Chapter 20: Investigate

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"So, you're saying that four unknown girls took the briefcases and the money?"

"Y-yes boss."

"Can you explain how you and your group fell asleep when that happened?"

"They put some sort of sleeping pill inside the drinks and served them to us."

"And you just stupidly drank them without checking what's inside and fell into their trap easily."

"We're sorry boss. It's our fault. We're so stupid."

He sighed. Then, his anger burst as he kicked the leader of the group and he fell hard on the floor.

"Do you know how much I lost today? One briefcase full of drugs costs 15 thousand dollars. Those b*tches took away four briefcases and those cost 60 thousand dollars! Who's gonna pay for this?!"

"W-we will find them, boss."

"Oh you better do if you care about your life. If you don't find them, I will--"

"Hey L..."

"What?!"

"Group 4 has been arrested by the police just now..."

"How can it be?!"

"Our member just called and told me that Group 4 had been knocked down by three girls and two boys."

"! Make sure Group 4 doesn't expose our activities or they will be dead."

"Yes boss!"

"And one more thing; find those b*tches that caused this chaos immediately! I'm sure they aren't the normal kind of people..."

______________________

The Dreamcatcher, Agent Mino and Agent Jimin drove back to NiTE headquarters with the drugs they smuggled from the gangsters. When they arrived, Sua, Mino and Jimin grabbed the briefcases and the bag of money while Jiu and Handong helped carry Yoohyeon who still hadn't wake up, lasting effect from the catnip. 

They went up to C9 where Madam Yoona was waiting for them. As the elevator door slowly opened, they saw Madam Yoona standing with a man they didn't recognize.

"Welcome back a-- what happened with agent Yoohyeon!?" Madam Yoona wanted an explanation from them. 

"She accidentally drank catnip. I'm not sure how long the effect will last," said Jiu. 

"Well, did you guys complete the mission?"

"Yes madam. We took the drugs and stole the money from the owner of the nightclub," informed Sua.

"Right, let's put Yoohyeon down and let her rest on the couch. Place those briefcases inside the meeting room."

"Yes Madam," Handong and Jiu laid Yoohyeon on the couch carefully. After that, they went inside the meeting room with others. They gathered around the table with the briefcases on the table. 

"Agents, meet Jooheon. He's the scientist at our second department. I called him in because he's a master of identifying any kind of drugs."

"Hi, nice to meet you," Jooheon greeted them.

"Hello Jooheon," chorused the agents.

"So does anyone know the lock number for the briefcases?" asked Mino. 

"What about '000'?" Handong gave a suggestion.

"Huh, you think they'd be dumb enough to put the easiest set of codes on their briefcase?" Sua disagreed.

"At least we can try, right?" 

Jimin tried to open the briefcase's lock putting in '000'. Fully didn't expect the briefcase to open, his widened when it did. Dumbfounded, he tried the combination on other briefcases. All four were unlocked.

"Funny," Jiu and the others were paralyzed for awhile.

"I hate it when she's right," Sua grind her teeth and glared at Handong. 

"Jooheon, do your work," ordered Madam Yoona. He grabbed a tiny knife and cut one packet of drugs. He felt the drug with his index finger for a bit and tasted with his tongue. 

"So Jooheon, what it is?" asked Jiu.

"It's Phencyclidine or PCP, as known as Angel Dust. It used to be used as medical treatment in 1950s but it's already been illegal because it has serious side effects. Those side effects when one consumes this drug may be feelings of euphoria, relaxation, numbness, blurred vision and blank stare. But they can be severe if they take it again and again."

"How severe?" asked Jimin.

" or possible death," The agents remained silent for awhile. 

"This drug is usually taken by teenagers 'cause they have a lot of stress. But there's a secret behind this drug that caused it to stop being a medical treatment."

"What do you mean?"

"From what I researched about this drug, there's an incident that happened in late 1950s. The scientists had a test on a half-paralyzed human who can't walk or stand. They injected the drug inside the body and the person miraculously can walk. But his head felt numb and blank. Then, he was out of control as the drug took control of his body. He got a super strength that were different than a normal human and destroyed everything inside the lab."

"So that's why it's illegal. Because the drugs can bring madness to people," Mino and the others now fully understood.

"Exactly."

"We have to find who made these drugs!" exclaimed Sua.

"But how?  We still don't know where the hideout is." said Handong. 

Jooheon walked out of the meeting room and went to the restroom to wash his hands. Then, he went out and wanted to go back to the meeting room when he saw Jiu who was standing and was keeping her eyes on Yoohyeon who still didn't wake up.

"She will wake up soon. Don't worry." said Jooheon.

"That's not what I'm worrying about right now," said Jiu. 

"What do you mean?"

"She took a risky action when were inside the club. She didn't want to and was afraid to do it."

"What was she afraid of?"

"M.A.N"

Suddenly, Yoohyeon's fingers move a bit as she was waking up. She slowly opened her eyes as her vision inside C9 was blurry.

"Where... am I..."

"Yoohyeon, you're awake," Jiu felt relief when Yoohyeon woke up. 

"Jiu? Who's that beside you?" Yoohyeon's eyesight was still blurry. Then, the vision was slowly coming into focus as she saw an unknown man next to her. She quickly freaked out and stood up from the couch. 

"How can he get in here?!" Yoohyeon was panicking.

"Dude, relax. He's a good guy. His name is Jooheon. He's a scientist. Madam Yoona called him here to investigate the drugs that we took from the gangsters."

"Nice to meet you, Yoohyeon." Jooheon held out his hand to shake with Yoohyeon but she just bowed lightly.

"Come on, let's go inside," said Jiu to the duo. They went back to the meeting room where the others were relieved that Yoohyeon had finally woke up. 

"Hello Agent Yoohyeon, glad that you're awake," said Madam Yoona. 

"Thank you, ma'am," said Yoohyeon.

As they sat still thinking about the situation, all of a sudden Jiu's phone was ringing. She grabbed it from her pocket and looked at the phone screen to see who was calling her. 

"Yeah Dami, what's up?"

"What? Are you serious?"

"Siyeon got hurt?! Is she alright?"

"Thank god. So, where is she right now?"

"Okay, I understand. Take care yourself. Bye." She hung up her phone call. 

"What's wrong, agent Jiu?" asked Madam Yoona. 

"Ma'am, Dami told me that she, Siyeon and Gahyeon got attacked by the gangsters at the stall when they were out to eat some street food."

"Gahyeon?! Is she alright?" asked Yoohyeon.

"She's okay but Siyeon got injured on her waist."

"Were they the only agents that fought with the gangsters?" asked Madam Yoona again. 

"No, agent Matthew and Agent Taehyung helped them. The gangsters had been arrested by the police."

"This will be an advantage for us. If the police investigate them, we will know where their hideout is." said Madam Yoona 

"So where is Siyeon now?" asked Sua. 

"At home. Agent Taehyung sent her. Dami and Matthew have to send Gahyeon back to her home."

"Agent Taehyung is still an agent in traning but he's already involved in our mission," said Handong. 

"This will be beneficial for him. Let him get his first experience on an S class mission," added Mino. 

"From his personal record, he joined military before and became a sergeant but then he quit and joined the agency." Madam Yoona told to the agents. 

"Quit? Why?" asked Jiu. 

"Unknown. It's classified."

"But he acted like a newbie that didn't know anything about being an agent when he first got here." said Yoohyeon.

"Just like Siyeon who I also thought she was a newbie when I got here cause I she's one year younger than me. After that, I knew that she's already been here for 2 years before I got here." Jiu remembered her past when she wanted to be an agent for the first time. 

"But you're lucky that Siyeon chose you as a leader cause she didn't want to," said Sua. 

"I didn't know why she didn't want to become a leader. She just said that she hated it."

"Maybe she has her own reason but didn't want to tell. She seldom share her secret with you girls, right?" inquired Madam Yoona. 

"Yes, but I have been curious about her these days,"said Sua. 

"What?" asked Handong.

"She and Taehyung had become more closer."

"Yeah, I also realized about it too. She didn't speak to any man after the incident but she started to speak with Taehyung who just got here a few days ago. Didn't you girls think this is weird?" Jiu also thought the same things too. 

"Maybe it's just a coincidence," Jimin spoke up. 

"Yeah you may be right but it will be shocking for us if she falls in love with Taehyung." the girls were chuckling.

"Okay girls, enough gossip. So, because of you girls and you guys completed this mission for today, I will give you girls a day off for tomorrow," said Madam Yoona

"Are you serious?" Yoohyeon was surprised.

"Yes, I will go to the police station with Agent Mino and Agent Jimin to join the investigation about the gangsters tomorrow. Inform this to Agent Dami and for Agent Siyeon, let het rest for a couple days till she recovers. Is that clear?"

"Yes ma'am!" said the girls. 

"Good. That's all for today, you girls can go home now and thank you so much for coming, Jooheon."

"No problem, Madam Yoona," Jooheon replied.

Madam Yoona walked out of the meeting room and left the girls and 3 men inside. 

"Thank you so much for helping us, Jooheon," said Mino

"You're welcome, it's a pleasure to help you guys instead of just being in the boring lab." Jooheon smirked.

"Yoohyeon, you have anything to say to Jooheon before he goes?" asked Jiu to Yoohyeon.

"I-Im sorry that I freaked out in front of you just then," said Yoohyeon shyly.

"It's okay, you look cute when you freak out." Jooheon smiled at Yoohyeon as she blushed. 

"Yoohyeon, why is your face red?" Sua tried to tease Yoohyeon.

"I'm not!" Yoohyeon quickly walked out of the meeting room as she covered her red face. The others were laughing at her behaviour. 

End Of Chapter 20.