Chapter 32: Mysterious

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

After Madam Yoona was done with Hyungwon's case, Hyungwon and Gahyeon went back home wanting to rest for the whole day. Meanwhile, Madam Yoona was heading to the second department located a few streets away where she had to meet Agent Mino and Agent Jimin. A couple of turns later, her driver stopped the car in front of the main entrance.

"What time would you be going home, ma'am?"

"I'm not sure but I will call you when I'm done."

"Okay, have a nice day ma'am."

"You too."

Madam Yoona stepped out of the car and walked to the entrance. She was about to go into the building until Jooheon greeted her, who had just arrived.

"Good morning, Madam Yoona."

"Good Morning, Jooheon. I thought you would already be working by now."

"I don't have much work in the lab on weekends so that's why I came in late. If you don't mind me asking, what brings you here today?"

"I have to meet with Agent Mino and Jimin."

"Oh, I saw them heading to level 5 just now."

"Alright, see you later."

"Madam Yoona, wait."

"What it is, Jooheon?"

"Can I ask you about Handong? I know it's classified but can you tell me anything about her past... I mean how did she end up becoming an agent?"

"Is that what you want to know?"

"We were really close friends in high school when we were in China and I was the only one who knew she was the famous GP racer. One day, I got news that Handong moved away without any notice and she quit being a racer."

"Why don't you ask her yourself?"

"I already did but she couldn't tell me for some reason. I know all of the Dreamcatcher members who had been recruited by you had a dark past. I just want to know Handong's past before she became an agent. What happened to her a few years ago, Madam Yoona?"

"Alright... If you really want to know about her, meet me in the office after I meet up with Mino and Jimin."

"Sure, ma'am. Thank you."

____________

After the girls visited Siyeon at her house, they headed back to their own houses. Jiu went straight to her home as she didn't have any schedule for the rest of the day. As she arrived at her villa house, she grabbed her gate controller and pushed the button as the gate automatically opened. Two elderly couple standing at the front of the villa saw the car driving through the gates, expecting for her arrival. After Jiu parked her car at the garage, the elderly couple were already waiting at the garage doors.

"Welcome home, miss Jiu. Where have you been?" said the old man. 

"I'm sorry, I just had some work to do at the office. Did you guys already have lunch?"

"Yes, we did just now and there's still some left for you, miss Jiu," said the old lady.

"How many times do I have to tell you. Just call me Minji. Jiu is only for when I'm in the office."

"I'm sorry miss Ji--I mean Minji. I'm still not used to it." 

"My friends always call me Jiu all the time, right? Look, I don't want you guys calling me Jiu or miss Minji. I already treated and accepted you as my parents even though my real parents have already gone. I don't have anyone else except you guys and Mino."

"We also treat you as our own daughter. Thank you for letting us live here with you, Minji," the old man smiled.

"You don't have to thank me," Jiu smiled. "Let's go inside. It's getting hot here." Jiu mentioned as the trio went into the house. 

"Do you want to eat lunch now, Minji?" asked the old man again. 

"I've already ate at Siyeon's house but my tummy's still not full yet so, yeah."

"You're lucky you don't gain weight," praised the old lady. 

Jiu turned to look at her, surprise on her face. Then tilted her head in thought, "I can gain more weight if I want to. It's just that after I eat, I have to work out to burn the calories.  So this means I can eat more of your delicious food you make, ajumma," Jiu grinned. 

The elderly couple chuckled at her cheerful demeanour.

-----------

Dami arrived at her house after she sent Yoohyeon back home. She parked her car and walked to her house and opened the door. 

"I'm home," Dami went inside and shut the door slowly. She walked to the living room where she saw Matthew lounging on the couch while watching television.

"You're back. The food's in the kitchen if you want to eat," Matthew told her.

"It's okay, I'm full already. I ate at Siyeon's." She went straight to the bedroom to get changed.

"Oh, Siyeon's ho--... wait what?!" Matthew suddenly remembered about Taehyung who's now living with Siyeon. Just then, Dami walked out of the room in her casual clothes, holding a novel in her right hand. 

"Why didn't you tell me that Taehyung and Siyeon got together," she walked to the couch and plopped herself down beside Matthew.

"I just found out about them yesterday and I probably forgot to tell you, sorry," Matthew looked abashed.

"Good thing we didn't attack him 'cause we thought he did something bad to Siyeon," said Dami. 

"Matt, can I ask you something," she suddenly turned to face Matthew.

"Sure, what is it Yoobin?" he asked.

"About our engagement....can we hold it off for a bit longer." 

"Why?" Matthew looked a little shocked with Dami's statement.

"I think...I'm still not ready. Did you tell your parents about it??"

"Not yet. But, it's okay. I know I was being a little rushed. We can hold on our engagement until you're ready, okay?" he patted her hair and gave her a fluttering smile.

"Thanks for understanding, Matt." She laid his head on his shoulder.

"No problem, babe." he kissed her forehead.

Matthew glanced at the book she's holding. "What are you reading today," he added. 

"Sherlock Holmes, here let me read it to yo--" As Dami was about to read her favourite story to Matthew, his head suddenly fell to the side with his eyes shut. He pretended to sleep as he didn't want to hear it. 

"You're always pretending to sleep cause you don't want to hear me read!" she hit Matthew's shoulder with her book.

"I'm just joking, sorry!" Matthew laughed.

-------------

"So how's the mission? Are these all the drugs that your team took from the nightclubs?" Madam Yoona faced Mino and Jimin as the bag of drugs laid on the table.

"Yes ma'am. We had checked every nightclub in the city but only a few places have the same drugs. Unfortunately the rest are in undisclosed location," said Mino. 

"So, they send these to nightclubs that people rarely know, so the chance for them to be found or traced is nil to none. How smart of them," Madam Yoona thought out loud.

"But, the nightclub we went with Dreamcatcher a few days ago was not even that hidden," said Jimin.

"The police seldom patrol around that area. That may be the primary reason why the gang would deliver the drugs there."

"How's the investigation with one of the ex-gang members?" asked Mino.

"The interrogation went well and managed to get a lot of information from him, especially about the culprit and yes, he's one of the mafia gang Dreamcatcher met a long time ago. He was probably the one who shot Agent Siyeon and Agent Hongbin."

"Does Agent Siyeon know about this?" added Jimin. 

"Not yet. Besides, she's still recovering from her injury. If I told her earlier, I'm sure she would go and find the culprit herself."

"I feel sympathy for Agent Siyeon. She lost someone she loved. She struggled to accept his death so much that she disappeared for a year." Mino face's changed into sorrow as he knew about Siyeon's incident 2 years ago. 

"Agent Jiu told you about her?" asked Madam Yoona.

"Hongbin and I were quite close when we were new in the agency. I've also struggled about his death for a long time." They remained silent for a while as they remembered about Hongbin and their moments with him. 

"Well, that's all for today. Next week Dreamcatcher and I will discuss future strategies and plans for oncoming missions, to give you guys a heads up. Thank you so much for giving us a hand for this mission," Madam Yoona cut the silence and thanked Mino and Jimin for completing their mission.

"No problem, Madam Yoona. It's our job too. Thank you for letting us involved in Dreamcatcher's mission." They bowed to Madam Yoona and asked other agents to carry the bags of drugs to the laboratory for further investigation. They were then told to dispose of the drugs after they have gained as much information about the drugs.

"Jimin, can I talk to you for second," Madam Yoona called for Jimin as he stopped in his tracks and turned walking out of the room.

"Yes, ma'am?" Jimin looked at her questioningly.

"I want to give my congratulations for you and Sua," Madam Yoona smiled, happy for his relationship with Sua. 

"How did you know?" 

"She told me. Please take care of her and treat her nicely." Madam Yoona gave him a stern look, signifying her meaning. She felt protective for the girls, who she in a way raised as they blossomed into fine young ladies, as well as respectable agents if she say so herself. She internally smiled.

Jimin raised his eyebrows, flustered to be having this conversation with Madam Yoona out of all people. "I will."

