CHAPTER 17: THE ANNOYING MAN

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                The dressing room was empty when Meisa entered it. She sighed softly while slumping down on the chair. Tiredness was consuming inside her. She just finished her works in a television show which made 90 percent of her energy drained from her body. Looking at her reflection in the mirror made her realised how much she looked tired these last few months. Maybe she should take a vacation after all.

 

As the word vacation hit on her head, Meisa immediately took out her phone and searched for something that she had missed most, Maki. Her eyes widened as she looked at Maki’s picture in her phone. In the picture, she’s wearing a white shirt and long blue skirt with a pair of geeky glasses on her nose. She smiled widely seeing her disguise like that. Her eyes immediately shifted to her most favourite part, which was Maki’s belly. Although she wore the big white shirt, but still she could see a bump in there. Maki’s baby is growing. She whispered within herself. Her smile never left from her face.

 

Two months ago, she asked Maki to start doing appointment for the doctor as it is important for woman who is pregnant. Thank god she overheard the television staff talking about her being pregnant and managed to get all the info that they didn’t know. In return, Maki sent the baby’s scan to her, which made Meisa totally jumped in joy looking at it. For her, it was so wonderful for a woman to carry such a tiny creature before they came out in the world. Brushing at the scan picture that Maki sent to her, Meisa whisperedI can’t wait to see you my dear. Unknowingly, someone was looking at her in the mirror.

 

“You look pretty happy, Kuroki-san” Meisa jumped out of her chair as she heard the deep voice behind her. Instantly, she turned her body and stared at the owner of the voice. Her hands gripped the phone that she hold. Her heart beats pounded hard as the shock was still flooding within her when the man in front of her spoke just now.

 

“What are you doing here, Ikuta-san!!” snapped Meisa as she looked at the lanky man who was leaning against the wall. Her anger clouded in her brain.  Toma just chuckled hearing the words. He stared at the woman who owned a long black hair. Then his eyes shifted to the phone that Meisa hold in her hands.

 

“You are pretty absorbed when I entered the room. Looking at your face earlier, I think it must be from your boyfriend,” claimed Toma as he eyed the woman who stood at her chair. He could feel that she was totally mad with him. Meisa trembled as she heard the statement. Fury was raging inside her. The man was now walking to a chair and sat comfortably on it. Suddenly, she remembered the phone inside her hand. Maki. Immediately, she slipped the phone inside her pocket.

 

“Ahh...why did you keep your phone Meisa, I thought you are going to do a little bit sharing on your boyfriend, “said Toma blandly. The woman stopped and glared at her. Toma’s heart skipped a beat as he absorbed the glaring that the woman gave to him. Somehow, the woman looked much beautiful when she got angry. Opposite Maki, who looked beautiful when she smiled.

 

“It’s none of your business! Plus, in what terms that you can call my first name! We don’t even know each other!” snapped Meisa as she pinned Toma with her angry look. She really hated the man that was looking at her. She hated everything about him! From the top bottom of his head, till his feet. Entirely, she hated him. Despite of his look, the man had a really bad heart. Totally!

 

                Their bickering and cold argumentation started two months ago, since Maki left the entertainment industry. Basically, she got many questions from many people asking about Maki’s whereabouts, but she managed to answer it very well. Hiding it very well. Well, the experience as an actress did help her with it. But, not until he met the brown hair man. She met Toma Ikuta after she finished drama shooting in Nagoya. That time, she did not know, that he was really stubborn, persistent and stupid!!!

 

                Unlike other people, including Sho, they were able to understand and accepted all excuses from her that she did not know anything. So, after being successfully deceived others for a few times, she applied the same trick to Toma. Surprisingly, it did not work. The man even snarled at her for being irresponsible and selfish for letting Maki go. He even questioned her status as Maki’s friend.

 

“Kuroki-san, are you sure you are Horikita Maki’s best friend?” the questions that Toma asked made her blood boiled immediately. But, Meisa calmed herself so not easily fall into Toma’s trick. His eyebrow arched as he shot Meisa with the question.

 

“What do you mean by that Ikuta-san? If you think by using that way, could make me say anything about Maki, you are wrong,” said Meisa to the man who stood in front of her. Toma just stared at Meisa, without saying anything.

 

“Will you excuse me! I’m very busy right now! I don’t have time to entertain you!” She said while controlling her anger. Never in her life, a man like him became so rude to her. Taking her bag, Meisa walked passing the man who was still quiet after being snapped by her. But something tugged her hand and made her turned around. Shock was the only word that she could describe on that incident. Toma Ikuta was holding her hand.

 

“Okay...I’m sorry for saying that! But really, I need to know about Maki!” confessed Toma this time as he let go of Meisa’s hand. He knew by making Meisa angry would only make the percentage of his chance to see Maki will become lesser. His hand was running on his hair made it messier.

 

“How many times I told you Toma, those are the thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter