29 - Family

Forced To Say I Do

 

*Hae Ri’s POV*

It was finally the day of SHINee’s concert. I have no idea why Jong In had told me to do it instead of Tae Hee. But it doesn’t really matter because Baekhyun oppa was going to be my partner. I was in the waiting room alone trying to calm my nerves. I wonder where Baek oppa was. I could hear Lucifer in the background meaning that our stage was slowly approaching. Breathe Hae Ri, Breathe, I told myself. I hope this performance goes well despite the fact that we’ve only rehearsed it twice together. My heart was racing and I had no idea how to slow it down.

 

There was a sudden knock at the door. I jerked my head back to see who it was and couldn’t help but smile. It was Baek oppa.

“Ready?” he smiled back. Of course I wasn’t. I mean I’ve never done anything like this in my life unless you count performing in a school concert in front of a total of fifty people to be the same. 

“W-why wouldn’t I be?” I lied nervously. He took a few steps towards me and grabbed a hold of my shoulder, bent down to my level and looked me straight in the eyes.

“I’ll be here don’t worry,” he comforted, which gave me a funny feeling in my stomach. I mentally face palmed myself. Why am I doing this to myself? I obviously love Baekhyun but why can’t I seem to let go of Jong In either? When you’re in love, aren’t you supposed to love one person only? Why am I caught between the two? Why do I have to go behind Jong In’s back and hang out with Baekhyun? All these questions, how are they ever going to be answered, I just want to get out of this love triangle and you want to know what’s the worst bit? I know Tae Hee loves Jong In and I really don’t want my actions to cause her to suffer, she is family after all. God please help me get out of this.

“Ri, it’s nearly our turn let’s go,” he urged and held out his hand. I grabbed onto it hesitantly.

 

I swear I’m going to get anti-fans for doing this dance with him. Lucifer was coming to an end and the stage was slowly dimming down, which meant it was our queue to get ready to head up on stage.

 

As soon as the stage went black, the both of us headed on stage and headed for our respective positions.

(A/N: so here’s the dance and song that they are dancing to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeB5U5MaUHA)

 

A few seconds after, the background music started playing. It was kind of awkward since the screams didn’t actually start until Baekhyun went on stage. It was a nice song – slow but upbeat at the same time. Our dance had an interesting storyline to it or maybe it was actually really cliché but considering I had no past experience in the showbiz industry I wouldn't know. But that's besides the point, the dance shows a progressing relationship between two people. The guy is chasing a girl that he likes; however, the girl is continuously rejecting him. He tries to make a move on her but ends up either being pushed away or at one point the girl hit him but he still didn’t give up on her. She began growing feelings for him and they ended up hugging at the end; indicating that they had become a couple.

This somehow made me reflect on my own actions towards Baek oppa. I would always push him away but he would never give up on me; when I needed him, he would be there.

 

As soon as the song ended, I ran off the stage. My head was such a mess right now. I have no idea what I’m doing or how I’m feeling.

 

 

*Tae Hee’s/Your POV *

My head was throbbing with pain. I still couldn’t get last night out of my head. Everything is such a mess. I need to get out of this house. More importantly, I need to get away from him.

 

I stood in the kitchen aimlessly. I should call Tae oppa or someone to get me out of this house. I reached into my pockets, searching for my phone but it was empty.

“I probably left it upstairs,” I muttered to myself.

“What’s upstairs?” a low voice suddenly asked causing me to jump a bit.

“Nothing,” I replied and ran up to our room. ‘Must keep your distance, Tae Hee, must keep your distance,’ I reminded myself.

 

Thank god, I reached our room in time since my phone was ringing like crazy. I checked the caller ID – it was Hae Ri.

“Unnie?” I asked.

“Tae Hee-ah I need to talk to you. Come meet me at my house in about an hour. We need to talk.”

“Is everything okay?”

“Just come and you’ll find out,” she replied and hung up. I wonder what she needs to talk about. At least this will get me out of the house and away from Jong In.

 

 

 

“Where are you going?” Jong In asked. I tried not making any eye contact with him. His eyes are the worst, they’re so captivating, if I stare into them I won’t be able to resist.

“I-I need to go see someone. Bye.” I blurted out and ran out the door. God, he must think I hate him or something. I really don’t hate you. It’s just that it’ll be better if I don’t fall for you any further.

 

 

I caught a taxi to Hae Ri’s house and arrived there in a little less than twenty minutes.

I rang the doorbell and within a matter of thirty seconds Hae Ri was at the door.

“Come in,” she smiled.

“Where’s aunty and uncle?’ I asked, referring to her mum and dad, as I entered the house.

“Oh they're at work. They won’t be home ‘til late.”

 

I took a seat on the couch with her sitting directly opposite of me.

“Did you want something to drink?”

“I’m okay. What did you need to talk about?” I smiled. She smiled sympathetically at me for a few seconds before replying.

“It’s about Jong In, Tae Hee.” Oh of course it’s about him. I mean what other topic can we really talk about?

“You don’t have to worry. I have no intention of spending the rest of my life with him. We just need to get through these two years and then we’ll get a divorce and then you guys can be together. I’m really sorry for getting in between you two in the first place,” I blurted out. It pained me to say that but it’s what’s best for everyone.

“Tae Hee, I didn’t ask you to come here so that you could say that. I actually wanted to know how you feel about Jong in. If you genuinely like him, or maybe you’ve even fallen in love with him, then I’ll back away.” Is she being serious right now? She’s willing to give up on him just as long as I say that I like him?

“Why…but…I don’t understand. Don’t you love him?”

“Tae Hee, you’re my cousin. No matter what I still have to put you’re feelings into consideration don’t I? So…exactly how do you feel about him?” I thought about it seriously for a second. If I tell her that I have actually fallen for Jong In, what if she only has bad intentions? But then again if I don’t tell her then I won’t ever get a chance with Jong In. Aish why am I still thinking about this? I've already told myself that I would forget him. He treats me like I mean nothing to him so why do I want to be with him anyway? No, I am going to forget about him.

“I told you. I have no intention of spending the rest of my life with someone who doesn’t love me…and I d-don’t love him either,” I stuttered. “So if you really want to date him, I won’t get in the way.”

“Are you 100% sure about your answer?” she asked. “You won’t regret it?” Am I 100% sure? No, I’m not. Will I regret my decision? Hopefully not.

“Yes I am very sure. I won’t regret it,” I lied, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

 

 

*Hae Ri’s POV *

Oh my gosh, Tae Hee.. Why couldn’t you just say you liked him? It would have been so much easier for me. I would have backed off, let you be with Jong In and I would have dated Baekhyun.

“Don’t tell me you haven’t grown any feelings for Jong In over the past five months or so,” I remarked, trying to get her to confess.

“I-I have no feelings for him whatsoever,” she stuttered.

“Then why are you stuttering?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Why does it sound like you actually want me to say that I like Jong In? I don’t like him okay? He’s so arrogant and conceited. He doesn’t care about anyone else’s feelings. How could I possibly have feelings for someone like that? And plus I like Taemin oppa.”

“You still like him after all these years? Can I remind you he’s the one with a cold heart for leaving you without any real explanation.”

“He’s got a better heart than Jong In and he treats me so much better than Jong In.”

“So you’re telling me that Taemin is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with?”

That immediately shut her up. “Let unnie tell you something. Don’t get yourself in a love triangle. It’s probably the worst thing ever. If you’re just using someone so that you can get over someone else, don’t do it. You’re giving them hope that you actually like them. Don’t lead them on if you don’t have any intention on having any real feelings for them. You’re head will be one big mess,” I advised.

“Why do you seem to know so much about love triangles?”

“Because I’m in one right now.”

“W-with who?”

I sighed. “Baekhyun and Jong In.”

“Unnie,” she gasped.

“I don’t know what to do, Tae Hee,” I suddenly cried. “It’s messing up my head. It’s been like this for the past few years.” I can’t believe I’m actually telling her the whole story right now.

 

*Tae Hee’s/Your POV *

I was a little startled when she suddenly starting crying.

“It’s messing up my head. It’s been like this for the past few years,” she cried.

“You can tell me unnie, it’s okay,” I hugged her.

“Do you want to know the real reason I left for America?” she sniffed.

“I heard that you got pregnant? Was it true?”

She nodded without looking up at me. I felt really bad. “Who was the father, unnie?”

“It was Jong In’s and I told him but I was really scared and I loved Baekhyun as well. I was only seventeen back then I had no idea what I was doing. I didn’t tell my parents anything about the baby. I just told everyone that I wanted to go to America to study but I was just running away from everything. And I have probably already gone to hell for aborting my child but I had no other choice,” she blurted.

“Why did you decide to you know sleep with Jong In at such a young age?” I asked.

“I don’t know. It just happened one night after some party we went to and the both of us were most likely intoxicated at the time. But if I could turn back time I would have never went to that party and never slept with him. I regret everything,” she cried. I seriously had no idea what to say to comfort her. I never knew the whole story and here I was always judging her for no reason. I couldn’t even begin to imagine how scared and lonely she must have felt at the time. I mean if that was me I would have had no idea what to do.

“It’s okay, unnie. It’s all in the past now,” I hugged her.

“But see the problem is that I still love the both of them and I don’t know what to do.”

“I’m sorry but I really can’t help you choose that, unnie. It’s up to you,” I smiled apologetically. “Think about who treats you better and whom you can see yourself having a future with. Is it Jong In or Baekhyun?”

“That’s the problem I can’t seem to choose.”

“This isn’t something where you can easily decide in a few seconds or even in a day. It takes a while before you realise who is really better for you. You shouldn’t take it lightly, unnie. Think about it carefully and decide. Don’t think about how I feel or how anyone else feels about the situation. It’s about how you feel, okay?”

“Thanks, Tae Hee. You don’t know how much weight it takes off me to tell someone the real story. Thank god you’re my cousin.”

“No worries. We’re family, aren’t we?” I smiled. “Well I have to go now. Call me if you need anything okay?”

She nodded back. “You too. Call me anytime,” she smiled and led me out the door.

 

I quickly hopped into the first taxi that passed by. I told the driver the home address.

I sighed. Why can’t I seem to get Jong In out of my head? He seems to linger around in my head every second of the day. Could it be possible that I can’t forget him? But it doesn’t really matter now. I’ve already told Hae Ri that she can have Jong In if she wants. And besides, she had Jong In first. Who am I to go around ruining other people’s relationships? I may be shallow at times but I’m not that shallow. Ruining other people’s happiness just to gain my own happiness is something I would never even consider. I believe in fate. If I really am suppose to be with Jong In then no matter how long it takes we will be together in the end. Let’s just see how things work out. Even if I wanted our relationship to go somewhere, which I don’t since I promised myself I would forget him, I wouldn’t make a move now.  It’s not the right time yet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm back with another update :DD 

Anyway this chapter, as you have most likely already noticed, is based around Hae Ri and Tae Hee. Do you guys still think she's a ? Well I for one actually like her. She's pretty considerate! I mean she even said she would give up Kai if Tae Hee admitted that she liked him.

Thanks to everyone who commented :D But most of you guys are such silent readers!! COMMENT :P I'll make a deal with you guys ~ if I get over 50 comments for this chapter then I'll give you a double update next time :D Sound good? 

Well thanks for reading <3

hottest-shawol xx