CHAPTER 27: THE MAN WITH THE BROKEN HEART

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 27: THE MAN WITH THE BROKEN HEART

 

                Sho Sakurai was freeze when he heard the things that came out from Maki’s mouth. He tried to digest it very well in his mind, but somehow, he never got it.          Unknowingly, his grips on Maki chan started to loose. His eyes never left her as if he was trying to find the answer on her face. Or maybe to find the honesty behind it. Maybe, the woman was just pulling prank on him, as she always did between two of them, joking and then laughing. But, what he got was something else. The honest reaction. Her eyes reflected all the truth on what she said. And it scared him on that honesty.

 

“Sho…I’m pregnant.” Maki repeated the words once again. It seemed the man was too shock to believe about it. Sho Sakurai was trying to speak, but somehow, he could not utter it out. His breath short and uneven. Now, he loosed the embrace and stared at Maki.

 

“What do you mean by pregnant Maki? I thought the two of us never….umm…never…” Sho eyed Maki suspiciously. His words stopped and he tried to think hard.  Indeed, he agreed that he went out with her, dated her, kissed her, but they never hit the bedroom. Not yet. He felt that, they might go to that stage till their relationship become stable enough.

                Maki felt panic started to rise on her head. This what she afraid most. Looking at the expression that was on Sho’s face made her thought really hard. Even though her mother already advised her for not being panic, but still, the feeling still come. Now, even guilty started to crawl back in her heart. Inhaling the air, Maki tried to calm herself. This should be done or else…. Maki whispered herself.

“Sho…would you please listen to me?” Maki asked the man, who was not looking at her intently. Sho just stared at her. Now, he hold her hands.

“What do you want to tell me? That you had been joking about the pregnancy thing? Seriously Maki that is the biggest joke that I ever heard.” He claimed while trying to smile to the woman in front of her. His hands gripped on her hands, squeezing it for a while. Maki could feel the cold on his hand, maybe due to the nervous that he felt.

“I’m not joking with you Sho-kun, no…and this is not joke,” Maki said as she stared at the young man. Now, she took his hand and held both with her hands.

“I’m pregnant Sho…and it is 4 months right now, nearly five.” Sho’s eyes widened and immediately his eyes shifted to her tummy.

“But…you looked normal…” his voice was soft but audible enough for Maki to hear. He just shook his head slowly denying what she said. Loosing his hands from her hands, she took off her coat and started to reveal the baby bump that she hid it very well. Sho’s eyes became rounder as his mouth formed an ‘o’. He could see it now, really well, the small bump on her tummy. Maki it for a while.

“Sorry Sho…I should not hide you about this, about the baby. But….”

“Is that the main reason you had been hiding from me Maki?” Sho asked him immediately, cutting of her words before she could finish it. Maki sighed softly before nodded. The man needed to know about it.

“I could not let people know about my pregnancy Sho…” she added. Then her eyes locked with him.

“Not when…..”

“Who is the father Maki…?” Sho cut off her before she could finish her explanation. Maki gulped and swallowed whatever things inside . The man sure knew how to dig everything well. Closing her eyes, she tried to organize her thought before she managed to tell him.Does she need to tell him about that person?

“Maki…I asked you about the father!!” This time his words are were sharp. With a glaring look, he looked very intimidating to her. Her nervous rose in short time. Maki bit her lips, thinking really hard on his questions.  Sho Sakurai was really angry to her. It reflected in his eyes, posture and also

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter