38 – Baby Talk

Forced To Say I Do

 

 

“I can’t believe we have to leave in an hour,” I complained as I placed a pair of folded shorts into my suitcase.

“I know. I can’t believe I have to go back to work tomorrow,” Jong In groaned and slumped onto the bed with his arms and legs spread out. I let out a chuckle and continued to pack everything into our suitcases. Jong In abruptly pulled me down next to him, locking me in a tight embrace. “You know what? Let’s just hide here until we get bored of this place.” he suggested immaturely. I struggled to break free from his strong embrace.

“Stop speaking so irrationally. The both of us know how much trouble you’ll be in for trying to avoid work.”

“Fine,” he groaned, dragging his body up into a sitting position.

“Finish folding this, I’m going to go wash up,” I told him and hoped off the bed, heading towards the bathroom.

 

As I stripped down to my underwear, I looked into the mirror as I noticed a dark, bruise-like mark on my neck. With furrowed eyebrows, I examined it closer and ran my fingers over the spot. This had Kim Jong In written all over it.

Hastily, I wrapped a towel around my body and ran into the bedroom.

“Look at this,” I panicked whilst pointing to the hickey on my neck. He let out a chuckle of amusement. “Kim Jong In, this is not funny. If the paparazzi get a hold of this, what are people going to think of us?”

“Let them think what they think. We’re married, is it wrong for us to be doing things?” he emphasised with a slight smirk on his face.

 “But we aren’t even doing those things your referring to.”

“Are you saying you want to?” he asked suggestively. One knee bent onto the bed as I reached over to slap him on the arm.

“You’re so ugh!” I groaned and walked back into the bathroom. “You better finish folding those when I come out!” I yelled out to him.

 

I let the warm water flow onto my body as my mind began to replay the voices of our parents. ‘We’re not getting any younger’ ‘we’re not going to wait forever’.  I thought about how much our parents wanted grandchildren and it was starting to worry me. I was not ready for children at all. How was I supposed to fulfil their wish?

 

I sighed as I turned off the water and pulled on a pair of distressed denim shorts and a black tank top.

“What took you so long?” Jong In questioned as I came out.

“Just thinking,” I replied.

“About?” Should I really tell him that I was thinking about having kids?

“Just things…” I trailed off, trying to avoid the question.

“Come on Tae Hee. If you think I’m gong to stop asking you because you’re replying like that then think again.”

“Promise you’ll listen to me seriously?” I said before taking a seat next to him on the couch. He nodded and scooted closer to me. “Well I was just thinking about what your mum told me about having children and all.”

“And?”

“And I feel like it’s becoming a burden that both of our parents are expecting children,” I sighed.

“You’re not ready, right?” he asked whilst taking a hold of my hand. I shook my head in reply. “Well then we don’t have to have children right away. Don’t do anything that you’re not sure about. Our parents can wait. It’ll be okay,” he comforted, giving my hand a light squeeze.

“But what are we going to do about your mum? She’s angry at you and I don’t think she’s going to forgive you unless we announce to her that I’m pregnant, which I am most definitely not.”

“Don’t worry about her. When we get back this afternoon, we’re going to drop by my house and apologise. Well I’m going to apologise. She’ll forgive me so don’t worry too much.” I sighed and got up, ready to leave. “Come on we have to leave now so say bye to your beloved hotel room,” Jong In teased.

“How am I going to cover this up?” I asked pointing at my neck.

“Just put some make-up over it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We arrived back in Seoul at 3 p.m. and we ended up driving to Jong In’s house as discussed earlier.

“What do you want?” his mum snapped coldly as we stepped into the living room.

“Umma,” Jong In called with a hint of aegyo in his tone. “Please forgive me. I’ve changed. Really.”

She turned her body away from him with her arms folded across her chest. “Umma, Jong In has really changed over the past week. He took me on a trip this weekend and he even brought up the courage to confess to me.”

“So what happened to Hae Ri and Taemin?” she eyed the both of us.

“We’ll both call it off the next time we see them. Umma isn’t this what you wanted? For the both of us to be truly in love with each other and take responsibility for our marriage? Well I’m telling you I love her,” Jong In confessed.

“Really? I’m not going to see anymore scandals?”

“I promise,” he smiled angelically.

“Good because I missed my baby,” she smiled as she pulled him into a bear hug.

“Aish, I can’t breathe,” Jong In struggled to speak.

“So you both said that you love each other. Is there any progress on my grandchildren?”

Jong In glanced over to me with a worried expression. “Umma, how many times do I have to tell you that we’re both too young to have kids?”

“You know I’m start to become suspicious that you guys are hiding something from me. Does one of you have a problem?”

“Aish! No, umma! We don’t have a problem.”

“Have you both gone for a check up?” Well this is getting quite personal. I knew that she was going to ask us about children.

“Not yet, umma,” I replied sweetly.

“We don’t need a check up,” Jong In groaned as he got up and walked into the kitchen. Jong In’s mother patted the seat next to her on the couch instructing me to sit down.

“Drop by tomorrow and I’ll give you some eel to take home to Jong In. I heard that it’s very good for males when you’re trying to get pregnant.”

“Uhh…yeah…thanks umma,” I tried to sound convincing and grateful.

“Umma we’re going to go home now. We’ll visit another time,” Jong In announced.

“Okay. Tae Hee remember what I told you,” she smiled as we left.

 

“Thank god we’re leaving now,” I sighed in relief. “I was getting a headache with all that baby talk.”

Jong In chuckled and said, “don’t worry about it.”

“Do you think I’m wrong to not want to have a baby?”

“Of course not.”

“Okay let me ask you another question. Do you want to have a child?” Silence suddenly took over the whole car. “So you do want a child,” I sighed.

“Of course I want a child but if you’re not ready then I won’t force you.” Now I feel even worse. Jong In pretty much gives me anything I want yet the one thing I’ve heard him say that he wants I don’t want to give to him.

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! Sorry this as a short and crappy chapter but I just wanted to update since i promised.

I'm not even going to ask what you guys thought of this chapter because it was boring but don't worry I will update another chapter this week before school starts again :)

Until then take care and thanks for reading <3

hottest-shawol xx

 

P.S. any of my readers a jaywalker? I went to Jay's concert on Saturday and I am totally in love with that y man! The main reason why I haven't been updating is because I've been so distracted by him lol I REGRET NOTHING XD 

I HAVE SO MANY JAY PARK FEELS <33333333 and I am currently going through PCD (Post Concert Depression). I AM SO EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE RIGHT NOW! 

and the best bit of the concert was the end when jay took his bottle and splashed water ont he middle of the crowd, which was where I was standing and it hit me so I HAD HOLY WATER ON MY FACE AND IN MY MOUTH! indirect kiss right there xD just kidding! 

check out my fancam! You wouldn't want to miss this for the world ;) There's a nice little surprise ;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExhzksKbY4A&feature=plcp

hehe and guys follow me on tumblr :D I'll follow back :)  http://exoshineelove.tumblr.com/