CHAPTER 63: THE MAN, THE WOMAN AND THE BABY

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 63: THE MAN, THE WOMAN AND THE BABY

               

“Itai.....” Maki groaned softly while grabbing the arm of the bench. Glancing at her swollen feet, she could feel the pain of cramps. Taking off her shoes, she looked at them and pouted her little mouth. The doctor had been warning her that at the later pregnancy, more difficulties came since the baby will become bigger and it would make her legs cramps sometime. Not only that, it will became uglier as it will swell like elephant’s feet.Maki groaned at the sudden thought.

               

                Immediately, her hands reached her bag and started to dig something from it. Her feet leaved bare as her hands frantically trying to find the things that could ease the pain and helped her blood circulated normally once again before it became worst.

 

“Found it!!!” She squealed happily while looking at it.

 

The small bottle contained oil that could reduce the painful feelings due to cramps. Then her eyes shifted back toward her feet which were now bare. Her eyes rolled for a while thinking about something that flashed inside her mind before heaved a deep sigh. Slowly, she held the bottle close within her hands tightly, as she stared at the feet and shifted her gaze at the round tummy.

 

                Maki should know already that in her condition right now, it was almost impossible for her to reach her own feet, to massage it with the oil. Usually, Viki would help her with putting the oil. If it happened during works, Jae would help her stretching her legs a bit before sitting quietly on the chair. But now.....Maki moaned softly as she looked around. The pain started to feel once again on both of her legs. Just bear it for a while.......

 

*************************************************************************************

 

Back to the registry office.

 

“What does the pretty boy want from you?” Hajime asked his friends who just spoke with the most popular guy in Japan just know. Somehow, saw Yamapi in person, and in marriage registry office, created curiosity within him. The man rolled his eyes and looked at him.

 

“He asked about the marriage registration for the weird couple....” he said bluntly. Hajime raised his eyebrows and pinned him with a puzzled look.

 

“He asked what?” Hajime looked at him intently as he sat comfortably on the chair next to him.

 

“You know....the weird couple....that got married this morning. The one that insisted on getting married earlier than the appointment. Remember?” Hajime rolled his eyes and after a few second, he gasped.

 

“Ahh...the geeky couple? What? What relationship that he had with the woman? She’s such a freak! Wearing all those black clothes and cold. Even the man to....ewww.....is Yamapi blind?” The words came out from his mouth just like that. Arisu, who just typed something on the computer, lifted his shoulders. Hajime continued talking.

 

“I thought Japan heartthrob had high taste when it came to women. Like the woman he dated like....wait.....how about Keiko Kitagawa? I thought he loves her?” Arisu made face as his friend speculated more about Yamaa Tomohisa’s life.

 

“I don’t know about that because I’m not his P.A.!! Off you go!!I’m busy!!!” Arisu pushed the man from his place away from his counter. Hajime groaned deeply, after being unable to dig on Yamapi’s issue at the marriage office.

 

 After Hajime left, Arisu continued his works as he flipped toward his document. Suddenly...his fingers stopped as something caught into his mind. A thing that he just realised....

 

“Why he did not mention the woman’s name when he asked about the marriage registration? Usually...people would ask about name rather than appointment.....” Arisu thought deeply. His finger rubbed his chin thinking about it. Then something caught his mind.

 

“Wait....why do I have to think about that? Geez....I’m not even his fan!!” he shook his head before continued his works.

 

 

*************************************************************************************

 

 

“Otousan.....what should we do?” The child asked his father, as his round eyes looked at Yamapi laid on the ground.

 

“Daijobou....he is okay right now...” The middle aged man said while looking at Yamapi. His eyes lingered on Yamapi’s body, trying to trace any injury on him. After a while, a smile tugged on the man’s mouth as he recognised that Yamapi did not have any injury. Even he started to squirm on the ground. His son was still staring at the man while squatting next to him.

 

“Otousan kicked it too strong....” the small child pouted his mouth while looking at his father. But the man just chuckled softly.

 

“Gomen...gomen....But I could not help since you challenged me to be like Hidetoshi Nakata. “ His father flashed his son with a wide smile.

 

                Yamapi, who was on the ground, moaned softly as his hands touched his head which started to throb painfully. The voices that he heard from background started to became louder as his eyes cracked open slowly. But still, the dizziness that he felt due to sudden impact on his head made he took a few minutes to open his eyes. After seemed forever, he opened his eyes and found two pair of eyes looked at him intently with concern filled within him. One of it belonged to a small boy who squat closer to him. Slowly, he got up and rubbed his head furiously as he tried to reduce the painful feeling inside his head.

 

“Wh....what happened?” The question came from Yamapi’s mouth as he tried to remember the event. The middle aged man looked at Yamapi and heaved a relief sigh.

 

“Our ball hit your head, oni-chan! “ The young boy said instantly while fixing his eyes on him. Yamapi startled as he stared at the boy’s eyes. It is a pair of brown eyes. And It reminded him to Maki.....Seeing it, made Yamapi’s jaw turned to a tight taut.

 

“Gomen nasai....I did not mean to kick it hard. It just....It is out of control....” The man smiled sheepishly while rubbing his head before bow his head a little.

 

“Otousan said he could kick like Hidetoshi Nakata.....” The boy beamed as he said it. His smile reached the eyes of the cute little boy as he flashed a set of white pearly teeth toward him. The father of the boy just smiled widely listening to his son.

 

But, it was different for the man who remained on the ground. Yamapi’s heart squeezed as the boy called his father otousan.... Yamapi looked down on the ground as a fact kept pounded inside his head.

 

You will never get chance on being calling like that....

 

                Somehow the thought made his heart being stabbed by knife for a few times. It hurt his heart a lot. Unknowingly, his face started to look sad as he clenched his fist till it turned to a tight grip. This was noticed by the man.

 

“You are okay?” The man asked while patting on his shoulder. Yamapi’s eyes shifted to the owner of the voice and found out a concern look on his face. Slowly, he nodded his head while gave him a wavering smile. Instantly, he tried to get up with the man’s helps. Although the dizziness was still there, he did not want to be there any longer. The view of the father son made his heart throbbed painfully.

 

“I’m sorry once again....” The man said while holding his son’s hands. He bow his head a little showing how much he felt sorry upon what he did. Yamapi shook his head and kept saying it was okay.

 

“Ne....Otousan....where is the ball?” The boy asked his father while looking around the place. His hand tugged his father trousers as he asked the question. Yamapi and the boy’s father looked at each other before darting their eyes around the place.

 

Looking around, Yamapi noticed that he had been far from the Tokyo Public Registration Office. He almost could not recognise the place that he was looking now. All of this because of her.....thinking about her... Immediately Yamapi shook his head trying to erase the painful memory within his head.

 

“Otousan! Do you find it?” the child’s voice woke his up from the deep thought. Yamapi turned his gaze toward the child which was looking around the park with his father. Feeling responsible too toward the missing ball, Yamapi too searched the ball although it was him who got hit by it. At least he could forget about Maki for a while. At least....just for a moment.

 

                Yamapi walked around and his eyes searched the area especially around the bushes. As he walked, his hands never stopped rubbing his temple as it throbbed painfully due to the ball hit. Suddenly....something caught his eyes. Immediately, his mouth flickered up seeing a ball right under a small plant near the park. It was hidden beneath it. He bent down a bit before took out the ball from its hiding

 

“You found it!!!” The child’s voice squealing happily could be heard from behind him. Yamapi averted his gaze and found that the boy ran to him quickly. His eyes became even wider as he stared at the ball happily. Instantly Yamapi handed the ball toward the eager boy who beamed happily getting back his toy. His eyes never leaved the boy’s face as he studied him closely. A thought came into his mind.

 

How our baby will look like?

 

Is he going to look like him....or Marina?

 

“Where do you find it?” A question woke grabbed him to the reality as the father of the boy asked when he reached them. Yamapi muttered softly within himself.

 

Wake up Pi....why you have to remember the things that you had lost already?

 

He shook his head. Then he turned his body to the man who asked him the question. He is still waiting for his answer.

 

“I found there....under the ....” Yamapi stopped his words when he pointed toward the location of the ball.  The man looked at the place that Yamapi showed, but his gaze was not on the place he pointed, but to a woman who was wearing a white dress in the park.

 

Liar.....

 

He whispered the words

 

His heart stopped beating.......

 

He could hardly breathe......

 

Maybe his vision lied to him.....

 

Impossible.......

 

It lie him.....

 

Right?

 

Yamapi blinked his eyes for a few times, afraid that he was having hallucination. But, the vision remained clear like the crystal.....

 

It is Marina.....

 

                Unknowingly, his feet started to move toward the woman, leaving the man and his child behind. He could not hear anything....even think about anything.....Now; there was something more important that he needed to attend to. Or something that he wanted to conform.

 

 

                Maki scrunched her face while biting her lips. The cramps became even worst as the pain started to attack her legs. She wished how someone could help her with all painful feelings. Gritting her teeth, she stared at her legs, with her eyes glazed with tears. This is the worst among all leg cramps she used to have.....Maki whispered within her. Closing her eyes, she tried to calm herself, wishing by doing that it would reduce the pain. But, it did not happen. In addition, she felt like her feet being pulled million times.....

 

“Mou..............” Maki moaned softly while her hands rubbed her thigh, trying to ease the pain. While another one was gripping the arm of the bench.

 

“Marina......” Her heart started to stop beating as she heard her name. Even, it started to beat faster as she heard the deep voice whispering those. She must be dreaming....She mumbled herself. But, then again, she could hear her name once again. Loud and clear this time. Instantly, her eyes lifted to the owner of the voice.

 

                Standing in front of her, Yamaa Tomohisa was looking at her as if it was the first time for him to meet her. Maki gasped softly, as she gazed at him for a long time. What is he doing here? And...Why....why he looked so lost? Why....? Her heart whispered the words softly.

 

“Tomo......” Yamapi blinked his eyes disbelief on what he saw. It is Marina!! Inside him, the blood rushed every part of him as his heart started to beat faster. Suddenly....

 

“I...itai....” Maki moaned softly as her hands gripped stronger on the chair. Panic strike upon him as he noticed tears started to slip down on her cheeks.

 

“Gosh.....Marina, what....what happened?” Immediately he knelt in front of her, trying to look anything wrong with her. Maki gritted her teeth, while closing her eyes. Her skirt was already being pulled by her hands as she tried to ease the pain.

 

“Are you going to deliver?” Maki shook her head fast while looking at the concern man. Yamapi became even panic when what he guessed was not correct.

 

“My legs.....I’m...having cramps...” Instantly Yamapi shifted toward her legs. Now, he noticed that Maki already took of her shoes, leaving it with her white socks.  Yamapi moved toward her front as he held her legs.

 

“Which one that you are having cramps?” he asked again while holding her ankle between his hands. More tears came down on her face.

 

“Both....” Maki said while clutching her skirts tightly than ever. Using all her strengths, she tried to clamp her sobs within . But, still....the pain was too unbearable.

 

                Yamapi exhaled deeply as he held her legs. Softly, he started to pulled her legs, and rotate the ankle.  This was usual for him since he always involved in physical activities. Massaging the calf muscle, Yamapi pulled her legs trying to ease the muscle contraction which the pregnant woman faced. Maki hold on his shoulders while gripping on the shirt he wore. Although, it wrinkled it a bit, but she cared less right now. Not when she was in pain.

 

                After a while, the pain started to subside as Yamapi’s hands never stopped moving on her legs. Though the two remained sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter