Chapter 30: Release From Sins

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"Before that, let us introduce ourselves first. I'm Jiu."

"I'm Sua."

"My name is Handong"

"I'm Yoohyeon."

"And Dami."

"We have another agent but she couldn't come due to her injury," added Jiu. 

"She's Siyeon unnie. You don't see her much even if she's not sick," Gahyeon mumbled.

"Well, she's actually unwell, Gahyeon," Jiu cut in.

"Before we start this interrogation, Agent Dami, did you bring your camera?" asked Madam Yoona directed the question to Dami. 

"Yeah and the projector is already on." Dami gave the projector controller to Madam Yoona. She plugged the projector cable to a laptop and afterwards connected her camera through the USB.

"Madam Yoona," Handong raised her hand. 

"Yes, Agent Handong?"

"Can I be excluded from this investigation?"

"Why?" 

"I think this bruise is becoming worse since yesterday," Handong pulled up her top and showed the bruise on her waist that she received from Hyungwon's unintended attack. 

"Woah Dongie, that looks horrible. You have to meet Doctor Wendy right now," said Yoohyeon.

"Okay Agent Handong, you can go now," Madam Yoona dismissed Handong. 

"Thank you, ma'am," Handong bowed before walking out of the room. She decided to use the emergency exit as Doctor Wendy's room was just below room 7. She quickly went to the doctor's room and opened the door to see Doctor Wendy jotting down notes on her office desk. She looked up as she heard the door opening and watched as Handong entered her office.

"Good Morning Agent Handong. I thought today is your day off," Doctor Wendy greeted.

"Hey Wendy. The girls and I have something to do," Handong closed the door. 

"So, made you come and see me today?" She got up from the chair as Handong sat on the bed. 

"This," She ed her white shirt and showed the deep bruise on her waist.

"What the... How did you get this big bruise?" Doctor Wendy asked in shock.

"Hard to explain but is it bad?"

"Luckily you came here just in time. The blood that is trapped underneath the layer of skin is already in a critical condition which also makes it really painful."

"It does not hurt that much," Handong intoned.

"Really?" Doctor Wendy suddenly poked in the middle of the bruise to test her claim.

Handong jumped, "Ouch! Why did you do that?!" Handong groaned in pain.

"You said it doesn't hurt. I just want to make sure if you really don't feel any pain at all."

"That's before you try to touch it. Now it hurts like hell!" Handong exclaimed. Doctor Wendy went to medicine shelf and took out a little bottle of liquid inside. She took a syringe and drew in the medicine from the bottle.

"Stay still," Doctor Wendy instructed. She lightly held Handong's waist and injected near Handong's bruise.

"I just injected some medicine to prevent any more pain you might feel but you still have to put more ice on that."

Handong sagged in relief, "Fuh...I thought I had to undergo surgery." She buttoned her shirt back and tucked in her clothes.

"Pfft nope. By the way, did you girls go home early yesterday except for Siyeon?"

"Yeah. She told us that she wasn't finish with her work yet so she didn't go home with us."

"Well, I guess you girls don't know about what happened to her yesterday." 

"What happened to her yesterday?" Handong looked at Doctor Wendy seriously, as she wanted to know what happened.

____________

The atmosphere in room 7 can only be described as tense. The investigation had started and Hyungwon was sitting rigidly, feeling uncomfortable the whole time. But with Gahyeon by his side, he felt a little calm as she held his hand under the table. He was answering all the questions the Dreamcatcher and Madam Yoona asked.

"So when did you start working with them?" asked Madam Yoona.

"Four months ago. My job was to deliver the ingredients and packages. I was not involved in making any of the drugs," Hyungwon answered truthfully, hoping that they trusted his answer. She turned to Dami and she nodded her head. Dami nodded back and immediately showed the photos on the screen from the laptop through the projector.

"So, in this footage; is it the place where the drugs were processed and made?" Madam Yoona pointed to the projector.

"Yeah, inside an abandoned nightclub. How did you get all the photos?"

Madam Yoona answered straightforwardly, "Agent Dami got information from your mother about the gangsters activities. That they've been walking in and out of the narrow street beside the abandoned nightclub."

"My mom?" Hyungwon was taken aback.

"She told me before about that and that's why I went there to get proof," Dami spoke up.

"Wait, I remember that day..." He recalled.

I was in the van and was waiting for my group to come out. Suddenly, I saw a woman in black hoodie and cap walk around with a camera in her hands. I thought she was just a tourist but then, I saw that she was hiding behind the wall and took photos of them without them noticing. I was about to go out and approach her but I saw another girl came in from behind and interrupted her and they ended up arguing about something. She took the girl with her and they drove away in a car.

"Actually oppa, that was me who interrupted Dami unnie's work. I got her undercover exposed and the gangsters probably saw her," said Gahyeon.

"They were talking about her in the van but they didn't saw her face clearly because of her cap. They only recognized her blonde hair." 

"Well, I guess my cap saved me but I have to change my hair colour now," Dami touched her blonde hair.

"Oh oh! I think red suits you," Yoohyeon commented.

"Like Jiu's hair? Nah, I think her hair colour is too bright. I will think about it later."

"So Hyungwon, does your boss ever come to the nightclub?" Jiu continued the investigation.

"The last time he went there was about two months ago. He told the others about changing our delivery schedule. On weekends, we were supposed to send the supplies at midnight but it changed to morning, delivered around 5 a.m."

"Is there any reason why he changed the time?" said Sua. 

"No, he didn't tell us why," Hyungwon shook his head.

"About the drugs that you took, was it compulsory to take it?" asked Yoohyeon.

"Yes, to avoid us from being tired when we worked."

"How did you end up being out of control?" Yoohyeon added.

"When I told them I wanted to quit, they disagreed and I was forced to take more drugs, way more than the amount I took before."

"So they were coerced you?" said Dami.

"When we arrived at your house, we saw that there was something wrong with you. Your eyes were red and your nervous system was showing all over your body. We don't know what you did to Handong because she was already on the floor unconscious but the bruise she showed just now was terrible," Jiu explained.

"Was I the one who hurt her?" Hyungwon didn't know about his actions then.

"You don't remember?" He shook his head when Sua asked him.

"Now the drugs is already showing that it's too dangerous for people. Is there any more information you know about the drugs, and maybe your boss?" Madam Yoona asked him.

"All I know that he is called L and he was once a member of the mafia but the group dispersed after the leader of the mafia and some others were captured except for him and 2 other members of the mafia group." As Hyungwon told them about his boss' past, Madam Yoona opened her briefcase and took out some photos, all consisting of an unknown man that had been taken from security cameras and some old news coverage.

"Does his face look like this?" she passed the photos to Hyungwon.

"Y-yeah that's L. How did you know him?"

"Actually the girls and I have been searching for him for a long time. He had shot two of my agents when they and other agents were doing their mission. And one of the agents who got shot was Agent Siyeon," Madam Yoona recalled.

"Siyeon unnie?" Gahyeon was shocked.

"She and her boyfriend got shot by him. Luckily, Siyeon survived from the gunshot but not her boyfriend. She was devastated and upset with her loss until one day, she disappeared for one year, gone without contacting us and we couldn't find her anyywhere," said Jiu.

"Then, she came back out of the blue to continue her duty, like she hadn't disappeared off of the face of the earth," added Dami.

"She didn't tell you where she went?" asked Gahyeon.

"We didn't want to get involved with her problem. But, we're glad that she finally showed herself after disappearing for so long," spoke Sua.

"Siyeon unnie is a strong girl."

"Yes she is, Gahyeon," said Yoohyeon.

"So, I think that's all that we want to know and you've already given us valid proof to arrest this group and also capture L." Madam Yoona ended the investigation as she already gained enough information about the gangsters, drugs and also the leader, L. 

"But, I still have to go to the police, right?" Hyungwon asked timidly.

"Let's just say that you are released from the sins that you did. After we capture the culprit, we will erase your record and data about any involvement with the gangsters," the words that came from Madam Yoona made Hyungwon surprised.

"What?" he's confused.

"Hyungwon, I know that you're good person. You need to get money for your mom's surgery, right?" Madam Yoona knew about Hyungwon's mom who was suffering from sickness that she had. She took out a small envelope from her coat and gave it to Hyungwon.

"Here, I think this is enough for your mom's surgery. I owe you for the info and this is the only way I can pay you back." Hyungwon opened the envelope and saw a check that wrote 6 thousand dollars on it. Happy tears started to stream down his face. He was so relieved that he could finally pay for his mom's surgery.

"Thank you..." Gahyeon patted his back as he hugged her tightly and he held still, sobbing on her shoulder. The girls left the couple and Madam Yoona inside as they walked out of the room. Then, they saw Handong who was back from Doctor Wendy's room. 

"Yo Dongie, you're back. How's the bruise," asked Yoohyeon.

"There's something more important than this bruise. Wendy told me that Siyeon collapsed and was unconscious yesterday, after she finished her job."

"What?!" all of them exclaimed.

"At the reception. She said that it was because of her wound. The stitches had opened and she lost some blood."

"Damn it, she was not supposed to go to work yesterday. We have to go to her house right now." said Jiu and the girls collectively agreed and went to the carpark. They got into their vehicles and went to Siyeon's house.

Siyeon's House. 

Siyeon and Taehyung was still sleeping in the bedroom as it was still their off day. A few minutes later, Taehyung woke up and got up from bed while Siyeon was still in her dreamworld. Seeing her still in her beauty sleep made Taehyung smirk as he patted her hair and kissed her forehead while she slept peacefully.

He walked out of the bedroom and went to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast. He took out the ingredients from the fridge and thought of what he was going to cook. Suddenly, someone had rang the doorbell from the front door.

"Who's coming here in the morning?" spoke Taehyung. He walked to the door as the doorbell kept ringing. 

"Yeah-yeah I'm coming," Taehyung unlocked the door and opened it and he immediately froze seeing the girls at the front porch.

"Siyeon, are you-- Taehyung?!" Jiu and the others were shocked when they saw Taehyung in front of them. 

"Oh-oh." 

"What the hell are you doing in Siyeon's house?" Sua and the girls gathered in front Taehyung as he backed away, starting to get afraid of them.

"I-I can explain."

"Explain what?!" Yoohyeon and the others were boiling up.

"Taehyung, who's at the door?" Siyeon called Taehyung and went to the living room as she just woke up from hearing the door bell. She went around the corner and saw her friends looming over Taehyung.

"Siyeon!" 

"Why did you girls come to my house in the morning? And why are all of you wearing suits today? I thought it's an off day." Siyeon squinted her eyes, still feeling sleepy.

"We just got back from headquarters... but forget that, why the hell is Taehyung doing in your house?" asked Handong. 

"Errr... " Siyeon woke up in an instant and found that she couldn't speak as her secret was exposed.

"Siyeon, are you trying to hide your relationship from us?" asked Sua. 

"I think our secret's finally out, right Siyeon?" said Taehyung.

"I'm not trying to hide anything from you girls. I just want to tell you girls later but I guess someone already told you," Siyeon deadpanned.

"It wasn't me, not this time," Jiu held up her hands.

"Doctor Wendy told me about you collapsing at the lobby yesterday but I didn't ask who helped you 'cause after hearing u collapsing I quickly ran out and told the others," said Handong.

"He did, he helped me," Siyeon pointed at Taehyung. "Oh, and also Matthew," she added. 

"Matt? So he already knew about you and Taehyung?" asked Dami.

"At first, he didn't but when he saw us,  he reacted the same as you girls. The cat got his tongue," Taehyung laughed.

"That's why you and Taehyung are getting more closer than before," Yoohyeon smirked.

"Our Siyeon finally opened her heart to someone. Does everyone have a tissue?" Sua teased.

"Why you act like-- argh!" Siyeon suddenly groaned in pain. 

"Siyeon!" Taehyung rushed to his girlfriend and he helped her to a couch carefully. 

"You weren't supposed to go to work yesterday. If you keep pushing yourself, the wound will become worse," spoke Jiu. 

"She's right. You're too focused on your work than your health. Try to forget about work just for one day and take a rest just to recover," added Sua.

"You made us and Taehyung feel worried about you," said Dami.

"Okay-okay. I'm sorry. I will forget about my work and take a rest. Happy?" Siyeon finally gave in to their suggestions and they all smiled. 

"Well, since you girls are already here, then I guess I have to cook for all of you," Taehyung got up from couch and went to the kitchen.

"Yes! Siyeon's boyfriend will cook for us!" shouted Yoohyeon happily. 

"Wanna help, Taehyung?" Sua went to the kitchen to help Taehyung while the others sat on the couch with Siyeon.

"Sure, thank you," said Taehyung.

"Hey Siyeon, you're lucky you got Taehyung as your boyfriend," said Jiu. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right," she turned around and looked at Taehyung. Then, Handong got up from couch as she went off somewhere.

"Where are you going, Dongie?" asked Dami. 

"I forgot that Xiumin asked me out today. Got to go!" Handong went to the front door and walked out of the house.

"Why's Handong leaving so soon?" Sua asked from the kitchen.

"She's having a date with Xiumin today," said Siyeon.

"Well, more food for me," Yoohyeon grinned. 

"Don't be greedy, you walking talking tree!" Dami teased.

"I know that you're jealous because I'm taller than you, you shorty panda!" Yoohyeon teased Dami back.

"I'm not short! You're just tall!" they kept bickering as the others watched them in amusement.

End Of Chapter 30.