Chapter 24: Exposed

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"Madam Yoona, I can explain..."

"There is no need, Agent Dami."

"Madam, please don't blame Dami. She's was just trying to do her job," Jiu tried to back-up her member.

Madam Yoona turned her palms up, signalling them to be quiet and halting other exclaims from other members. "No, I don't blame her at all. I'm proud of her."

"W-what?" all the girls turned to each other, surprise on their faces. If they were playing the guessing game, they would have never thought what Madam Yoona just said. Not in a million years.

"Come on, let's move in the meeting room." Madam Yoona turned to Dami, giving her a small smile, "And bring your camera." The girls followed their boss towards the meeting room while Dami went and grabbed her camera from her office, sighing in relief and thanking all the gods she knew. Everyone was settling in their seats when Dami arrived. Passing the camera to Madam Yoona, she immediately took an empty seat.

Madam Yoona started, "Yesterday, I went to the police station with Agent Mino and Agent Jimin to participate on the investigation conducted on the gangsters. What information the police was able to get from the gangsters are that they are just... 'common' gangsters, they collect money and destroy everything. Not even a squeak was heard about the drugs they were supposed to be arrested for. They are definitely hiding it from the police."

"Maybe because they've already been told by their boss to not speak about their drug activities?" asked Sua.

"It's possible. When asked about it they claimed no knowledge of any drug activities. But, when I showed them the drugs, their face expression changed."

"I'm guessing they recognized their drugs," Handong spoke up.

"Yes, but we don't have enough evidence against them to make an arrest," Madam Yoona exhaled loudly. "So they had been released from custody today."

"Just like that?" Siyeon was not satisfied with the outcome towards the gangsters.

"We don't have any proof to hold against them. They're taking the point this round."

Jiu sat up instantly, inputting a way to get the gangsters arrested. "But the photos! They should be enough as evidence to arrest them and their boss with the photos that agent Dami took yesterday," Jiu said to her boss. Madam Yoona switched on the camera and scrolled through the photos. Seeing all the pictures Dami was able to capture.

"I think these photos will be strong enough as evidence about their drug activities. Tonight, I will send the other agents to scour to all the nightclubs around the city. Agent Mino and Agent Jimin will lead the mission tonight."

"We will complete this mission and catch the head of the gangsters that make these drugs," said Jiu confidently.

"But ma'am, what about Gahyeon? She knows our real identities now," enquired Sua. 

"About her... I will erase her memory after our mission is done."

"Erase her memory?!" the girls exclaimed.

"Wow.. Gahyeon was right. We really are like in the 'Men in Black' movie," Yoohyeon recalled the moment when she met Gahyeon for the first time. Gahyeon practically called her that once she saw them in black suits.

"You cannot be serious, ma'am. How are we gonna erase her memory?" asked Dami.

"There's a machine called 'MEnH' in the laboratory but it hasn't been used for a long time so I'm not sure whether it is still working or not. But I think it's the best way to protect our identity as spy agents. We can't let anyone know about our true identities or it will be extremely risky for us and people we are close with."

"So right now, we just let Gahyeon and her family know about us?" Siyeon thought out loud.

"I already warned her not to tell anyone including her family," implied Dami.

"Did you scold her? She's still a ing innocent kid!" Yoohyeon stood up as she yelled at Dami.

"Calm the down, tree!" Sua pulled  Yoohyeon back to her seat.

"Girls, Madam Yoona is with us right now, so...MIND YOUR LANGUAGE!" Jiu scolded her members.

"Enough!" Madam Yoona sighed, pinching the nose of her bridge in exasperation. "It's like I'm taking care of six naughty but beautiful children in this agency." Madam Yoona rubbed her head, feeling an oncoming headache. 

"Ma'am. You are taking care of six kids right now. You took us in remember?" said Siyeon.

"And they're also clever too," Madam Yoona mumbled.

"We are clever! Except namu," Handong pointed at Yoohyeon and chuckled.

"What?! Okay I admit that I'm not clever, but at least I can take care of myself. Dami also knows it, right Da..." Yoohyeon looked at Dami who was dozing on the table because of her lack of sleep yesterday night.

"It's my first time seeing Dami sleep during a meeting. Yoohyeon, did you affect your 'sleeping virus' on her?" Sua glared accusingly at Yoohyeon.

"Why does everybody always blame me?!"

Jiu laughed. "'Cause you can sleep anywhere. During meetings, work and also missions. Madam Yoona also knows about it," said Jiu as she pointed to Madam Yoona who nodded her head in confirmation.

"There's a time that she doesn't sleep. Noon," Jiu added.

"Why?" asked Siyeon.

"Because it's lunch time and Yoohyeon will be the first one to go to the cafeteria," Jiu grinned.

"Food is important to me. I love food!" said Yoohyeon.

"When will you have a boyfriend, tree?" Sua asked Yoohyeon about her relationship. She tried to speak but Handong interrupted.

"She already fell in love with someone."

"Who?" all the girls were curious.

"Jooheon, the cute scientist that came to our headquarter two days ago."

"I'm not falling in love with him. Never ever," Yoohyeon tried to disagree.

"Then, why is your face turning red right now?" Sua teased Yoohyeon who was blushing.

"I-I...caught a fever just now!" Yoohyeon hid her face and ran away from the meeting room. The girls and Madam Yoona laughed as they watched Yoohyeon's funny behavior.

"So, for today since Dami is already sleeping in here, you girls will work a half-day for today and we will meet again next week, understood?" Madam Yoona clarified.

"Yes ma'am," said the girls.

"You girls are dismissed and have a nice weekend," Madam Yoona walked out of the meeting room and left the girls alone.

"Yeah!" Handong shouted. Dami jerked awake from her loud voice.

"Huh? What happened? Did I fall asleep? Wait...  Where's Madam Yoona?" asked Dami with her eyes half-opened.

"She already left and thanks to you, we get to go home early," Sua smiled and patted Dami's back.

"W-what did I do?" Dami looked around confused as the other members left the room one by one.

--------------------

Siyeon was in her office, arranging all the files and data in her computer. Busy with her work, she was brought out of her focus by her message ringing from her phone. She picked up her phone and checked who sent the message.

From: Taehyung

"Are you not going for
lunch?"

From:Siyeon

"I'm too busy with my work but
I will go after I finish it."

"Don't work too hard, you're
still injured"

"I know, my sweet Taetae.
Don't worry."

------------------

"He always worry too much... " Siyeon smirked a little and put her phone on the desk and continued her work.

At Cafeteria.

"Siyeon no joining for lunch today?" Jiu asked her friends while they were enjoying their lunch together.

"Nope, she's still with her work," said Dami.

"We better buy some lunch for her. She's still injured, remember?" Handong reminded them about Siyeon's condition.

"I know, I will buy some later," said Sua.

As the girls were going back to the C9, they walked in front of Siyeon's office and seeing through her windows showed she was still not done with her work yet. The all went into her office to see Siyeon.

"And she's still not going to lunch." Yoohyeon announced to the room as they came inside her office.

"Sorry, I'm so busy today. Didn't have much time to go," Siyeon looked up from her computer.

"Here, I brought your lunch. Now that you're busy and injured to boot I'm taking pity on you. I know you can't refuse your favourite octopus," Sua winked, placing the lunch box on Siyeon's desk.

"Thanks Sua," Siyeon smiled at her in gratitude.

"You're gonna eat after you're done with your work, right?" Jiu felt worry about Siyeon.

"Yeah-yeah, I will. Damn, you're all such worrying types just like..." Siyeon suddenly cut off her words as she remembered Taehyung, who was also worrying about her. But, she didn't want to tell them about Taehyung just yet.

"Like who?" nudged Jiu.

"Nothing, forget it." 

"Of course we worry about you especially when you're such in a bad condition right now. If you still haven't recovered, who's gonna go with Taehyung this weekend?" Yoohyeon reminded about Siyeon's date night this weekend.

"W-wait, what?"

"Don't you remember? Taehyung asked if he could hang out with you this weekend."

"Ouh about that... I will tell him later."

"You're always being so cold all the time. Even when Taehyung asked you out, you didn't even give any reaction except being chic and tried to refuse." said Jiu.

"But these days, I see that you and Taehyung are a lot closer than before. We all know that you didn't meet or even speak to any men after Hongbin passed away. But, when Taehyung came and recruited as an agent, you've changed," added Yoohyeon.

"Pfft changed?"

"Yeah, you felt comfortable talking to him when he approached you. Not like senior to a junior but like more than that," spoke Handong.

"Like boyfriend and girlfriend? Guys, he's just giving respect because I'm his mentor and we as a mentor, must give some motivation and good examples for the newbies. If Taehyung and I have a relationship, you girls will be shocked and screaming like a teenager who got like an iPhone X for their birthday gift, right?"

"No... But if you do, that's gonna be a surprising news for us," said Dami.

"And I think one of you will tell everyone in this building," they all turned their heads and looked at Jiu.

"We're gonna shut Jiu's mouth first," said Yoohyeon and they agreed with her.

"I will not shut my mouth!" Jiu quickly got out from Siyeon's office and ran away from them.

"Girls, catch her!" Sua and the others were hot on her tails as they chased. Except for Dami who casually glanced behind her to see them disappear around the corner.

"Why am I working with these ing dorks," Dami shook her head and calmly walked out of Siyeon's office.

The time was already 2 p.m. and the girls were ready to go home early. They were all getting out from their office except for Siyeon. Sua opened the door and she saw Siyeon still busy with her work as the last time they checked up on her.

"Hey, you're not going home?" asked Sua.

"I will stay here for awhile," informed Siyeon.

"Then, who's gonna pick you up?"

"I'm driving today," Siyeon lied as she didn't want Sua waiting for her.

"Okay if you say so. See ya and don't work too hard."

"I know." Sua closed the door and jogged to the elevator where her members were waiting for her.

"Where's Siyeon?" Yoohyeon asked when she didn't see one of her members.

"She said that she's gonna stay in the office for awhile."

"She's always more focused on her work than her health," said Handong.

"By the way, don't forget. We still have to be the Lee's bodyguards." remained Jiu to them.

"Ouh yeah, but how are we gonna face them especially Gahyeon who already knows about us?" asked Dami.

"There's one way to find out when we get there." As the elevator went down to ground level, they all got out and walked to the main entryway of the building.

"At 5 o'clock, we must be there."

"Alright. See ya." The girls separated and went to their separate vehicles to travel. Sua walked to her car at the parking lot and unlocked it. She went in and started the engine as she drove back to her house.

Not long after, she arrived at her house and parked her car at the side of the driveway. She didn't park inside her garage because she would be going out again for her bodyguard mission. She got out of her car and locked it. As she was walking to her front gate, she heard her name being called out.

"Bora," she heard someone calling her. She turn her head around and saw a man was in front of her house.

"Y-you... "

"Long time no see, Bora."

"What do you want, Hyunwoo? We don't have any connection anymore. Why are you here and how did you find me?!" Sua's face contorted in this sudden unexpected encounter.

"It doesn't matter how I found you. We need to talk."

"No! After all you had done to me, I still can't forgive you. Go away, now!"

"Bora, please--,"

"I said go!" Suddenly, an unknown car approached in front of Sua's house. The driver got out of the car as he saw Sua with a stranger that he didn't know.

"Sua, are you alright? Who is this guy?

"Jimin, help me! He's trying to approach me!" Sua exclaimed.

Jimin turned to the third party, who was causing uneasiness on Sua. "Sir, it will be great if you please go now." Jimin asked nicely for Hyunwoo to leave the vicinity.

"Who are you trying to stop me?" But Hyunwoo still didn't want to leave.

"I'm just a regular guy who sees a woman who is uncomfortable in the presence of another. Unless you go, I will be contacting the police."

Hyunwoo turned to Sua, "Oh, so you got a bodyguard now, Bora. Okay I will go but I will meet you again." Hyunwoo left them and walked away. The two left were glad it did not cause any more trouble.

"Are you okay, Sua?" asked Jimin.

"Yeah, thanks. How did you know I lived here?"

"My house is just a couple of blocks from your house. I didn't know we live in the same neighborhood," Jimin chuckled.

"Me too, maybe I'm not too sociable with all the neighbours here. But..."

"What's wrong?"

"Come on, let's go inside," Sua invited Jimin into her house. She unlocked the door and went inside. Jimin closed it and turned to Sua who took off her blazer and loosened her tie. After that, she plopped on the couch.

"I can't believe he's looking for me!" Sua whimpered feeling stress on what just happened.

"That guy? Jimin sat on the couch beside her. Sua reached inside her pocket and grabbed her cigarette box and lighter. She took out a cigarette and lit it up. About to put the cigarette to , she then realized that Jimin was beside her. Too late to turn back time, he now knows about Sua's smoking habit.

"I'm sorry, Jimin," Sua pointed it out with her cigarette.

"It's okay. If it can release your tension, then go on. I won't be a bother." Sua inhaled and exhaled the smoke through .

"So tell me. Do you know him?"

"Actually... I know. More than anyone else I guess. He's...my ex husband..."

End Of Chapter 24.