Chapter 29: Lucy's Memory

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"Hey! What are you doing with the girl?!" a teenage boy yelled at a group of girls who pushed a girl to the ground. 

"We're just playing with her, right Gahyeon?"  one of the girls turned her head to the girl on the ground, cocking her head as if daring her to fight back. The boy rushed to the innocent girl and knelt down to check on her. 

"You girls splashed water and dirty her clothes, this is what you call 'playing'?" the boy asked, perplexed.

"Who are you sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong?" the girl spat back.

"I'm... her brother, why?" the boy lied. Judging on how they reacted, they believed him. 

"You better back off or I will report this to your family about what you've done to my sister. Go!" the boy warned and they scattered away from him. After they were gone, the boy looked down at the girl who was still crying. Now that he was closer to the girl, he found her clothes disheveled and stained, most probably from her getting pushed around and water splashed on her person.

"Are you alright?" asked the boy. The girl was scared to speak as she didn't know the boy at all. 

"Don't cry. I'm not gonna hurt you. What's your name?" the boy coaxed for her response.

"Lee Gahyeon..." the girl said softly.

"I'm Chae Hyungwon. Can you tell me what happened?"

"I was on my way home from school but then they asked me to hang out and play with them. I didn't know they would do this... "

"I see. Come, I will send you home. Let's go." Hyungwon lent his hand to Gahyeon and she grabbed it, pulling herself up. He was accompanying Gahyeon the whole way back to her house, making sure that she didn't have another run-in with the bullies. Ten minutes later, they arrived at Gahyeon's house. Looking at the house they stopped at, Hyungwon couldn't function his jaw muscle as he saw a big beautiful house that Gahyeon seemingly lived in.

"This is my house," said Gahyeon.

"Wow it's big. You must be from a rich family, I'm guessing."

"My parents are rich. I'm not." Gahyeon blushed. Hyungwon chuckled softly at how shy Gahyeon was. 

"Thank you for sending me home, Hyungwon oppa."

"You're welcome. Don't be friends with them anymore. They are really bad. If they bully you again, I will come and save you, Okay?"

"Okay, goodbye oppa," Gahyeon bowed and waved at him as she walked back into her house. Hyungwon waved back and smiled softly.

"How adorable..."

The Next Day... 

Gahyeon was on her way back home. After Hyungwon saved her from the bullies, they didn't dare come near her anymore. As she walked on the street she always used to go home, she saw three teens approach Hyungwon menacingly.

"Hey Hyungwon, where are you going? You want to run away from us like last time?" 

"Leave me alone. I have to go home now. My mom is sick."

"Your mom can wait. But right now you have to help us."

"I don't want to lend you money anymore. You said that you will pay me back but you haven't!" 

"I told you that I will if I have the money but right now, I'm broke."

"If you're broke then ask your family or someone else. Now, go away!" As Hyungwon turned to leave, one of the trio grabbed him and punched his face. Hyungwon fell down hard on the ground.

The boy who punched him shook his hand and grimaced, "Damn, here I am asking you nicely but you still don't want to help. Guess I have to use another way. Hold him," The boy barked and his two friends grabbed Hyungwon tight. He punched and kicked Hyungwon many times as Gahyeon was frozen in shock and could only watch as Hyungwon took hit after painful hit. She couldn't stand watching doing nothing and finally sprinted to Hyungwon. 

"Hyungwon oppa!" The boys halted and turned where the voice came from. They saw a girl was quickly running up to them. 

"Huh, who are you, little girl? Hyungwon's sister?" the guy smirked.

"Gahyeon, what are you doing here? Go! Run away from here!" Hyungwon begged for her to leave but Gahyeon stood her ground, she felt distress and anger at the same time.

"Please don't hurt him, I'm begging you!" Gahyeon wailed, her tears falling from her eyes.

"Such a crybaby," the guy turned back completely ignoring her and he swung back his fist, about to pummel Hyungwon until Gahyeon grabbed the boy's hand with all her strength.

"What the ! Go away, you parasite!" The boy scowled, pushing Gahyeon away and she fell down hard.

