Chapter 52: Mind Control

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

16142dccc5720b26267770417044.jpg

Matthew awoke from his unconsciousness as a grimace passed his lips. His head was pounding. Remembering briefly as he fell down hard on the ground when Dami pushed him. But the hard tiles weren't beneath him as he felt soft sheets between his fingers. "W-where am I?" he mumbled, trying to blink away his bleary vision.

"Matthew, you're awake." He heard a familiar voice beside him. He turned and saw a dark blob moving closer. His vision getting clearer each second as he focused on the woman in front of him.

"Jiu." She nodded. Matthew tried to get up but stopped as he suddenly felt pain on his back and some other parts of his body. He breathed heavily as he lied back down.

"You're injured, Matt. The doctor told you to take a rest," Jiu told him.

"Where's Dami?" he suddenly asked of his fiancée but Jiu didn't answer. Her lack of answer was enough to know that she was gone.

When no answer was coming, Matthew forced himself to get up from the bed. Needing an answer despite his body screaming at him to stay put. "I have to find her."

Jiu gripped his arm, stopping him. "No Matt, you don't have to--"

Matthew pulled his arm away from Jiu's grip. "I need to Jiu, she's- she'll die out there!" He couldn't reign in his temper as he raised his voice at her.

Realizing who he was screaming at, and a leader at that, he bowed down lightly to apologize. "I-I'm sorry..."

Jiu rested her hand on Matthew's shoulder empathically. They were all worried for Dami and her friends were out, taking care of Dami before it was too late. "The others are out now; doing all they can to save her. Don't worry too much about it."

"How can I not...." He turned away from Jiu and glared at the window, fighting back his tears.

"Kim Matthew, look at me." He turned back around and looked at Jiu.

"Yoobin's gonna be alright. Trust me. All we can do right now is pray for her, okay?" Matthew nodded and wiped his tears back.

Right, he could do that. He'd pray to all the deities out there that his girl was safe. That she would return uninjured was a bit much, as he knew her wounds wasn't completely healed. His eyes rested on Jiu's wheelchair, realizing Jiu's friend wasn't in the room. "Where's the girl that was with you?"

"Oh Gahyeon? I asked her to go home to rest. Don't want her to be here until everything's settled." He nodded and laid back on the bed.

"I have to go back to my room. Rest well, Matthew." No reply came from him except for an absent nod. Jiu looked at him in concern before she rolled her wheelchair to the door and exited the room.

After Jiu went back to her room, she went to the window, looking outside. She was worried. How could she not when part of being a leader was a big load of worry for her team and the missions. And their ongoing mission was on another level altogether. Being bedridden in the hospital wasn't helping as she couldn't do anything to ensure the mission was over and done with. She knew Siyeon was trying hard handling her part as the leader. Be that as it may, Jiu wasn't there to oil the gear to get them to function seamlessly.

"I've been resting far too long," she muttered as she used the ledge on the window to get up from the wheelchair.

"My team needs me."

__________________

Madam Yoona woke up from her restless sleep yawning as she did so. Looking at the clock on the wall; it showed 11 a.m., realizing that she napped only for an hour.

She huffed. "Hopeful thought that I'd sleep for more than an hour." Enough with her lack of sleep, she got up and went out of the bedroom. It was quiet in the house and the air seemed still too. Going to her bedroom which Siyeon and Taehyung had accidently used it last night, her suspicion was right as she saw an empty room and a made up bed.

"They must've went out while I was sleeping." She shrugged then going for a lie in on the couch. She stretched languidly on the couch. Only for a few moments, then she'll get ready and head to the office. Seeing if she had missed any new messages, she grabbed her phone from the coffee table. As soon as she unlocked it, she received a message from an unknown number. She clicked on the message icon and a video popped up on the screen.

"A video?" Without hesitating, she played the video. She shot up from the couch, her eyes widening as she recognized just who was in the video. Handong and Dami. Fighting at the public park. She then focused onto Dami who already became L's guinea pig in his sick experiment. She sighed in trepidation. Maybe this was why she could only sleep for a short period of time. Who knows what would happen if she was gone for a day.

"Oh no, Dami..." She was about to get up and get ready before other figures appeared. It looked like Sua, Siyeon, Yoohyeon, Taehyung and Jooheon had come in and help stop Dami. Suddenly, she was interrupted by a call from her staff.

"Hello."

"Madam Yoona, someone had uploaded a video on Dreamcatcher on YouTube just now."

"I got it personally through my message but I don't know who. I’m sending the number and I want you track the number and the ID, got it?"

"Yes, ma'am."

She placed the phone slowly back on the table when all she wanted to do was fling it across the room. Madam Yoona sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. Her mind whirled trying to think of anything she had to do to complete the mission and also save her agents further involved in L's games.

"Dear Lord, if you can hear my prayer, please save my daughters..."

-----------------------

Meanwhile

"How long do we have to do this!?" shouted Yoohyeon who dodged another blow from Dami.

"I don't know!" Siyeon replied avoiding from getting kicked in the head. Handong who was waiting for the right time, pounced towards Dami with her taser and tried to knock down her friend to the ground. In a swift aim she connected to her neck.

Dami seemed unfazed after she was hit. It looked like she was only touched by a piece of plastic as she stood still after Handong drew back. "Even the taser can't beat her!" Turning towards her, Dami swung at Handong but Sua was fast as she pushed Handong away. Her breath left her as she was slammed on the chest, taking a few steps back.

"Sua!" They were shocked as they watched Sua roll over the ground. Siyeon ran towards her friend while the others stepped in front of Dami, blocking her from their fallen friend.

"Are you alright?" Siyeon asked as she squeezed Sua’s shoulder.

"Don't worry. I'm immune, remember?" Sua replied as she watched over Yoohyeon and Handong as they teamed up against her friend. Her eyes drew to Dami’s leg as she saw an old scar through her torn clothes.

"Do you see the scar on her left foot?" Sua pointed it to Siyeon.

Siyeon glanced at Dami's ankle as well. "Yeah, I see it."

"She once told me she couldn’t walk properly because of her injury she got in an accident. If we aim for her ankle, we can hold her down long enough for Taehyung to inject her."

Siyeon watched the fight between Handong and Yoohyeon who were struggling to get the upper-hand. They still couldn’t get too close to Dami, as they didn’t plan to get badly injured. "Any ideas how we can do that?"

Sua nodded. "I’ll be the bait while you girls get her from behind. That's the only plan we have right now."

"But it's dangerous, Sua!" Siyeon refused. Not wanting Sua to be the bait and more than likely get gravely injured if things went wrong.

"Look at Dami's condition, Siyeon!" Sua yelled, exasperated. They didn’t have time to argue. Nor was she willing to wait for a better plan.

"Her face is losing colour because she's already losing too much blood. She’ll die and we don't have much time left."  Siyeon’s jaw clenched. Of course she saw it. That didn’t mean she had to like the hasty plan just to get her friend subdued.

"Make sure you know what to do." Siyeon and Sua went back to the field. Taehyung and Jooheon waited not far from them, waiting for Siyeon’s signal.

"Angel..." Taehyung muttered Siyeon's name as he worried about her.

Seizing an opportunity when Dami turned away, Siyeon grabbed Handong and Yoohyeon back, away from Dami’s line of fire.

"Dude, what the hell?" said Yoohyeon.

"Waiting for Sua's command. Just follow my lead."

"What command?" Handong asked.

While Dami got distracted with Handong's taser as she crushed it with her feet, Sua bravely stepped in front Dami.

"What’s she doing?" muttered Yoohyeon.

Tilting her shoulders back, Sua yelled Dami's name. "Dami!" Said girl turned at the shout and saw Sua standing alone.

"Please stop this. You're dying, you’re losing a lot of blood and you need help. If you can't control yourself, we can't help you." Sua said, trying her best to distract Dami from turning around. While Siyeon, Handong and Yoohyeon approached slowly from behind. Dami tilted her head at Sua, before slowly inching towards her while her hands unconsciously flexed. Readying herself to attack she didn’t know. Sua swallowed at the action.

"Dami please. We’re very worried about you. Your friends, Madam Yoona... Matthew." When Sua said Matthew's name, Dami suddenly stopped walking. Her head turned as memories flashed, of her friends and her lover.

"M…Ma-Matt..." Sua heard Dami calling Matthew's name as she thought Dami was trying to fight with the Angel Dust. Dami let out a pained scream as she fell to her knees and the girls stood still unsure what to do.

"We have to help her." Handong couldn't watch her friend suffer as she stepped forward to help but Siyeon stopped her as she gripped her hand.

"Don't, Handong. Sua will handle it."

Dami’s cries came to a sudden stop and Sua lowered herself, slowly approaching her.

"Dami?" Sua carefully came closer to her, her hand going to her shoulder. Centimeters before her fingers touched, Dami lunged at the girl’s neck instantly cutting off air from reaching her lungs.

"N-Now!" Sua gave the command to Siyeon and she pounced towards Dami's left leg and kicked her down. Dami released her grip from Sua's neck and fell down hard on the ground. Before she got up, Handong and Yoohyeon locked both her arms tight.

"Taehyung!" A black blur passed as Taehyung gripped the antidote in his hand.

"Hurry, Taehyung!" said Siyeon. Taehyung skidded on his knees, taking off the protective cover and quickly injected on Dami's abdomen until the last drop. Long tense seconds later, Dami stopped moving and fell unconscious.

"Is the antidote working?" asked Handong. Jooheon also went towards them as he looked down at Dami's condition as well.

