Chapter 16: Yoobin's Past

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"You what? You're Yoobin? The Nightmare?" Gahyeon was stunned.

"Hehe suprise~" Dami giggled.

"Holy sh--, dang it I almost cursed at you."

"Chill up, kid," said Siyeon.

"I've been waiting for so long for you to come back but you didn't return. If it was because of the accident, you could've come after you recovered but you didn't. Eventually I gave up waiting and quit being a street racer simply because.. well, you didn't show up," Dami shrugged.

"It was not a normal accident that I got. It was different," Dami recalled her past when she was 17 years old...

------------------------

At that time, Dami didn't get into a car accident but she got hit by a car when she was crossing a road. It happened so fast when a car suddenly hit her and upon impact, she flew a few meters away.

"Ouh my god, kid.  Are you alright?!"


"Ouh sh*t! Somebody help!!!"

The sound of sirens from an ambulance started to blare on the street, maneuvering around the cars and crowds gathered where the incident happened. The paramedics and emergency medical technicians came and carefully took the victim up on a gurney and lifted it into the vehicle. They sped through the streets and was quickly brought to the hospital. After they arrived, the girl was rushed to the emergency room. The medical staff in the room quickly examined and assessed her injuries.

"Identify the patient, please," said the doctor in charge.

"Name: Lee Yoobin. Age: 17. Cause of injury: Hit by a car," the nurse identified the girl by looking at her ID found on her person.

"Doctor! She's pregnant!" exclaimed the other nurse.

"What? Bring her to the operation room, now!"

After battling between life and death, the girl survived and had been placed in a patient room. She was unconscious and didn't wake up for a couple of days. Finally, the girl woke up after lengthy few days of recuperating. She slowly opened her eyes and realized she was in an unfamiliar room. 

"Urgh... where am I?" the girl rubbed her head when she felt a little pain. She realized her head was bandaged.

"You finally woke up?" she looked up and saw a woman she didn't know sitting on a chair beside her.

"W- Who are you?" asked the girl.

"Calm down, I will not hurt you. Since you're already awake, I'm going to call the doctor." As soon as the woman said that, she went to find the doctor who's in charge of the patient. A moment later, the woman walked inside the room with the doctor, followed by two nurses behind them.

"Miss Lee Yoobin, welcome back to the land of living," said the doctor.

"H-how long have I been here.. what happened?" asked the girl.

"You got into an accident five days ago."

"Five days? You mean that I've been here for almost a week?" 

"Yes. We were expecting that you'll wake up at least a month from now because you received severe injuries when you were brought in. You had to undergo an operation."

"Ope-- wait, the baby..."

"We are sorry, Miss Yoobin. We couldn't save the baby and another bad news is that the accident effected badly on your body. That is, more specifically on your pregnancy, we are afraid to tell you that..." the doctor's expression changed as he was telling the harsh information to the girl.

"What? What it is?" the girl wanted to know.

"You cannot get pregnant again. I'm sorry Miss Yoobin," Yoobin bit her lips after she heard the news from the doctor. 

"Does the baby have a father?" the innocent girl shook her head.

"We tried to contact your parents but--"

"I don't have parents," said the girl shortly.

"We didn't contact anyone but this woman came and said that she was your aunt." The doctor pointed at the woman that the girl didn't recognized. She thought it might be because of the incident and the injury on her head that she couldn't remember.

"Well ma'am. If no major effect happens to Yoobin, I guess she can leave this Saturday." said the doctor to the unknown woman.

"Thank you so much, doctor," said the woman. The doctor and the nurses ambled out of the room.

"You heard that, you can go home this weekend," the woman told the girl. The young woman didn't give any reaction to the news.

"Hey, what's wrong? You don't look so happy," asked the woman.

"How can I be happy. My parents passed away when I was kid. My only grandma that I knew and took care of me is already gone. I got pregnant by a man who disappeared from the face of the earth after he me and left me like rubbish. I got hit by a car and I lost my baby and... I can't be pregnant anymore. Why do bad things always happen to me?!" 

The innocent girl covered her face as she wailed. The woman hugged her, felt sympathy for a girl who didn't have a good life since she was born. She wanted to help her find a good life that she never had.

"Listen, kid. I'm not your aunt or your relative. I came here 'cause I want to help you."

"What?" The girl was curious.

"I have to go now but here is my card. After you go home this Saturday, just call this number," The woman stood up and walked to the door.

"About your hospital bill, I will pay it. Don't worry." The woman turned back and walked out of the room. The girl looked at the card that had the name of the lady and the company she worked in.

"Madam Yoona. NiTE Agency."

After the girl left the hospital, she went to her small house. She sat on the couch and tried to relax her mind after a hectic and emotionally draining couple of days. While lying her head back on the couch, she remembered the card the woman gave her at the hospital. She was hesitating to make the call with someone she didn't know. But on a good point, the woman helped  pay her bills when she was in the hospital. Mind made up, she grabbed her phone and dialed the agency's phone number. She waited for someone to answer and finally someone picked up the phone. 

"Hello?"

"Hello, Miss Lee Yoobin."

"H- how did you know it's me?"

"I'm already waiting for you, Yoobin. In about 10 seconds, my agents will come to your house and they will take you to the agency. Don't panic. I'm not gonna kidnap you. I just want to help you. They've already arrived at your house," The woman ended the call.

Just in time, someone was briskly knocking on the front door. She went to the door without hesitation and opened it. She saw two girls in black suits standing on her doorstep.

"You already called Madam Yoona, right?" said the red haired girl.

"Come with us. She wants to see you," said the other girl who was a little shorter than her. They took her to the black van where there were three other girls inside with the same clothes as the first two girls wore. They went somewhere in an unknown part of the city to the girl. She didn't speak or ask any questions. She just hoped that she will be alright.

A few tense period of time later, they arrived at their destination. The girls got out of the van one by one. Looking around the area, she saw a big building and people who were wearing the same formal black suits just like the girls that took her to the location. 

"Alright, Yoobin. Let's go," said the red haired girl. The girls gathered around her as they led her inside the building. Along the way, she was curious why other workers bowed at the group when they passed by. Then, they went inside the elevator and the red haired girl pushed the button up to level 9. The innocent girl still didn't say anything and she felt anxious and she showed by biting on her finger and was afraid on what was going to happen.

"You okay?" said the girl whose face looked like some sort of wolf. The innocent girl just nodded.

"It's alright, Madam Yoona is a good person," she repeated.

After arriving at level 9, the girls took the innocent girl to the woman who was waiting for the girl. The woman was found sitting on the couch when they arrived.

"Hello, Lee Yoobin. Thanks for coming." said  Madam Yoona.

"What do you want from me?"

"Like I said, I just want to help you. I want you to become an agent."

"What?"

"Look Yoobin. Actually, I have already known off you for a long time. I sent these girls to follow your daily routine. That's why I asked you to come. I want to help you."

"It's been seventeen years that I've been living without getting any help from anyone. They don't know how I feel. They just think that I'm a wild kid. Always breaking laws and do some dangerous things like race on the streets. I did that because I needed money for my scholarship and for my future. I don't care sh*t about my safety and I at least get what I want. Now, you show up and say you want to help me. Why?!"

"Because... I can feel your sadness inside your heart. On the exterior, people think of you as a girl who don't have any feelings. A girl without any emotions. Who just lives by and not caring about anyone. But inside, you beg for someone to understand  you. Every day and every night you are crying and praying for God to hear your pleas, waiting for a miracle. And now, God hears your prayer and your wish has come true."  The girl was silent. She didn't know what to speak.

"Join us, Yoobin. Be an agent," the red haired girl tried to comfort the girl.

"I don't know anything about being an agent," said the girl.

"You had learned kendo before, and your skills of being a street racer can be used for missions. So, what do you say? You want to join us?" asked Madam Yoona.

"I will," finally the girl made her decision.

"Alright," Madam Yoona smiled. "You're now officially an agent of the NiTE agency and these girls are your team." Madam Yoona introduced the rest of the girls.

"Hi, I'm Jiu and I'm the leader." said the red haired girl.

"I'm Sua" said the short girl.

"Siyeon." said the wolf face girl.

"I'm Handong." said the chinese girl

"And I'm Yoohyeon." said the tallest girl.

"I should give you a new name because the name Yoobin doesn't fit you. What about Dami?" Madam Yoona suggested.

"Okay," the girl agreed.

"Welcome to the NiTE Agency, Agent Dami." 

That's how Dami became an agent and after that, she became one of the top elite agents of the agency. Her life changed since she become an agent. She quit being a street racer and she lived in a big house that was twice the size bigger than her house that she lived before. She had a man that took care of her although he didn't care about her deficiency and loved her enough that they couldn't wait to get married. She could finally feel how people can have a good life.

-----------------------

"What do you mean different?" Gahyeon asked.

"You know what, Gahyeon. It doesn't matter. If you want to have a race with me, we can do it during weekends." Dami made an offer Gahyeon couldn't refuse.

"Of course, I want it! I will beat you and end your winning streak," claimed Gahyeon confidently.

"Haha, I want to see you try," Dami laughed.

"I really don't want to remember about my past again," Dami thought.

End Of Chapter 16.