20 - Friend Zone

Forced To Say I Do

Our honeymoon had went by pretty quick and I don't even know if you can call that trip a honeymoon. Well it obviously didn't feel like one. 

It had already been a week since we had arrived back and things were slowly going back to normal. Jong In was busier than ever which meant that I was alone a lot of the time. 

The both of us had not met up with our parents since our return. We were avoiding them as much as possible. I mean they were obviously going to bring up that topic and it would make things awkward for both Jong In and I but we couldn't hide forever. Our parents had invited us to dinner tonight. 'It's going to be one long evening,' I thought.

 

I grabbed my bag off of the bed and headed downstairs and out the door. I was already late. I'm suppose to meet Jong In at SM in five minutes but it takes twenty minutes to get there.  'Aish,' I muttered under my breath as I ran out the door, trying to wave to a taxi as quickly as possible. 

After five minutes of waving to taxi drivers, all of whom ignored me, I managed to catch the attention of a driver. I hurriedly climbed on and told him the address of the SM Building. Note to self: Tell Jong In to come pick me up next time or just tell him to buy me a car. 

 

As I arrived at the building, I shoved the money in the taxi driver's hand, said my thanks and darted to EXO's practice room, greeting the receptionist and staff on my way.  Despite the elevator ride, I still arrived at their practice room panting and my heart rate was still high. 

Jong In heard my entrance and turned off the music. "You're twenty two minutes and 48 seconds late," he said glancing at the clock on the wall. 

"Yeah it took me ages to catch a taxi. The drivers all ignored me and there's no need to be so precise," I panted whilst holding onto the door frame to stop myself from collapsing. That was the most exercise I've done in the last half year. "So why did you call me here?"

"Have you forgotten?"

I looked at him cluelessly. What is he talking about? 

"Remember? Lee Soo Man wants us to do a special performance at SHINee's concert?"

I made an 'O' shape with my mouth.  "Geez you've got a bad memory. It's been two weeks."

"Shut up," I frowned.

"Can you sing?" he asked bluntly.

"Everyone can sing, the problem is if they can sing well or not," I replied. 

"Well that's what I meant, can you sing well?" he asked with emphasis.

"How about you be the judge of that."

"Ok fine. Can you dance?"

"Not really," I said scratching my neck. 

"Let's just get started. We have to learn the dance before we start singing since it takes longer."

I nodded.

"But how am I going to dance in this?" I asked looking down at the dress I was wearing. 

"Don't worry. I'm not going to make you do anything that will make you flash."

I smiled and nodded. "But even if I did, we're married remember? It doesn't really matter if I see," he smirked.

"Yah! You little ert!" I yelled and slapped his arm aggressively.

He screeched as my palm hit his arm. "You didn't need to hit me that hard. You know I was only joking."

"I never know when you're joking. You sounded damn serious to me!" I glared.

"Let's just get started. What song are we doing?"

"Don't throw another tantrum when I tell you the name of the song, okay?"

"I won't make any promises." 

"Trouble Maker," he smirked.

My eyes widened as the words came out of his mouth. "Aw come on. It will be a fun perfomance. You know all the touching and skinship," he whispered with his breath on my neck. 

"YAH!" I screamed. He saw his cue to run. "If I catch you, you're dead!" I yelled as I ran around the room trying to catch him. Aish why do I have such an immature husband?

 

"Okay I give up!" he panted as he fell to the ground. 

"You. Are. A. Stupid. ert," I said hitting him in between words.

"You're so violent for a little person."

"I'm not little!" I frowned.

"Yeobo I'm like 25 cm taller than you!" he grinned.

"What have I told you about calling me that?" I rasied my eyebrow. 

"I know you get angry, that's why I like calling you that," he chuckled.

"So were you being serious about doing trouble maker?"

"Obviously not. Who knows what the hell you would do to me. You'll probably kick me in places so hard that we won't be able to have children together. Now that would be sad, wouldn't it?"

"Aish in a matter of fifteen minutes you have managed to take away all my energy. Now quit playing and let's practice. We have to be at your house in two hours," I scolded.

"We're actually doing 'We will be okay' by G.Na and BB.boys to answer your question more seriously."

 

He tried to show me how to do some weird move which had caused me to trip over my own foot and this wasn't once, it was eight times. I could see he was frustrated with me but he kept his cool, encouraging me to to keep trying. 

After about an hour, I was beginning to become frustrated with myself.  "AISH! I can't do this!" I yelled frustratedly. 

"Don't worry we've still got a week until the concert. We'll have time," Jong In comforted. 

