae Hee before Kai did, okay so who's pissed? Who wants JongHee (Jong In and Tae Hee's couple name :D) fluff? keke wait for the next chapter :P

And the mysterious guys that you were all guessing was Baekhyun :) I don't get why most people were guessing Kris. Maybe it's because he called her a ~

Oh and sorry for the continuous change of POVs, I just wanted to share everyone's thoughts! lol

Anyway did anyone go to SMTown LA? I want to see Kai so badly T.T 

Well until my next update...thanks for reading <3

hottest-shawol xx

 

P.S. Do the poll please :)