Chapter 22: Solo

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

The Dreamcatcher didn't go to work as they had a day off after completing their mission the day before. They all had a laid-back and relaxing day or staying at home doing nothing at all. But not for Dami. She was putting her clothes on in all black hoodie and cap, ready to go out. She went to the front door and was about to step outside but Matthew stopped her.

"Dami, where are you going?" asked Matthew.

"Umm, I'm going to go to NiTE."

"I thought you have a day off?"

"Nah, it's not about work.. See ya later." She opened the door and walked out of the house and quietly closed the door.

"Strange... " Matthew mumbled.

--------------------

She was driving her car to where the ajumma told her about the alleyway the gangsters always went to beside the abandoned nightclub. She was supposed to investigate with Siyeon but due to her friend's injury, she didn't want Siyeon to get involved and further worsen her injury.

She parked her car in front of a restaurant closest to the abandoned nightclub so she can closely see and spot the gangsters if they were walking in and out of the narrow street. She noted the ajumma telling her that the gangsters would always be present by noon, so she had to wait until noon. Even if it will be boring as watching paint dry, she had to wait.

----------------

In the meantime...

As per routine, Jiu and Sua were at the gym as they always worked out together. They had to maintain their toned physique and stamina so they can be in top shape when working on cases. Currently on the treadmills, Jiu had a dead on focus, running on the machine without catching any break while Sua was walking casually holding her cellphone at her face. She was texting someone and chuckled a little at what the other person was saying.

"Yo, who're you texting?" asked Jiu.

"I think you know who it is."

"Don't tell me it's Jimin."

"Yep."

"When did you guys exchange numbers?"

"Yesterday. He asked for my number and I gave it to him."

"He's one year younger than you."

"Why did you sound like Dongie when you said that? Is it illegal if I fall in love with someone who's younger than me? Huh?"

Jiu rolled her eyes, "I didn't say it was illegal, I just said that he's younger than you. But, he looks pretty mature so I think he's fine for you."

"Of course he is. If he's not, how can he be a leader of his squad. Besides, we just started talking as friends and after that I will move to the next step," Sua winked. 

"Is he calling you 'noona?' "

"Nope. Maybe he doesn't know my age. But if he calls me 'noona' it will be a cutest thing ever," Sua was already dreaming about it.

"Okay Sua noona, now let's stop texting and focus on your work out."

"Why did you call me that? Are you a man or a woman?"

"I'm leader of the squad so, I'm like the father of the family. You're the mother and we have to take care of our four children."

"Not four, five children."

"Who did I miss?"

"Our baby Gahyeon. Don't you remember? We just had her not too long ago."

"Hold up. When did you give a birth and when did we plan to have our fifth child? We can't even control all of our four children, especially the third one and now you're saying we have five kids?" Jiu looked at Sua through the big mirror in front of them. Mock horror showing on her face.

"Before my feet is meeting your face, you better stop talking nonsense because people are already staring weird at us." Sua gritted her teeth.

"Because they think that we're lesbian? I don't mind if you swing that way, Sua," Jiu smirked.

"But I'm not lesbian!"

"Then, why are you always grabbing our asses and spanking it all the time?"

"Because.... hehe," Sua started thinking about all the times she grabbed their asses.

"Now you're the one making a weird face!"

----------------

Handong and Yoohyeon were on the way to an american restaurant as they wanted to eat an american breakfast together. Handong was riding her bike in full speed while Yoohyeon was at the back, hugging Handong tightly so she wouldn't fall off.

As they were arriving at the restaurant, Yoohyeon got off of Handong's bike and took her helmet off and fixed her messy hair. Handong went to take it off too but surprised Yoohyeon as her hair fell perfectly.

"Why am I the only one that has to look messy and you don't?"

"Maybe because I went to a salon prior picking you up."

"Pfft, show off."

They headed to the restaurant in unison and pushed the door open. Looking around the restaurant, both of them saw someone they recognized sitting at an empty table, apparently waiting for them.

"Handong! Over here!" the man called out for Handong and waved at her. She and Yoohyeon went to the table where the man sat.

"Sorry we're late, Xiumin," said Handong.

"It's okay, I've just arrived 5 minutes ago," said Xiumin.

"Did you guys plan this?" asked Yoohyeon.

"He asked me if I wanted to come here and eat and told me to invite someone else to join."

"And you invited me. Well, I'll go get a table while you guys have breakfast together."

"Who says that you'll be alone..." Handong smirked.

Just then, the front entrance of the restaurant swung open and Handong saw someone that she also invited to come and have breakfast with.

"Hi everyone. Sorry, I'm late," said the newcomer. Yoohyeon found that she recognized him.

"It's okay, Jooheon. Have a seat," spoke Handong and Jooheon took a seat beside Yoohyeon.

"Hey, Yoo... hyeon right?"

"How did you know him?" asked Yoohyeon to Handong.

"Jooheon was my high school friend back in China. It had been 7 years that we haven't saw each other since I moved here."

"Until we met yesterday at NiTE," Jooheon added. "I barely recognized her because she's changed into a more mature woman. Granted, last time I saw her was in highschool. So imagine my surprise when she's in all suit and tie," grinned Jooheon.

Handong smiled, "And now you achieved your dream to be a scientist. You've always wanted to be one when were still in school."

"With continuous effort in studying smart and getting excellent results. Anything is possible." He smiled a cocky smile, glancing at the occupants around the table. When he looked at Yoohyeon his smile faltered. It looked like she was uncomfortable when he sat next to her.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked Yoohyeon.

"She's fine. She just shy." Handong answered for Yoohyeon. He didn't think that Yoohyeon was being shy as he was reading the face Yoohyeon portrayed as uncomfortable. Before things got worse, Jooheon stood up, grabbed his chair and sat beside Xiumin. Yoohyeon didn't expect that Jooheon was going to do that.

"What are you doing?" asked Handong.

"You said that she's shy. Better if I sit a little far from her before she got more nervous."

"Okay, do whatever you want," said Handong. Yoohyeon felt relief that Jooheon sat a little farther from her. She was still afraid of men and avoided them whenever possible. What happened at the club yesterday was a nightmare for her. Especially when she had to serve the gangsters drinks laced with catnip. So it was no surprise that her heartbeat jumped fast when Jooheon sat right next to her. But the thing is, she wasn't feeling anything bad at all.

"Why was my heart beating so fast when Jooheon was near me..." thought Yoohyeon.
----------------------

Still inside the car, Dami was dying in boredom waiting for the gangsters to appear. She was getting frustrated and was close to giving up from playing the waiting game.

"Where the hell are those ers? It's already afternoon and there's no sign of them. I've drank three cups of green tea and if I drink any more, I'm going to puke." her head slumped on the steering wheel, sighing.

Thirty minutes later, four black vans drove past her car and parked right across the street where she was parked. Then, several people got out of the van and they opened a door at the back of the van.

"That must be them. Gotta get the camera ready. " Grabbing a bag from the back seat, she brought out her camera so she can capture some evidence of the gangsters action. She captured a few pictures as they opened the door and two gangsters jumped inside.

Three oil barrels were pushed out from each van, using platform trolleys to carry them easier. Dami shot a few photos of them but she was curious.

"Why are there oil barrels?" she muttered to herself. When all of the barrels were on the trolleys, they slammed the doors shut and strolled to the small street. Dami got out of the car and careful not to be seen so she didn't get busted.

She went with her camera in her hands and followed them from behind quickly and quietly. When the gangsters walked in the narrow street, Dami hid around the building so she could peek around the corner.

The gangsters stopped moving further where there were two more gangsters guarding outside of the alley. They counted the barrels to see if all were there.

"Open it up," said one of the guards. One of the members opened the lid of the oil barrel where Dami could see it wasn't oil at all, it was chemical.

"Are these ingredients enough to make the drugs?" asked the guard.

"It's just for tonight but it can make thousands of drug packs." Dami heard the conversations between the gangsters and the guard. She captured a few more pictures but then she was scared out of her wits when someone scared her from behind.

"Dami unnie!" they smacked Dami's back hard making her tense up from the sudden shock. The gangsters and the guards heard a loud voice and they tilt their heads and they saw a blonde girl in a black hoodie and cap quickly went out of sight.

Dami swiveled around to look at the perpetrator, "What the... Gahyeon! What are you doing here?

"I'm on my way to the cafe. What are you doing here?  I saw you peeking---" Dami quickly covered Gahyeon's mouth before the gangsters or anyone around knew that Dami was spying on them.

"Shut up, Gahyeon," hissed Dami. Gahyeon was curious and she didn't know what Dami was doing and more when she saw Dami holding her camera.

"You want to go to the cafe, right? I'll take you there," Dami grabbed Gahyeon and pulled her into her car. She was frustrated because of Gahyeon and furthermore, she couldn't capture more pictures as she was worried whether the gangsters saw her face or not. They got inside the car and Dami immediately drove to the cafe that Gahyeon wanted to go to.

"Dami unnie, what are you doing at that alleyway with a camera?" asked Gahyeon.

"Nothing, I just wanted to take pictures."

"Yeah, at the street where gangsters would be that that ajumma told you and Siyeon yesterday? Are you following them? Or are you spying on them?"

"It's none of your business, Gahyeon."

"So it's true? You're spying on them?"

"No."

"Why didn't you tell me?

"I said it's none of your business."
Gahyeon suddenly took the camera and slid open the car window.

"If you won't tell me, I will throw your camera out of the car!"

"Don't do it, Gahyeon!"

"You're asking for it!"

"Okay! I was spying on them, are you happy now?!"

"Why?"

"I can't tell you."

"I will really throw this camera out!"

"Gahyeon, please!"

"You made me do it because you won't tell me. Now, tell me clearly. Why are you spying on the gangsters?"

"Because I'm a spy agent! I was doing my job just now and you almost got me caught!"

Gahyeon heard Dami telling the truth and she closed the car window. She handed the camera back to Dami and she harshly took it back.

"So you are a spy. Siyeon unnie...and the others are spies too. Why didn't you tell me and my parents?" Dami remained silent and she didn't want to answered Gahyeon's question. She already said too much.

A few minutes later, they stopped in front of a cafe. Dami parked her car next to the sidewalk where many customers were coming and going in the cafe.

"Get out, now." Dami gritted her teeth. Gahyeon got out of the car without saying any thanks. She closed the car door but then Dami slid open the car window from a button inside.

"Gahyeon, don't tell your parents about us. If you do, you and your parents will be in danger. We do this for your own good. Don't bother our work and we will not bother you and your parents again after we are done with our jobs."

After Dami warned Gahyeon, she closed the window and drove back to her house. She rubbed her head and whimpered inside the car.

"Ahhhh! I'm doomed! What am I gonna tell the others especially Madam Yoona," cried Dami.

End Of Chapter 22.