21 - Surprise

Forced To Say I Do

I was lounging around the empty house just like every other day. I hate the fact that Jong In's out doing schedules or training for the whole day. I hate being alone. 

Dinner at Jong In's house yesterday was kind of awkward. Didn't I tell you our parents were going to badger us about having kids? Aish! They know we're in an arranged marriage and yet they still nag us about kids continuously. My mini rant in my head was interrupted by an irritating noise. I leaped onto the bed to grab my phone. I really should change my ringtone, it's getting on my nerves. 

I stared at the caller ID. Taemin oppa?

"Yeobosaeyo?"

"Tae Hee-ah! Are you doing anything right now?"

"No. Why oppa?"

"You wanna hang out today?"

"Uhh...okay. I'll see you at the park near your company in fifteen minutes."

"Okay see you soon."

I hung up and hurriedly got changed. Thank god I still have Taemin oppa to hang out with whilst my best friend, Su Min, is at college and my husband is at work. 

 

I arrived at the park a few minutes late. I scanned the park looking for a skinny, tall figure but there was no one in sight that had fit my description.

'Maybe he's not here yet,' I thought. 

"Boo," a voice scared. I jumped from his sudden contact with my shoulders. 

"Yah! What the hell is wrong with you?"

He pinched my cheeks. "Still the same Tae Hee from back then," Taemin grinned.

"So what are we doing today?"

"Want to come hang out at our dorm? I mean it must be better than being home alone."

"Wait. How do you know I was home alone?" I asked. He winked and pulled me to his car. His car was as flashy a Jong In's. I mean what is it with guys and driving flashy cars? Is their reputation or status based on their car or something?

"Like it?" Taemin grinned.

"It's just another car to me," I admitted. He rolled his eyes at me.

"You're such a girl."

"Well you're such a boy," I poked my tongue out at him. He let out a light chuckle. This was what I liked about Taemin oppa, I don't have to pretend around him. If I'm acting cute, he'll just play along. If I'm angry, he'll cheer me up. If I'm teasing him, he'll tease me back. It's different with Jong In though. I don't know if he actually hates me or if he just doesn't know how to express himself. If I'm acting cute, he'll kill my mood. If I'm angry, he'll make me more angry. If I'm teasing him, he'll just push me away. How am I suppose to grow closer to him like this? 

 

"Yah Tae Hee! Why are you always zoning out?"

"Huh? What?" 

"I said we're here. Why are you always in deep thought?"

"Uh...it's nothing. Don't worry about it." 

I stepped out of the car to face his dorm for the second time. "Is anyone home?" I asked as Taemin was unlocking the door. 

"No, they're all out on schedules."

"Why aren't you on schedule?" I asked whilst struggling to take off my sandals.

"I had a schedule this morning," he smiled.

"Well I have to go meet Jong In later. We need to practice for the performance at your concert next week."

"I'll take you later. Now what do you want to do?"

"I don't know. Let's just eat," I suggested bluntly. He gave me the 'are you serious' look before sighing and heading into the kitchen. 

The last time I was here, I hadn't really taken much notice of anything. Now that I took a second look, their dorm is very neat and very clean. Definately doesn't seem like five boys live here or maybe they are like EXO and hide rubbish in places people don't look.

"What do you want to eat?" Taemin yelled from the kitchen?

"Ice cream," I yelled back grinning like a little kid.

"Okay Jonghyun hyung is going to kill me for giving you his ice cream," he chuckled and handed me the half eaten tub of ice cream.

"Will he kill me?" I asked with a mouthful of ice cream.

"Just don't tell him it was you," he smiled.

While I was being a pig and stuffing myself with spoon fulls of ice cream, Tae oppa sat across of me with his elbows in the table and hands supporting his chin and stared at me as if I was the most interesting on earth.

"Stop staring," I hissed.

"Why? I haven't seen you in ages. Let me stare," he smiled.

"Sounds like you're talking to your girlfriend," I joked. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way but I felt pain as the word girlfriend slipped out of my mouth. Is it possible that after six years I still feel the same way about him? 

 

*Taemin's POV*

 

"Sounds like you're talking to your girlfriend," she joked. Her words hurt me as painfully as having daggers thrown at you. If only she knew that I felt the same way I did six years ago. 

"Tae oppa, are you okay?" she asked, waving her hands in front of me. 

"It's nothing," I mumbled and went to the kitchen. I feel so frustrated. There's so much I want to do for her but she's married now and the only thing I can do for her is be her friend. Great. Boys love being put in the friend zone.

"Oppa," she called softly. I jerked my head to the left to glance at her. "Are you angry with me?"

"No," I replied and walked towrds her. "I'm angry at myself," I continued and slightly pinched her cheek. She flashed that cute smile of hers, making me feel all tingly and mushy inside. 

"Oppa want to tell me why you're angry at yourself?" she asked whilst pulling me back into the dining room. I sat down, sighing at her question.

"I just wish things worked out differently," I replied.

"What do you mean? Stop being so vague."

"It's nothing," I lied. Obviously I couldn't tell her how I really felt. First of all, it's been six years, she's probably moved on. Second of all, she's married and lastly she's not married to just anyone. She's married with my best friend, the most jealous guy in the world. Little things will tick him off. 

"Tae Hee, answer me truthfully okay?"

She nodded.

"Have you fallen for Jong In?"

Her eyes widened, "why do you want to know?"

"Do you know about his past?"

"Of course."

"Well then you probably know the story of him and Hae Ri, right?"

"Yeah, she's his ex girlfriend." I felt bad telling her this but she has the right to know and I know Jong In's not going to tell her.

"Is that all he told you? Nothing else?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Is there more?"

"Do you want to know the real reason she left for America? I mean didn't you find it rather suspicious that she just left? If you remember she had everything a girl could want. Why did she need to leave?"

"W-well she wanted to go study abroad."

I snorted. "That's all a lie to cover up the real reason."

"What are you going on about?"

"Tell me how old were Jong In and Hae Ri when they dated?"

"Well it was two years ago so Jong In was eighteen and Hae Ri was seventeen." I nodded at her answer. 

"Oh come on oppa! Just get to the point already," she hissed frustratedly.

"Hae Ri was pregnant, Tae Hee. She was running away. The moment she found out she told Jong In about it, broke it off with him and ran to America."

"W-what? What do you mean she was pregnant? What happened to the baby?"

"Obviously she didn't keep it. Come on Tae Hee she was seventeen. What is she going to do with a baby?"

"Then how come Chanyeol oppa didn't tell me this?"

"Because I'm the only one Jong In told. Hae Ri's not the good cousin you always thought she was, Tae Hee. She's the devil's daughter."

"Oppa I've known her longer than you. She's my cousin. I think I know her better than you." I snickered.

"Really? Then tell me if she was such a good person would she have cheated on Jong In?" 

"What? I don't get it. She loved Jong In though." "I told you, she's the devil's daughter. She plays with people's minds."

"Wait so who was the other guy?"

"There's the problem I don't know who it is but I'll tell you for sure, it's one of the other EXO members."

 

*Tae Hee's/Your POV*


I was still processing everything that Taemin oppa had just told me. This doesn't sound like my cousin at all. She sounds exactly like how Tae oppa described her, the devil's daughter. 

"Surprised?" he asked. I nodded. I couldn't get my head around it. It was hard to believe but Taemin's one of my best friends and he wouldn't lie to me about this. I mean what would he gain from this? 

"Hey oppa we should go now," I mumbled. "Jong In will get angry if I'm late again."

"Alright let's go."

 

-Twenty minutes later-

We arrived at the SM Building but the things Tae oppa had told me were still running around in my head and I couldn't get it out. I mean would Jong In or Hae Ri really be that irresponsible? Aish I wish I could just ask Jong In but what right do I have to ask him? We agreed not to interferee with each others' private lives. 

"Tae Hee are you coming or not?" Taemin oppa called inside the elevator. I quickly ran in before the doors closed on me. 

As we got closer to the EXO's training room, a faint noise was getting more and more clear. It sounded like a girl giggling and wasn't the normal giggles, it sounded like a giggle you do when you're flirting with someone. Jong In is the only one in the training room at this time. 

"Do you hear that oppa?" I whispered. He peeped his head into the gap between the door and the door frame. He pulled back with a worried expression.

"Maybe we should go," he said trying to pull me away from the door. I pushed him away and took a look for myself. What I saw was beyond what I had expected. 

She's back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DUN DUN DUN!! SHE'S BACK :O Bring on the drama :D so who do you guys think the 'other guy' is? ;) @TheInspiritedGirl Do not ruin this for the rest of the readers because you already know who it is! LOL

omg I may not be able to update for a three weeks due to exams but I'm not sure yet...I might end up doing a surprise update :P haha

Thank you so much for all your comments <3 i love reading them :) and a lot of you were so frustrated that Jong In didn't confess! lol...the time will come guys :D

Thanks so much for reading <3 

hottest-shawol xx