CHAPTER 16: THE NECKLACE

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

               

Maki tied her hair and put on her glasses. Opening her cupboard, she took another shirt and wore it. The weather had becoming colder as the winter coming closer. She glanced at the clock on the table and smiled. It was still early for her to go to work. So, she could enjoy eating her breakfast while reading. Sitting on the floor, Maki took a piece of bread and started eating it. Recently, her appetite became better than the last month. No more nauseous, and no more headache. And no more craving. Her condition is becoming better as she was now pregnant for nearly 4 months. The bump was also started to be seen under her big clothes. her tummy, she is waiting for the first kick from her baby. Nakajima sensei the baby kick could start between 18 weeks and above. Remembering that, made Maki smiled really wide.

 

                It was already two months that she left the entertainment business. Sometime she could not believe it by herself. Working in the bookshop that Vicky suggested was giving her a very good cause. The works was not difficult, just take care of the shop, clean up and became a cashier when they were customers around. What made Maki happy most was nobody recognise her as Horikita Maki when he worked at the shop. Basically, the people who came at the bookshop were too amazed with the bookshop rather than looking at her. Although she caught some of the customers staring at her for a long time, but most of them did not believe by themselves. Maybe because of her appearance, which it did not give her the dazzling impression, made them believe it just another look alike person.

 

                His relationship with Jae, his colleague was also good. She still remembered, the first day she met him, he nearly made her had heart attack when he said about her face looking like Horikita Maki. That time, she totally froze. But when the man laughed out loud said he just joked with her, it almost made poking his eyes ball for making her like that. Since that day, he had become a good companion for her. This includes his housemate, Geun Seuk. Both of them were working in the same company. Jae as the web designer while Geun Seuk as the IT manager. But, basically only Geun Seuk went to company, whereas Jae preferred working at home. Plus, he said he could look after his uncle store which it was Himawari bookshop.

 

                As Maki enjoyed indulging her breakfast, her phone rang. Immediately, she snatched it on the shelves brushing off some of her belongings on it. She moaned when the things scattered off on the floor thinking that she should be more careful next time. Flipping up the phone, she read the e-mail that Meisa gave. Frown was all over her face as she read the message.

 

Hello my dear. How are you? I know you are going to start pouting again when I said this. But really, I’m so sorry again I could not make to your house. There was a damn stupid annoying stalker that had been bothering me and it seemed that he never gave up.*sigh*. I hate to say this, but maybe it takes longer than I thought to go to your house without that damn fool following me around and discovered your place. Sorry, I would try to kick the stalker out of my life as fast as possible and meet you.

 

 

Maki frowned for a while reading Meisa’s message. Recently she received a lot of complaints from Meisa about a man following her just to dig out information on Maki’s whereabouts. Rolling her eyes, she tried to think any possible man that had that high determination in her cycle of friends. Shoving the thoughts of her head, she continued reading

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter