Chapter 49: Antidote

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

Jiu managed to sneak out from the hospital with some help from Gahyeon and Hyungwon. While Hyungwon drove them to the second department, Jiu called Yoohyeon to ask her where Jooheon's office was.

----------------

"Yo."

"Tree, do you know where Jooheon's office is in the second department?"

"Yeah, I know. It's at level 2. Why?"

"I need to see him right now. I need his help on how to cure Dami before she's got the drug infection."

"Wait...y-you know about Dami? Jiu, we're sorry to keep this secret--"

"You girls can apologize later but right now I need to see Jooheon.."

"Right now? But you're still not discharged from the hospital."

Jiu cleared . "I-I... sneaked out, with Gahyeon and Hyungwon. Please don't tell the others. Especially Madam Yoona."

"Okay I will but..."

"But what?"

"Jooheon is not in the office today. He had his day off."

"Damn it. So, do you know where he lives?"

"Yeah, it's nearby the second department area. I'll give the address to you and I will tell him that you're coming over."

"Thanks, Tree."

"No problem."

------------------

"So, where are we going, Jiu unnie?" Gahyeon asked after Jiu hung up her call with Yoohyeon.

"I'm waiting for Yoohyeon to give Jooheon's address and--" not 10 seconds later, she got the message from Yoohyeon. "Ok, that's quick."

She opened the message that Yoohyeon sent. "Here, Hyungwon. Take me there." She gave her phone to Hyungwon to show him the address.

"Jiu unnie?" Gahyeon called her name as Jiu hummed in reply.

"Is Dami unnie going to be a monster?" Jiu bit her lips as she was unable to answer Gahyeon's question. Contemplating the best response, she spoke.

"I don't know, Gahyeon. But we have to find the antidote to kill the drugs inside her without harming any more of her body. I can't use Neuro-block on her as I did to Sua's ex-husband." Jiu recalled back when she fought with Hyunwoo when she had to use the Neuro-block drug to stabilize him until he was fully paralyzed before she went unconscious.

Ten minutes later, they arrived in front of a bungalow house. "According to the address that you gave, Jiu, I think this is it," said Hyungwon as they climbed out of the car. Gahyeon quickly ran over to Jiu as she wrapped her right hand around her left arm, helping her walk.

"Thanks, Gahyeon," said Jiu as Gahyeon replied with a smile. Three of them went up a few steps that led to the front door. Hyungwon reaching the door first, pushed the doorbell and waited for Jooheon to open it.

Just as Jiu and Gahyeon reached the top step, the door opened to see Jooheon greeting Jiu with two others that he didn't recognize.

"Yoohyeon called me that you're coming by but she didn't tell me that you were accompanied?" he asked.

"They're with me," Jiu replied.

He nodded opening the doors wider. "Let's get you guys inside." Jooheon let them in as he closed the door.

Jooheon turned to Jiu immediately after. "You ran away from the hospital just to meet me? Why you didn't just call me to go there?"

"Firstly, I'm sneaking out for a while and secondly, I need you to find the antidote for the Angel Dust quickly," she replied briskly.

He sighed. "I already started my research about the Angel Dust after the nightclub mission your team had a couple of weeks ago."

"Then, how is it?"

"Follow me." Jooheon led the as he brought them further inside the abode.

"I like the black and white design of the house. It's so minimal yet comfortable," praised Hyungwon.

Jooheon's face was smug as he turned. "Yeah, I don't like to have too many items in the house," said him. He led them until they stopped in front of an elevator door.

"Your house has an elevator?" Gahyeon's eyes bulged.

"I always go back home late and I'm too tired to climb upstairs to my bedroom." Jooheon shrugged simply as he pushed the button and waited.

"Even my house doesn't have an elevator," said Jiu.

Jooheon turned to Jiu with his eyes raised. "But your house is five times bigger than mine."

"Have you been to Jiu unnie's house before?"

"No, Yoohyeon told me."

"Seriously, that dang tree unnie again," Gahyeon cursed. The elevator door opened as they went inside. Jooheon pushed the G button and the door closed starting their descent.

"Wait. The elevator is going down?" asked Hyungwon as he sensed the elevator bringing them down further into the ground.

"Yes." Jooheon shortly replied. Then, the elevator door slid opened.

"Welcome to Jooheon's man cave." Jooheon brought them inside his secret laboratory underground. They all gasped when they saw how massive the place was. Jooheon went to the file cabinet as he searched for a file detailing about the Angel Dust. After flipping through numerous files labelled with numbers, he pulled out one from the cabinet and gave it to Jiu.

"Here. This documents the Angel Dust that I've been researching for a week." Jiu took it and opened up the file, reading it along with Gahyeon and Hyungwon.

"From the research that I've found, Angel Dust is thus far one of the most dangerous drugs that are created by humankind. The scientists who tried to find the cure started in the late 80s; most fail because of lack of the medical equipment. So that's why they were stopped and banned the Angel Dust being manufactured, and formulas were burned making it impossible to be learned for human knowledge. I guess some managed to escape the fire," Jooheon explained.

He continued. "But Jiu, when you tried to save Sua from her ex-husband who was infected by the drug, you used the Neuro-block drug, right?" he asked.

Jiu nodded. "Yes, but it resulted in him being fully-paralyzed forever," she said.

"Because Neuro-block didn't destroy the Angel Dust. Both of the drugs were mixed and Neuro-block's dose is quite strong. Only one shot can make someone paralyzed and hard to breathe. But, if added Angel Dust with Neuro-block, it damages all the neurons in the body and makes someone paralyzed forever or even worse, dead."

"So, the only way to stop Dami unnie if she becomes a monster is by... killing her?" asked Gahyeon worriedly.

"That's not gonna happen. We can't kill her," Jiu said vehemently.

"I know you girls are not going to do that. But right now, I need the Angel Dust formula to break the formula's code. If we manage to break the code, I can find the cure."

"But, how did L found out about the formula?"

"I've been tracking his activities and what I found was he had been to the United States a month ago before he recreated the Angel Dust drugs."

Hyungwon gave in his theory. "Maybe... he met someone who knows about the drugs. I mean, it's easy to find illegal things from the black market in the US. I've got a friend from the US who knows the black market place around the states." Jiu's eyes gleamed at that.

"Hyungwon, do you still have contact with your friend?" she asked.

"Yeah, I still communicate with him through Skype. Why?"

"Because I need your friend to get the Angel Dust's formula so I can create the antidote," said Jooheon.

"But... My friend is kinda hard to deal with because he had been to jail multiple times because of illegal export items. But, if you want to deal with him, the thing that you must have is money. He can't refuse if someone offers him with a load of money."

"Don't worry about the money. The rest is on me. Jooheon, give him your laptop." Jiu ordered. Jooheon nodded and went to his bag as he took out his laptop and typed in his password before passing it to Hyungwon.

"I hope he's still online at this time." As the home screen appeared, he clicked the Skype icon and keyed in his username and password. Then, the screen showed the main home as he clicked the 'Friends' icon and glanced at the 'Friends site'. They were lucky that Hyungwon's friend was online today.

"He's online!" Hyungwon quickly clicked the video camera icon and waited for his friend to pick up.

"Come on, dude. Please pick up the call." Hyungwon mumbled and they all glanced at the laptop screen, waiting for Hyungwon's friend to answer the call. Out of the blue, the screen laptop showed up as they saw an intimidating male figure with a beanie on the screen. Until he smiled at his friend.

"Hyungwon, my man! What's up? And why's there so many people around you right now?" asked Hyungwon's friend as he glanced around. The three behind Hyungwon each released a breath, giving a small wave at him. They only need the agreement of his friend to do the job, and they were good to go.

"Glad that you picked up the call because I really need your help and it's urgent," said Hyungwon.

"Okay, so what can I do for ya?"

"I need you to find the Angel Dust's formula from any black market that you know."

"Angel Dust? What is that? Like some sort of player's name from Minecraft or something?" his friend snickered.

"So, the drugs' still hasn't spread to other countries yet..." Jiu thought out loud.

"But it will be if we're late." Then, Jooheon interrupted their video call and showed the Angel Dust drug package to Hyungwon's friend. "Sorry to interrupt but this is the Angel Dust drug that Hyungwon had been mentioning just now. I need you to find a formula of this drug so I can find an antidote to cure the people who had been infected by this drug."

"A drug? No-no I can't do that. I don't want to go to jail again. That place was hell man."

"Dude, listen. If we can't get the formula in time, that drug will spread to other countries including America. If more people get infected, this world will be in utter chaos. I had been under the influence before and I almost killed everyone around me. Please, you're the only one that I can trust right now." Hyungwon begged his friend to help them. As five tense seconds of his friend only staring at him, he finally nodded.

"Alright... but I don't work for free," said his friend.

"How much do you want?"

"Half a million dollars. At least after I got out of jail, I still have my money around me."

"Are you freaking insane?! How are we gonna get that amount of money in a day?!" Gahyeon burst out.

"You guys want that formula or not? That thing must be rare so that's why I make it expensive. If you agree, give me the money. If not, we'll forget this call ever took place."

"What do you think, Jiu?" Hyungwon turned around and glanced at Jiu waiting for her answer.

"Alright, I will pay. Send me your bank account number, now." Jiu agreed with the payment just as Hyungwon's friend wanted.

"I already sent it to Hyungwon," said him and a second later, Hyungwon got the message through the Skype chat. Jiu took out her phone and used her online banking to send the money.

"Check your account," said Jiu to him as the message was sent to him at the same time.

"That's ing quick. Bet your friend is one rich b*tch, Hyungwon," he laughed, shaking his head as he looked down at his phone.

"That's 700 thousand dollars that I've sent. If you find the formula by today, the money will be yours. If you don't give the formula by today or you run away, I'll hack into your account to get my money back and you will be in jail for the rest of your life. Deal?" said Jiu as she made sure Hyungwon's friend understood clearly.

"Relax, sweetheart. A Deal is a deal. I might be a person who likes to break rules but I'm not a person who breaks people's trust, especially my friends'. Give me three hours to find the formula and I will send it to you ASAP."

"Thanks a lot, dude," said Hyungwon.

"See ya." Hyungwon's friend ended the call and they all felt relieved, slumping back from leaning into the laptop as the deal went on.

"You think that we can trust him, Hyungwon oppa?" Gahyeon spoke.

"As long as he doesn't break our trust and manages to find the formula. Yeah, I trust him." Hyungwon replied. Suddenly, they heard something hit the ground as they turned around and saw Jiu already sprawled on the floor.

"Jiu unnie!" Gahyeon and Hyungwon quickly ran towards her and helped her to get up.

"Let's get you back to the hospital before the doctor finds an empty room. Hyungwon oppa, you go and get ready with the vehicle." Hyungwon nodded and he quickly ran towards the elevator.

"Why can't you just call me to come over to the hospital and meet you there, Jiu. You do know that you're still recovering," Jooheon spoke up.

"I... visited Dami just now. Her condition, I mean her abdomen was terrible until... I saw something weird on her minor injuries like small scars on her face. It started to heal slowly. Even people who had wounds because of falling will get scars which will probably be gone completely after three days but she didn't have any scars on her face."

"Probably because of the drug. What about her abdomen?"

"Still not... healed yet."

"Maybe because her wound on her abdomen is too big so the drug can't spread around her abdomen that fast?" Gahyeon asked.

"It can be... Jooheon, had you mentioned before about a patient with paralyzed symptoms ... who were injected with Angel Dust before?"

"The patient from 1980? Yeah. He got injected with Angel Dust to make the patient walk again but it's just for a while before he went out of control and destroyed everything around him."

"So, if Dami unnie's abdomen completely healed, she will become mad as Hyungwon oppa had it before?"

"That's why we.... we have to make the antidote before she wakes up."

_______________

After they managed to bring Jiu back to the hospital unnoticed by the guards and doctors, the couple lent one shoulder to help her walk back to her room. "Hang on, unnie. We're almost there," said Gahyeon as she looked at Jiu, as her face started to turn pale. As soon as they arrived at her door, Hyungwon slid the door open and let Gahyeon and Jiu inside first as Gahyeon brought Jiu to her bed and help her lie down on the bed.

"We're lucky no doctor and staff saw us," said Hyungwon after he closed the door and went towards Jiu's bed.

"Thank you for helping me... both of you," said Jiu.

"It's okay, Jiu unnie. Now, you must take some rest. Don't push yourself and don't think too much especially about Dami unnie. I'm sure we can find the antidote to save her before she gets infected." Jiu nodded and then, Gahyeon hugged her.

"I love you, Jiu unnie," said Gahyeon.

Jiu gave her a calming smile. "Love you too, kiddo."

Then, Gahyeon released her hug from Jiu and grabbed Hyungwon's hand. "Let's go, oppa," she spoke and Hyungwon nodded and bowed at Jiu before they headed out of the room.

Jiu watched them go out of the room. Her eyes strayed as she looked up to the ceiling, and took a deep breath to calm her mind. "I just hope Madam Yoona thinks again about erasing your memory about us after we finished our mission, Gahyeon," she mumbled.

______________

Night.

Siyeon went out to the pool area as she wanted to take some fresh night air outside, even though she started to get a fever, she doesn't care about it. Looking around at the shining stars in the clear sky, she tried to calm her down after what she had faced yesterday. But, the hidden message that was sent from L kept her mind occupied.

"Five mice will fall into the same trap but one of the mice will rise with a different side... Urgh, damn it. Why can't I crack this message." Siyeon was frustrated with the message that was stuck inside her head. She looked up at the night sky where there were six shining stars and two stars which looked as if they were blinking, like they were almost going out. They instantly reminded her about two of her injured friends, Jiu and Dami.

"Jiu, you picked the wrong person to be a leader. I really can't do this..." she muttered to herself. But it was not the only thing that was making her frustrated.

Her hand went to her neck, picking up the ring from her necklace as she glanced at it, remembering about her late boyfriend and also of Taehyung. Taehyung who tried to help curing her pain, and instead, she realized too late that she was the one who made his heart feel pain.

"It's all my fault..." She whispered into the night sky. Blaming herself for what happened between Taehyung and her. Her quiet night was broken however as the doorbell rang inside the house. As soon as Siyeon heard it, she went back inside the house and proceeded to the front door as she thought Madam Yoona was already back from work.

She opened the door, an easy smile on her face but it froze as she saw who was standing before her.

"Taehyung..." Taehyung bowed his head, as she gasped at what he was doing.

"Siyeon, I-I'm sorry I yelled at you yesterday. I'm sorry I left you alone in the heavy rain. I'm sorry I didn't cure your heart completely and I'm sorry...that I was giving up on you..." Taehyung gasped out the last words, gulping heavily after he finished what needed to be said.

"Stop it... Taehyung." Siyeon spoke softly as Taehyung slowly looked up at her.

"Stop... I'm the one who's to be blamed." 

"Siyeon--" Taeyung started.

"You know it was my fault...but why are you the one that comes to apologize... Why?!" Siyeon cried out emotionally, tears now spilling from her eyes. Taehyung looked on worriedly, as it was the first time she cried in front of him.

"I'm the one who should apologize for what I've said to you yesterday. Not you!" Taehyung grabbed her hands but Siyeon tried to pull away. Taehyung then pulled her into a hug, Siyeon then crumbling into his shoulder as he gently held her shaking form.

"I'm the one who still can't forget about Hongbin and I'm the one that is so stupid and didn't realize... you've been there for me all this time!" Taehyung felt the need to keep his emotions in check as he held her closer to him. 

Just as he was to reply, Siyeon suddenly became quiet as her body becoming heavier to hold.

"Siyeon!" Taehyung held her up as he felt her hot face.

"She has a fever..." Taehyung lifted her then and went inside the house, proceeding into a bedroom nearby with a door that was left open. He went inside the room and placed her down under the comforters on the bed. Her skin started to break into goosebumps as she started to shiver.

He went to the closet to see if he could find any towel that he could use to cool her body down. After he found one, he ran to the bathroom to wet the towel. Then, he strode back to the room and placed the wet towel on her forehead, tucking her hair away from the damp towel.

Looking on, Siyeon was still shivering and desperate times called for a medicine kit. But he realized he didn't know where even the medicine kit was in the house. Thinking of the few options he could do, he took off his black suit and laid on the bed beside her, trying to use his body heat to keep her warm.

A couple of minutes ticked by and seeing as Siyeon's body started to calm down from her shivers, Taehyung felt relieved.

"Taehyung..." Siyeon called his name.

"I-I'm here," he replied quietly.

"Taehyung... I'm sorry..." Taehyung looked on with heavy eyes, taking and holding her hands in his. He didn't want to see Siyeon cry again as he already made the promise to Madam Yoona.

"Don't cry again, Siyeon... I will always be with you." He cupped her face and their lips touched lightly. From a soft kiss to a rough passionate kiss, Siyeon didn't back down from their liplock. Now they had their time apart, she wanted more than this.

Siyeon broke apart their kiss but then, she pushed him down, before climbing on top of him. She threw her clothes away one by one, leaving no piece of clothing on her body. "Taehyung... please... heal me..." Siyeon held his hands as she looked at him desperately.

Taehyung understood what she wanted him to do. Cure her painful heart and fill her with his love but this time, he knew that she meant it.

"Yes...."





 

I will... heal you....





 

End Of Chapter 49.