"Jooheon, you said we should give her another two doses." Yoohyeon turned to him.

"I can't give her another dose if she doesn't show any sign of reaction," he said as he checked on Dami's pulse and her respiration at her nose.

"She’s still breathing but her pulse is weak. We have to bring her back to the hospital." Handong and Yoohyeon stood up taking a shoulder each as Taehyung and Jooheon took her feet. Taking careful shuffles across the park as they wanted as less movements as they can from Dami’s still bleeding body. As they reached their cars, Sua suddenly stopped walking. Siyeon who was walking behind the group lifting Dami sensed that Sua wasn’t beside her. She turned back to Sua questioningly.

"Sua?" Siyeon went back towards her friend.

"Siyeon, I can't... breath--" Sua fell down on the ground unconscious.

"Sua!"

______________

Siyeon, Handong, Yoohyeon, Taehyung and Jooheon were outside of the emergency room, waiting for Doctor Wendy to walk out and hopefully give them good news about their injured friends. Thirty minutes later, Doctor Wendy walked out from the emergency room and the rest stood up from the bench and approached her.

"How's Sua, doc?" Siyeon asked.

"Thank god you girls sent her just in time. Sua had difficulty breathing because her respiratory tract were constricted. She also had several bruises on her waist and her neck but the bruise on her neck was the main reason she couldn’t breathe," informed Doctor Wendy.

"Dami?" Yoohyeon added.

"As for Dami, I have checked on her and it seems that all the drugs inside her body is gone." Relief flushed throughout the group, happy to hear the good news.

"But..."  Doctor Wendy continued.

"Due to losing too much blood, her abdomen has problem healing. All we need right now is a blood donor."

"Her blood type is A. So, I guess we all can donate some blood to her. Our blood type are A and O," said Handong.

"Yes, she's type A but... negative." It was hard to find someone with negative blood type. As most would have positive blood type more than negative type.

"I'm positive," said Siyeon

"Me too," Handong added.

"I'm negative." They all glanced at Yoohyeon who just told that she was a negative type.

"Take my blood."

Doctor Wendy smiled as she had found a blood donor. There was no need to wait days to weeks to find a match from a blood donor. "Alright, follow me." Yoohyeon followed Doctor Wendy as they walked down the hall.

But then, Doctor Wendy stopped. "Oh yeah. Sua is already awake. You guys can go see her. Her bed is on the right," the doctor said.

"Thanks, doc," said Siyeon.

"You guys go. I'll accompany Yoohyeon," said Jooheon. Siyeon nodded and went inside the room with Taehyung and Handong. They searched for Sua's bed and they found her bed on the third row on the right side. They glanced at Sua' figure as she was breathing through the oxygen mask and she also had some tubes on her chest. Sua saw them coming and she put her small smirk on.

"How do you feel, Sua?" Siyeon asked her. She just showed her thumb up, telling them she was fine. Then, her lips moved as she tried to speak. Taehyung read her lips and he knew that Sua was asking about Dami.

"The antidote is working and Miss Dami is getting better but she lost a lot of blood. Miss Yoohyeon is donating her blood right now," said Taehyung. Sua nodded and felt relieved after hearing the good news. Just then, a young female figure came to Sua's bed and both Siyeon and Handong recognized her.

"Unnie." Chaewon went towards her sister, hugging her as she started sobbing on Sua's chest. At that time, Sua's mother also came in behind her and Siyeon, Handong and Taehyung bowed to her.

"Is Bora okay, Siyeon?" asked Sua's mother.

"She's fine. She just needs some rest," said Siyeon.

Sua's mother felt relieved with the news about her daughter as she glanced at her younger daughter who was still sobbing on her. "Chaewon was worried when we got a call from the hospital that Bora was sent to the emergency room."

Sua heard about Chaewon from her mother. She patted her little sister's head. Chaewon looked up and glanced at her sister. Sua cupped her cheek and wiped her tears away with her thumb.

"Don't...cry..." said Sua softly and smiled calmly at her sister.

"Unnie..." Chaewon nodded as she tried to hold in her tears.

That time, Siyeon spotted that Handong wasn't here. She walked out from the room and saw Handong walking down the hall. "Where are you going, Dongie?" she asked.

"To Jiu's room. I’m reporting this to her," said Handong as she went to the elevators. As the elevator arrived, she went inside and pushed on the ‘4’ button and door closed, going up to level four.

As soon as she arrived, she walked out from the elevator and proceeded to Jiu's room. Stopping in front of her door, she slid the door open and went inside.

"Jiu?" Handong called out Jiu's name but Jiu didn't respond. She walked towards Jiu's bed that was covered by the curtain and saw Jiu wasn't on the bed either. She searched for Jiu's belongings on the bed and the desk but the only thing she found was the hospital garb worn by patients.

"She can't be..."

She ran away from the hospital?

End of Chapter 52.