Chapter 53: Tears

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

162a289c559aa66f733500044600.jpg

In a large dark room, all were silent except for the video playing on the large projector screen on the wall. The viral video of Dreamcatcher was playing, showing the agents fighting each other. A satisfied smirk forming from the head of the table.

He chuckled darkly and clapped as the video ended. "The Angel Dust is doing excellent. No improvement is needed. Good job everyone." He praised to the other occupants in the room.

"Thank you, boss!" Their cheers were cut short as a door opened and a person swept into the room and headed straight to the boss. His clutched hands handing over a small envelope.

"Boss, we've dug up pictures of the girls who took our drugs from the nightclub and you are right. They are not ordinary people. They are the elite group of agents from NiTE agency, the only group recruited from the CEO of the company who is known as Madam Yoona; called the Dreamcatcher. There are six of them, but only four of the agents were present at the nightclub."

"Show me." The boss told him. He opened the envelope and laid out four pictures of the Dreamcatcher members, including a picture of Madam Yoona.

He opened the envelope and laid out four pictures of the Dreamcatcher members, including a picture of Madam Yoona

"This is Agent Jiu. She's the leader of the group and the one who paralyzed Hyunwoo with a drug called Neuro-block.

She's the leader of the group and the one who paralyzed Hyunwoo with a drug called Neuro-block

"Next, Agent Sua. Rumour said that she and Hyunwoo were living together but she suddenly disappeared when Hyunwoo was caught by the police and sent to the mental asylum.

"The one who beat Hyuk was one of them?" The boss pointed to the rest of the agents' pictures.

"Yes boss. She's Agent Yoohyeon. She used to know Hyuk before he joined us but she also disappeared when Hyuk was arrested by the police due to his involvement in smuggling our drug oversea."

"Last is Agent Handong. The only foreign agent of the group. No rumours were heard about her so we couldn't find any of her past activities."

The boss remained silent as he glanced at the pictures on the table. Seconds later, he asked. "And the rest?"

His worker pulled out another two photos from the envelope. He showed one picture to his boss, recognizing her as the star from the video they just saw.

He showed one picture to his boss, recognizing her as the star from the video they just saw

"The agent affected with Angel Dust from our trap, and the one in the video was Agent Dami."

"According to our workers, she had been doing some undercover work at one of our warehouses when she and the police elite squad came that night."

"Why was she the only one infected and the police were not?" The boss slid his eyes to the informant's face.

"I-I don't know, boss. Please forgive me," the member bowed his head apologetically, expected a hit.

The boss only sighed heavily, eyes glued on the pictures. "And the last one?"

"T-the last member is her...."

Just as he showed the last picture, the boss' eyebrows raised at the familiar face. Still, he couldn't pinpoint why he would recognize her.

Still, he couldn't pinpoint why he would recognize her

"What's her name?"

"Agent Siyeon, boss. Some of our members said they'd met and fought her and Agent Dami."

"Where?"

"It was at one of the narrow streets near the warehouse and also right at Hyungwon's mother's stall."

The boss nodded and placed the picture back.

"Any past activities about her?"

"Except having disappeared from the face of the Earth a year ago. No, boss."

"Any new information about Hyungwon, then?" he asked frustrated.

Another member stood up. "Negative, boss. Ever since he left our group and gave information about our activities, the NiTE agency had put him under their protection and we couldn't watch his movements easily because of NiTE's agents guarding him every second. That includes his mother who is still in the hospital after she had her ocular surgery. The latest information we got is that he's working in archeology at Lee's Laboratory, at South's forest hill."

"Archeology? It's hard to get a job like that with his current status. Don't tell me someone from the lab hired him," he scoffed.

The member nodded. "It's the CEO, Mr Lee himself gave the job to Hyungwon. The reason is still unknown."

"Find information about that CEO. I believe he must be close to Hyungwon and those agents."

"Yes, boss."

Another stood up from his seat, having just checked on his handset. "Boss, we just got good news from our members. Another one of Dreamcatcher's member was sent into the hospital after the fight at the park"

"Who is it this time?"

"It's Agent Sua."

The boss didn't speak but instead glanced at the paused video at the projector screen. A few seconds later, his voice boomed across the room making the occupants jump.

"All of you dismissed and continue your job."

"Yes, boss!" All the workers in the meeting room bowed and proceeded to the door. As one of his workers went to take back the pictures, the boss stopped him.

"Leave the pictures here," he said.

"Yes, boss." The worker bowed before leaving the boss alone in the meeting room. As the last one walked out and the door shut, the boss arranged the pictures on the table by two groups. Jiu, Dami and Sua's pictures went to the left while the rest he left on his right. He picked up a picture of Siyeon, the woman that caught his eye.

"So, you're still alive..." he smirked.

"Agent Siyeon, huh? Well, I'm gonna keep you for last." He put back her picture on the table and grabbed another.

"Hmm, I'm kind of interested with this mice..."

_______________

Handong was walking along the hospital hall, walking towards Sua's room. She looked up when she bumped into Siyeon.

"How's Jiu, Dongie? I'm about to visit her," Siyeon asked her friend.

Handong sighed, feeling heavy telling her about Jiu. But she would know soon anyway that a hospital garb would greet her other than an empty room.

"She's not in her room, Siyeon. She ran away from the hospital," Handong finally spoke.

Siyeon blinked a couple of times. "What? How could she escape by herself!?"

"I-I don't know. I already checked the windows. There were no stains that she went out there."

"Damn it..." Siyeon grabbed her hair in frustration.

"Should we ask the agents on duty to find her?" Handong suggested.

Siyeon shook her head. "No need. I'll ask Mino." She took out her phone and dialed Mino's number, hoping he wasn't busy.

----------------------

"Hello, Agent Siyeon."

"Mino, Jiu just escaped the hospital."

"What?! Where did she go?"

"I don't know. She must have gone for an hour now."

"I think I know where she went. Don't worry, I will try to find her and inform you any news later."

"Alright, be safe."

"Goodbye."

----------------------

"What did he say?" Handong asked.

"He said he knows where Jiu is and he's heading there right now. Hope there's nothing wrong going on with her." Handong nodded and Siyeon leaned against the wall to let a group of doctors pass. A few seconds ticked by.

"So...now, what?" While Handong was asking about her friend, they saw Jimin coming in from the entrance. He looked both ways, until he saw the two girls and headed towards them.

"Hey, I just had a call from Mino about Sua. Where is she?" he asked, worried.

"She's still in the emergency room but they will move her to her private ward on level five," informed Siyeon.

Jimin nodded. "Thank you. See you girls later." The girls just watched him go and at that same time, Taehyung was walking from the opposite direction as well. He saw Jimin and they both nodded in greeting. Taehyung then noticed his girlfriend and smiled as he reached her.

Siyeon's mouth lifted on one side. "Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna visit Matthew and tell him about Miss Dami's condition. He must be really worried."

"Yeah, he needs a friend to make sure he's alright."

"Wanna come with?"

Siyeon shook her head, smiling. "I need to watch over Dami for a while."

"Alright. If you want to go home, just call me." She nodded. Taehyung bowed slightly to Handong and left the duo as he walked towards the elevators. He went in just as one opened.

Handong turned to her friend. "So which room did they place Dami in again?"

"Top level of the building, which is more secure and harder to get in. Just be cautious 'cause we don't want another sh*t to hit the fan. Again." As Siyeon advised Handong jokingly to lift up her mood, it had the opposite effect on her friend as she sagged against the wall.

"What's wrong?" Siyeon asked.

"We don't have enough members to face L, Siyeon. Jiu, Dami, and now Sua are incapacitated, even though she's more immune to injuries than us. Ugh, L is trying to take us down one by one with his made up game, dude." As Handong ranted about L's current mastermind, Siyeon suddenly thought of the message they received from L. And now she was starting to understand the message. A threat more like.

"The message..." Siyeon muttered.

"Yeah. Now, three 'mice' is already down and one of the mouse will rise with a different side that has already been shown. The only ones left are me, you, Tree and... Madam Yoona."

Siyeon's brows furrowed at the implication. She couldn't think of how to handle this situation except to protect her friends and their boss.

"When Dami's awake, tell her that I said hi." Handong turned to walk towards the double doors.

Siyeon looked up startled. "You're leaving?"

Handong stopped but didn't turn around. "Yeah. NiTE will be chaotic if one of us aren't there and lead the agents. But first, I need to see Xiumin to cancel our date this weekend."

"Take care..." Handong waved and walked out from the hospital. She went to the parking lot and went to her bike. As soon as she put on her helmet, she steered out of the parking area.

A man looked on from behind a tree, his eyes on her as she turned a corner. He took out his phone and waited for the receiver.

----------------

"The tracker had been placed. She's heading out."

"Good. Wait for my command."

"Yes, boss."

---------------

Half an hour later, she was in front of Xiumin's house. She felt heavy for a girlfriend having to cancel their long planned date. But Handong hoped that Xiumin would understand, it was part of her work after all. She held her breath, huffed out and got up from her bike.

Pressing the button before she lost her composure, she waited. A buzz was heard and a voice spoke through the speaker. "Who's there?"

"Your crazy bossy girlfriend."

"The door's not locked but can you wait for a bit in the living room? I just worked out and I need to shower."

"Can I join?" Handong .

"Don't you dare," Xiumin laughed and the connection was cut.

Handong smiled smugly at Xiumin's reply. Shaking her head, she opened the gate and went towards the front door. As she went inside, she couldn't help but admire his ridiculously tidy house. Just like when she had been into his house for helping him his stuff on their first met before,  everything could've been taken out straight from a furniture magazine; with no strewn over clothes on the couch, nor could she see rings on the coffee table.

A few minutes later, Xiumin walked down the stairs smiling when he saw Handong playing a game with her mobile phone.

"Had an off day today?" Handong lifted her eyes at him as he descended the last few steps.

Handong smiled. "Oh hey. Not quite. What about you? "

"Night shift tonight." He sat down on the couch besides Handong.

"I see..." Handong nodded then looked down, putting her phone away.

"So... why did you come here today? I don't think you're here just to see me. Is there something you want to tell?" Handong's eyes snapped up to his when Xiumin asked that question. Frozen as his eyes only showed concern. How could she do this when he was looking like that? So utterly kind with no faults.

Handong opened a couple of times. "Actually Xiumin.... about our date... I can't make it this weekend."

Xiumin blinked twice. "Oh..."

"I-I'm sorry. I-I'm so frustrated with my work and my members... I-I don't know how--" Xiumin rested his hands on her shoulder, calming her.

"Hey, it's okay. I don't mind if you want to cancel our date. I understand what you and your friends are facing right now. The most important thing now is you and your friends' safety," he spoke as he stared intently into her eyes.

Handong's shoulders sagged, and nodded as she agreed to his point. "W-we don't know what to do. Those gang members... they're really targeting us, one by one. First was Jiu, and after that Dami, and now Sua..."

"Yeah, I saw the video about you and your friends trying to stop Dami--" Handong's eyes snapped up at him bewildered.

"Video? What video?"

"A video about you and your friends this morning?" She wished that she was not hearing clearly as none of the girls knew about any recorded video footage of them.

"We're not supposed to show ourselves in the media. What video are you talking about?" Handong was not believing it at first but then, Xiumin took out his phone and showed her the video. She was shocked to find it at the top trending, already having two million views.

"Here." Handong gripped the phone as she saw her members in the video fighting. The longer she watched, the more she felt her temper rising.

"That er... We're forbidden to show ourselves to the public! Now our identities as spies is compromised--"

"S-spies? I-I thought you're just an elite agent Handong?" Handong shut in alarm cursing internally as she forgot about Xiumin next to her. This is one of the reasons why Madam Yoona warned her not to speak when she was anxious. As she deliberately took her aside and told her the most important rule from Dreamcatcher's contract; 'It is forbidden to implore of the official status of the spies except the agents and staff in NiTE."

"Handong, talk to me." It was moments later that Handong still hadn't responded Xiumin's question. She looked up at him and steeled her nerves.

"Yes, I'm an elite agent, but I'm also a spy for NiTE. Dreamcatcher squad is the only spy agent in the agency because my friends and I are the only agents recruited by Madam Yoona herself. Being the Lee's bodyguards was just our sub-mission and to cover our identities, as our main mission was located in his neighborhood. We were not supposed to become the Lee's family bodyguards anymore after Dami was found out by Gahyeon when she was working undercover and after all was said and done, our identities were told to proceed with our mission..." Handong trailed off, looking at Xiumin for his reaction.

Xiumin still sat there, a baffled expression as Handong confessed. It took a few seconds to grasp the words she was saying. "Then... what will happen to Gahyeon after you complete the mission?" he asked.

Without hesitation, Handong said, "Madam Yoona... will erase her memory about us."

Xiumin couldn't hide his expression as he eyes got bigger, completely shocked. "T-that can't happen. You do know that she just got her childhood memories back right?" Handong just swallowed heavily.

His voice got slightly louder in panic. "T-then what about her parents, Hyungwon, me? Are we also going to have our memories wiped?"

"The Lee's and Hyungwon don't know about it as we swore Gahyeon to keep our secret... but you... "

Handong stopped speaking and Xiumin understood enough what will happen to him and Gahyeon. "So Gahyeon and I will..." he muttered as he looked up at the ceiling defeatedly.

Handong held his hand tightly. "Xiumin..." She felt sorry for telling him and she knew Xiumin couldn't accept it.

"You know, Handong. When I first met you, I fell in love with you from first sight and I wasn't expecting that a bossy girl could accept a nerdy guy like me." He smiled ruefully but Handong still looked at him in concern.

"But..." Xiumin muttered.

"I knew that every woman that I've dated weren't going to stay long..." Handong felt something stab deep in her chest.

"X-xiumin, I'm sorry--"

Xiumin looked at her with a calm smile as he held her hand. "It's okay. I'm fine if you want to break up with me. I think this would be best than getting my memory erased with an unknown memory-erasing machine which I didn't know existed until now." Xiumin smiled again but this time Handong sensed something about him.

He let go of her hand and got up from the couch. "Anyway, since it's already lunchtime, why don't you stay here awhile and I prepare some food? I hope you don't mind eating simple food." Xiumin then turned to walk to the kitchen.

As he almost reached the kitchen, Handong grabbed his hand and pulled him back, making him turn around and face her. She realized why Xiumin was smiling so much when he was telling her of his feelings. He was trying to cover his sadness and Handong felt guiltier as she saw his wet cheeks.

Xiumin quickly wiped his tears away, looking away from Handong. "Ah, just had some dust in my eyes."

Handong reached his face and dried his tears. "Is it painful?" she asked.

Xiumin's teary eyes looked at her. "I..." His throat clogged and he burst out in tears.

Handong swallowed a lump before she asked him, "Why did you try to lie to me, Xiumin?"

"I-I don't want you to feel the same too..." This reminded her back when they were at the log cabin house. They were in similar situation except Handong was crying in her sleep and Xiumin was the one that calmed her down. And he had never left her alone since then. Now, Xiumin was crying because he didn't want to let her go.

They both had the same personality; both of them cloak their sadness from everyone and can only let it out when they were alone or with someone they really trust. Handong cupped his cheek, finally understanding him.

Without hesitating, Handong moved closer and her lips touched his. Xiumin didn't move away, instead his hands held her waist and pulled her closer to him as their kiss started to get more rough. Suddenly, Handong pulled away and pushed him hard on the ground. Xiumin could only stare in surprise as Handong went to straddle him. She wasted no time taking off her black suit and tugged her tie from her neck.

"H-Handong, what are you--" Handong put her index finger on his lips, letting him be quiet. When Xiumin didn't object, she continued to her white oxford off from her body. Xiumin couldn't speak nor could he think because of what was happening in front of him. He caught her eyes, seemingly filled with something intense which only made his blood race in his veins.

"I need you to prove to me that you love me, Xiumin..."

End Of Chapter 53.