32 - Feelings

Forced To Say I Do

 

*Tae Hee’s POV *

‘Ugh, stupid cramps,’ I mentally cursed. It has never been this bad before. I wonder why the pain has suddenly become excruciating. The pain was just unbearable to the point where I had lost my appetite and my muscles were beginning to refuse any activity.

 

I suddenly got the feeling that there was something leaking between my legs or maybe I was just paranoid. My menstrual cycle was always known to be irregular and the doctors have even recommended for me to take the pill but my mum had forbidden it – “You’ll regret it,” she says. I had never understood her words and when I questioned it to her she would simply reply, “you’ll understand one day.”

 

I used all of the strength I had to pull myself up. I hadn’t realised how weak my legs have gotten, from the lack of movement today, until they decided to collapse once I had stood up. The cramps weren’t the only thing that was bothering me right now, my back decided to cause me more pain. I was in desperate need of sanitary pads but how was I supposed to get them if my legs refused any movement?

 

Reaching up to the bedside table, I grabbed my phone and searched for Jong In’s name.

“Jong In,” I called weakly once the ringing disappeared.

“Tae Hee? Are you okay?” he asked. “What’s wrong?”

“Jong In, it’s hurts,” I groaned in pain.

“Okay. I’ll be home soon. Just hang in there,” he said and hung up. I’m really sorry for interrupting your date with Hae Ri it’s just that Taemin’s in Japan and you were my last option. I threw the phone somewhere on the floor next to me and curled up into a ball, clutching my stomach. Before I knew it, I had headed off into dreamland.

 

*Jong In’s POV *

As soon as I arrived home I dashed up the stairs to our room not even bothering to take off my shoes.

 

And what I saw once I’d opened the door had astonished me to the point where I couldn't even move. Tae Hee was on the floor with a puddle of blood surrounding her legs.

“TAE HEE-ah,” I yelled as I ran to her side. She didn't move a single inch - she was still curled up in a ball with her arms clutching her stomach. "Tae Hee!" I yelled again as I violently shook her. 

She groaned as she began to shuffle. "Jong In, stop shaking me. It hurts," she mumbled, still half asleep. Without thinking I pulled her weak, sluggish body into a tight embrace. 

"Thank god you're okay. I thought you were dead or something," I exclaimed, still embracing her. She suddenly let out a loud groan. "Jong In it hurts," she yelled weakly. 

"Where does it hurt?" I asked as I held onto her shoulders.

"It hurts everywhere," she whined. 

"Wait why is there blood all over the floor?" I panicked. 

"I-I have my period," she replied, breathing heavily. 

“Why didn’t you use pads or something?”

“I was getting up to go get one but my legs decided not to work,” she groaned lightly.

"How come you're not like this every month?" I continued to panic. 

"Just help me get cleaned up and then ask questions," she sighed. I quickly got up on my feet and picked her up bridal style and took her to the bathroom - placing her in the bathtub. "Can you grab a pad out of that cabinet," she said and pointed to the cabinet above the sink. 

"Uhh...why are there so many different types? Tae Hee! Which one?" Wings, no wings, super, regular?!?! I don't understand this! 

She let out a weak chuckle before telling me get the overnight ones. Well at least that one made sense. "Well I guess you have to shower yourself unless..." I trailed off. 

"I'll be fine."

"Just call me if you need me," I smiled and walked out, closing the door behind me.

 

I ran down the stairs and went straight to the medicine cabinet. Please tell me she's prepared for this and bought pain killers. I dug through the draw looking for something that could relieve her cramps. A green box caught my eye. I quickly skimmed through the back of the box. 'Relieves pain in half an hour,' it read. HALF AN HOUR? Is that too long? That's 30 minutes! Yep definitely too long, I told myself so I threw it back in the pile.

 

I went through the rest of the cabinet and there was nothing that would help besides that 'half an hour relief' one. Aish I guess it'll do. I ran back up to our room, with the box of pain relievers in my hands, and went onto google. 'How to relieve period cramps,' I typed in. Hundreds of thousands of results were found, as you would expect from google. I clicked on the first link. It was some women's health organisation. Seems legitimate, I thought to myself. 

"5 easy ways to relieve period cramps," I read. "One - keep your stomach warm; two - Drink lots of warm water; three - do some light exercise; four - stay away from foods and/or drinks that contain too much sugar and five - rub/massage your stomach to unstress the stomach muscles."

Well she obviously can't do number three - she's too weak but I guess the other ways are pretty decent. 

"I'm going to go to sleep," she suddenly said out of nowhere. My eyes widened as I saw what she was wearing. She was in shorts and a singlet. I mean I understand it's summer but the women's health organisation clearly says to keep warm. 

"Yah! What are you wearing? You're suppose to keep warm," I scolded as I ran to the wardrobe and grabbed pajama pants and a thin long sleeve top. "Wear this," I demanded and held out the outfit. 

"If you haven't noticed, it's summer right now," she stated bluntly.

"But you have to keep warm. Now go wear them.”

She pouted before taking the clothes and going to get changed. I let out a low chuckle before remembering step number two. What was it again? Drink lots of warm water, I think it was. Once again I ran down the stairs and put on the kettle. Aish this is more intense than my dance practices. 

 

After what seemed like forever, the kettle finally made the clicking noise, signifying that the water had boiled. I carefully poured it into a tall glass and went back upstairs. 

I entered the room the find her lying in bed again. I sighed as I sat on the edge of the bed next to her. "Hey, get up and take these pain relievers," I whispered as I gently touched forehead. Her forehead was warmer than usual. Is she getting a fever? 

I helped her sit up and popped out a tablet from the plastic and handed it to her along with the glass of warm water. "Careful it's hot," I warned.

"Thanks," she smiled and took the tablet. I smiled back at her. It's been a while since she last smiled. 

I suddenly remembered that you could only take medicine on a full stomach otherwise your stomach would hurt even more. 

"Hey, I'm going out for fifteen minutes," I told her and ran out the door. I need to be quick, she can't stay home alone for too long.

I hastily got in the car and drove to the nearest porridge store.

 

It was about a five-minute drive to the store. It was a small street store.

"Ahjumma can you please give me the porridge people eat when their sick," I spoke in a fast manner. Luckily everything has already been pre-made otherwise I would have to wait for ages. 

She handed me the bag and said "6000 won please."

I gave her a 10 000 bill and told her to keep the change. There's no time to wait for change. I need to get home ASAP!

 

I arrived home to see her still clutching her stomach. I wish there was a way to help her relieve that pain, I sighed.

“Hey, you need to eat something,” I shook her lightly.

“I’m not hungry,” she replied simply.

“You haven’t eaten anything all day. I bought porridge. Please?” I said softly. She sighed and used her arms to help her sit up. I grabbed both of her arms to give her extra support, just in case.

I opened the take away box and became teary from the amount of steam coming out of it. I placed the lid on the bedside table as I took a seat next to her on the edge of the bed.

I scooped out a spoonful of porridge, with the plastic spoon provided, and began blowing on it to cool it down.

“Ah,” I said. She looked at me like I was some weirdo before opening reluctantly.

 

She had finished half of the porridge and began complaining about how full she was.

“Just one more?” I grinned.

“That’s what you said last time,” she pouted. At least it looks like she’s getting better. Hopefully the pain relievers are beginning to kick in. I can’t stand her looking so frail.

“Please?” I pouted back and held the spoon out to her. She frowned at me but ate it anyway.

“No more!” I smiled and put the lid back on the container.

“Come here,” I insisted. I wiped the porridge residue on the sides of her lips with the tissue in my hands as she leaned in. “So do you feel energized again?” I chuckled.

She nodded and smiled in reply. “Did you just go buy the porridge?” she asked as she leaned against the backboard of the bed.

“Yeah. Why? What’s wrong?” I raised my eyebrow at her. She suddenly pulled me into a hug.

‘Thanks for everything,” she whispered.

I slowly wrapped my arms around her as well. “I’m supposed to look after you, aren’t I?”

 

“You should rest,” I advised as I pulled away from the hug.

She nodded and went back to lying on the bed. 

"So does your stomach still hurt?" I asked. Now how do I massage her stomach without making everything awkward? 

She nodded in response. Aish, just act natural Jong In.

"Hey pull up your shirt," I blurted.

"What?" she frowned. Real smooth, Jong In. Real smooth.

"What I meant was I'll help you relieve the pain so just trust me," I explained. She was reluctant and gripped onto her shirt tightly. "Aish, I won't do anything to you," I assured and removed her hands. I pulled up her shirt, just enough to reveal her stomach. I began massaging her stomach in a circular motion.

“That feels good,” she smiled with her eyes closed. I stared down onto her pale face and my heart rate unexpectedly started to beat faster. I don’t know what it was, maybe it was her pink, plump lips or her long perfectly curled eyelashes or her thin, well-shaped eyebrows, well whatever it was it’s exceptionally alluring and it had definitely caught my attention.

“Tae Hee?” I whispered. There was no response - she must have fallen asleep. I pushed her hair to the back so that they wouldn’t be all over her face. My fingers slowly traced parts of her face. I bent down to give her a peck on the forehead before getting up to go clean up.

 

As I got up to leave, a hand had caught a grip on my arm. I turned my head to the side to see Tae Hee, still asleep, with both hands grabbing onto my arm.

“Please don’t leave,” she whispered. Stupid girl. I’m not going anywhere – I’ll be right by next to you. “Don’t leave,” she whispered again.

I sighed. I guess I’ll have to sleep in these jeans tonight. “I’m not going anywhere,” I whispered back as I climbed into bed next to her.

 

I pulled the blanket over her so she wouldn’t get cold. She unexpectedly crept over to my side of the bed and wrapped her arms around my waist whilst her head was rested on my arm. Is it weird that I didn’t want to push her away? For once, I didn’t push her away but instead pulled her closer so that her head was resting on my chest. She shuffled closer to me and hugged my waist tighter. I wrapped my arm over her petite body and she didn’t squirm or anything – not like she used to. Could it be that we’ve developed feelings for each other without even knowing it? Why do I feel guilt everytime I leave her at home alone? Why is it that I can’t stand her in anyone else’s arms but my own? I couldn’t have fallen for her, right? But then again these feelings I’m getting everytime I see Tae Hee are like the feelings I felt for Hae Ri two years ago and back then I was in love with Hae Ri.

 

That’s when it finally hit me. How could I be so blind? Hae Ri isn’t the person I love, I only pity her and everything she’s been through. I don’t see her as a lover anymore – she’s more like a sister or a friend and nothing more whereas Tae Hee, she makes my mind spin around in circles. She’s someone who puts up with me even when I’m the worst mood; she’s someone who will be there when I need her even though I’ve hurt her a hundred times. I’ve been so confused about my feelings that I couldn’t tell what love was. But now I’m sure. I’m sure that I love Tae Hee and no one else.

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wow another update this week! You guys are lucky xD Well I wanted to post this chapter before I go back to school, which is in 2 days, so that you guys didn't have to wait so long for your fluff ;) keke who's flipping tables because of a sweet kai? or is it just me? I cringed at how cute he was being (I will forever love the cold kai! haha) So did you like the fluff after 2894743543 chapters? haha
 
And I was reading your comments and a lot of you guys said she was either pregnant or was having a miscarriage...but she didn't even sleep with anyone! and she didn't get by that guy at the club, she was about to but then kai came to the rescue xD And well i only exaggerated the puddle of blood so that it would be a bit more suspenseful! haha ~ 
 
Anyway like I said school's starting in 2 days which means I'll have to go back to updating once a week :( stupid school...I hate it! Can't wait to get out! And if you guys are super duper lucky I MIGHT update tomorrow but there's a highly likely chance that I won't update because I plan to catch up on my extension maths homework and read 6 chapters of a REALLY, REALLY boring book we have to read for english and we were meant to finish it over the school holidays (I still have 18 chapters! lol) but we all know how much I hate english -.- 
 
so until my next update...take care everyone <3
 
thanks for reading <3
 
hottest-shawol xx