CHAPTER 21: THE MAN WHO KEEP WAITING FOR HER

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Weird....why Marina has not come home yet?” Mrs. Hara spoke as she looked outside of the window. Her husband was sitting on the cushion and had a cup of tea, reading newspaper. Slowly, he diverted his gaze towards his wife and looked outside of the window. He sighed deeply as he looked at the clock on the wall.

“Maybe, I should find her right, darling,” said Mrs. Hara again and started to stand up.

“Sit.” Commanded her husband.

“But, Marina is outside and the weather is...” she spoke again while clasping her hands. Worried was all over her face.

“Don’t worry....I think she met someone out there...” Mr. Hara said blandly while looking back at the newspaper. Her wife raised her eyebrow and stared at her husband.

“You mean Sakurai san, darling?” asked her wife again. This time her eyes rounded bigger and it stared at Mr. Hara intently.  Hearing Sakurai Sho’s name, he smiled a bit. He knew too well that the man would not come this early since he just texted him about Maki’s come back.

“No....I don’t think it’s not him.” This made Mrs. Hara rolled her eyes for a while and think something.

“If it is not him, then who?” Mr. Hara stared at the newspaper, trying to ignore the questions that his wife had been nailed to him. He knew who the man that Maki would meet today was. Especially today.

 

                Since Maki’s disappearance from entertainment industry, a lot of people came to see their family. Including their far relatives. Though they came just to know the real story, but it seemed, they just wanted to meddle in their personal problems and leaked them to the media. That was why Marina called him and told him to not worry about her. She knew that many people were going to give a little visit in digging out the news from him about Horikita Maki. That’s why she never came home after that.

 

                Truly, he did feel that way too. Same with her daughter. He felt that people just wanted to take for granted from her disappearance. Except for a few person such as Sakura Sho. And also that man. He still remembered on the day Sakurai Sho stood in front of his house, walking pacing back and forth, he met another man that asked about her daughter. The man came earlier than Sakurai and had been waiting for him for a long time at the playground. He knew that man so well since Marina used to bring him when they were couple few years back. On that day, he wore all black, including his beanie and muffler that was hanging around his neck so that people would not recognise him

 

“ Hara san...” The man greeted him when he just came back from work.

“Yamaa Tomohisa san...” Yamapi bow to him and smiled a bit. Though people around his neighbourhood did not recognise him when he wore like that, but he would. Just like her daughter said, he has a pair of eyes, when you looked at it, it will absorb you in its depth. That’s why he could recognise it very well.

                Yamaa Tomohisa also asked the same questions about Marina and he answered just like what he told to Sakurai. But one thing that he remembered, about him asking one question about Marina.

“Did she tell you anything......” asked Yamapi nervously.

“Tell about what?” Yamapi exhaled deeply before continued.

“About....” then he stopped and stared at Mr. Hara intently. Clearing his throat, he continued.

“Never mind Hara san, this should be done between me and Marina only. I shouldn’t let my problem became yours since it was my fault anyway.” He said while smiling bitterly.

                After he left that day, he came again on Tuesday. But this time, he did not come to see him, but he was just sitting on the bench at the playground near to his house. He discovered it when he went to temple.

“Yamaa san....have you been waiting for me?” The man just shook his head denying that he had been waiting for him. Shyly, he confessed that he was waiting for his daughter.

“But Marina would not come back...”

“I know…… it just I…I need to see her.  It’s oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter