30 - Scandals

Forced To Say I Do

 

“You better hurry up unless you want to get scolded again,” I yelled to Jong In whilst trying to brush my hair.

“Alright let’s go,” he said as he came out of the bathroom and fixing his shirt at the same time. I had a really bad feeling about this. So his mum called him half an hour ago demanding that the both of us “get off our lazy butts and come over” were her exact words then ten minutes later my mum called demanding to see the both of us. If that wasn’t a bad sign then I don’t know what is.

 

As we stepped out of the door, we were blinded by the sudden flashes and were surrounded by hundreds of reporters; all hungry for gossip but what can they get out of us?

Have you seen the recent articles released online, Kai? What articles is he referring to? There haven’t been any articles released about us since the wedding…right?

Who was that other girl you’re involved with?

Tae Hee, how do you feel about this whole situation? I turned my head to the left to quickly glance at Jong In who was already staring at me. He let out a sigh before grabbing my hand and making his way through the bunch of reporters. The reporters followed behind us eagerly and at one point someone had grabbed onto my free arm, which caused me to screech. Jong In looked back with a furious expression.

“If you know what’s good for you, I wouldn’t touch her again,” Jong In warned. The guy immediately let go and backed away apologetically.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked once we’d entered the car. He pulled my arm, that the guy had grabbed, over to his side and examined it for a second before I pulled it back.

“I’m fine,” I lied. Hopefully he didn’t see the red marks the reporter left from his tight grip. “Just drive.”

“Why is it so red then?” he asked and pulled my arm back so that he could look at it again.

“It’s nothing,” I convinced. “Now start driving otherwise we’ll be late.”

 

 

 

 

“Go stand in the living room,” my mum ordered as soon as we arrived at Jong In’s house. I looked over to Jong In with a worried expression. He just shrugged and told me to go to the living room.

We turned the corner, into the living room to reveal a scared Taemin and Hae Ri standing in front of the angry in-laws. Now I was worried. What the heck is happening? Why is Taemin and Hae Ri here? Aish. I shuffled nervously to Taemin’s side with Jong IN following behind me.

“What are you guys doing here, oppa?” I whispered to Taemin.

“None of you will speak unless you’re answering my questions,” my dad suddenly yelled and slammed his palm onto the white coffee table. I jumped in fright. The last time he was this angry was when he found out that I had failed my business course in which he payed thousands of dollars for me to attend.

Suddenly Jong In’s dad threw a pile of about five different newspapers and magazines on the table.

“Take a look and then someone explain to me this…this….this disgraceful incident,” Jong In’s mum spoke.

I slowly bent down to pick up one of the magazines and gasped at the front-page headline.

‘Kai’s marriage is an open marriage? I stared at the pictures that accompanied the headline. There were two of Jong In and Hae Ri – one of them kissing and another one with them hugging. There were also two of Taemin oppa and I – one of Taemin kissing my forehead and another of him serenading me. I realised that all these photos had been taken on the same day. I placed it back down and picked up the second one.

‘Kai’s marriage falling apart’ it read. This article said the same thing as the first article. The only difference was the order of words.

“Someone explain this to me because I can’t understand why any of you would do this,” Jong In’s mum asked in a disappointed tone. I sighed. How were we supposed to explain this to anyone? We couldn’t so we all stayed quiet. Jong In’s dad picked up the magazines and threw them all on the floor.

“JONG IN!” he yelled abruptly. “Explain this,” he ordered and pointed down to the floor where the articles were.

“I…I,” he began.

“I like Tae Hee,” Taemin announced bravely. I heard Jong In’s mum gasp at his sudden confession.

“And I like Hae Ri,” Jong In confessed. This probably only made everyone else, especially his dad, more angry. I couldn’t help but feel disappointed that he had actually confessed in front of everyone.

“You are married! How dare you say that nonsense,” Jong In’s mum scolded.

“But you’re the one who forced me to marry her. It’s not like I had a choice so why are you expecting me to actually stay faithful to her?”

“If you go around saying things like that I will disown you,” his mum threatened. “Listen to me carefully. I’m only going to say this to all of you once,” she eyed all of us. “Jong In and Tae Hee are married whether they like it or not. In this century, it may be okay for you to go prancing around and having affairs in the eyes of other people but I, and neither are any of the other parents here today, will tolerate this king of reckless behaviour. Once you’re married you are expected devote yourself to the other personfor the two years, whether you like it or not, and then you can get a divorce. If you really didn’t want to get married then you shouldn’t have said ‘I do’ but because the both of you did I expect you to abide by your vows for the rest of the two years. So Taemin and Hae Ri, if you both really love Tae Hee and Jong In, respectively, then you will wait until the two years are over. Do you all understand?”

“What do you mean we shouldn’t have said ‘I do’? You all forced us to say it,” Jong In defended.

“But it didn’t come out of our mouths. It came out from your own mouth. So the both of you will be the one that takes responsibility for it,” she snapped.

“I don’t think I can wait two years for her,” Taemin confessed.

“Well then I’m sorry but you can’t be with her then.”

“Mr. Lee, you should know how Tae Hee actually feels about all of this. Do you know how Jong In treats her? As a father, don’t you want what’s best for your daughter?” Taemin challenged.

“Of course I want what’s best for her this is why I forbid her to have a love relationship with you while she’s married to Jong In. Her reputation will be ruined and no one will take her seriously. That’s just how this world works.”

“I don’t care about my reputation,” I finally spoke up. “I just want to be with him.”

“TAE HEE! Stop being nonsensical. Both Jong In and yourself should grow up and take full responsibility.”

“Dad, why are you speaking like I’m pregnant or something? There’s no responsibility here. Jong In can take care of himself and I don’t care if he wants to date Hae Ri and he doesn’t need to take repsonsiblity for me. I can look after myself and I know that he doesn’t mind if I date Taemin. So why are you all being so problematic about this?”

“I told you I’m not waiting two years to date Hae Ri. No one’s going to stop me from dating her.”

“Well don’t bother coming back into this household until you know how to treat your wife properly and show her some respect,” Jong In’s mum yelled. Did she just disown him or did she disown the both of us? I’m really sorry, umma. I’m sorry I can’t change his mind. I wish he liked me back as well and that there would be no problems in our marriage but its inevitable.

“Well if you’re all done talking. All of us are going to take our leave. Let’s go Hae Ri.” All I could do was watch the both of them leave together. What’s happening to me? Didn’t I say I was going to forget him? Why can’t I seem to do it?

“Let’s go, Tae Hee,” Taemin said and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the house. I bowed on my way out not wanting to show any further disrespect.

 

 

 

 

*Jong In’s POV*

I couldn’t bear to see Tae Hee’s face as I dragged Hae Ri out the door. I’m sorry, Tae Hee. I know that I have feelings for you but it’s just I need to clear something up before I make a move. Taemin hyung I’ll leave her in your hands for the time being. Hopefully you’ll treat her better than I’ve been treating her.

“What are you doing?” Hae Ri pulled out of my grip. I stared at her for a few seconds and was about reply but she was a step ahead of me. “How could you treat Tae Hee that way? Jong In I may like you but that’s no way you should treat your wife. Everything that your mum and the other parents said in there was true. You guys are married whether you like it or not and you should take it seriously for the next year and a half.”

“What so you’re saying we shouldn’t be together?”

“I’m just saying even if you want to be with me you still shouldn’t treat Tae Hee that way. She is your wife after all and you guys still have to live together for the next year and a half.” I sighed. Of course I knew what my mother was right. It’s just sometimes I wished she’d let me do things my way instead of always interfering. Now she’s even disowned me. Great. Just great.

“Jong In, let’s just leave it at that today. I think it’s best if you just go find Tae Hee. I’m sure your actions and words have hurt her.”

“She doesn’t want to see me. You heard her; she likes Taemin hyung. She’ll be happier if she doesn’t see me.”

“Well don’t tell me I didn’t tell you when she suddenly stops talking to you or acting weird.” She’s already started acting weird in the past few days and I don’t even know why.

“Are you busy today? Want to go get some coffee?”

“I actually have to go meet someone. How about tomorrow?”

I nodded in approval. “Well I’ll text you later. I have to go now. Bye,” she hugged and left. She seems to be meeting someone on a regular basis. Whenever I ask her to hang out she’s always hanging out with someone else. I wonder who it is. Must be one of her friends, I convinced myself. I should really apologise to Tae Hee but then again why should I apologise? She probably doesn’t have any feelings for me…right? I mean think about she ran away from me after I kissed her, she really likes to argue with me, she has been avoiding me for the past few days and she admitted it herself that she liked Taemin hyung. Yeah she probably didn’t feel hurt by my words or actions at all.

 

 

 

Sooooooooo.....let's recap on this chapter, Jong In got disowned by his mum and he's STILL in doubt of Tae Hee's feelings -.- BUT don't worry just bear with me for a few more chapters :D THE FLUFF IS COMING!!!!!!!! LOL

Anyway I made a deal with you guys last time I updated........Did we reach 50 comments? no. too bad no double update!

 

 

 

 

JUST KIDDING XD there were 51 comments! LOL, so enjoy the next chappie :)

thanks for reading <3

hottest-shawol xx