"Gahyeon!" Hyungwon cried out. Seeing Gahyeon got hurt, he reached his limit. 

He stood up and struggled against the grip between the two boys. The instant their hold were loose, he wasted no time in swinging his fists on both of them. As they were knocked down, the boy who pushed Gahyeon was distracted and Hyungwon quickly landed a strike on his jaw. While all three of them were down, Hyungwon took his chance as he grabbed Gahyeon and ran away from them. After running far enough away from them, he and Gahyeon stopped running and huffed, breathing in deep breaths to calm down their racing hearts. 

"Gahyeon, are you hurt?" Hyungwon checked on Gahyeon if she got bruised or a wound. Luckily, she shook her head signaling she was alright.

"Oppa, your chin... it's bleeding" Gahyeon realized Hyungwon's chin had a small wound as he got punched by those bad guys. 

Hyungwon dabbed on the wound with his fingertips, feeling if something was broken. "It's okay, Gahyeon. It's not too serious." He didn't want to make Gahyeon worried. Then, Gahyeon grabbed something from her bag and pulled out a bandage with cute animals design on it. She put it on Hyungwon's chin and he held still, letting her put it on.

"Thanks Gahyeon," He smiled at her. 

"Oppa, who were those guys?"

"They... were my friends but not anymore."

"Why did they punch you?"

"Because they are bad guys, Gahyeon," Gahyeon nodded solemnly. She suddenly giggled, like she just thought of a joke.

"Why are you laughing? Did I say something funny?" Hyungwon was curious.

"Oppa, don't you think this is a coincidence? Yesterday I got bullied by my friends and you came to save me. Today, you got punched by your friends and I came to help you, well sort of..."

"Haha yeah,"  Hyungwon chuckled a little. They remained silent for a while as they looked up at the blue sky. 

"Gahyeon," Hyungwon called.

"Yes?"

"Do you...want to be friends with me?" Gahyeon's attention snapped at him. For a while, she thought what Hyungwon just said. She was happy now that she had a true friend she can be with. 

"Yes. I want to be your friend," She nodded. Hyungwon held her hand and crossed his pinky finger with hers.

"I promise that I will never leave you alone, Gahyeon," Hyungwon made a promise to Gahyeon.

"And I also promise that I will always be by your side, Hyungwon oppa," she grinned, showing her teeth.

"You know, you don't look like Gahyeon to me." Hyunwon just realized something.

"I don't understand, oppa."

"You look a little foreign. Do you have any foreign name?" Gahyeon shook her head as she didn't have any other name. 

"Hmm let see... what about Lucy?" Hyungwon gave his suggestion.

"Lucy? Why?"

"Lucy means light. When I look at you, the light goes all through inside you... like I can see it."

"Lucy... I like it," Gahyeon grinned and felt happy with the name. 

Starting from that day, Hyungwon always called her Lucy instead of Gahyeon and she was used to Hyungwon calling her with her new name.
________________

"So you've known Hyungwon for a long time?" Jiu asked Gahyeon and she nodded. 

"And after that, you got into an accident and didn't remember anything?" added Sua.

"I didn't have any memory prior to the accident when I woke up in the hospital with two broken legs."

"Ouch that must've hurt," commented Handong.

"At the time, a man and a woman I didn't know were beside me. They said that they were my parents but I couldn't remember them. Then, my mom told me that someone gave me a necklace. He was the one who saved my life because he sent me to the hospital immediately after I got hit. If he didn't, I would probably be dead now." She took out her star necklace from inside of her shirt and looked at it. 

"That necklace is from Hyungwon?" asked Dami. 

"I didn't know who gave it to me. He didn't leave any messages to my parents after he saved me. They said that he ran away and then poof.. not a trace of him after that. I didn't want to wear it but my instinct said that I should wear it for some reason. I felt that it was telling me that I will find who gave this necklace to me. Then finally, I found out who he is and remember everything when we were in his house. I looked at all the photos in the house and my memory started to have flashbacks, everything I couldn't remember before about him."

"But how can ajumma don't know you if you and Hyungwon already know each other for a long time," asked Yoohyeon.

"Because I never met his mom and he never met my parents. Though even if he met them especially my dad, he would not allow me to be friends with him. 

"You were still a little girl back then and Hyungwon was a high school student and probably the same age as me and Sua. That's why he wouldn't allow you to get closer with Hyungwon because he thought that Hyungwon would do something bad to you. Anything could happen, Gahyeon. We didn't know when it would be," explained Jiu. 

"Hyungwon oppa did not do anything bad to me. If he wanted to, he would've done it a long time ago when we were close friends."

"We all know Hyungwon will never do that to you because... he loves you more than anyone else," Gahyeon remained silent but her tears started to fall. 

"Unnie, I'm scared. I don't want to lose him. I don't want him to spend his life in prison. He doesn't deserve this," she looked down as she couldn't stop crying. The girls gathered around and hugged Gahyeon to calm her down.

"I think we should get some help," said Jiu.

"Who, Jiu?" asked Handong.

"I think I know who," Jiu grabbed her phone from her pocket and dialed someone that she knew would help them. 

"Hello, sorry for disturbing you but I think we have to go to headquarters tomorrow and we really need your help..."

----------------

The Next Morning...

"Be safe, Hyungwon," Hyungwon's mom cupped her right hand on Hyungwon's cheek and rubbed his face. 

"I will..." He held her mother's hands for a while. Then, a Bugatti Veyron car came and parked in front of their house. He slowly let her hand go and walked away to the car. As the car window slid down, he saw the woman who wanted to send him to the police station. She waved at Hyungwon's mom but his mom didn't wave back because she couldn't see clearly who was with Hyungwon. He got inside and closed the door, while sliding the window shut.

"Her eyes became worse, I see," said the mysterious woman. 

"Yeah. By the way, I didn't know that you already know how to drive, Lucy."

"I've known since I was fifteen but that time I still didn't have my license yet. Don't worry, I have one now," she smiled cheekily.

"Glad to know that."

"So, shall we go now?"

"Yeah... "  Gahyeon released the car break and changed gear as the car pulled away and drove to their destination. They kept silent while driving.

"Oppa, do you have to do this?" Gahyeon finally broke the silence and asked him the question she was dying to ask since last night.

"I don't have any choice," said Hyungwon. 

"But...I'm scared, oppa." 

"Me too," They remained silent again and Gahyeon frowned while driving to their destination. A few minutes later, they arrived in front of the building's entrance but neither exited the car as the destination was not what Hyungwon expected.

"Where are we?" he turned to Gahyeon hoping for an explanation why they stopped in front of a big building.

"We're arrived," she grinned.

"But....this is not a police station," Hyungwon became more curious about the building they're in front of, as glanced at the big letters that spelled out "NiTE". Then, Gahyeon's cellphone rang. She picked it up and saw Yoohyeon's name appear on the screen.

------------------

"Hello Yoohyeon unnie."

"Yeah, I'm in front of the entrance."

"Okay, I will be waiting," she hung up her phone call.

------------------

"Yoohyeon unnie said that she and Jiu unnie will be here."

"What are we doing here, Lucy?" Hyungwon was still asking the same question, he wanted to have a clue on why they were there.

"I don't know. They just asked me to send you here."

"They?"

"The female agents that helped you out yesterday." Then, they saw two women walk out from the entrance and saw Gahyeon's car in front. 

"There they are," Gahyeon and Hyungwon got out of the car. 

"Nice car you got there," said Yoohyeon. 

"Yeah, it's been a while since I didn't drive this car. I think it missed me when I was in London," Gahyeon chuckled.

"So, shall we?" said Jiu. 

"Where are we going?" asked Hyungwon.

"There's someone that wants to meet you."

"Unnie, you don't mind if I park my car in front of the entrance?" Jiu glanced warily at a guard who was near them. 

"Guard, come here." Jiu called for the guard. He heard and went to Jiu. 

"Yes, miss Jiu?"

"Can you please move the car over there and park at miss Siyeon's spot? She didn't go to work today so just park there. After that, drop the key at the front desk," Jiu gave the key to the guard. 

"Yes, miss Jiu," said the guard.

"Oh, and here, twenty bucks if you want to buy cigarettes. Just cigarettes, not alcohol," Jiu gave some extra tips for the guard. 

"Thank you, miss Jiu," the guard left and do as Jiu asked him to do. Then, they went inside the building. Gahyeon felt go slack as she looked at the main lobby as it was her first time at NiTE. 

"Woah, this place is bigger than I imagined," said Gahyeon. Then, they saw a few people with the same suits as them bowed when they passed.

"Good morning, miss Jiu and miss Yoohyeon," said the agents.

"Good morning," both of them replied cordially.

"Why're they bowing to you girls when they're go by and saw you?" asked Gahyeon.

"Let's just say that we are their seniors," said Yoohyeon.

"And they also call you 'miss' too."

"Because, we respect them so they respect us," added Jiu. 

"Such cheesy words," Gahyeon mumbled. They walked into the elevator and Jiu pushed the number 3 button as they went up to level 3. As they arrived, they got out and walked to the room 7 which was a meeting room for normal agents. Yoohyeon opened the door and went inside where they found Dami and Handong were already waiting for them.

"Ouh, you're here," said Dami. 

"Where is she?" asked Jiu. 

"Still in the office with Sua but they said they'll be here later," informed Handong.

Madam Yoona's Office.

"Had they arrived?" Madam Yoona arranged some files and put them inside her briefcase.

"Yes, they're in room 7 with the others," said Sua. 

"Good, let's go," Madam Yoona and Sua walked out of the office. They went to the elevator and Sua pushed the button as they waited for the elevator to arrive.

"Madam Yoona. I want to tell you something," Sua blurted, as she couldn't hold in what was worrying her.

"What is it, Agent Sua?" said Madam Yoona. 

"It's Hyunwoo, ma'am. He is back...and... he found me."

"I thought that the period of his imprisonment is still not over. How did he get out much earlier than I expected?"

"I don't know, Madam."

"Did he try to approach you?"

"Almost but Jimin came and help me."

"Agent Jimin? That's something unexpected," The elevator arrived and the doors slid open. They went inside and Sua went and pushed the number 3 button. The elevator door closed, and descended to level 3.

"I think...he came back to me for revenge," Sua started to feel worried as both of her hands were slightly shaking. Madam Yoona patted her shoulder as Sua looked worried.

"Bora, look at me. It's not your fault. You didn't do anything. Don't be scared and don't worry, I will send guards to guide your house for tonight," Madam Sua put her smile on and she held Sua's hand. Her hands stopped shaking and she finally calmed down.

"Thank you, Madam Yoona but Jimin said that he wanted to keep guard for me."

"Since when did you and Jimin become close?" Madam Yoona chuckled.

"Not too long but... he's the most caring person that I've ever met."

"Well, he's the only man that you've ever met after Hyunwoo. But, I believe he will treat you right, unlike what Hyunwoo did to you," As they arrived at level 3, they went straight to room 7 which the others, including Gahyeon and Hyungwon who had arrived with the two agents. Sua opened the door for Madam Yoona and went inside. The girls stood up as Madam Yoona arrived.

"Good morning girls, sorry for disturbing your weekend."

"It's okay, Madam. We were the one to cancel our off day for today, because of him," replied Jiu. Sua closed the door and locked it, so no other people can come and disturb their investigation.

"So you're Hyungwon, am I right?" Madam Yoona looked at Hyungwon, and he nodded as he kept quiet. Then she looked at Gahyeon which she already knew from her dad, Mr Lee. 

"I already know you, Gahyeon. Your dad and I are good friends."

"Nice to meet you," Gahyeon bowed to her. 

"Why am I here? I'm supposed to go to the police but I ended up with people I don't know especially the girls and you," Hyungwon already had enough of the questions inside his mind, now needing some answers.

"I think you still don't know about them. They're actually agents that work under me. They asked you to come here today because we think that you know something that we have been searching for all week," said Madam Yoona.

"Know something? About what?"

"About the drugs that was in your possession yesterday and the gang that you were working with before..."

End Of Chapter 29.