Onto Foreign Grounds

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As the breeze blew violently in their faces, Yuju and Sowon held tightly onto the sides of the boat as the sight of land seemed to draw closer and closer to them. The duo had been travelling for close to a few hours as the fast current pushed their small boat all the way to the shores of Sinaris. 

Sowon was screaming and shouting while Yuju kept on laughing and cheering while the boat continued to move.

Once the boat successfully docked on the shore Sowon immediately scurried out and was on the ground on all fours as her head started to slowly stop spinning. Yuju on the the other hand was cheering and demanded to go for another round on the so called ‘boat ride’

“Alright! Now that we’re here where should we started of first?” Yuju asked as Sowon slowly stood up.

“There, we can stay there.” Sowon said as she pointed at the inn right ahead.

“Yes, after you milady.” Yuju playfully said as she bowed and gestured for Sowon to walk first.

Sowon just groaned out loud and limped her way over towards the inn with Yuju happily skipping away behind her. They reached the entrance and slowly pushed the front door open and was greeted by a clerk standing behind the counter.

Sowon dragged her legs towards the counter and slammed the sack of gold coins on the counter top and took out two pieces. 

“How many nights can i get with these?” Sowon asked while flashing the two gold coins in her hands.

The clerk’s eyes widened at the sight of the shimmering golden coins in her hands as he snatched it from her palms greedily as he admired it in his own hands.

“Milady with these, you can buy the place.” The clerk said with a haughty laugh as he grabbed a key from behind it and placed it in Sowon’s palms.

“There’s no need for that, we’ll just be here for a few nights till we have what we seek for.”

“Well, till then i’ll be in your service, just call me clerk, your room is on the third floor at the far end only the best for the ones whom can afford it.”

“Appreciate it clerk, here.” Sowon said as she tossed another gold coin at him. “Have one for your troubles.”

The clerk then bowed before the two girls as they quickly made their way towards their room in the inn. Sowon practically kicked the door opened as she threw her entire body on the bed in front of her as the bed legs shook from the impact. She then started to groan loudly while her face was buried deep into the comfortable sheets.

“I missed beds so much!” She exclaimed while turning over and spreading her limbs all over the mattress.

“The hammocks weren’t that bad, stop whining.” Yuju said as she dropped the bag of gold coins onto the table top.

She walked towards the drawn curtains and drew them quickly to see the scene in front of her. As she peered out the window she saw the locals working tirelessly pulling carts with goods and working till their legs could no longer support them.

She then realised that the sun was about to set, and yet they showed no signs of turning in for the night. Then Yuju felt a hand on her shoulder as Sowon stood behind her sharing the view with her friend.

“I’m starting to realise why Tiffany thinks of liberating this place?” Sowon muttered.

“You think these people are forced to work?” Yuju asked as she turned to face Sowon.

“Look there.” Sowon pointed out from the window towards the group of locals working.

In the midst of the hardworkers there was a guard standing there as if he was supervising everything. Sowon then continued poiting out a few more guards as Yuju just looked with pity.

“I honestly doubt that they ever get a day off, this is neither Valrida nor Durint nor Kleenox.” Sowon said again.

“Praise the three great leaders.” Yuju said as she walked away from the window and onto her bed.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Sowon asked as she grabbed Yuju and pulled her off the bed.

“It’s already late.”

“Exactly, and what better way to get information then from a night bar?” Sowon said while shaking the bag of gold coins in her hand.

Yuju groaned at the idea but Sowon just laughed and grabbed her friend’s wrist and ran out of the room. They exited the inn and walked along the streets of the port of Sinaris walking by many small houses and shops till they came across a bar not so far from their inn.

The both of them entered and realised two things about the place immediately. Firstly it was filled with dangerous people with scars all over their body and they were all armed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter