CHAPTER 39: THE SUDDEN MEMORY

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

              

“ Why must they kiss?” he murmured softly as he leaned closer. His fingers traced her jaw line, and touching her face. He closed the distance between the two of them, making Keiko felt extremely nervous. The man never being closed to her like this since they acted together in the drama last year. But, right now, the man was becoming like a different person.

 

“Ne...Pi, you are drunk,” Keiko said nervously. She tried to push the man from her. But Yamapi kept looking at her. Suddenly, the man laughed softly as his fingers reached her lips.

 

“Maybe....we should do the same thing,” he said softly and leaning closer to the woman in front of her. He touched her chin so that she would not move any longer. Meanwhile, Keiko stunned due to the man’s sudden action. Panic ran in every part of her body. Her hands gripped the Yamapi’s shirt, since she did not know where to put it. Automatically, she closed her eyes, unable to look at the moment any longer. When his lips was nearly to Keiko’s, just an inch away, suddenly....

 

“Tomo....”

 

                His eyes snapped open when Yamapi heard the voice. His eyes were now fixed on Keiko’s face. Slowly, he pulled slightly back from the woman, as his brain tried to organise his thought. Alcohol still conquered some of his senses. He shook his head for a while. Was he hearing Marina’s voice just now?

 

“ Tomo.....”

 

Then, he heard her voice once again. This time, a sudden memory appeared within his vision.

 

                The memory of five months ago played inside his mind. The night where the two of them spent together after a long time. They did not plan it, neither wanted it to happen. But, fate brought them together once again after they separated. Never in his life he would thought that night would happen especially with the woman he used to love before.

 

“Tomo...”her hands slightly pushed him from her small body. But he did not budge, but  kept closing the distance between two of them. His hands wrapped around her tiny waist as his nose nuzzled her cheeks after kissing her red lips. Unknowingly, her hands gripped his shirt tightly.

 

“Mmmm...” His eyes locked with her brown ones. His palm rubbed her back deliciously as he glanced back at her while his lips. His breath was unsteady.

 

“We....we shouldn’t do this....” she breathed softly as she said the words. Her lips were already swollen due to their kisses.

 

“I know....” his lips moved once again, kissing on her forehead, trailing to her cheeks. She could feel his warm breath on her skins as more kisses were showered on her face. His lips was now hovered hers, and she could feel that the man pulling her closer within his embrace.

 

“So....why....” she asked him again, when she could still remember whatever things within her mind which it started to be fogged by desire. He kissed her corner mouth and chin, and smiled hearing her questions. Yamapi inhaled while savouring the way she looked right now. The deep red blush crawled on her face and he couldn’t help to it. Slowly, he touched her forehead with his.

 

“ Because.....right now..... I only want you...”he whispered the words. His fingers touched her cheeks, her skins.  Before Maki could ask again, the man dipped his head once again and kissed her on the mouth, making love to her soft lips. Maki moaned softly when the man kissed her deeply this time, nibbling her lips. Automatically, her hands clutched his shirt tightly than ever, forgetting whatever questions neither protest within her minds.

 

 

                Yamapi closed his eyes, when the view of the night five months ago playing within his mind. He knew how does it felt that time, being able to hold her, kissed her, embrace her, and even making love to her on that memorable night. And now, he was trying to kiss other woman, just to forget her. Slowly, Yamapi moved from Keiko who was leaning against on the wall. More senses came over him as he inhaled fresh air. What the use of kissing other woman when deep inside his heart, he still wanted Maki as his. Even when the woman is dating someone else, but the feeling toward her was still alive and not dying.

 

                Standing unstably, Yamapi moved to the space next to the woman. His eyes looked to the floor beneath him. Keiko opened her eyes slowly when she could feel the lost of the man’s warmth over her. Yamapi was no longer in front of her. She did not know why, frustrated came over her at once. Even though the man would kiss her in his drunk condition, but she did not mind about it at all. At least, she could have him hold her for a while. But now, before the situation could happen, the man already pulled back himself from her. Unknowingly, she tightened her grips while inhaled the fresh air.

 

“Gomen.....” Yamapi’s husky voice broke up the silence between two of them. He was now leaning against the wall next to her, still trying to support himself. The alcohol still had strong effect on him. Keiko was just silence and only her sigh became the reply of the man’s apology.

 

 Yamapi closed his eyes as he started to sit on the floor, rubbing his head for a few times.  He needed to get a grip so that he would go back by himself. Keiko turned her gaze from the advertisement board and looked at the man who sat on the floor. Now, he looked much better than a few minutes ago, being drunk and messy. She impressed that he was able to recover from the booze very fast. Keiko looked down on the floor, and looked on her fingers, fiddling with her blouse.What made the man stopped being kissing her? A question popped out inside her mind.

 

“Ne....Yamapi...” The man slowly looked to the long hair woman as his hands still massaging his head, trying to ease the pain that throbbed inside his brain. Keiko squatted next to him, looking at him.

 

“ Why did you drink a lot today? It is very rare to see you drink a lot like today.” Keiko asked him while pinning her round eyes to him. Yamapi’s twitched his nose. Although he was still under alcohol, but he could understand the woman’s question really well. But, now, it is not a priority to answer the questions. It would make his heart bleed even more.

 

“ Don’t bother yourself about me.....I’m okay already....” he said to the woman when he glanced back toward his front. Inside his head, the vivid image of Marina appeared once again. Maybe....I should go back rather than being here. This is insane, keep remembering about her. He thought himself. Instantly, he stood up and looked back at Keiko.

 

“ Keiko.....sorry for what happened today,” he bowed his head a little.

 

Keiko lifted her chin looking up at the well-built man. Before she could even said anything, the man strolled out from the place, leaving the long hair woman alone. Even though his steps was unbalance and his legs wobbling, but he kept moving. Sadness swarmed over Keiko at once. She knew, how many times she tried to become close with him, getting his heart pouring out to her, the man would pull back into silence situation, guarding himself from her.  Her eyed glinted with tears as she looked the man’s back.

 

 

***********************************************************************************

 

                Toma flicked the signal and turned his car left when he reached the junction. His eyes were now focused on the road. It was nearly one o’clock in the morning when he looked at the time on car dashboard. Meisa, who was sitting next to him, was already sleeping peacefully. He glanced back at the woman, smiling widely, as he noticed that she snore a bit, like asthmatic kitten. This is great!!Lots of her weaknesses revealed each day as he knew her. Then his eyes focused back on the road. Now, his mind wandered to the previous incident where he saw Yamapi with Keiko in the club. Automatically, his hand reached his forehead, rubbing it slowly when headache forming inside his head. Just thinking about Yamapi’s problem already made him like this.

 

                Indeed, it was true that he really saw Maki on Yamapi’s apartment five months ago. He still remembered, that early morning, he drove his car from his hometown, brought some food along with him. Toma’s mother was really fond with Yamapi, so everytime he went back home, his mother would pack some food for him too. He called him the night before, to tell him that he would drop by his apartment before going for a shooting. But, it seemed the man turned off his phone and he just left message in the inbox. Once again, before he drove back, he called him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter