CHAPTER 59: THE DECISION

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 59: THE DECISION

 

                Maki sat on her bed alone, looking outside of her window. Her hands never stopped her big belly while her mind was wandering something else. The flowers were already bloomed on the tree and just a few weeks later, it is soon will come the spring. Although the weather started to warm, but it was opposite with her heart. It was still cold and the painful feelings were still there. Sighing softly, Maki leaned her head against the wall. The meeting that she had last night with Yamapi, and the fight made everything became so complicated. Closing her eyes, the memory of last night replayed once again.

 

 

“ Marina.....I’m sorry...” Yamapi apologised her while looking back.

 

“Go....” Maki said the word softly, almost whisper. Yamapi stood silently on his feet, frozen hearing the woman’s words.

 

“What...?” Maki stood up and looked at her with disgusting look on her eyes.  Her eyes turned to bloodshot red as he could see she gritted her teeth.

 

“I said go away! Tomo!!! GO AWAY!!” She repeated the words once again, but with much louder voice. Her soft voice echoed through the hall as she said it

 

 “Gosh! Marina! I said sorry already, you don’t have to punish me like this!!!” he defended himself while looking back at the pregnant woman. But, she just shook her head vigorously denying what the man said.

 

“No!!! No!! Just go Tomo!!Go!”Maki  said again and her eyes looked at her feet rather than that man. The tears started to prick at the corner of her eyes. Instantly, Yamapi stepped toward her and his hands started to reach the woman.

 

“Marina!! Don’t do this....you don’t mean this.....You need me. You, and our son, need me.....” his voice sounded as if he pleaded her. But, as his hands reached her, she pushed away the man’s hands hard.

 

“No!! Go away Tomo!!! I don’t need you!!” Maki pushed the man from her while tears started to roll down on her face.

 

“We don’t need you, Tomo. The baby and me......don’t need you. We don’t want you anymore......don’t want ......” She cried softly as she said the words. Immediately, Maki brushed her tears from her cheek and went to Sho.

 

“Come Sho.....we need to put the medicine on your face,” she said softly while pulling the man’s up and walked toward her house. Before she could walk any further, Yamapi’s hand grabbed her hands and pulled her toward him.

 

“Marina...you don’t say it true!! Aren’t you? about...”

 

“I mean it, Tomo!!! I mean it!!” she said firmly while pulling her hands from the man’s grip.

 

                Maki sighed softly remembering the unpleasant memories. It was too much.... She whispered within herself. Tomo should not do like that... She added some more. Her eyes looked outside of her window. Then, another memory came again.  

 

“We should get married, Marina. At least before the baby come out,” Yamapi’s sudden words snapped some part of her heart when the man said it.

 

“Wh...what?” her face was full of disbelief as she stuttered replying back to the man.

 

“I said....we should get married. At least, we should register our marriage and it should be done as earlier as possible. If possible, before you deliver the baby.” Maki stared at the man, immobile with the man’s sudden word.

 

“It is convenience if we register the marriage before the wedding ceremony. At least, my son still carry my family’s name. I don’t want my son to carry someone else names instead of his father who is still around. ” Yamapi said softly while staring at her.

 

                Instantly Maki shook her head trying to shove the memory out of her head. The proposal that Yamapi did last night broke her heart. What he wanted was just a marriage, which is built not because of the love, but just because of his responsibility toward her just because she was pregnant with his baby. His heart is no longer belong to you, Marina.... Maki bit her lips at the sudden thought. Maki leaned against the wall restlessly. Why do I put a high hope on him.....hoping that he still loves me....and our baby.......why? I should know already that Tomo is not fond on the marriage itself.

 

 

“Marriage?” Yamapi raised his eyebrow as the Maki’s question grabbed his attention. Instantly, he fidgeted uncomfortably while his face showed panic face. Maki, who put her head on his lap, instantly got up and looked at the man’s sudden change expression. She did not mean to ask the question, it just...it slipped from her tongue.

 

“Ummm...” Maki nodded softly, trying to ignore the thought of the man’s phobia on marriage issue. Her hands clasped tightly on her laps. Yamapi became silenced at onc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter