Chapter 47: Afraid To Lose You

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

Taehyung had arrived in front of Siyeon's house but remained inside his car. He stared at the house as his mind replayed his last moments with her yesterday. He sighed deeply as her painful words jabbed at his heart again, he was clearly upset but he felt sorry for yelling back at her before leaving her.

"If you really meant it, then I guess I'm doing this for your own good, Siyeon," said Taehyung and soon after, he got out of his car and trudged towards Siyeon's house.

He pushed the security number at the door and went inside the house. Glancing inside the empty house, Tahyung wondered if Siyeon was still in the hospital.

"Didn't she go home yesterday?" he asked out loud. He walked to the bedroom seeing the untouched bed.

"Am I doing this for her own good or... for me..... Damn it." He shook his head, getting rid of mixed thoughts. He walked around the house, taking whatever belongings he had in her house. He looked around the house one last time as if saying goodbye and proceeded to the front door. As he stepped out of the house, Taehyung saw Sua leaning against her car as she blew a long smoke through .

"Coming to see if I got all my stuff alright?" Taehyung spoke.

Sua ignored his comment. "Taehyung, I know you're mad at her on what she did to you yesterday--"

Taehyung cut her off. "I'm not mad at her. I just think I failed to be the man she needed. She doesn't love me and I don't want to force her to accept me."

"Funny that, If she doesn't love you, explain to me why she would cry after you left?" Taehyung's mouth clamped shut at that revelation.

"Sh-she did?" he gasped.

"Taehyung, now we are in crisis. Jiu and Dami are out of mission due to their conditions and now Siyeon has been missing since yesterday and we don't have that many members to complete our mission."

"What do you mean she's missing? Wasn't she with you?"

"She told me to leave her alone and she walked away in the rain." Taehyung remained silent again. He didn't mean to leave her alone but his depressed feelings made him rash, unable to think straight except he knew that he needed to get out of the hospital.

Sua stood up straight, throwing her finished bud on the ground before squashing it with her foot. "Taehyung, you may think Siyeon was breaking up with you thus breaking your heart in turn, she wasn't. That was not her intention. She was having a hard time yesterday. It was her first day being a leader of the group but she already had to face a lot of problems. And right now, she's depressed about her work and her love, and that's you by the way. There's a reason why she told Madam Yoona that she can't love anyone including you."

"I-I'm..." Taehyung was at a lost for words. Regret was one prominent emotion. Like hell, he just jumped to his own conclusion instead of hearing his own girlfriend. He thought he was a better person than that. Taehyung squeezed his eyes, fighting tears of frustration and overabundance of emotion coming onto him.

Sua came to him and patted his shoulder making him look up at her. "You didn't fail to cure her heart, Taehyung. You just have to pass another obstacle to save her and it's saving her from her traumatic past. Please... don't let her get trapped in her nightmare forever." Taehyung set his lips in a straight line, taking in her words.

She stepped away from him and looked at her watch to see it was just past seven. "I have to go. Think of what I said, 'kay? She needs you. See you later."

She walked towards her car and climbed inside. The car drove away, leaving Taehyung alone with his jumbled thoughts.

"Siyeon... How am I going to save you..."
______________

Jiu laid restless in the hospital, watching the news report on the television while Mino was peeling the apple skin with a knife.

"Are you not going to work today?" Jiu asked.

"After this," he replied with tired smiling eyes at her.

"You look so tired, Mino. Why don't you take a day off," she advised him as she was worried about her boyfriend.

"I want to but I have to do an mission today."

"You really work hard these days. May I ask why?" she asked again.

"It's just business, Jiu." Mino replied with a shrug.

"Are you sure? I hope you're not overworking because of me, Mino," Jiu reprimanded him.

"I'm not, babe. Besides, it's just part of my job. Here, eat up." Handing her a slice of apple.

"Thank you." Jiu took a bite. The duo looked at the door as someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," said Jiu and the door slid open. Jiu grinned as she saw who her visitors were.

"Jiu unnie!" Gahyeon called her and rushed towards her bed.

"Gahyeon!" Jiu welcomed her with a big hug. She was glad that Gahyeon and her family came to visit her, at least it made her life in the hospital less boring.

"I really missed you, Jiu unnie," said Gahyeon.

"Aw, I miss you too." Jiu chuckled.

"How are you, Jiu?" said Mr Lee.

"I'm good, Mr Lee. Thank you," Jiu replied and they were glad that she was feeling better.

"And who is this handsome looking guy?" asked Mrs Lee.

"He's my boyfriend, Mino. Mino, the Lee family." Jiu introduced both of the parties to each other.

"Nice to meet you." Mino bowed.

"Jiu unnie's boyfriend looks so handsome," Gahyeon complimented, making said person smile, shooting finger guns at her.

"Yes, he is, and very mature too," Jiu replied with an eye-roll and a warm smile.

Mino noticed his watch and his eyebrows raised. "Well, I have to go to work now. It's nice to see you guys." Mino bid them farewell as he kissed his girlfriend goodbye.

"So, Gahyeon. How's your relationships with Hyungwon?I heard your dad asked him about marrying you." Jiu started the conversation.

Surprised eyes widened at the occupant on the bed. "Eh?! You already know!?"

"Yoohyeon told me."

"Dang that tree unnie!" Gahyeon cursed.

Mrs Lee chuckled softly. "Hyungwon told us that he will wait she finish her study. Besides, They look so cute together and I admire Hyungwon more because he can stand Gahyeon's stubbornness."

"Mom, you're embarrassing me." Gahyeon covered her red face with her hands.

"And he's working with me now. A nice guy and a very hardworking person," Mr Lee nodded approvingly.

"We also heard about her mother who's recovering from her eye surgery. Gahyeon said that Madam Yoona paid for the surgery but we are going to pay the rest of her medical treatment." Mrs Lee added.

"That's really great, Mr Lee."

"That's all I can give him after he saved my daughter seven years ago..."

_______________

Meanwhile...

As soon as Taehyung arrived at NITE, he briskly walked towards the entrance. He nodded absentmindedly towards his colleagues as he walked. But his thoughts were preoccupied about what Sua told him just moments ago.

'Don't let her get trapped in her nightmare forever...'

"Damn, what should I do now," he muttered and quickly turned to the elevator. While he waited for the lift, he didn't realize someone had been following him and stepped up next to him.

"Thinking about yesterday, coffee boy?" Taehyung turned his head and saw Handong looking at him.

"Miss Handong..."

"I think she's not coming to the office today...nor probably tomorrow, I don't know but I hope she won't be gone for an entire year again." She finished with a huff.

Taehyung was confused again. "Pardon?"

"You've heard what happened after her incident, don't you?" she asked him.

"About her disappearance a year after she woke up from her coma?"

"Yep and you know why?" Taehyung shook his head. The elevator door dinged open and both of them walked inside. Taehyung pressed to level 5 while Handong pressed to level 4.

After a short silence, she continued, "Because she was upset. She couldn't handle losing someone she loved and she was devastated to find she couldn't attend the funeral because she was in a coma. That's why she disappeared."

"How did you know she went through that, Miss Handong?"

"Everyone would do similar things if they lose someone they love. They'll disappear off the face of the earth just to calm their mind and heart. Have you ever done that Mr Taehyung?" Taehyung recalled his past on what happened to him after he lost Irene a long time ago. Unlike Siyeon, He caged himself inside his house and didn't go out for almost half a year after Irene passed away. At least, some of his friends knew where he was. But he was worried for Siyeon more, as she could literally disappear like Handong just said.

"Do you know where she would go?" he asked but Handong shook her head.

"Sorry, I don't know where she frequently goes except her house," she said. Then, the elevator opened on level 4.

"See ya later, Taehyung." Handong walked out from the elevator and Taehyung bowed at her as the doors closed.

"Where are you, Siyeon. Don't make me worry like this..."

-----------------

"Where am I..." Siyeon slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was a high white ceiling. She tried to get up. But when her body refused, she lifted her head slowly and realized that she wasn't wearing her uniform. Instead, she was wearing a white t-shirt and short pants. She turned as someone entered the room where she was. She squinted her eyes to see someone carrying a tray with a glass of water and some medicine pills.

"Did you sleep well, Siyeon?" The female occupant asked and Siyeon blinked her eyes rapidly to let her vision focus.

"Madam Yoo--" Siyeon tried to sit up from the bed but her head was hit with a wave of pain.

Madam Yoona went to the bed and helped her get up and lean on the wall. "Calm down." She spoke and held an unknown pill to Siyeon. "Here take this."

Siyeon took the medicine and swallowed it. Then, Madam Yoona gave her water and she thankfully drank big gulps. She was parched. "H-how did I get here?" Siyeon asked.

"I found you outside of a convenience store with a can of beer in your hand. I'm guessing after one, it's done, young lady?" Madam Yoona smirked and sat beside her on the bed.

"I'm still bad at drinking. I think the last time I drank was when I was with Tae--" Siyeon suddenly shut as she mentioned him. Remembering what caused her to drink yesterday.

"Taehyung?" Madam Yoona prompted and nodded as she remained silent for a while.

After that, Siyeon spoke softly to her mentor. "I broke his heart, Madam Yoona. He truly loves me but I'm still stubborn with my feelings and keep on thinking about Hongbin."

"You still can't forget about Agent Hongbin?"

"Including that night ...That painful tragedy is constantly in replay in my head. Why didn't you tell me about L, Madam Yoona?"

"I... was worried you would do something for revenge if you were told about the one who shot you and Agent Hongbin."

"My mind is still stuck in my past even before I was not an agent. My ing life, that painful event. I can't even sleep peacefully at night because these memories kept on appearing in my dreams. Taehyung tried his best, helping me face all the obstacles in my life but I was too stubborn and don't want him to get too involved because I'm afraid that I would lose him just like I lost Hongbin." Siyeon let out her feelings, bare and raw, glad that she was alone with Madam Yoona.

"But..." She continued, "I didn't... mean to break Taehyung's heart, Ma'am. I just want to protect him. I don't want to lose him." Siyeon felt sorry for Taehyung who was only trying his best to help her. But instead, she made Taehyung hate her.

"Siyeon, I have a similar past with yours. I had lost someone that I loved too." Madam Yoona confessed making Siyeon's eyes wide.

"Your... husband?" she asked.

"No... my daughter. She was just 6 years old when she passed away. I was tied with my mission when I was supposed to be with her when she was dying. I was so frustrated and blamed myself when I couldn't be with her until her last breath." Madam Yoona looked up at her with glassy eyes.

She continued, "After she passed away, I ran away from everyone including the one that I love, but my boss found me and took me back. She knew I had heart and responsibility and I tried my best then not to disappoint anyone. Then, she chose me to become the next CEO of this Agency. Even though I have a new life, my daughter's memory still exists. But one day when I was walking on the street, I envisioned her memory to live on when I saw a teenage girl working at a cafe and that girl was you, Siyeon." 

"Me?" 

"At first, I was curious why a teenage girl was working on weekdays when it was during the school term. I was doing research on you, and then I knew why. You were stuck, living in your Hell and that's why I saved you and after that, I started to save the rest of the members and recruited all of you to become agents. When you and Hongbin were shot, I was afraid to lose you too when the doctor said you had a fifty percent chance of survival. I didn't want the same thing to happen again and that's why I'm begging you, including your members, to not sacrifice yourselves for me because all of you have significant others. Including you, Siyeon. You have Taehyung and both of you love each other." Siyeon bit her lips as she took in Madam Yoona's words.

"Right now, let yourself rest and you can come to work you're ready." Madam Yoona patted her shoulder and got up from the bed. "You can stay here if you want. Besides, it used to be your house too.

"I have to go to our second headquarter. Oh and, your uniform is in the laundry and I've already cooked some breakfast on the dining table. Take care of yourself and don't think too much what's going on." Madam Yoona nodded and turned around.

"Madam Yoona?" She turned as she heard her name.

"Thank...you."

She put on her calming smile, "You're welcome, my dear." And walked out of the bedroom.

---------------

"Alright Jiu, we have to go now. Hope you get better soon." Mr and Mrs Lee got up from their seats as they went to leave.

"Thank you, Mr and Mrs Lee," said Jiu and bowed slightly from her hospital bed.

"Let's go, sweetie," said Mrs Lee to her daughter but Gahyeon shook her head as she didn't want to leave.

"Mom, Dad. Can I stay with Jiu unnie a bit longer?" Gahyeon asked her parents.

"Well, I don't know, if it doesn't bother Jiu at all," said her mother.

"I don't mind if she wants to stay with me for a day. Besides, I'm alone for today," said Jiu to them.

"Dad, please~" Gahyeon made big puppy eyes and her dad finally relented.

"Alright but you have to come home before evening, okay?" said her father and Gahyeon grinned happily.

"Thank you, Dad," Gahyeon cheered happily. The married couple walked out from the room and left Jiu and Gahyeon together.

"So, what are we going to do?" said Jiu to Gahyeon.

"I don't know. I want to talk more with you."

"Just a talk? Like what?"

"Like how you and your boyfriend meet each other?" Gahyeon grinned as she wanted to know about it.

Jiu chuckled. "This kid. You're still young too know."

"I'm not young. I will be 20 next year." Gahyeon sulked as she puffed her cheeks.

"Alright. If you want to know, you have to get me a drink from the vending machine first."

"I will go as quick as lightning." Gahyeon quickly got up and ran out from the room before Jiu could call her back.

"Damn, does she even know what I want to drink... That dork," Jiu smirked and shook her head.

Gahyeon successfully found the vending machine to buy Jiu's drink. Grinning, she marched towards the machine when she suddenly saw a guy in suits passing her. The guy didn't seem to recognize her but she was sure that she had met him before. "That guy seems familiar... but where?"

Her eyes lit up as she remembered. "At Hyungwon's mom's stall! Why is he here anyway." Gahyeon decided to follow him quietly from behind as she wanted to know why he was here. Unless it was to visit Jiu unnie but he went up to another level, so not visiting Jiu then. She went up using the stairs and when she arrived, the guy went inside the room where there were two others in suits guiding the door. Gahyeon walked nonchalantly and passed the room but her eyes noticed the name that was outside of the room. It read 'Lee Yoobin'.

'Lee Yoobin... Dami unnie ?!' Her eyes widened and walked back to make sure she didn't imagine it. She didn't realize that she stopped in front of the door and the two guys in suits glared at her.

"Miss, are you lost or something?" One of the guys suddenly asked her.

Gahyeon shook her head. "N-nothing, I... was just passing by here and... I will go now. Bye-bye!" Gahyeon grinned and ran away, disappearing from their sight as both of the guys turned to each other, curious with her behaviour.

"That's weird," said one of that guards.

"Well, at least she's cute though," said his friend.

Gahyeon rushed back to Jiu's room as she was still curious why Dami's name was in front of the patient's room.

"Does Jiu unnie know about it?" she mumbled. As soon as she came back, she slid the door open and went inside. Jiu was about to get up from her bed and then, she saw Gahyeon already arrived.

"There you are. Thought that vending machine wasn't too far from here. Where have you been?" asked Jiu.

"Sorry Jiu unnie. I didn't go to the vending machine," said Gahyeon.

"Then, where did you go just now?"

"I-I'm..." Gahyeon was afraid to tell about Dami to Jiu.

"Gahyeon?"

"I was following a guy that I met with Siyeon unnie and Dami unnie when we went for a midnight snack and that time we got attacked by gangsters until he and Siyeon unnie's boyfriend came to help us." Gahyeon finally told Jiu about it but she was not telling all of it.

"Matthew? Because he was always with Taehyung if he's not with Dami. Why is he doing here?"

"I don't know so that's why I followed him until he went inside a patient's room and I saw... Dami unnie's name at the door."

"What?!" Jiu was shocked about it as she didn't know anything about Dami's condition. "Is her name at the door Lee Yoobin, Gahyeon?"

"Y-yeah." Gahyeon nodded.

"Show me where her room is, now." Jiu desperately wanted to know as she tried to get up from her bed and Gahyeon quickly caught her before she fell down.

Gahyeon was worried about Jiu's condition who still had not recovered completely. "But, unnie. Your condition--" Jiu cut off her words as Gahyeon heard her serious tone.

"Don't mind my ing condition and show me where Dami's room is, now."

End Of Chapter 47.