Chapter 39: Rumor

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

As the unknown caller ended the call, Sua was frozen in shock. Her mind was still reeling on what just happened. She almost forgot she was still driving until she heard a honk from a passing car. She looked up immediately just in time to see the traffic light switching from yellow to red. She immediately slammed on the break as Jiu shockingly stopped the car as she was behind her. Luckily she didn't bump into Sua's car.

"What the hell!?" Jiu exclaimed. As the light turned green, Sua's car didn't move, letting other cars pass by. Jiu honked twice, and right after, her car moved forward.

"What is wrong with that shorty?" said Jiu as she followed Sua's car.

Meanwhile...

Taehyung was putting on his black tie. While buttoning the cuff of his sleeve, he turned back and looked at Siyeon who was still in a deep sleep. He smiled, admiring how beautiful his lovely angel was when asleep. After he made sure his uniform was tidy and proper, he proceeded towards her to nudge her awake.

"Wake up, angel." He patted her head and kissed her forehead softly. Siyeon slowly opened her eyes and smiled when she saw her boyfriend's face.

"Hey..." she spoke. They greeted with a short kiss and Taehyung helped her sit up on the bed.

"Are you going to work?" she asked.

"Yeah. Breakfast is already on the table and for lunch, I will come back here for a bit and cook for you," he said.

"Taehyung, you don't have to come home just to prepare my lunch. I can just call for food delivery and send it here. Fast and easy."

"I'm just worried about you. What if something happens to you when I'm not home?"

"You're always worried," Siyeon grumbled.

"Because I love you, angel," Taehyung smiled.

"Sweet talker. Don't worry, I will be fine. I also don't want to disturb your work plus you're still in training." Taehyung was inclined to leave Siyeon alone due to her injury. Despite what she says, he didn't think Siyeon was bothering his work and training at all.

"You sure you're gonna be alright today?" Siyeon nodded and Taehyung relented, admitting defeat for now.

"Alright. I will come home as soon as I can." He smiled and kissed her before leaving.

"Drive safe," she said and Taehyung nodded before leaving for the front door.

As Taehyung walked out of the house and went to his car, he didn't realize someone was watching him. The unknown person captured a photo of him getting in the car, and disappeared as Taehyung was backing out from the parking space.

_______________

At the same time, Sua and Jiu just arrived at the office. They parked their car at their designated parking space and both of them walked out to the elevators. Jiu glanced at Sua while catching up with her pace, needing to ask her what happened at the traffic lights.

"Sua, what happened with you just now? You suddenly made an emergency brake at the traffic lights and you didn't go when the light turned green," Jiu looked at Sua, expecting for an answer. Not only did she not get an answer, it seemed that Sua didn't acknowledge her presence at all. Sua remained silent and walked away, leaving Jiu perplexed by her behaviour.

"Her period's already started, I guess," she thought out loud and walked into the main building.

Not long after, Taehyung arrived and he parked his car beside Matthew's. As he got out and locked his car, he proceeded to the office building and went straight to the cafeteria. Breakfast must have slipped from his mind as he worried about Siyeon all morning. And it was a hungry Taehyung as he ordered a cup of cappuccino and a plate of bagel. While he waited, someone spoke behind him.

"Didn't take breakfast at home, coffee boy?" Taehyung turned around and saw his two mentors, Dami and Handong.

"Good morning Miss Dami and Miss Handong. I was in a bit of a rush. I just had time to make breakfast for Miss Siyeon," said Taehyung.

"How's Siyeon going?" asked Handong worriedly.

"She's getting better."

"Well, she's lucky to have you to take care of her, and because of you, we don't have to worry about her that much."

"Yeah. Before this she won't give a damn about her injuries and still work and go out on missions," added Dami.

"I just want her to recover quickly so she can continue working again."

"That's very nice of you. Thank you," they thanked him. 

They were interrupted by the cafe employee, giving Taehyung his order. He took his meal and walked away as he scanned the hall for an empty seat.

"Yo Taehyung, over here!" Someone shouted his name and he turned around, seeing his friends waving their arms at him. He proceeded towards them and sat on the chair as he sipped his cappuccino.

"Hey guys," one of his friends started,  "I don't know why but I think these days are getting weirder and weirder."

"Why do you think so?" asked Taehyung.

"Maybe because his favourite agent still has not returned and I don't see them coming in to work today," said his other friend.

"Favourite agent? Who? Mr Kang?" he joked and continued sipping his coffee.

"Hell no, that old man? I'm talking about Miss Siyeon of course." As his friend spoke Siyeon's name, Taehyung spat out his coffee and coughed, trying to get the beverage out his lungs.

"What's wrong, dude?" asked his friend.

"N-nothing, I just drank too fast." He lied and luckily none of them suspected anything suspicious about him or his reaction towards Siyeon. Suddenly, his friend's phone chimed, receiving a message. He took out his phone  and opened the message inbox. His eyes went comically wider, and Taehyung would've enjoyed the moment more if it wasn't for what his friend was seeing.

"T-taehyung?" he glanced at Taehyung who barely glanced up from his bagel.

"What?" His friend held the cellphone out, showing the picture to Taehyung. He read the message and he suddenly felt his world turning upside down.

"Male agent, still in training had been spotted walking out from Miss Siyeon's house this morning."

"Taehyung, is this true?" asked his friend.

"I-I..."

"Dude, it's not just you that got the message," spoke his other friend as he showed his phone, displaying the same message and picture. As if on cue, other occupants in the cafe looked at their phone as their message tone rang. And they all looked up at Taehyung, suspicion written all over their faces.

Like fires of hell was clawing on him, Taehyung bolted from the cafeteria and locked himself in the restroom. He sat on the toilet seat, trying to figure out how this could happen.

"Damn it. Who the hell could even take the picture? I thought no one else knew about this.. How was it even sent to everyone?!" he hissed. Just then, his phone rang and Mr Kang's name glared at him. He shakily took the phone call as he knew that he would get scolded by his teacher.

------------------

"H-hello, Mr Kang. M-may I help you?"

"AGENT KIM TAEHYUNG. COME TO MY OFFICE, NOW!"

-------------------

As Mr Kang abruptly ended the phone call, Taehyung was so frustrated and terrified, he wasn't unable to ration his thoughts clearly.

"Sh*t, Mr Kang will investigate me about it. I can't tell him or anybody that I'm dating Siyeon without her outright permission in this. She would be so mad at me." He thought and decided to stay in the toilet.

Outside the restroom, Dami and Handong were waiting for Taehyung. They followed Taehyung as they saw him walking out from the cafeteria and going into the men's restroom. As they arrived at the door, they halted for a minute.

"You wanna go in or should I go?" asked Dami to Handong.

"Are you kidding me? This is men's restroom!" Handong refused. Coins tossed, Dami went inside nonchalantly as Handong tried to stop her but it was no use.

As Dami walked in, the male agents in the restroom were shocked when they saw their female mentor in the men's room.

"Out, now," Dami ordered all of them to leave and all were rushing to get out as they didn't want to face her, frightened by her serious face. She checked every stall if there were any more unfortunate occupant in the restroom and the only stall left she could only presume was Taehyung.

"Agent Taehyung, it's me, Dami. I know you're in there." She knocked on the stall door. Taehyung looked up from his musings as he recognized Dami's voice.

"I don't want to get out, Miss Dami. Everyone already knows the truth." He refused to show his face to Siyeon's friends.

"Is your stall door locked right now?" Dami suddenly asked a question.

"What do you mean?"

"Watch out." Taehyung was confused with Dami's warning when suddenly the door banged open, flying out of its hinges and flew right at Taehyung. Luckily, he acted fast and quickly blocked the door from knocking his head. Pushing the door aside, he saw Dami in front of him.

"Luckily this door is not that hard to open." She swept her shoes and acted normal while Taehyung fought from passing out from freight.

"I will never make her unhappy from now on," he mumbled.

"You still want to stay here and be a baby or you want to get of here and face it like a man?" asked Dami.

"I-I don't know what to do right now. I can't walk outside and tell everyone that I'm dating Miss Siyeon."

"I don't want you to tell the truth, agent Taehyung. I want you to be brave and handle all the obstacles and problems that is facing you right now."

"But what will everyone say? They will say that Miss Siyeon's dating a new agent who still hasn't completed his training. A user. And I, the obvious victim of it all. All would look at me in pity. She would be embarrassed when she hears it."

"I know Siyeon more than you and she is a straight forward person. I know that she doesn't care about this even if people talk smack about her. She already has that experience before when she was first recruited in the agency. All the agents turned into gossipers. 'Oh how can she be an agent at such very young age' or even worse like 'she must've paid loads to get in here'. They didn't see her as a talented agent, didn't even question her how she came to be an agent. And so like any empty headed person can do; they make sh*t up. She trained very hard even though she didn't know how to fight at first but she didn't give up and that's how she ended up here."

Taehyung was baffled. He didn't even know what to say. Dami just made Taehyung realize that sometimes things have to be done without any support. That was just the right message to get his confidence and bravery back.

"You're right, Miss Dami. I can't run away. Miss Siyeon is my girlfriend and I want to protect her."

"Good thing that you got your dignity back."

"But there's one more problem. Mr Kang wants to see me in his office. I think it's because of that controversial picture."

"You don't have to worry about that." Dami smirked.

"Hey Dongie, come her for sec," Dami shouted towards her friend.

"What is it?"

"Take him to Mr Kang's office."

"For what?"

"I don't know. Maybe because of that picture."

Handong immediately perked up, connecting the dots. "Oh. Don't worry, coffee boy. I have a plan. Let's go." Handong brought Taehyung to Mr Kang office. Meanwhile, Dami was still in the restroom as she sent a text to Siyeon.

----------------------------

FROM: Dami

"Done. But right now,
he went to Mr Kang's
office with Dongie.

FROM: Siyeon

"She already texted me
just now and I know
what to do. Anyways,
thank you."

------------------------

"Saving boyfriends from the trouble, eh?" Dami smirked and walked out from the men's restroom.

In another part of the building, Taehyung went up to level 4, followed by Handong as they proceeded to Mr Kang's office. They traveled slowly through the hall, albeit Taehyung would later deny he was the one walking slow. They stopped in front of a door, the golden name plaque the only indication Taehyung was reluctant to go into this certain door. Taehyung was about to reach for the door before Handong's phone rang.

"Sorry, got a call. You go inside first." Taehyung nodded, following her order and slowly opened the door and walked into Mr Kang's office. Handong looked on and smirked while taking the call.

As Taehyung closed the door, he immediately saw his sign of danger. Mr Kang's anger was a lot more prominent the longer he stayed in the agency. In fact, it was a lot worse than when he damaged a few training materials when his team was on a five minute break. Mr Kang was sitting in his usual high-backed office chair except it was turned around. Mr Kang slowly swung around his chair and Taehyung could only watch while remaining silent.

"Agent Kim Taehyung. Do you know the reason why I asked you to come here?" asked Mr Kang.

"A-about the picture, sir?" he stuttered.

"Was it true? That you came out of Miss Siyeon's house this morning?"

"Umm..."

"Answer my question, agent!" Mr Kang loud voice suddenly boomed out. Handong, who was still outside heard his voice loud and clear. Before anything got worse, she entered his office.

"Miss Handong, what do you want?" Handong pulled the chair and sat down beside Taehyung.

"Mr Kang, do you always like to raise your voice in front of agents because you like to entice fear into them? That they won't be unable to answer you and allows you to shout at them more?" Her posture was relaxed, complete with a lollipop in , cherry flavor it seems as she pointed it at him as she asked her question.

"I just want him to answer the questions that has been asked. Is that wrong?"

"I didn't say that it's wrong, Mr Kang. If Siyeon is here, she would already shut your mouth right now. By the way, don't mind me. I just want to accompany this agent only." She popped the lollipop back in .

"Okay, then we shall continue," spoke Mr Kang as he glared at Taehyung. "Agent Kim Taehyung?"

"I-I..." Taehyung stuttered and didn't know how to answer that question but then, Handong patted his shoulder.

"Taehyung, just say it," Handong suggested.

"Y-yes it's true, Mr Kang," admitted Taehyung.

"Did you stay at her house?" Mr Kang asked again.

"Yes, b-but that's just for a day." Taehyung lied about that and Handong knew it.

"He's lying. Agent Taehyung already started living with Siyeon after she got injured a couple of days ago." Handong told the truth to Mr Kang and Taehyung looked quickly at Handong, trying to figure out what she was doing.

"Miss Handong..." he shook his head, motioning that he should be answering.

"Thank you for the statement, Miss Handong. So, agent Taehyung. Did she ask you to live with her or did you?"

"I-I volunteered to stay with her because she was badly injured plus she couldn't move too much. So I took care of her everyday since," Taehyung trailed off, having answered all of Mr Kang's questions. Mr Kang pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled loudly.

"It's like you and Miss Siyeon had an affair but it's impossible because you're still training and all the new agents who still hasn't completed their training are not allowed to have any relationships." Taehyung completely forgotten about the rules until Mr Kang repeated the rule just now. He couldn't avoid it, the more he would avoid, more truths would be spilling instead of keeping it secret.

"Actually, Mr Kang. I'm dating Miss Siyeon." Taehyung finally stated the truth about his relationship. Mr Kang and Handong's eyes widened. Mr Kang was shocked while Handong couldn't believe that Taehyung would tell the truth.

"You're what?!" Mr Kang raised his voice.

"I'm dating Miss Siyeon, Mr Kang." Taehyung repeated, apprehensively.

"You're joking right?" But Mr Kang still couldn't believe it and he glanced at Handong who was still in her cool facade. "Miss Handong, did you know about this?" he asked her.

"Yep," she replied shortly.

"H-how you can-- it's impossible for a new agent to date with a senior, elite agent especially Miss Siyeon," explained Mr Kang. Who knows who he was explaining it to. As it clearly seems one of them was the new agent dating said agent, and the other agent who was a close friend, clearly knows the rules and knows the other is dating her friend.

"Why Mr Kang? You think Siyeon can't date with anyone including the new agents?

"Because, look at them. They both have different ranking level and agent Taehyung still has not completed his training yet."

"Well, I don't know what to say about that but you can talk to Siyeon if you want. She's already on the line right now." Handong faced her phone to Mr Kang.

"Good morning, Mr Kang," Siyeon's voice was heard clearly and Mr Kang and Taehyung was shocked to say the least.

"Miss Siyeon?!" Mr Kang shouted at the phone.

"Low your voice," said Siyeon in calm tone.

"M-my apologies, Miss b-but when have y-you been listening?" Mr Kang stuttered as he heard Siyeon voice from the phone call.

"Since the beginning," her reply came. While Siyeon tried to settle the rumor with Mr Kang, Taehyung and Handong remained silent but he was really clueless. He didn't expect that Siyeon was on the call all that time.

"Miss Handong, was this your plan that you mentioned just now?" Taehyung whispered to Handong.

"Actually, it's your genius girlfriend's idea. I just follow what she says. She also got that picture too and asked me and Dami to help you. She feels sorry because she's not here to help you," Handong informed him. Taehyung quieted and watched Mr Kang having a talk with his girlfriend.

"I-I understand. My apologies again, Miss Siyeon. Don't worry, I will find the person who did this," said Mr Kang.

"Very well. I already told you everything so you can let him go now."

"Y-yes."

"Have a good day, Mr Kang."

"You too, Ma'am--I mean Miss Siyeon." Mr Kang gave the phone back to Handong as he finished his call with Siyeon.

"Miss Siyeon already told me everything, s-so you may leave now." Mr Kang released Taehyung from his office. He and Handong stood up from their seats.

"As expected, you're still afraid of Siyeon," Handong teased.

"Miss Handong..." Taehyung asked her not to say that. "Thank you, Mr Kang," they chorused and they walked out of his office. Taehyung exhaled loudly as he finally escape from his investigation.

"That old man finally got knocked out by a wolf." Handong smirked but just for a second when she glanced at Taehyung who still looked worried.

"What's wrong, Taehyung?" she asked.

"I-I don't know what I did just now was right or wrong. Maybe I should've not tell Mr Kang that I'm dating Miss Siyeon," A moment later, Taehyung's phone rang. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and his girlfriend's name appeared on the screen. Handong peeked, smiling as she saw her friend's name.

"It's Siyeon, right? Well, I'm gonna leave you guys alone. See ya." Handong walked away and left Taehyung alone while still looking at the phone call. He swiped up to answer the call.

------------------

"Hey Angel..."

"Are you okay, Taehyung?"

"Yeah, I'm fine just...I'm sorry for telling Mr Kang that we're dating."

"You don't have to apologize."

"I thought you might be mad because I just told him without asking you."

"Taehyung, listen. Sometimes, people can't keep their secrets for too long and not all can keep it forever because one day, they will speak the truth if needed. Like when they're faced with a life changing moment."

"So... you're not mad at me?"

"Of course not. But, I feel sorry because I can't help you."

"It's okay. I think our problems already settled. Thanks to you."

"I should end this call now. I don't want to disturb your work."

"Siyeon?"

"Yes?"

"I.. I love you."

"Love you too."

----------------------
After Siyeon hang up, Taehyung remained silent, thinking what just happened a few moments ago.

"That's her style anyway," he chuckled and walked away with a slight spring on his step.

In the evening, Sua laid on her chair and looked up at the ceiling. Remembering the call as she knew it was Hyunwoo's voice. She pinched the bridge of her nose and tried to think about her plan.

"Sh*t! I can't think!" Sua grabbed her cigarette box and took out a cigarette. As she was about to light it up, a message tone was heard. She grabbed her phone from the table and unlocked her phone.

From: Unknown


"I see Chaewon walking
on the streets right now
A.

L.

O.

N.

E....

What happens
if I approach her??"

End Of Chapter 39.