"Can't we just sing without dancing?" I mumbled. I felt so selfish asking him that. Dance is so special and meaningful to him, he incorporates it in every performance and here I am asking him to forget the dance and just sing. Once again another piece of evidence proving how incompatible we are.  Jong In had snapped me out of my trance.

"Yah did you hear what I just said?"

"What you'd say?"

"I said if you don't want to dance we don't have to," he smiled.

"Thanks," I smiled back. "Friendly hug?" I asked with my arms open.

 

*Jong In's POV*

 

"Friendly hug?" she asked with her arms open. I died a little inside as I heard the word 'friend'. I guess I'm stuck in the friend zone. Remember my wish? I originally wanted to confess to her. I mean I realised that what I was feeling was more than 'friends' or maybe I liked her since the beginning and skipped the whole friend period and maybe it was because I was too blind and too cold to see that. I don't know if it's love but these feelings were definately more than friends. Now I know where I stand. Good thing I hadn't confessed to her or things would have been awkward between us. She doesn't like me back but then again her actions and words contradict each other. The way she kisses me and the way she talks to me are totally opposite of each other. 

"You know if you didn't want to hug me you could have said something instead of just staring at me like I'm some alien."

"Sorry but we are more than friends. We're married, remember?" I tried my best to joke around but in reality I was hinting my feelings towards her. 

"We're in an arranged marriage, Jong In, not a love marriage. There's a difference. There's no love here." 

"We could turn it into a love marriage."

"But the both of us aren't in love." The more she spoke, the more pain I felt. This was like Hae Ri all over again. 

"Let's just go to your house. We're going to be late if we don't leave now," she said and pulled me out the door.

 

We arrived at the front of my house in a matter of half an hour. I saw manager hyung's van in the driveway. I wonder what he's doing here.  I took the keys out of my pocket and opened the doors. Yes I still have the keys to my parents' house. 

"You don't need to worry Mrs Kim, I told you Jong In and Tae Hee are getting VERY close. I mean I saw them making out with my own two eyes and so did the rest of the EXO members," a voice spoke that sounded like Baekhyun's. What the hell are they talking about? My love life with Tae Hee? Aish. We walked into the living room to see Mr Byun Baekhyun, the loud mouth, having a conversation with my mother. How nice. 

"I told you my wish would come in handy. Umma will totally believe that we're getting intimate now. Thanks to Bacon over there. My plan was a success,". whispered to her. She giggled lightly and turned her attention back to my mum. 

"Yah! Byun Baekhyun what are you telling her?" I yelled. 

"Don't forget your formalities, young man!" my mother scolded.

"Uhh, I got to go. Don't worry Mrs Kim. Just trust me, everything will work out!" he said as he headed for the exit.

"Ah Tae Hee, Jong In. When did you kids arrive? You're not suppose to be here for another half an hour and why are you all sweaty?"

"We were-" 

She cut Tae Hee off, "were you guys doing something?" she asked with a hint of excitement in her tone. We all obviously knew what she was thinking about. 

"Of course not umma! We're still young. We don't need kids running around the house when Tae Hee's going to start helping with our company next month. We don't have time for that kind of stuff."

"You may still be young but what about us? You're parents? We're going to age and we're not going to wait forever, okay?" 

"It won't be forver, umma," Tae Hee smiled angelically as she sat down next to my mum. "We just need more time."

"All I'm saying is don't make us wait too long," my mother smiled as she took a hold of Tae Hee's hand. I smiled to myself. I love that Tae Hee can get along so well with my mum. I love that about Tae Hee, she's considerate and understanding and finds the good in people, despite her cold look at times. Sigh, what's happening to me? I'm becoming mushy. How did my feelings just develop without me knowing? And how did they develop so fast? It's only been three and a half months. Should I call this love or what? Well whatever it is, it's changing me. It's scaring me. I'm afraid I'll go back to being the way I was with Hae Ri and end up being hurt.......again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

HEYYYYY GUYS :D so who's frustrated with this chapter? Jong In was suppose to confess!!!!!! and then Tae Hee just puts him in the friend zone! :(

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone for being so patient and waiting for my updates :D I appreciate it <3

And just a little warning...the drama is going to begin soon so enjoy the fluff while you can because I love my angst! haha

Remember to leave me a comment and thanks to everyone who commented on the last chappie! Love you guys <3

Thanks so much for reading <3

hottest-shawol xx

 

P.S. I love Kai in this picture sooooooooo much so I couldn't help but share it with you guys! 

Kai in a suit with pushed back hair =