CHAPTER 64: THE THINGS THAT THEY NEVER KNEW

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 64: THE THINGS THAT THEY NEVER KNEW

 

                From a far, Toma and Meisa just looked at the couple with smiles on their face. Their laughs could be heard from far and his best friend, Yamapi, looked extremely happy with what happened between two of them. Finally....they are together again. Yamapi and Maki are together once again....just like how they used to...always to....forever to.

 

“So much worries for nothing......” Toma heaved a deep sigh while looking at the two couple. Meisa just nodded while looking at them lazily. The two of them rushed to Tokyo after they realised that they misunderstood on everything. Including Maki’s intention  going to the Tokyo for her works in Public Registration. Not for marriage.....but for something else. Due to that, they rushed to Tokyo immediately wishing that they could save everything for their friends. Telling him about the stupid misunderstanding on non existence marriage. But, it seemed their fate is much stronger even without their helps.

 

Toma sighed deeply while fixing on his gaze toward the couple. Somehow, jealousy invaded within his heart. Then, his eyes averted to the woman who stood next to him. A smile started to tug on his lips, remembering something. Something that he forget to do. Noticing the long hair woman absorbed seeing Maki and Yamapi at the park, made his hands started to reach her waist and pulled within his arms.

 

“Wh...What...?” Meisa asked nervously when she found out the man’s gaze on her.  Toma smiled widely and pulled her closer.

 

“I forgot something.....” Toma whispered softly and Meisa could feel his breath feathered on her forehead. Somehow, the nervous started to lessen with the man’s warmth over her body.

 

“What are the things that you forget?” Meisa raised her eyebrows while lifted her head upon the tall man. Her quizzical looked amused him. Breathing her scent deeply, Toma sighed softly. He stared at her for a long time before kissed on . Before Meisa could retort back, the man pulled and touched his forehead with hers.

 

“I forgot to say........ that I love you.” Toma confessed to the long hair woman. Meisa blinked her eyes for a few times, as if she did not believe it.

 

“D...don’t joke with it!!! It...It is not even funny!!” Embarrassed with the man’s sudden words, made Meisa nearly hit Toma’s chest with her hands. But, Toma managed to catch it and intertwined their fingers together.

 

“I said....I love you, Meisa. Really love you.....And I’m serious about It.” he confessed to her, while pulling her within his embrace.

 

 Scarlet red started to crawl on her cheeks hearing the man’s sudden confession. Meisa struggled to get out from the man’s embrace. Her hands kept rubbing her cheeks after she managed to get out from the man’s tight embrace. It felt stiflingly hot.....her cheeks felt stiflingly hot. She muttered softly.

 

“You love me too......aren’t you?” Toma while smiling widely. Meisa startled and gasped while looking at the man.

 

“What? I....I...... ” Meisa lost of her own words. Seeing the man cheesy smiles made her melt immediately. She could not say anything upon it, unable to say anything. Inside her, her own heart really wanted to jump out from her chest. Her eyes looked everywhere.....everywhere except on Toma’s face.

 

Toma chuckled softly seeing her reactions. Even, her cheeks became even redder, and all of it because of him. Instantly, Toma grabbed her hands and pulled her again. But this time, rather than stressing on what he said, he planted a very long and passionate kiss on hers. To show her his true feelings.....honest feelings that he felt about her. He did not care anymore whether people noticed them, taking their pictures and put on the magazine. What he knew is that he is too much in love with the woman. Totally in love with her........

 

*************************************************************************************

 

                Standing at the rooftop, Sho looked at the view with his lazy eyes. Both of his hands were inside his pocket and he could not help sighed deeply. Inside him, he felt extremely calm and peace. His eyes darted the view of Tokyo city, but his mind wandered somewhere else. Wandered on the memory that happened four days ago. At that moment, he could still feel the woman’s presence......could still hear.....the woman’s words. The words that made his heart broke.

 

“Ne.....Sho kun,” she called his name when they walked together in a park. She decided to have a walk that morning after the bad incident between three of them.

 

“Yes...Maki chan,” he replied lazily. The woman stopped her pace, and started to take his hand. Both of his hands. Sho startled with the woman’s sudden action. Puzzle was clear on his face and the look that Maki had made him extremely nervous. Totally nervous.

 

                Maki inhaled softly while still fixed her soft gaze on the man in front of her. It came to this.....everything.....It was a long journey between two of them, but she had to end it. End it nicely....before a new phase of her life will start in a short time. Last night, she had thought about it....for a long time. How difficult for her to decide....but still, her heart already set. Same to her mind....

 

“What is the thing you want to say, Maki chan?” Sho asked her nervously. His hands started to turn cold and he could feel nervous hitting every part of him. The woman in front of her gave him a really wonderful smile. That time....his heart stopped beating, and his conscience told him everything.....everything that he will lose her at that moment. Lose her forever......

 

“Sho kun....all these times, you have been a great friend to me.....a great lover for me. With you, I could feel happiness and seriously, my world have been filled with colourful colours which it enlightened my life all these times,” Maki confessed truthfully, while tugging the man’s hands within hers.

 

Sho remained speechless, while his dark orbs looked at the beautiful woman loyally. He knew, the woman were preparing her words to say to him, to let him be ready with whatever things that going to come later. And he really did not like it.

 

“But...I think...it is time for us to end it here. To stop till here.....” Maki said softly while locking her gaze with Sho. At that moment, his jaw turned a very tight taut.

 

“W...what? Why? Am I am not being good enough to you, Maki chan? Am I? I...I can change. I can change myself.....”  Sho tried his best to persuade the woman but what he got was different. Maki shook her head slowly while biting her lips.

 

“No...no...It is not you, Sho kun. It is not you.....Don’t do that. Please don’t. It is not because of you.” Maki breathed deeply while arranging more words inside her mind.

 

“Then, is it because of Yamapi? Is it because of him....?” His question shot from his mouth. But, the woman just shook her head and smiled bitterly.

 

“No...It is not because of him.....Not him.” That time,he knew the woman lied to him. Maybe just because she did not wanted him to feel hurt upon the reality. But, he was not that stupid, and he swore that he saw all the sadness within the woman’s eyes. Does she love Yamapi that much? The fact hurt his heart and made him nearly cried within himself.

 

“Then...why? Why you want to stop? I said already that I did not mind already....that I did not mind to love you, and also the baby,” Maki’s hand started to reach Sho’s face and stopped him saying the words

 

“No....don’t say that Sho. I know you are good to me. But...for me, you are too good for me. Too good for me and I cannot let you accept all of those......which you did not deserve it. Sho kun....you deserve someone better, someone that will love you back, willing to give her to you....and returns your loves. And it is not me...Sho kun. It is not me.....” Sho froze with Maki’s words, hurting by the pregnant woman words. Then, Maki continued her talks.

 

“For me....I think it is better I carry this one alone. Last few months made me realised, how wonderful life is....and I don’t want you to destroy your own life, just because you felt responsible upon it, and upon me. I don’t want me to become the main reason that will make your life miserable....that takes you happiness away. What I want is for you to find happiness......and not like this, like being taking someone else burden, No!”

 

“But....but....you...”

 

“Ne... Sho kun, don’t worry about me. I can handle my own life.....can handle the baby too. Don’t worry about it. Last 8 months teach me a lot about life, and I think I can handle it. You don’t have to worry about it, just.....worry yours....focus on your life, Sho kun. Just that.....”

 

                Gritted his teeth, Sho stopped the memories at once, remembering the woman’s words. That marrying her was not his best choice, not his happiness. Really? How does she know about it? She is not even me! Sho mumbled softly, denying the woman’s statement. But, deep inside his heart, some part of him, agreeing on the pregnant woman’s words. About his being responsibility on someone else’s mistakes, killing his own happiness, just to create happiness for others. Happiness of other’s people suffered. Then, another memory came with the sudden notion.

 

                Sho could still not accept the fact that Maki asked him to keep continue his life without her, not sharing her life together with him. Just because he was angry to himself....angry to Maki’s decision....angry on knowing that the woman still loves his junior despite she kept denied about it, he met Yamapi personally. Met him on the purpose getting the man angry, and wished within him that Yamapi would forget about Maki and his baby, became a bad person and did not hold his responsible upon her.

 

 Yes....he is the bad guy....the culprit....to destroy their relationship, just because he did not like it. And he was succeed on doing those...on making Yamapi believe everything what he said, about Maki’s acceptance on his proposal....and on letting Maki’s baby became his. Succeed enough till he saw himself....the condition of the man once. Seeing with his own ears....hearing everything about it.

 

That night, Jun asked him to join him to a very famous club in Tokyo. Usually, the man would go there alone, but as if the man noticed his own sadness, his own grief, he dragged him along too. That time, he never realised that he would encounter Toma Ikuta at the club. It just....the man did not notice him when he passed him at the club. Curious with what the man’s up too, he followed and found out that he met Ryo. And also Yamapi. At first, he swore to the god, that he did not want to go and peeked what they did, but Jun dragged him anyway.

 

“I said already I don’t want to go....” But as he noticed Jun’s glare toward him made him startled. Sho knew, once Jun snapped, he would not listen to anyone. Suddenly....Toma’s voice could be heard from the room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter