CHAPTER 36: THE BICKERING COUPLE

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

               

“Ikuta san!!!” Meisa never stopped calling him since Maki’s apartment. But, the man never stopped his pace and it became even faster. She had to run after him since she promised with Maki to persuade him on not telling the father. And how irony it is when she did not know who was the father, but she was helping Maki on making Toma not telling him. Great!!! Opposite on what she wanted to for a long time. Now, the man in front of her, never stopped walking and ignoring her as much as he can.

 

“Ikuta san!!! Please stop!!! We need to talk!!” Meisa called again.

 

Toma tried to walk faster and ignored her. In his mind, there was only one thing that he needed to do. To tell his best friend that Maki was pregnant.  That baka!!! How could he run from the responsibility. Didn’t he know that Maki is pregnant. And...and...he..how could he...how could he sleep with her without marrying her. I’m going to kill that stupid!!! Toma mumbled alone as he quickened his pace. He glanced at his watch and looked back. Basically, he knew where to find that man at this time.

 

“Ikuta Toma san!! I said stop!!” Meisa’s voice rang through the night. But still, the man did not stop. Furious clouded her brain.That jerk!! How could he!!!I Instantly, Meisa stopped her pace and took of her shoe.

 

“ I said STOP!!!” She shouted loudly and throw her shoe straight and it hit on Toma’s head sharp.

 

“Itai!!!” His feet stopped immediately. Unable to take the pain, Toma stumbled on the road, causing more pain. Meisa smiled widely seeing it. She ran and went to Toma. While putting on her shoes back, she gave him an innocent smile.

 

“Baka!!! Why are you throwing the shoe to my head!!!” Toma scowled at Meisa who knelt in front of him. He rubbed on his head and felt swollen started to form on his head. The woman just smirked and ignored his scowling.

 

“Baka! I called you many times, but you did not stop walking. That’s why I throw it, trying my luck to make you stop.” She said as she eyed him closely. Toma just mumbled softly, cursing the woman under his breath. He did not know that the woman was starting to touch his head softly.

 

“Is it still hurt?” Meisa touched the place where she hit him just now. Frankly, she did not mean to throw it at his head. By furious took over her and she could not help throwing her temper. Toma froze when he felt his head was touched by Meisa. Through his eyes, he could see the concern in her eyes as she the bump where she throw the shoe just now. Blush started to crawl on the tip of his ears.

 

“Ahh....it started to become swollen. I should not throw it hard on you.” Meisa said softly. Her gaze locked with his hair where her fingers started to rub on it gently. Then started to mutter again.

 

“You are so stubborn, why you did not stop when I called you. Is it that important to tell the man about Maki being pregnant? You have all the time in the world.” Meisa the bump on the head. Noticing that the man did not reply on her questions, instantly she shifted her gaze towards the man. Her hands that moved softly on his head stopped. Meisa gulped nervously as her eyes locked with Toma who kept staring at her.

 

“Ack!”She pulled her hand from Toma’s head and her eyes looked at somewhere else. Her face flustered as she felt embarrassment rose within her. Her heart beat faster than usual. In that moment, awkwardness lingered between the two of them.

 

“Anyhow, you cannot tell him!!!” Meisa words broke the silence between the two of them, trying to kill the awkwardness atmosphere. Toma rubbed on his head for a while before he looked at the long hair woman who was looking at him. The deep red blush still plastered on her face and it tickled his man’s heart. Instantly, Toma stood up and brushed some of the sands on his trousers.

 

“He needed to know about it.” Toma answered shortly. His feet started to move but Meisa grabbed his hand making Toma turned and looked at the woman.

 

“No! You can’t tell him Ikuta san!!”Meisa shook her head. Toma sighed softly.

 

“Ne...Meisa, I thought you wanted to know about the father of the baby?” Toma asked her and she stared at him. She bit her lips, as the curiosity on the hidden man crawled back within her heart.

 

“You don’t know him yet, right? The father of Maki’s baby?” Toma asked her again. Meisa huffed her breath softly and she looked down. Now, inside her heart, part of herself wanted to know about the man while another part was thinking on her promise on Maki. Toma smiled widely as he knew that woman was feeling like what he thought.

 

“This is an opportunity for you to meet him, don’t you think?” Toma planted the idea in Meisa’s head on the father’s baby. Meisa rolled her eyes for a while, folding her arms and bit her lips. Then Meisa glared back at Toma who was smiling cheekily at her.

 

“You are trying to distract me from bringing back to Maki right? Trying to waver my heart from persuading you from telling the father right? Nope!! I’m not going to fall for it? You think I’m stupid?” Meisa shot him back with her words. She grabbed his hand and started to pull him.

 

“Come!!I think you need to think for a long time before decided to tell the man about Maki.” But, Toma did not budge from his place and let Meisa pulled him harder. Toma was just staring at the woman who kept pulling him. Suddenly, he yanked Meisa back toward him. Accidently, she stumbled on her feet and nearly fall. Toma managed to get her before she fall on the hard road. Meisa groaned softly as the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter