CHAPTER 40: THE NIGHT TO BE REMEMBERED

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 40: THE NIGHT TO BE REMEMBERED

 

                Maki her stomach lovingly as she laid on her bed. never stopped smiling as she kept touching her baby bump. Her son kept moving and kicking inside her womb, playing around within her. Since Jae left her apartment, after he tried to fish out every details on the her baby’s father, her baby kept moving inside. Knowing that he kicked because he felt hungry, Maki took her meal immediately. At that moment too, Meisa called her and said she managed to stop Toma from telling Yamapi about her pregnancy. But, she could not make it to her house since it was late, so she would come once again tomorrow. Somehow, the news that Meisa gave to her making her feel a bit frustrated too. Does she want the man knew about her pregnancy? About his baby? Suddenly, the baby inside her kicked once again. Maki grinned and her face was full of happiness.

 

“Ne....you sure know your father when I think about him,” Maki whispered softly as her hands it again. She still remembered, that day when they met between each other at her hometown, her baby moved for the first time too. She had been waiting it for it to happen each day. But, the baby chose on the day where Yamapi met her at her hometown. Does he sense his own father? As if he knew when Yamapi around her. Maki thought about it.

 

                On that day too, Maki nearly slipped her tongue, telling the man about her pregnancy. Seriously, her heart screamed to tell him about it. But, afraid conquered within her heart. What if  Yamapi did not accept their baby? What if he accused her having another man’s baby? What if he asked him to abort the baby because he did not want it to become a trouble for him? So that it is easy for him to get married the woman he love? What if he accused her to trap him and get him into marriage? What if... Maki sighed softly. That’s why she still did not ready to tell the man about pregnancy. Too many ifs when she thought about him.

 

                After the two of them broke up few years ago, the two of them never met each other again. Though they were in the same entertainment business, but, she tried her best to avoid from meeting him. Her wound of their separation was still opened and it hurt her so much. Even then, the news about him with some other girls, could make herself tremble and her heart shattered. At that time, she knew the true feeling of falling deeply in love with him. It took for more than three years for her to forget everything about him. Until, she met Sho Sakurai.

 

                Their first meeting was when they shoot a drama together. At first, they were just friends. Plus, her feelings toward Yamapi was still there, and she could not erase it easily. Frankly, she did think that Sho Sakurai was a great person. Who doesn’t? He was really good in academic, good looking, versatile, and a man that women want in their life. The man extremely a soft spoken person and it did appeal her. She used to think that, any woman who got the man, would be very lucky. And she did not think herself as the one. Their relationship remained as friends even after their drama ended. But one day, his confession come.

 

“Thank you for the lovely dinner,” Maki bowed to him while smiling. Sho just nodded it, while ruffling his hair. She turned around and started to unlock her door. Suddenly...

“Maki chan...” Hearing the man called her name, she turned around. Sho, who stood in front of him, was looking extremely nervous.

“Yes?” her eyebrows raised as she stared at him. Curiosity played within her heart. The man squirmed uncomfortably and she noticed that his hands trembled a lot.

“I .....Maki chan....I..” Maki looked at Sho intently, waiting for his words. His cheeks were tinted with pink as he words stuck inside his throat. Looking at him on that moment, Maki couldn’t help, but smiling widely. She could see that scarlet started to crawl on his cheek.

“What is it Sho kun?” Maki asked him softly this time. Sho blinked his eyes for a few times. His breath was ragged as he was inhalingair as many as possible.

“Maki chan, would...would ...I.....errr....you.... be...be...my boyfriend?” His words stumbled as he said it. Maki chan rounded her eyes, hearing his question.

“What? Your boyfriend?” Sho cursed under his breath. Her face was full of quizzical look when she heard the question. Though, she understood his meaning really well, but she could not help teasing him a little.

“Damn!! You stupid tongue!” He muttered softly while turning his back from Maki. From behind, she could see his ears were totally red due to his misconfession.

“Ne...Sho kun” Her voice made the man turned his body once again. But, his eyes never locked with hers as they were looking down on his feet. This made Maki laughed softly seeing this. The man was sure cute one. She thought he would be the gentleman, romantic and had high confidence when it comes to romance. However, looking at him right now, she knew, he was never that kind of type.

 

“Why did you laughing?” Sho asked as his brown eyes looked back at him. Shaking her head, she just closed , hiding her laugh. The man rolled his eyes, trying his best to gain back his composure and confidence after a failure. Then, he straightened his body once again, trying one more time. Maki put down her hand, and bit her lips, suppressing whatever emotion within herself.

 

“Ma..maki chan....would...would...” Sho stuck once again. His hand flew back to his head, rubbing his head. He could not confess! What should he do?? He groaned loudly. Loud enough for the woman in front of him hear it.

 Maki smiled looking at him. Somehow, deep inside her heart, she felt extremely happy when the man tried his best to confess to her, even though his nervous broke him down. It attracted her although it was messy, the words were stumbled, and the atmosphere not romantic. But, she did not mind that. What was important was his sincerity. She looked at the man for a long time before opened once again.

 

“ Okay, Sho kun,” Sho stunned hearing the words. His gaze darted to Maki immediately. But, the woman gave him a smile. And her cheeks were filled with deep pink as she locked her eyes with his.

 

“You....you said okay just now?” The owner of round eyes nodded it. At that moment, Sho’s face beam showing the happiness that he couldn’t hide himself. He knew that the woman accepted his confession after all. He jumped in joy, making the woman who in front of him giggled softly. That’s how their relationship started.

               

                Maybe, what the people always was true after all, to cure the deep wounded that done by a man, need another man to cure it back. During her relationship with Sho, none of her day she thought about Yamapi. Maybe, due to her working load, and spending time with Sho, made her totally forgot about that man and all the painful that she carried last three years. With Sho, she felt extremely comfortable and he always brought happiness within her. They went out together too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter