CHAPTER 10- THE EIGHT WEEK FETUS

The Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                The evening breeze was caressing her face as she sat alone on the bench in the park. never stop smiling as she kept looking on the things in her hand. Her fingers kept brushing the scan picture of a baby. Her baby. Murmured Maki while smiling.  She never stopped looking at it since she came back from the clinic just now.

                This morning, when she was busy hanging her clothes, her phone ringing. The phone that Meisa gave  to her. She immediately read the e-mail that the long hair girl sent. Smile was tugging at knowing it would be Meisa since she was the only one who hold the secret.Her secret.

 

Hello sweetheart. How are you today? I’m missing you already. Now, I am on the way to television station. I would really want to visit you at the new place, but  the agency had  burden me with many works. *sigh*. By the way, I forgot to ask you. Have you met a doctor to check your baby. Last night I overheard someone’s talking about being pregnant. They said you should start doing appointment with doctor already and have a regular check up. Don’t take any medical pills without doctor advice and make sure you walk carefully everywhere you go. You are pretty clumsy, so wear flat shoes all the time. No more heels for you. And don’t forget to eat regularly too. Think about the life inside you.

               

                As Maki read through her e-mail, her head was fulled with things that Meisa said. True that she had to check her condition in the clinic. Check her baby that is growing inside her. However, she was so scared that people might recognised her as Horikita Maki. She kept thinking and thinking what should she do to made her face looked different. After she finished cleaning her house, she was sitting in front of the mirror for a long time. All the make up that she brought were on the table. None of it was opened and touch by her. Sniffing from it already made feel her to vomit. So, make up was a no-no for her. Finally, she decided to go with simple style. She divided her hair in two and started making braids from it. Then put clipped on her her before putting overlarged glassed on her nose. Meisa’s beanie was put on her head to cover up more. Maybe this was better than other styles.

 

                Later, she was standing at the door of the hospital. She kept pacing back and forth, thinking whether she should go in or not. The overlarged glasses keep running down on her tip of nose. She gulped nervously. She did not have courage after all. Later, she changed her mind and went back to her apartment. As she was walking back, she saw an old clinic near the park of the town. Holding to her shirt, she encouraged herself to go in.  When she entered the place, she was welcomed with many babies pictures on the wall. Stunning with the environment, she was shocked  when someone touched her shoulder.

 

“Sorry...did I startled you?” asked a 40 years  old woman to her. Maki scanned her from her outfit. She was wearing a white coat. Immediately she just shook her head.

 

“ Do you want to check something?” asked the woman again. A beautiful smile was on her face. Maki’s nervousness lessen as the woman talked to her. As if she knew her nervousness that she hold within herself. Twenty minutes later, she lied on the bed, checked by the woman who introduced herself as Nakajima-sensei.

 

“ Where do you live?” Nakajima asked as she checked Maki with her stetoscope. Maki gulped and thought for a while before answered.

 

“ I live at the apartment which is opposite the playground.” Said Maki. She did not know why she fel so nervous. It was not the first time she checked herself doing medical check up. Nakajima sensei rolled her eyes for a while and smiled.

 

“ You are renting Aibu’s apartment?” asked Nakajima again. Maki nodded instantly.

 

“ You know her?” asked Maki again. Nakajima laughed as she nodded. She went to her table and took blood pressure checker

 

“ How’s the twin?” Maki raised her eyebrows hearing Nakajima’s question. flickered up when she said ‘the twin’.

 

“ You mean Vicky’s sons?” Nakajima just nodded. “They are fine and as naughty as usual” Laughing Maki as she replied to the woman’s questions.She couldn’t help it since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter