CHAPTER 20: THE UNEXPECTED VISITORS

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Why are you doing this?” asked the man while dragging her out the place. He eyed her face, trying to find the answer from her. Lifting her chin up, she shot him with a glaring look.

 

“Don’t meddle in my personal business!!” she snapped at him as she yanked her hands. The man was just sighing and diverted his gaze at other place. Hurt could be seen from his face.

 

Maki gulped and trembled as she saw it. She knew that the man felt hurt with her words. Suddenly, sadness came over her. Why she had to see him today, when she was not in good condition and situation. When she felt lost.  Why among all people, it must be him. Stop thinking! The two of you broke up already! Long time before!  Maki turned around to get away from the man. She need to before she cried herself in front of him. Before she throw herself on him. As she wanted get out from there, her head suddenly felt very dizzy. Before she could even stagger and stumbled on her feet, the man was already holding her.

 

“That’s why I told you to stop doing this. You don’t even drink alcohol.” Said him as he held her. Maki felt as a gust of wind punched on her stomach when the man held her close. The old feeling being closed to him was coming over her. Instantly, she pushed the man.

 

“Don’t touch me!!!” she said while pushing him. To support herself, she leant against the wall behind her. Her hair fall half of her face. She had to do that, so that the man would not see her weaknesses. Roughly the man raked his hair. Slowly, he looked back at Maki. Inhale softly, he gained courage and took her hand.

 

“Come....I’ll send you back...” this time his voice was gentle and soft. Maki just shook her head violently, showing how much she did not want to do it. Holding her tears, she took his hand off from her.

 

“Go! I don’t need you!!” she shouted, loud enough for him to hear.

 

“But...”He hesitated for a while.

 

“Go!! I said go!!! Maki pushed him even further than her.  His jaw tightened and he clasped his hand tightly.

 

“Fine!! I will go!! Baka!” Then he went away, leaving her just like that. Her eyes followed the man until he disappeared between the doors that lead to the club. Immediately, her feet feel week, her tears that she had been holding slipping down her cheeks, and her hands closed her quivering lips. Slowly, she slumped on the floor, unable to support herself.  Isn’t that what she want, getting off from the man. But somehow, the sadness and grief within her still stuck and unable to get out.

 

                Maki immediately woke up from the dream that she had. Touching her face, she discovered that her tears were already streaming down her face. She wiped it and sighed softly. Why on earth she had to dream about that night? Lying back, her hands embraced the pillow that was next to her. Squirming and rolling on the bed for a few minutes, Maki’s eyes were still wide open. The dream that she had just now was still hunting her. At once, she woke up, took a jacket and wore it. Maybe she needed to have a walk after all.

*************************************************************************************

                Sho Sakurai was wearing a shirt when his phone received the message. Ignoring it for a while, he buttoned up and combed his hair. He looked at himself in the mirror. Touching his cheek, he could feel the bone on it. Recently, he had been losing his weight due to heavy workload and searching Maki. Glancing at the picture on the bedside table, he smiled a bit. The picture of the two of them together when they went for a short holiday was the only he kept, as a memory between two of them. He took the picture and brushed it softly. Sighing softly, he felt that how much he missed her since she left without saying anything to him. Putting back, Sho looked back himself at the mirror before he walked out of the room

 

“Ahh....the phone!!” he whined when he already at the stair. Turning back, he entered his room once more. Opening it, he looked at the email that he got. His eyes caught the name of the reader. Hara san. Immediately he read the email

Sakurai san, Marina had come back two days ago. If you want to see her again, please come. Before she leave again.

 “She comes back...” mumbled Sho softly. Instantly, he shoved his phone inside pocket and run out from the room. Finally, after a long two mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter