Chapter 9: Snooping

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

1523552fefa23d93244263474771.jpg

Dami and Siyeon arrived at the grocery store where they have to buy the ingredients for dinner. Before they went to the store, they already changed their formal clothes to leisure ones so they wouldn't receive awkward stares from strangers.

Dami grabbed the trolley and pushed it through the main entrance of the shop. Siyeon looked at the list that Mrs. Lee gave to them. She picked the ingredients accordingly and put them in the trolley.

"Don't miss one ingredient, Siyeon." said Dami.

"I know, dude." said Siyeon while still checking the list.

Dami scanned her surrounding and she realized some strangers were keeping their eyes on Siyeon, like they had some problem with her.

"Who the hell do they think they are, staring people like that," Dami mumbled to herself.
---------------------

Jiu, Yoohyeon and Gahyeon finally arrived in front of the house. Gahyeon got out from the car and ran into the house while responsible Yoohyeon have to pick up Gahyeon's bag.

"Damn, who is coming home today, actually?" Yoohyeon nagged and brought the bag into the house. Jiu locked the car and went into the house.

"Mom, I'm home!" Gahyeon shouted as she ran into the living room.

"I'm here, sweetie." said Mrs Lee from the kitchen. Gahyeon ran to get to the kitchen and hugged her mother very tightly.

"I miss you, mommy" said Gahyeon. Her mother chuckled, and kissed her daughter's forehead as she also missed her a lot.

"By the way, sweetie. Did you already meet these two beautiful ladies that picked you up at the airport?" said Mrs Lee to her daughter.

"Yep, they look like the characters in the 'Men in Black' movie." teased Gahyeon.

"I told you, we are not working with the aliens." Yoohyeon replied exasperatedly. She's almost mad at that little prankster.

"Come on, Namu. She just joking." Jiu chuckled as she tried to calm Yoohyeon down.

"Namu? Tree? A Walking tree? Can I put a swing on your branch?" Gahyeon teased Yoohyeon. Like how Dami always used to do.

"I think she and Dami have the same mind." said Jiu.

"Don't forget Sua." added Yoohyeon.

—–——————

"So Mr Lee, where should we go to next?" said Sua.

"Just go to my office, my co-worker will guide me to his car." said Mr Lee.

"Are you guys okay at the back?" Mr Lee said to Handong and Xiumin who were at the back but they didn't talk to each other.

"Mr Lee, why do I have to sit at the back?" asked Handong. She was curious and her face was cherry red while sitting next to Xiumin.

"Ouh. Its because I have carsick. I can't sit at the back for too long." reasoned Mr Lee. Sua secretly showed her thumbs up to Mr Lee as they hid their snickering.

"Right now, I'm the one that is getting carsick." Handong mumbled.

"Its okay, I'm here." Xiumin suddenly tried to calm Handong down but it made Handong's heart feel like it's going to explode!
—————————

"The total is 40 dollars, miss." said the cashier. While Siyeon was paying the fee, Dami was glaring at the strangers who was still holding their gazes on Siyeon.

"Dami, let's go." shocked, she didn't realise that Siyeon was done paying.

"Uh- yeah okay." said Dami. She pushed the trolley out of the grocery store. They walked to the car and unlocked the bonnet. Dami was putting the ingredients into the bonnet when suddenly Siyeon started jogging back to the store.

"Yah! Where are you going?!" shouted Dami.

"I forgot to buy my coca-cola." said Siyeon and ran into the store.

"Sheez..." After Dami was done putting the plastic bags into the bonnet, she opened the car door and waited for Siyeon at the driver's seat.

5 minutes later, Siyeon walked out from the store with her cold canned drink. She was walking to the car when suddenly she was grabbed from behind and covered by some stranger. They took her into a narrow street so people can't see them.

"Are you sure that she's the one that knocked you guys out?" asked one of the strangers.

"Yeah, she was so fast when she attacked us." said another stranger.

"Let me go, you ing assh*le!" Siyeon tried to release from their grip but they were too strong and her still unrecovered left hand was hurting.

"You're the one that made our gang have broken jaws and you think we will let you go? You'll be sorry that you messed with us. We are gangsters and we rule this area." Siyeon saw the tattoos on their hands and she remembered that it's the same tattoo the mafia had that shot Hongbin and her two years ago.

"Besides, who's gonna help you now?" The gangsters laughed evilly.

"I am!!!" They swivelled their heads towards the voice and found a person holding a kendo stick.

"Dami!" yelled Siyeon.

"You're just a girl and we have six guys. You think you can beat us?" The gangster showed superiority that they are able to beat the girls.

"I think my 'little friend' can beat your up. She's hungry for sh*tty people like you," Dami spat.

"You ing b*tch. Get her!" shouted one of the gangster to their gang members. They ran to Dami but she reacted fast. They got smashed hard by her kendo stick. Three of them already knocked down.

While the others were distracted, Siyeon took the chance as she kicked one of the gangster's private part and stomach. 5 of 6 gangsters knocked down, left one gangster alone. He tried to run away but Siyeon kicked his back when he turned. He fell down face first to the ground and Siyeon and Dami walked up to him, seeing the 'bad' gangster writhing on the dirty ground. Siyeon held him down with her foot on the ground, eliminating any chance of him escaping.

"Now, just answer my question. If it's wrong. You get one hit by that kendo stick. If you ask me a question, you will get twice the hit, understand?" said Siyeon.

"What the hell are you taking about!?" the man yelled at them.

"You gave a question. You know what to do, Dami." Siyeon looked at her friend. Dami hit the man twice with her kendo stick and he felt the pain rise increasingly and painfully along his back.

"Now, answer my question. Your gang members are the ones who sold drugs around here?"

"Hell no!"

"Wrong answer. Your turn, Dami." Dami hit the man once. The man cried out.

"Okay, yes!" said the man after he got hit so bad.

"You should have told me the answer. Wasn't it easy?.. Another question, your boss was first working in the mafia gang before right?"

"I don't know!"

"Dami.." She hit the man once again. The man was already in a bad condition.

"I really don't know, maybe yes. Please don't hit me again!" The man begged at Siyeon and Dami.

"Last question, where is your hideout?"

"I can't tell you. Please don't hit me with that ing stick!"

"You gave the wrong answer so--"

"Dami, it's okay." said Siyeon. Out of sudden, she kicked the man's face. The force was so strong the man flipped on his back. Whimpering on his bruised back, they can already see a cut on his face.

"You still don't want to tell?" Siyeon sat on the man, grabbing his collar.

"No!" yelled that man. Siyeon hit her fist on the man's face. He almost went unconscious but Siyeon wasn't letting him.

"Tell me!" now Siyeon shook him but he shook his head as he was too stubborn to tell. Siyeon punched him again and again until his face was covered with blood.

"Siyeon, enough!" Dami tried to pull Siyeon away from that gangster. It's hard to get Siyeon to stop especially when she was angry. Siyeon continually punching him again and again.

"Stop it, Siyeon! He's already had enough!" Siyeon finally stopped after Dami begged. She stood up and walked away without turning back. Dami followed her as they silently went into the car.

"What just happened, Siyeon." said Dami as she put her kendo stick on the back seat. Siyeon didn't say anything but her tears started to fall down.

"Dude, why you crying right now?" Dami was getting confused with Siyeon but she tried to calm her friend down.

"I know them. I recognized the tattoo. It's the same tattoo that I saw before Hongbin and I got shot!"

"What? Why you didn't tell us about this before!?" asked Dami but Siyeon can't answer. She couldn't stop crying

"Okay, never mind. But.. we have to tell the others about it," informed Dami. She started the engine and drove back to the Lee's house.

End Of Chapter 9.