Chapter 27: First Infection

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

The ajumma was clinging onto Handong as they rode on her bike to get to their designated location. While they were busy navigating through the neighbourhood to get to the house, the others followed closely behind, including Gahyeon who jumped into Sua's car before any of the members realized what she was doing. 5 blocks from the Lee's house later, they've arrived at the house. As the duo on the motorcycle arrived first, they went inside the house and found the living room trashed. 

"Ajumma, where is he?" asked Handong. Right after, they heard a muffled shout coming from upstairs.

"He's in his room but I locked it," ajumma gave her son's key room to Handong. She took the key and ran up the stairs.

Just a moment later, the others arrived at ajumma's house. They ran inside and saw ajumma standing in the living room alone and looked worriedly at the stairs.

"Ajumma, where's your son and Handong?" asked Dami. 

"He is upstairs and Handong just went up to his room." Suddenly, they heard someone groan loudly from upstairs. They immediately all went upstairs and went to the door that was wide open. 

They barged inside and stopped short, all completely shocked to see Handong lying down on the floor while the ajumma's son advanced towards her. 

"Handong!" he heard someone shout behind him. He turned around and saw the girls. 

"Yoohyeon, take Gahyeon and ajumma away from here. Sua and I will try to get Handong out," said Jiu. Yoohyeon nodded as she pulled Gahyeon and ajumma out of the room to prevent them from getting injured. Gahyeon glanced upon a framed picture that hung on the wall which showed ajumma and her husband with their son. Out of a sudden, her head ached as she groaned in pain. 

"Hey, Gahyeon are you alright?" Yoohyeon held Gahyeon's shoulder as she gripped her head. 

"I-I'm fine... " said Gahyeon. She remembered something when she saw that boy in the picture.

"I...remember now..."

~~~~~~~~~

"Calm down. We don't want to hurt you," Dami slowly came closer to the man as her left hand hid behind her back, covertly wrapping her fingers around a taser in her back pocket. 

While he was getting distracted, Jiu and Sua noiselessly went to Handong who was still knocked out cold. They each hoisted Handong up with both arms and tried to go out of the room undetected. With luck on the bad side, Sua accidentally stepped on a pencil cracking it on the wooden floor. The man heard and glared at Jiu and Sua who tried to escape with Handong. 

"Run!" shouted Dami as they made a quick dash out of the room. He could only take two steps before he got shocked on his neck by the taser, and he fell down, twitching. He tried to fight back but then, Jiu came and helped Dami. She took out a syringe which had a catnip liquor inside and injected him, holding hims as he slowly got weaker by its effect. Ajumma's son finally collapsed from the injection.

Yoohyeon, Gahyeon and ajumma went back inside the room as they saw Jiu and Dami lifting him up and settled him on his bed. 

"Is he gonna be okay?" asked ajumma to Dami. 

"I don't know..." 

Yoohyeon looked around his room and found something suspicious as she checked inside a luggage on the desk. Some small and familiar looking packages were poking out of the baggage. She picked one up and looking closer, she knew it was the same drugs that they stole a few days ago. 

"Girls, look what I found," Yoohyeon showed them the little plastic bag. 

"What is this?" asked Gahyeon.

"Angel Dust drug. That's why he was out of control," realized Jiu. 

"Do you know about this, ajumma?" asked Dami. 

"N-no I don't. He never took drugs before," said ajumma.

"We have to wait until he wakes up. Then, he will explain everything to us," said Jiu and the members agreed with her.

On the other hand, Sua was checking up on Handong who still hadn't woke up. She undo ed Handong's button up shirt to see if she got injured. Then, she spotted a big bruise on Handong's left waist and it looked terrible.

"Girls, I need ice. Handong got a big bruise," said Sua clearly. As they heard, they went to Sua who was with Handong kneeling over her unconscious state.

"Damn, it looks terrible," Yoohyeon commented.

"I will go get some ice," Gahyeon ran down to the kitchen and opened the fridge, and looked at the freezer on top. She brought out some ice cubes and grabbed a small towel that she saw on the counter top. She put the ice cubes on the towel and tied up. She went back upstairs with the ice cubes and gave it to Sua. 

"Here."

"Thanks Gahyeon," Sua took it and carefully put the ice cubes on Handong's bruise. Then, Handong's fingers moved a little as she could feel something cold on her waist.

"Cold... It's cold..." she mumbled quietly.

"She's awake," said Sua but she accidentally pressed more on the bruise with the ice cold towel. 

"Argh! I said it's cold!" Handong groaned in pain as she woke up completely.

"Sorry. You got a big bruise so I'm pressing some ice on it." 

"Give me that," Handong took the ice from Sua's hand as she wanted to do it by herself. Sua spotted a barcode tattoo on Handong's waist. 

"I didn't know that you have a tattoo."

"It's not a tattoo, it's--"

"Girls, he's awake," said Yoohyeon. Handong buttoned her shirt back as Sua tried to help her up. They went inside and they gathered around the man. 

"W-who are you."

"Relax, we're not here to harm you. We just want to ask you some questions. First, where did you get these drugs?" Jiu asked him. 

"I... I... "

"It's okay, son. Tell them. They are good people," ajumma tried to comfort him. 

"I-I was work with the gangsters who made the drugs," He showed a tattoo on his right arm to them.  

"Yep he's one of them," confirmed Dami as she recognised the tattoo when she and Siyeon got attacked by the group.

"Who is in charge of making the drugs?" asked Jiu. 

"His name is L and that's all I know because I joined the gang 4 months ago."

"Do you know his hideout?"

"No I don't, only the high members see him and he's a tricky person. Police can't ever find him anywhere. He always go from one place to another to avoid getting caught."

"You still work with him?"

"I don't want to work with him anymore. It's dangerous work. Many of the members died because of an overdose of the drug that they took if they want to stay in the gang."

"Then, why did you work for them although you know it's all shady work?" Yoohyeon asked him now. 

"Because... I want to get more money for my mother. She has a problem with her eyesight and the doctor asked her to get the surgery as soon as possible, if not she will be blind forever."

"So that's why you do this job?  To help your mother?"

"You don't have to, son. I got enough money for my surgery. You don't have to do that illegal job anymore," ajumma tried holding her tears as she worried about him. 

"I-I can't. They threatened me and forced me to continue. They said if I deliver this right on time, they will pay more."

"Do you believe they will do that, I guess not," said Sua. 

"That's why I want to quit. I don't want to do this anymore but I'm scared. I'm sorry!" He covered his face and cried. His mom felt sympathy as she cried beside her son.

The girls left two of them alone and discussed what they were going to do with him. 

"So, we have to send him to the police for the investigation?" asked Sua. 

"I'm not sure about it. We have to discuss with ajumma first," said Jiu. 

"What if he gets locked up in jail?" asked Handong.

"Then, we can't do anything. It's up to the police," They remained silent for awhile as they were still thinking about it. Then, ajumma walked out from her son's room. The girls followed her from behind to discuss about him, except Gahyeon who went inside his room again. 

The man still did not move from his bed as his head leaned on the wall, glaring at the window until he saw a girl coming inside the room. She closed the door and walked closer to him. She grabbed a chair from the study desk and sat beside him. 

"Hi," Gahyeon tried to greet him. 

"H-hey... "

"So... how much did you get when you delivered those drugs?"

"Why are you asking this?"

"I just want to know."

"About 300 dollars per week."

"I see, that's kinda a lot of money. But, did you know that the 300 dollars per week that you got correlates with 300 people that you killed every week?"

"W-what are you... I get it. You're trying to make me feel ashamed. Go on, I'm not mad because you're still young and immature," He smirked as he thought that Gahyeon was still too young to understand about life. 

"Immature... Why does everybody think the same thing about me. Am I too young to help someone older than me?" Gahyeon looked down as her tears streamed down her face. He was a little taken aback, and held her hand as he felt sorry. 

"Look...  I don't mean to say that but I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings," said the man.

"You were so nice when you were a teenager, you know?" Gahyeon spoke as she stopped crying. 

"Huh? Did you know me? 

"Yes, I know who you are, Chae Hyung-won. A person who had a kind heart and helped people a lot. You did a part time job as a DJ in a nightclub, not caring that your school didn't allow it and you were risked from getting kicked out of school. I'm the only one that knows about it because you told me."

"How d-did you--"

"I know a lot about you and I remembered when you saved me when I was 10. You helped me from those who tried to bully me. I remember who you are. The only person that I was close even though we have a five years gap in age."

"Who are you... "

"Oppa, don't you recognize me? We used to play together even though you were already a teen but you still asked me out to play because I didn't have any friends to play with. Hihi.. maybe because I didn't wear my spectacles but I brought it." Gahyeon took out her round spectacles and wore it. Hyungwon finally recognized the girl in front of him. 

"Y-you.. "

"You gave me the name Lucy. Because you told me it means light and you said that when you looked at me, the light shined through me like you can see it."

"L-lee... Ga...hyeon. Lee Gahyeon..."

"Finally you recognize me, Hyungwon oppa... "

----------------

"Ajumma, I hope you let us send your son to the police to testify," asked Dami. 

"W-why?" ajumma was curious and shocked after Dami's statement.

"We just want to help the police on their investigation and the case about the gangsters' activity. We need your son to be as an alibi since he had worked with them before," added Sua. 

"I'm scared. Hyungwon is the only son I have. He likes to help people since he was a child until one day, he helped a young girl who got hit by a car when she was on her way home. He was there when he saw the girl who got hit by a car and the driver sped away. He told me that the girl was his closest friend. He always played with her since she was a child even though he was already in his teens. He quickly sent her to the hospital but the effect of the incident, the girl got an amnesia and she couldn't remember anything, including him. 

"Then, what happened to him?" said Jiu.

"He was sad and blamed himself because he couldn't save her memory. Every night, he always had a bad dream and called his friend's name."

"What is her name?" Handong spoke up. 

"He always screamed 'Lucy' all the time. I think that's her name. I didn't recognize her face cause she never came here. Hyungwon always went out and told me that he will play with Lucy." 

"When did the incident happen?" asked Sua.

"I don't remember...  the incident happened a long time ago. After the incident, he didn't hang out with his other friends and stayed in his room only. Even when he got excellent results for his exam, he didn't want to continue his studies."

"So what did he do?" asked Sua again. 

"He was doing his part-time job as a DJ when he was in high school but he took it as a full time job, and I thought he was still with that job until he told me that he's doing that illegal job to help me. I was giving him too much pressure..."

"No ajumma. You didn't. He did that job and wanted to help you because he didn't want to lose you just like he lost Lucy, his closest friend. He already suffered before and he didn't want get the same thing happen again," Jiu understood ajumma's situation.

"Please don't blame him for doing that job, ajumma," added Dami.

"No, I never blame him at all. He's always taking care of me and I love him so much. I will let you take Hyungwon to the police station for investigation, but I'm scared he will get sent to the jail."

"We will take responsibility for him. Don't worry, everything's gonna be alright," said Jiu.

"Hey Yoohyeon, where's Gahyeon?" asked Sua to Yoohyeon.

"Maybe she's upstairs. I will get her," Yoohyeon walked to the stairs and went to the second floor. She went to Hyungwon's room where it was already closed. As she thought that Hyungwon fell asleep, she slowly opened the door and peeked if Gahyeon was in the room but what she saw more than shocked herself.

"Gahyeon, what are you doing... "

End Of Chapter 27.