CHAPTER 57: THE SECOND PROPOSAL

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 57: THE SECOND PROPOSAL

 

“Hi Marina,” Yamapi sang her name softly her name. Maki blinked her eyes, disbelief on what she saw in front of her. Somehow, she felt like a dream. The man’s eyes locked with her brown ones and he never leave it. Then, she noticed something, the man’s eyes started to wander on her body at different place. Or exactly on her belly that was getting bigger from each day. She could see his jaw tightened and how his eyes twitched a little bit. Oh god....

 

Unknowingly, the man strong arm opened the door revealing her fully under his gaze. This time, he got a full view of her.

 

“What....what are you doing here, Tomo?” Only that question managed to come out from despite her mind thinking of something else. But, what she got was a deep look from him with silence filled between two of them. At that moment, she suddenly felt extremely scared.....scared facing the father of her baby. Maki felt like she wanted to run from him. Oh, how she wished that the man was not there or the floor beneath her swallowed her deep into the earth.

 

“You asked me what am I doing here, Marina?” Somehow, his words were full of anger. Yamap groaned and looked at somewhere else and the way he looked right now intimidated her. Then, his gaze fixed on her and how cold the eyes could as it made her body shivered immediately.

 

“Why you hid all of these from me, Marina! Why?” Maki felt much horror with the man’s question and her eyes rolled everywhere except on him. She knew what the man meant by that.

 

“Tomo...I.....”

 

“Why you hide the baby from me, Marina? ” This time his voice sounded like he pleaded on her. Somehow, it scared for her to tell him. Unknowingly, her feet started to move back, trying to run from the man. She could not face him like this, she can’t. But, the man’s hand grabbed hers at once and hold her at her place.

 

“Where are you going Marina? Are you trying to run away from me again?” Maki strucked and unable to move her feet. The man’s grips became even stronger on hers. Yamapi exhaled softly, before moving closer to her.

 

“I’m asking you Marina, why you did not tell me about the baby? About you being pregnant? Are you planning this on purpose? Not telling me all of this?” This time his voice softened as he started to loose his hold on her.

 

“I thought......I thought it is the best decision to not telling you about the baby, Tomo....” his anger snapped immediately hearing her reasons. But, thank god, his senses managed to get hold of him before he burst in front of him.

 

“Gosh! Marina! For me it....”

 

“It is the best for both of you!” she cut his words defending on her point. her lips slowly, she talked back.

 

“When I conceived the baby, you already in love with someone else, and ......and.....you...her....” she stopped her words, lost at what she wanted to say. Then, she continued her words, saying whatever things within her minds.

 

“So! I think it is the best to leave you with someone that you love. Plus, I can handle the baby alone!”

 

“Cut it out, Marina!!!! Don’t give me such stupid reasons!!!!” he snarled at her, unable to control his anger anymore.

 

“Tomo! It.....

 

“Do you think  I don’t know anything what you had said!!! About your thought that I’m in love with Keiko and wanted to get marry with her!!!”Each word that the man said gave her electric shock to her and it tugged her heart like a storm.

 

“Isn’t that true?” He pinned her with a look. She stared at the man

 

“Then, if you know about it already.....why.....why you asked me the stupid question, Tomo!”

 

“Because all of it were not true!!” Maki stunned and just stared at the man. Yamapi raked his hair while grunted under his breath.

 

“You misunderstood everything, Marina!”

 

“I’m not!!!”

 

“Yes! You are! You misunderstood everything! Between me and Keiko is nothing!” Maki silenced hearing the man’s explaination. Her face was blank as if she did not get what the man tried to say.

 

“Indeed, the two of us are closed but we were never lovers!” His stressed on everything that he said, so that it would give the woman in front of him much senses that before. Maki blinked her eyes for a few times, thinking about what the man said. After for a while....

 

“But.....but.....you are going to get married with her....and...” her voice cracked as she said it, as emotional started to fill in within herself. No.....she is not misunderstanding everything. Tomo did not love her.....he loves someone else, wanted to get marry with someone else.

 

“I’m not getting married with someone else!!! No!!! Where the hell did you get the news ?” Like being bathed by a bucket of ice, she froze immediately hearing the man’s words. No way....she could not be mistaken. Not when she saw it with her own eyes.

 

 

                That day, Maki took a taxi, going to Yamapi’s apartment. After being told by the doctor that she was pregnant, she did not know what to do with herself. What she knew was she need to see the man and pouring all the truth about her unwanted pregnancy. Looking around his apartment area, she felt grateful that none of the reporters were around his apartment. Once she was in the elevator, she felt secured but somehow something bothering her: especially about how to tell the man on her pregnancy. Her knuckles turned to white as she tightened her hands tightly when she thought about method to tell the man.

 

                Once she reached his floor, she started to hesitate and remained standing in the elevator alone. Her heart never stopped beating hard and the cold of night could be feel till her bone. After a long time, she inhaled deeply, trying to regain calmnese and confidence in order to tell the man. Slowly, she stepped out of the lift and walked toward Yamapi’s apartment. Staring at the door for a long time, her fingers reached the doorbell and pressed on it. One time. No answer came out from the house. Her heart skipped faster than before. Then, again, she wanted to press it once again. But, a voice answered before she could do it.

 

“Who is it?” A woman’s voice answered the door snapping Maki’s into reality. Panic strike on her and how she felt extremely shocked upon it. Instantly, she moved away from the door, hiding at the dark corner of the apartment’s hallway. The sound of unlocking door echo the entire hallway, and within  a second, the closed door revealed a long hair woman at Yamapi’s front door. Maki gasped softly looking at the woman, recognising her too well. Unknowingly, she bit her lips suppressing the painful emotion within her. Inside, she was fighting with the need to see Yamapi herself, but not expecting that the man was bringing a woman home.

 

                Then, suddenly, something caught her eyes. Keiko was holding a box which was looking like box of ring. This time, her heart stopped. Though she was quite far from the woman, but she could see it very well what the woman hold. When she opened the box, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter