Chapter 23: Face The Problem

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"Taehyung, wake up. Time to go to work," Siyeon was shaking her boyfriend to wake him up. Taehyung roused and opened his eyes. His bleary and half-opened eyes focused on Siyeon.

"Hey, Siyeon. Good mor-- why are you dressed up in your uniform?" Taehyung blinked his eyes open and tried to shake off his half-asleep state. Sitting up on the bed, he saw Siyeon dressed up in her tailored black suit.

"I'm going to work," said Siyeon.

"But you're still not fully recovered yet. You have to rest more," Taehyung concerned.

Siyeon huffed, "I have a lot of work to do and I don't want to take a break or it's going to pile up."

"But what about your wound?"

"It's fine. I'm just going to do office work. I'm spending all of my time in the office for today."

"Okay, but if something happens I'm taking you back home even if I have to piggyback you or drag you home."

Siyeon laughed at his behaviour, "Okay. You don't have to worry too much about me."

"Of course I need to worry about you. Especially now that you're in this condition."

"Like I said, It's okay. If I'm in pain, I will call you right away. Okay?" Taehyung nodded, satisfied by her response and got off of the bed.

"I'll go take shower first and we will eat breakfast together, okay Angel?" Taehyung cupped Siyeon's cheek and gave a little peck on her forehead. Siyeon smiled, feeling warm inside. Taehyung smiled too, and turned to the bathroom.

After they were done eating breakfast, they went out of the house and Taehyung immediately went to help Siyeon walk to his car. He opened the door and stepped back, making sure Siyeon didn't hit her head and that she was comfortable where she sat. Closing the car door, he went around to the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Did you forgot to bring something?" asked Taehyung.

"I guess not. Let's go," said Siyeon. Taehyung drove carefully as they went to the NiTE headquarter. While on the way to work, they stayed silent, comfortable in only focusing on the road and the buildings that passed by. Taehyung broke the silence as he called for Siyeon.

"Siyeon, can I ask you something."

"Sure, what is it Taehyung?"

"You're the first agent to be in the Dreamcatcher squad but why is it that Miss Jiu is the leader and not you?"

"Hm everybody seems to ask the same question. The reason is not serious at all. I just let Jiu be the leader because she's the oldest out of all of us and she can handle problems easily. I can't do that 'cause I'm too stubborn."

"Like right now. I told you not to go to work today, but you still want to," Taehyung chuckled.

"You just worry too much. I'll do fine, I'll not work too hard today. I promise."

"Okay... " He held up her right hand and kissed her knuckles as he drove to NiTE.

As they arrived, Taehyung stopped the car in front of the main entrance. Taehyung wanted to help Siyeon to get out of the car but Siyeon refused.

"It's okay, I can get up by myself," said Siyeon.

"Be careful..." Taehyung could only look at her getting out of the car. He knew he couldn't help Siyeon because if he did, they would be seen by other agents doing errands on the ground floor of the building. Plus, most would likely stop and stare at them, thinking that Taehyung and Siyeon are in a relationship. It wouldn't do to get a lot of attention when they only started dating. He could only imagine the barrage of questions and stares if people find out. No, he couldn't let anyone know yet, especially Siyeon's members.

"Thanks for sending me to work," thanked Siyeon.

"No problem. I will pick you up after you're done with your work."

"I might be finishing late."

"Then, I guess I have to wait for you then," Taehyung grinned his boxy smile.

"Taehyung, you don't have to. You can go back home and wait for me there. Sua will send me home."

"Okay... " Taehyung nodded, feeling slightly disappointed.

"See you later," Siyeon smiled and waved at him. She turned and left, leaving Taehyung in the car as she walked to the main lobby of the headquarter. Taehyung looked back to the road and drove to the underground parking lot and parked next to Matthew's car.

He went inside the building and a couple of meters away, he saw Siyeon and her friends approaching her. He was close enough to hear their conversation.

--------------

"What are you doing here, Siyeon?  You're supposed to take a rest," asked Jiu.

"I have to arrange the files and data in the computer. I don't want to postpone my work," replied Siyeon.

"Ah I forgot. Dami once told me that Siyeon hates to hold off her work any longer than necessary," smirked Handong.

"Because I'm forgetful. Dami told you, right?" Handong nodded.

"Speaking of Dami, where is she?" asked Sua.

"I don't know. I saw her car just now but I didn't see her," said Yoohyeon.

"Maybe she's practicing her kendo at the dojo or reading at the mini library," Jiu mentioned.

"She's badass but a nerd too," laughed Yoohyeon.

"Well, we can't deny that she's smart and always think twice before doing something that can harm her." Sua was mocking Yoohyeon as they remembered about their latest mission just a few days ago.

"Sometimes, doing something that you didn't plan at all can achieve what we target. At least I managed to complete our mission even though I have to drink catnip and forced the ing gangs to drink using...  I don't want to remember about it!" Yoohyeon didn't want to recall what she had to endure.

As they were talking to each other in front of the elevator, Siyeon spotted and looked at Taehyung who was speaking with his friends. From the corner of her eyes, two girls were approaching where he was standing. She trailed their path with her eyes, her eyes getting narrower the more they got closer to him. Stopping a couple of feet away, one of the girls nudged her friend as a signal to speak with Taehyung.

"Hey T-taehyung, Would y-you like to go out with me this Saturday?" asked the girl. Taehyung was taken aback by their question at first. Then he remembered that he wanted to go on a date with Siyeon then.

Glancing over the girl's head, he realized that Siyeon was there with her phone in her hands looking like she was texting someone. Just then, Taehyung's phone notified with a new message. He took out his phone from his pocket and opened the message he received from Siyeon.

_________________

From: Siyeon

"Just go."

From: Taehyung

"But, our date?"

"We can do it next time.
I can't move too much,
remember?"

"Are you sure"

"Yes."

________________

"I'm sorry but I have something important that day," Taehyung refused politely. Despite Siyeon giving him the go ahead, he didn't want to go out with other girls except Siyeon. He didn't know why she even allows him to go out with another person, now that they are an official couple.

"I see. Well then, see you later," The girls walked away, looking sad that they got rejected.

"You shouldn't have done that," his friend was shaking his head.

"What do you mean?" asked Taehyung.

"Dude, you just rejected the most beautiful agent in our batch. Besides, she comes from a rich family too."

"Hey, I'm not the type of guy that just looks at physical beauty. I'm looking for their inner beauty too, their real feelings inside, a mature and cool person."

"You have a boring taste. Typically, men would want to find a woman who is beautiful and y. But you... That's why you don't have a girlfriend, Taehyung." His friends laughed at him for rejecting a girl. She was pretty and rich one too. Of course, they didn't know anything about Taehyung and Siyeon's relationship.

"The only agent I know that has what you're looking for is one of the Dreamcatcher members," his friend wiggled his eyebrows.

"Who?" asked the other friend.

"Miss Siyeon," Taehyung was shocked hearing his friend's answer. He quickly put up his poker face, pretending that he didn't know anything.

"She's really a cool, smart person and she has that really mature look. Everyone calls her 'wolf face' for some reason. Even our teacher, Mr Kang who's afraid of her."

"Mr Kang? How did you know?" said the other friend.

"I heard it from other senior agents that Miss Siyeon fought with his group members when she was just eighteen."

"By herself?" his friend's eyes widened in amazement.

His other friend nodded, "Yes. Mr Kang challenged one member of Dreamcatcher to fight them and everyone knew that Miss Siyeon would do it. She kicked their without getting a single hit from them and they fell down like dominoes," he cackled.

"That's why Mr Kang was afraid of Miss Siyeon when she came to our class a few days ago," Taehyung's memory finally clicked. Now he knew why Mr Kang was afraid of Siyeon. He grabbed his phone back from his pocket and messaged Siyeon.

____________

From: Taehyung

"You heard them, didn't you?"

From: Siyeon

"Clearly"

"That's why you told
me to use your name when
I called Mr Kang to get a
day off"

"Jiu must have told everybody
in headquarter."

"I don't know about that, but you're
the best :)"

_____________

Siyeon and Taehyung looked up at each other and Siyeon replied with a wink and smiled. Taehyung just chuckled softly a soft smile playing on his lips. Eventually, the elevator door opened and they separated as Siyeon went in with her members to go to C9.

The elevator dinged, signifying they had arrived at C9. the doors opened, and right away they saw Dami lying down on the couch with five teacups on the table. They went towards her and in their minds, they were trying to figure out why she was lying in disarray.

"Why are there so much teacups on the table? Did you drink them by yourself?" asked Jiu.

"Yeah... " Dami said shortly, still staring vacantly.

"Yo, what's wrong with you? You look terrible, like you didn't sleep last night." asked Sua.

"Yeah..." Dami repeated the same answer.

"Damn. I was about to say that she looks alright, but I'm gonna go with yuck," Yoohyeon pulled a face. Sua and Handong smacked upside her head for her unnecessary comment.

"Dami, what's wrong? Did you and Matthew have a fight?" asked Jiu.

"No. It's not about him. It's about Gahyeon," Dami sighed.

"What's wrong with Gahyeon?" Jiu's eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"She knows," Dami covered her face, dreading to even say it.

"Know what?"

"Us."

"I don't understand. What are you trying to say, dude?" spoke Handong.

"She knows that we are spies!" all the girls were shocked with Dami's statement.

"How did she know?" Siyeon managed to spit out the question everyone was having.

"Yesterday, I was following the gangsters and taking all the evidence with my camera and I didn't know that Gahyeon was behind me. I had to tell the truth because she threatened me to throw the camera out of the car if I didn't.. I'd captured a lot of pics on the gangsters' activity with it too, I couldn't let it go to waste."

"So you found their hideout?" asked Sua.

"I'm not sure if it was the gangsters' hideout but I think it's the place they make the drugs."

Handong nodded once, "Okay. Good news is we found their location to make the drugs. Bad news is Gahyeon found out about us."

"So where's the camera?" Yoohyeon asked Dami.

"On the desk inside my office."

"We have to wait until Madam Yoona comes and give us the confirmation. Also we have to tell her about Gahyeon," Jiu told her members.

"No need, I already heard everything," Madam Yoona appeared behind them.

"Madam Yoona!" The girls whirled around, wide eyed. They didn't realize nor heard the elevator door open. Dami stood up abruptly, damning their slip-up on not making sure they were alone.

"Y-you heard everything?" asked Yoohyeon.

"Yes."

"Including...G-Gahyeon?" added Dami.

"Including her, yes."

"We're doomed." The Dreamcatcher had to face with Madam Yoona, sensing disaster in the near future.

End Of Chapter 23.