CHAPTER 22: THE MEETING

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Two people were sitting on the bench at the playground. Despite the fact that they had been sitting for almost 15 minutes, but there was still silence filled between the two of them. Maki was just looking at the swing in front of her, though her mind was wandering to somewhere else. Why did he come here?  The question kept playing inside her head. This was not what she wanted to happen. Slowly, she pulled her jacket and closed it with her hands. She was not doing that because she was cold, but to feel security within herself. Every time she was around Tomo, she would lose herself easily even though the two of them separated almost four years. The thought scared her so much. 

 

Suddenly, the sound of plastic took her attention from the thought. Instantly, she averted her gaze toward the man who sat next to her. The man was taking out some onigiri and opened it. A smile tugged at her lips. Onigiri. Mumble Maki within her heart. Of course, she knew him too well although four years were already passed when the two of them broke up. Knowing someone looked at him, he shifted his gaze toward to woman who sat next to her. The woman that he used to love before.

 

“Do you want some?”

Maki shook her head at once, showing how much she did not need it. But somehow, something within her denied on it. Her stomach was grumbling and it was loud enough for the man who sat next to her to chuckle when heard it. Deep red blushes painted on her cheeks showing how much mortify she felt when he caught her being hungry. What to do! She did not have any breakfast. Plus, walking early in the morning took a lot of her energy and made her and the baby became hungry.

 

“Here…take it,” Yamapi offered to her an onigiri.

 

 At first, Maki was reluctant to take from him. Pride was all over her heart. But, when her stomach grumbles again, she took it. A soft voice said arigatou came from . Then, Yamapi took a can of drinks and put it next to her. He dug another onigiri from the plastic and opened it and started to eat. Maki was just looking at the man and turned her gaze toward the onigiri that was on her hand. It was herfavourite food. Did he…Maki just shook her head. How come she could think that the man still loved her just because of her favourite food. Nonsense.

 

“Aren’t you eating?” Yamapi asked her when he noticed that Maki was just staring at the onigiri. Maki looked at the man who asked the questions. He wore a beanie, a pair of glasses and a black jacket.  Multiple questions played within her head when she saw the man.

 

“Why did you come, Yamaa-san?” replied Maki. She asked him a question rather than answered him back. The man cleared his throat upon hearing the questions from the woman who sat next to her.

 

Why did he come? He also asked the same questions to himself too. Every Tuesday, since Maki’s went on hiatus, he was there, waiting for her. Even though he can give answer to Maki’s father that he waited there because he wanted to see her. But now, when she stood in front of him, he felt lost and he did not know what he would like to say to her. Thousand words that he planned since two months ago that he wanted to say to her had been slipping away since his eyes were put on her 15 minutes ago. What to do! He could not stop looking at her and admired her beautiful and glowing look that she had made him felt like he wanted to hug her immediately after seeing her. Thank god, he managed to control his behavior and just stared at her like this.

 

“Yamaa san…” Yamapi snapped to the reality hearing his name for the second time. He could not help but to scoff when he heard the word.

“You sure know how to make someone hurt right, Marina” Yamapi said as he glanced at her back. Maki was just stared at him on the eyes and noticed how her words hurt the man so much and all just because of the formality that she called on him.

“It was not like the two of us have something special anymore …” She muttered softly. Her eyes was looking back at the untouched onigiri that he gave it to her. Yamapi remained silence when he heard those words.

“How have you been these past few months?” Yamapi asked her. Maki stared at the view in front of her when she heard the questions.

“Fine…how about you?” Yamapi just nodded when he heard her answer. Somehow, it made his heart put at ease.

“It was hectic you know…” he added while looking at her. This time, he was sitting comfortably on the bench, while leaning his head on his hand. Maki glanced at him and instantly turned back her gaze toward the view in front of her. The way Yamapi sat like that made her felt extremely uncomfortable.

“For whom?” she asked while clasping her hands so that the man who sat next to her did not realize how nervous she felt when the man was around.

“For everyone…” Yamapi said shortly. His gaze shifted toward the view. Maki was just looking back at him. Is it for you too? Her heart whispered. Maki smiled when thinking about this. How silly she is when she thought about it. It is impossible right?

“Why did you that?”

“Do what?”

“Leaving the entertainment business…” Yamapi turned his gaze and stared the owner of the brown eyes. Maki blinked a few times and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter