Chapter 35: He's Back

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"Let me get this clear; this man," Madam Yoona motioned to the photograph, "was the one who left you in the river five years ago?"

Yoohyeon nodded as her answer, hurriedly passing the picture back to Madam Yoona as her hand started to shake uncontrollably. "What should I do, Madam? He is going to recognize me."

"Kim Yoohyeon, calm down. That incident happened five years ago. You were still a high school student so he would only know your younger face. Now that you're an adult, much different from how you looked five years prior, not only he won't recognize you, he would not be expecting you to be here either."

"I-I'm not sure about this, ma'am but I hope he won't try to kill me."

"I'm sure everything is going to be just fine."

"But...how are we--" Yoohyeon's question was cut off by Mr Hwang standing tall at the front of the hall.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. I, Mr Hwang welcome you to the third annual business dinner. It is such a great honour to be hosting this event to all my business partners, some faces new and some faces old, who are gathered together this very night. Tonight is slightly special, as I had invited someone who is my VIP guest," he paused, smiling. Gesturing to where Madam Yoona was seated, he proclaimed, "She is a woman who had been known as one of the most successful woman in this country. Give a round of applause for Madam Yoona!" As if on cue, everyone in the hall put their hands together, some even nodding to Madam Yoona as she stood and bowed.

"Everyone must have already known who she is, isn't that right," he gestured to a man nearest to him and he nodded and smiled. "It hadn't escaped my notice that everyone whispered left and right just when she walked into the room. Last year, I had invited her to join us but unfortunately, she couldn't come due to her very busy schedule. Well, successful people don't have the time for dinner parties, am I right ladies and gents?" he snickered. His attempt at the joke earned a few chuckles around the room and even Madam Yoona's eyes crinkled, jokingly nodding her head.

"Now for this event, I would like to express my gratitude for another as I was not alone arranging this dinner. I have a very helpful partner this year and he is the one who managed to complete all of my specific arrangements and also help me with the company. I bring you my partner, Mr Han Sang Hyuk."

"Han Sang Hyuk... Hyuk... It's him!" Yoohyeon exclaimed to Madam Yoona. Luckily the pair's conversation were drowned under the applause.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, that's definitely him. I can still remember his eyes. It's been haunting me ever since the incident happened."

Madam Yoona nodded. "He won't get away after this. I already notified the agents in section A to block all the entrances and they are standing by outside as we speak."

Despite of the good news, Yoohyeon grimaced. "I don't feel good about this..."

"Thank you Mr Sang Hyuk for the speech and now, let's get the event started." As Mr Hwang started his event, the attendees inside the hall stood up, some of them forming a line for the line of buffet and some of them stayed seated, whilst chatting with one another. Amidst those who were lounging, Mr Hwang and Sang Hyuk started towards Madam Yoona and Yoohyeon, the latter was feeling deeply apprehensive.

"Madam, how is dinner going so far? I hope the food fits your taste, I have made sure the hotel serves high quality and most importantly delectable food. Oh, pardon me, I haven't introduced Mr Sang Hyuk to you yet." Mr Hwang nodded to his side introducing Sang Hyuk to the couple. 

"It's such a pleasure to meet you, Madam Yoona." Sang Hyuk offered his hands to Madam Yoona.

"And you too, Mr Sang Hyuk," they clasped their hands together in greeting.

"And this is her assistant, Miss Kim Yoohyeon." 

"Hello, Miss Kim Yoohyeon." Sang Hyuk offered his hand to Yoohyeon but just like earlier with Mr Hwang, she bowed instead. 

"She never does handshakes with anyone, Mr Sang Hyuk," Mr Hwang informed him.

"Why? Did you have a bad memory that caused it?" Sang Hyuk blurted his question carelessly in response, turning to Yoohyeon.

Yoohyeon blinked rapidly a couple of seconds, surprised to hear the question directed at her. From him no less. "What?"

"Haha no, she prefers to bow because she considers it more respectful," Madam Yoona replied for her. 

"Haa I see... Have we met before? I met someone who had the same name as you but it was a long time ago," asked Sang Hyuk to Yoohyeon.

"That is me, you dumb*ss!" Yoohyeon wanted to say out loud but it would be worse considering the situation she was in.

"N-nope. We haven't," she lied. 

"Mr Sang Hyuk, not all Kim Yoohyeon are people that you know," Mr Hwang reprimanded him. 

Sang Hyuk nodded, "Yeah, you're right Mr Hwang." Then, a romantic jazz music was playing, changing the tempo of the dance to a slower pace.

"Shall we, ma'am?" Sanghyuk offered Madam Yoona for a dance. 

"With pleasure." She held his hand as they went to the dance floor. 

"Miss Yoohyeon?" Seeing the couple starting to dance, Mr Hwang turned to Yoohyeon asking the same offer.

Yoohyeon smiled and held up her hand. "No, thank you, I'm afraid I don't dance," she refused and turned away to the buffet table, as she went to a champagne tower and took a glass; Nicolas Feuillatte, the best champagne in France. While taking careful sips out of the tall glass, she glared discreetly at Sang Hyuk. He and Madam Yoona seemed to be having a splendid time, and they danced effortlessly around the hall. 

"So, Mr Sang Hyuk. How long have you been partnering with Mr Hwang in his company?" Madam Yoona started their small talk.

"Not too long, We met each other around eight months ago. At the time, my company was still small and he graciously helped me with my company until it grew large in the industry. What about you ma'am? I've heard that your agency had become famous and although many applied, not a lot got the job," said Sanghyuk.

"Well, I only choose the best to join my agency. Even if they fail, they still can try again the following year."

"So Miss Yoohyeon I presume is one of your best agents in the agency?"

"Yes she is. She became an agent when she was a high school student."

"She must have been grateful to get in so early."

Madam Yoona smiled, albeit knowing the reason why Yoohyeon joined in the first place. "By the way, Mr Sanghyuk. You said that you knew another Kim Yoohyeon. Who was that person to you?"

"She's just nobody. I just happened to know her not too long ago but I'd never saw her again."

"When did you last saw her?"

"About 5 years ago."

"Miss Yoohyeon also had been an agent for five years. Such a coincidence, isn't it?"

"Coincidence eh?" Sanghyuk turned to look at Yoohyeon who was standing alone with her glass of champagne in her hand. 

Meanwhile, Yoohyeon felt uneasy, her hair at the back of her neck standing tall as she gripped the glass a little tighter. Her heartbeat increased at the sudden sensation.

"Damn it. What's wrong with me?!" Her breathing quickened and her body started to tremble. Suddenly, someone patted her back and her body seized, her eyes snapped behind her.

"Yoohyeon? Are you alright?" Madam Yoona approached her as she finished dancing with Sang Hyuk. Yoohyeon started to calm down as she saw Madam Yoona with her, but she still couldn't shake the ominous feeling.

"Madam Yoona, I don't feel so good right now. I need to get out from here." Yoohyeon immediately turned and walked out of the hall and left Madam Yoona standing alone. She tried to stop Yoohyeon but out of nowhere Mr Hwang popped up next to her.

"Where is your assistant going, Madam Yoona?" asked him as he saw Yoohyeon turning the corner out of the doorway.

"She wanted to get some fresh air. By the way, where is Mr Sang Hyuk?"

"I thought he was with you just now?"

"Yes, he was but I didn't see him after th--" snapped shut as a realization came upon her. A very bad notion indeed.

"Oh no....Yoohyeon!"

Yoohyeon walked around the poolside, trying to calm her body and clear her head. Usually, as she felt nervous or stressed, she would eat something to make herself feel better however she didn't eat or even touch any food at the hall, thanks to a certain someone. She could feel that something might happen to her. As she walked past some deck lounge chairs, she hadn't realized that someone had been following her. The person looked around that no one was at the pool except for Yoohyeon. Quietly walking towards her still form as she stood still next to the pool looking at the lights reflecting off the water.

"Hello, Miss Yoohyeon," a male voice was heard behind her. Yoohyeon turned around as she heard her name being called. She was shocked to see that Sang Hyuk was there. 

"Mr...Sang Hyuk."

"What are you doing here, at the poolside... alone," he asked.

"I-I just want to get some fresh air, that's all," Yoohyeon spoke.

"Well, you must be careful or you'll be drowning again." Yoohyeon snapped to attention, her eyes widening on the words he declared.

"H-how did you--"

"Do you really think I won't recognize you, Kim Yoohyeon or should I call you... my ex-girlfriend." Sang Hyuk smiled menacingly at the girl who he thought was dead years ago.

-------------

"You didn't see her outside? She must be still in the hotel. Call me if you or other agents found her. Thank you." Madam Yoona hung up her phone call with Mr Kang and walked out of the hall to find Yoohyeon. Not looking properly where she was going, she bumped into someone in front of the elevators. 

"I'm sorry sir. I was in a rush to find someone," she bowed, embarrassed for not looking in front of her causing her to bump into others heedlessly.

"Madam Yoona?" the man called her name and she looked up to see Jooheon whom she had bumped into.

"Jooheon? what are you doing here?"

"I've been staying here for 3 days. So, are you having a business dinner here?"

"How did you know that?"

"Yoohyeon told me. Wait, where is she?"

"Jooheon, you have to help me. Yoohyeon suddenly went missing and her life is in danger right now. You have to find her." 

"Okay-okay. You stay here and I'll go find her. Don't worry ma'am she will be fine." Jooheon walked back to elevator and pushed random level hoping that he would find her soon.

-----------

"You remember me, Hyuk." Steeling her nerves, Yoohyeon faced her tormentor courageously.

"How long has it been since we met? Was it five years ago? I thought you were dead after the incident. Such a surprise that you're still alive." His evil smirk urged Yoohyeon to punch him right then.

"What about you? How does it feel to be in the prison after what did and your ing friends did to me?" 

"Well, not that long actually. Just 3 days and then I was out."

"What? I thought your sentence was much longer!" she exclaimed.

"Someone bailed me out and I really do owe him."

"Was it L, your boss you've been working for right now?"

"So now you know that I'm working with him. Yes, he's the one that asked me to come and help Mr Hwang's ing dinner event so we would have someone to send our supplies outside the country."

Yoohyeon's eyes turned to slits as she realized his plans. "You...used him. How could you."

"Like I care about that stupid old coot. I just do whatever L asked me. Of course, these type of things are not for the likes of you. Even though you're already an agent, you're still the stupid girl I've had the misfortune of meeting five years ago. Besides, you can't arrest me without proof, you stupid b*tch!" Hyuk knew that Yoohyeon couldn't do anything without any hard evidence and with all the advantage on his side, he turned around and walked away. Although it was only a few steps away that he heard Yoohyeon laughing out loud.

"What the hell are you laughing about?!" demanded Hyuk.

"I didn't know that you would fall into my stupid trap, my ex-boyfriend," she smirked.

"What do you mean?"

"Actually, I purposely went here alone because I knew you will try to follow me when you remembered who I was followed by the clues my boss told you. Besides, I just pretended that I 'didn't hear' your conversation with Madam Yoona when you two were dancing. A little help from her spy brooch gave me a heads up."

Before The Dance... 

"Yoohyeon, wear this," Madam Yoona gave her a cream-colored earpiece to Yoohyeon, the one where she had the undercover at the nightclub before. 

"For what?" she asked.

"Just in case if you want to hear something that might prove useful for later," Madam Yoona winked. Yoohyeon put it in her ear, covertly listening in to their conversation during the dance. Now that she knew that Hyuk recognized her, she made up a plan to let Hyuk come and see her alone.

______________

"Bravo, Kim Yoohyeon. You've decided to grow-up and managed to trick me." Hyuk clapped his hands and smirked.

"But... since you've exposed my identity, I don't have any choice..." Sang Hyuk took off his coat and tie, and took out his trusted knuckle knife from a leather strap attached to his belt.

"But to eliminate you for the second time."

End Of Chapter 35.