"And one more thing, you have to keep your eyes open now, especially for Hyunwoo. I assume Sua has already told you who he is?" When Jimin nodded in confirmation, she continued, "He'd just got released from prison. I have a bad vibe that he will do something to Sua now that he's out. You have to protect her and keep her away from her ex-husband. She may be strong now but she still hasn't recovered after what he did to her." Madam Yoona looked worried for Sua's well being. 

Jimin's face is set in determination, "I will protect her no matter what. That's my promise."

"Thank you, Jimin. You can go now."

"Have a nice day, Madam Yoona." Jimin bowed, and left.

_____________

25 miles away from home, Handong and Xiumin finally arrived at their designated destination. But the place raised questions for Handong. She glanced around the clearing carefully, as the place that Xiumin took her was surrounded with trees. It was basically a forest with fences around that has a sign which capitalized and bold with "PRIVATE PROPERTY".

"Where are we?" Handong finally blurted.

"You'll see. Let's go." He opened the gate and they walked into an unknown place. A few minutes later, they finally arrived at the place where Xiumin couldn't wait to show. 

"Welcome to my secret hideout," he said. Handong was too shocked and impressed with the scenery where right in front of her eyes, a beautiful lake was situated in the middle of the forest. She felt as if she was in a fairytale, as she wouldn't have believed the lake would be there if she hadn't seen it herself. She marveled at the beauty of the scenery she's seeing, taking everything in. From how the bright yellow afternoon sunlight reflected off of the water's surface and the reflection of the blue sky she sees on the lake.

"I thought we stepped through someone's property. How did you find this lake?" asked Handong.

"Well, I used to go fishing with my family. My dad found this place a long time ago. To make it keep secret from the others, he made a fence around the lake and built a log cabin over there." He pointed to a cabin not far away from them. They went to the cabin as Xiumin unlocked the door and went inside.

"It's been so long..." They looked around the room, all the furniture and decorations in the room were covered with a thick layer of dust and cobwebs. At least Xiumin's family had covered all the furniture with plastic so it was easy for them to clean the cabin. After they cleaned up,  Xiumin saw his father's fish rod and a set of fishing tools. 

"Hope this fishing rod can still be used. Do you like to go fishing?" He turned to Handong who was sitting on the couch, exhausted after cleaning the cabin. 

"I-I don't know how," she shook her head. 

"Well, guess you just have to sit down while I catch some fish for us to eat," he grabbed the fishing rod and walked out of the cabin to the balcony.

Handong stood up from the couch after taking a rest and went out to watch Xiumin. She sat beside him as he threw the line and waited for the fish to eat the bait. They remained silent and  slightly awkward as it was just two of them. Handong didn't know what to do, although she tried to ignore the awkwardness by watching the beautiful lake with crystal clear water.

"Handong?" Xiumin suddenly broke the silence.

"Hm?" Handong glanced at him, still concentrating where the end of the line met the lake's water.

"So you're a GP racer?"

"Finally, you guessed it," she chuckled softly.

"But... how did you end up being an agent. Don't get me wrong, you being an agent is awesome but you've already reached the top as a racer?" The question from Xiumin made Handong startled, looking up at him for a while. 

"I... owe my life to someone..."

_________

Jooheon went inside the elevator and went up to level 9 where Madam Yoona was in her office. As soon the elevator door opened, he went straight to her office and that time, Madam Yoona was on the phone call with someone.

"Don't worry, I will tell them about it. We will complete the mission and shut down L's drugs operation." While she was on the call, she heard someone knocking the door.

"We will talk about this, later. Good bye." She ended her phone call and put her phone inside her pocket.

"Come in," she asked the unknown person to enter. The door was opened and it was Jooheon.

"Hello Jooheon, have a seat," Madam Yoona curtsied.

"Thank you," he sat on the chair, his face tight. Madam Yoona grabbed a file from one of the shelves behind her and gave it to Jooheon.

"Here, all your questions will be answered from this file," said Madam Yoona. Jooheon read the front file which read 'Handong's Biodata.'

He opened the file and read the content inside it. His face became more serious and curious as he further read the file. At one point, he stopped moving at a particular page, rereading it as if he was imagining it.


#File Case 04- Act 1751
  Year- 20XX
  Suspect- Han Dong
  Age- 17

 

"No... It can't be..."


End Of Chapter 32.