Chapter 42: Pray

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

As the medic squad arrived at Sua's house, they checked on Jimin and Jiu. Luckily, Jimin's wound wasn't as serious as Jiu's but assessing the state of her body, the team had to immediately send her to the hospital as her heartbeat was starting to fade. The medic squad brought her into their medic van and they drove off to the nearest hospital while Hyunwoo were sent to a different one, the same where Sanghyuk had been. Worried out of her mind, Sua drove her car and she led the way to the hospital. She was like a diver going through a sea of cars, as she honked and sped past to tell the other cars to make way for them.

As they arrived, the doctors and the staff were already waiting outside with stretchers at the ready. And as soon they opened the door, the staff helped them move Jiu on the trolley. Sua got out of her car and followed beside them as they rushed her towards the emergency room.

They went through the halls in the hospital and Sua looked at her dying friend who still hadn't given any sign of consciousness. The blood from was occasionally flowing out.

"Jiu, please wake up..."

As they arrived at the doors of the emergency room, one of the staff stopped her as she wasn't allowed to go inside. She watched as the group continued inside without her. The staff went back inside as Sua stayed outside alone. Worriedly, Sua peeked through the tiny window on the door and she saw that the staff and the doctors were quickly getting in place, and trying their best to save her friend. As routine, they placed different sets of sensors on her body to visualize the heart beat and breathing rate on the monitor screen. It showed that her pulse wave was weak but moments later, the pulse wave turned into a line.

The staff grabbed the defibrillator and one of the staff ed her white shirt. As soon as the defibrillator was ready, they placed both pads on her chest and her body jumped. But there was no sign of activity on the monitor. They increased the volt charge and recharged again. As soon as it was ready, they used the second chance and did the second shock on Jiu. But there was still no sign of life appearing on screen.

Sua watched in distress outside the room as her tears started to stream down her face. The staff was still trying everything to save Jiu. They turned the volt up to maximum and this was their final chance. If Jiu's pulse still didn't show on the screen, there was nothing more they could do to save her. 

Sua turned away from the sight, unable to look if the lines on the monitor stayed straight. She crumpled down on the seats, her vision blurring as she broke down in tears.

At that time, Mino, Jiu's maids, Sua's family and Madam Yoona arrived at the hospital. They called her name as soon as they found her in front of the emergency room. They walked towards her and saw that she was crying.

"Sua, how is she?" asked Madam Yoona but Sua couldn't say anything as she was unable to stop her tears. Her mom hugged her, trying to calm her down as Chaewon patted her back.

"It's my fault. If Hyunwoo didn't do this to her, she would not be here," Sua sobbed.

"Bora, no. It's not your fault. Jiu was trying to help you from Hyunwoo." Her mother comforted her daughter.

"Your mom is right. After all, it's our job to protect people and we all know that too. Now, we can only pray that she will come back." Just then, the doctor in charge of Jiu came out from the room and approached them.

"Are you Miss Kim Minji's family?" asked the doctor.

"Yes. How is she, doctor?" asked Madam Yoona.

"Actually, Miss Kim Minji, she's..."

Few Days Later...

Sua and Madam Yoona were walking in the cemetery, with a bouquet of white rose in Madam Yoona's hand. They stopped in front of a tombstone that held a familiar and fond name that they thought passed too soon. Madam Yoona went up to the grave and placed the bouquet of white roses on the tombstone. They took a moment of silence to pay respect for a couple of minutes. After they were done, they walked out of the cemetery and went to Sua's car. They got inside and Sua started the engine and they went off towards the city.

As Sua drove the car, Madam Yoona's cellphone rang. She grabbed her phone from her handbag and swiped to green icon to answer the call.

--------------------

"Hello"

"We're on the way right now. Okay, bye."

---------------------

As Madam Yoona ended her phone call, she exhaled heavily as if a massive burden came with the news she just received. Sua looked at her boss curiously.

"What it is, Ma'am" she asked.

"We have to go to the hospital... "

****

When I open my eyes, I realize that I am in my bedroom. I get up from my bed, and walk out from my room. I don't remember what happened yesterday or any other day. Do I have amnesia? Because I really don't remember anything. I swear the atmosphere here feels different than usual or maybe that's just me.

When I walk downstairs, I expect to see someone. But there's no one in here. Do I live alone? Why can't I remember anything? When I go to the living room, I glance at some photos hanging on the wall. I glance at the first photo, a family photo. The red haired girl looks just like me but who are the other two people in that photo? Are they my parents?

My mind still can't remember who they are. I move to the second picture where there's a guy hugging me and there are two others, they look to be in their mid 50's and standing in front of my house. Who are they and why is that guy hugging me in that picture? Is he my lover? Damn, I really don't remember anything.

Then, I move to the last photo. A photo of me with six other girls and one of them is a middle aged woman. I am wearing a smart black suit and so are they. Why can't I remember anything? What is wrong with me?

Next, I see a little piece of paper on the picture. I take it and there's a note written on it.

"Jiu, Thank you for being the best agent and the best leader we can ever get."

From: Sua, Siyeon,
Handong, Yoohyeon,
Dami & Madam Yoona

Suddenly, my mind starts to recall the memories that I don't remember and I finally remember who am I and who they are. I remember my name.

I remember my friends, my parents and Mino. But, where are they? I have to find them. I proceed to the front door and when I open the door, a beaming light pointing straight at me suddenly appear and I can't see anything.

I cover my eyes because of the shining light that almost blind my eyes but when I open them again, I am not standing in my house anymore. I am standing in front of the building that I barely know. I see some ambulance outside the building and there are people constantly going inside and also others going home.

"Jiu?"

I hear someone calling my name and when I turn around, A male figure is behind me. I was in shock because I know who he is. But he shouldn't even be here nor standing at all. It doesn't make sense.

"It is you, Agent Jiu. It's been so long," he greets me with his calming smile.

"Hongbin..."

"What's happened to you?" he asks.

"I... don't remember. But why are we here?"

"Well, I guess something happened to you otherwise you wouldn't be in the hospital." Realization comes upon me as I recognize where I am.

"But, why hospital? I thought I was already dead," I speak aloud.

He shook his head. "You're still not dead yet."

What does he mean that I'm still not dead. If I'm not, then how can I see him?

"I think you have to find the answer in here. Let's go." He walks into the hospital and I follow him closely. The atmosphere suddenly becomes strange and I don't know why but I'm starting to feel not good. Then, I see a doctor and the staff are pushing a man in his 50's with a stretcher. I can see that he's fighting to stay alive. Blood covers every inch of his head, like he just got into an accident. The staff push the trolley in front of me and Hongbin. But, something feels strange about that man. Our eyes meet and the man's reaction when he sees me is like him seeing something shocking. He opens his mouth about to say something but Hongbin suddenly covers both of my ears.

"Don't hear it," he speaks and we watch as the man goes into the emergency room. After that, he drops his hands from my head.

"Why didn't you allow me to?" I ask him.

"It's just...you don't have to," says Hongbin. I don't know what he's trying to do but I'm getting more confused.

"Let's go," he says and walk away while I trail behind him. About a few steps later, we hear a loud voice from behind. When I turn around, I see an elderly woman crying out loud and the nurse trying to calm her down.

"He's already passed away," Hongbin speaks up about the man that I saw.

"Come on, we don't have much time," he grabs my hand and walks faster until we reach in front of the elevator door.

"Why can't we just use the stairs?" I ask him.

"Actually, I don't even know where we are going," he chuckles and I think he's just making fun of me.

"What?"

"But, we have to wait for the second clue," he says.

"Second clue? What do you mean? What is the first one?"

"Your memories. Remember? In your house?"

So that's the first clue, recalling my memories. But what is the second one? Hongbin and I are standing in front of the elevator door, stalling. But he says that we are waiting for the second clue and maybe he knows something is going to happen next.

"Hongbin?"

"Yes?"

"Can you tell me why you didn't allow me to hear what that man was about to say?"

"Because...I don't want you to be scared when we're in the different world. That man, he can see us and when he sees us, that means his soul will be taken soon."

I shut my mouth and I start to become uneasy. Then, he pats my shoulder, making me look up and glare at him.

"You don't have to worry about it. Besides, he will forget about you after his soul is taken."

"What are you? A Guardian Angel?" I and he chuckles.

"Hey Hongbin."

"Yes?"

"Do you...miss Siyeon?" I don't know why I ask him that question. Of course he would miss her.

"No... actually." I am shocked to hear that. Did he already forget about her?

"E-eh? Why?"

"Because... I already watch over her everyday," he grins at me. I nodded, I knew he will not forget about his lover. Wait, if he always watch her everyday, it means that... he would know that Siyeon is already dating someone else?

"So... you know that Siyeon is having a relationship now?"
He nods.

"I feel happy for her, actually. She finally opens her heart to fall in love again." He is glad that Siyeon has moved on but...

"But how can she have a relationship with the newbie agent who still hasn't completed the training yet? Man, I was really jealous when they started dating. Even when I was in training, our teacher banned us from having a relationship." His face turned into a pout, and I can't help giggling at his reaction.

"Haha, yeah. But, I would say that he's not like the other newbies. He's kinda 'special' but pretending to be like the others." I say to placate his opinion on Taehyung.

Suddenly, I hear familiar voice from my left. When I turn around, I see Sua with Madam Yoona walking towards us.

"That's your second clue," says Hongbin.

I try to approach them, but I realize that I can't touch them and they can't hear me either. Sua pushes the elevator button as they wait for the door to open. I glance at their faces and I can feel something is bothering them.

"What did Dami told you, Ma'am?" Sua suddenly speaks up. Madam Yoona sighs and tries to keep her face calm. Despite everyone's belief, I can read her and I know she is hesitant to tell Sua about something.

"Something bad happened to her right?" Sua speaks again. I don't know who it is that she is mentioning. Then, the elevator door opens and they walk inside.

"Come, let's go." Hongbin grabs my hand and pulls me into the elevator along with them. As the elevator door closes, it becomes quiet as Madam Yoona and Sua do not speak anything. But a few seconds later, Madam Yoona speaks.

"Her condition got worse, her pulse is weakening as we speak." I am curious what Madam Yoona just said. Who is that person?

"I really hope that she will recover soon. Because of what my ex-husband did to her few days ago, she got serious injuries," says Sua.

"Hyunwoo must have injected the Angel Dust inside his body before he came to attack you. I would assume that he already took too much of the drug until he was overdosed."

"Yoohyeon and Handong went to the hospital to check up on him right? Is he alright?"

"Handong told me that his body had been fully paralyzed."

"What? How?"

"Someone injected the Neuro-block drug inside of him. That drug was too powerful and when it had been added with Angel Dust, all the physical symptoms worsened and he will be forever paralyzed. Was it you that injected the drug?"

"No...Jiu did it" When Sua mentions my name, I remember what happened and now, I remember all the tragedies that happened to me before I was transported into the hospital. So, that's what they're talking about...

It's about me...

"Now, you remember what happened to you a few days ago?" Hongbin asks me. I nod. The last moment before I collapsed, I was with Sua.

Just then, the elevator door opens and Sua and Madam Yoona walk out from the elevator. We follow them and clear as day, we see two agents standing guard in front of a patient's room.

"Good Morning, Madam Yoona and Miss Sua," they gave a salute and one of them greets Sua and Madam Yoona.

"Morning," Sua replies.

They open the door for the duo as they walk into room.

"Are you ready to see yourself?" Hongbin asks me. Granted, I am nervous at first but I really want to see what is happening inside. I nod and we follow Sua and Madam Yoona into the room.

****

As they walked in, Sua's family, Jiu's maids, Mino, the girls including Gahyeon were all in the room. They all stood up when they saw Madam Yoona arriving. 

"It's okay. You can sit down," she said and all of them sat back in their seats. She approached the bed where Jiu was still unconscious. Her pulse were weakening again.

"The doctor came in just now for check up. There's nothing they can do anymore. It depends whether she wakes up or not," said Mino to Madam Yoona as he sat beside his lover's bed. He held her hand and kissed it.

"Don't give up on her, Agent Mino. Jiu is strong. She never gives up on something and so should you." Madam Yoona patted his shoulder to give him support.

Sua went to the other side of Jiu's bed. She sat down on an empty seat and held her hand.

"Minji... I don't know if you can hear us or not but...we really want you back, dude. All of us came here, we just want you to wake up," spoke Sua.

"Yeah dude. You always scold me because I always sleep a lot in the office but... you sleep more than me these days and I can't...scold you for that." Yoohyeon tried to cheer everyone up but at the same time was holding back her tears.

"And you always scold me and Dami because our crazy racing habit on the road," Handong continued.

"And always got fines after that," added Dami.

"When you scold me because I was being stubborn. I didn't mind all your nagging. But, you did that because you cared for me, for all of us... you even help us with our problems," said Siyeon.

"Minji gave me and my husband a place to stay when we don't have anywhere to live," Ajumma spoke as her husband held her hand and smiled.

"Jiu unnie gave me and my mother a shelter for protection when our family were in trouble and paid for my education too," said Chaewon.

"We really do owe her for her kindness..." added Sua's mother.

"I don't know Jiu unnie much but she's like my older sister, and so them too who always take care of me and I'll be forever thankful for her because she helped Hyungwon's life. He got a better job and works under my dad. I already told my parents about him and they accepted him into my family," stated Gahyeon.

"And you saved my life...twice. From my dad and Hyunwoo," said Bora.

"Don't you feel sorry at Mino, who hadn't slept for days just because he wants to take care of you? If you know about this, you would scold him, right?" Sua looked at Mino as he smirked and nodded.

"She would say 'stop what you are doing and go to sleep already. You will be alone if you sleep by yourself.' But..." Mino burst into tears when he remembered what Jiu always told him. Madam Yoona patted his back, trying to comfort him.

"I-I finally realized... what you want me to do... so I don't feel alone when I wake up every morning. Because... I would turn around and look at you, who's already awake... and you'll always wait for me to wake up and say... Good morning, babe."

The occupants in the room felt their throat expand, after hearing Mino's story with his lover. The girls almost lost Siyeon during the incident two years ago, and now Jiu faced the same situation. They all prayed for her, to give her a second chance to live.

"Please Jiu, wake up..."

A moment later, a slight movement of Jiu's finger moved. Mino who still held her hand felt something moved in his grip. The monitor showed her pulse were back to normal state and her finger moved again.

"J-Jiu?" Mino said her name as the others heard and turned towards the bed. Minji's eyes were slightly moving and finally, she opened her eyes slowly.

The grim room suddenly became a ruckus and the two agents outside still didn't have any clue what was happening inside the room. Then, Madam Yoona walked out from the room and they gasped when they saw her.

"M-Madam Yoona. What's going on inside the room?" asked one of them. A smile was beaming on Madam Yoona's face as she wiped her tears away.

"Call the headquarters to make an announcement..."


 

Agent Jiu has finally awaken...



 

End Of Chapter 42.