Chapter 51: Another Infection

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

Previously...

Jiu woke up early today as she sat up from her bed. She sighed as she leaned back and looked at the clear sky out the window. She stretched a little on the bed, working out some tense muscles from sleeping too long. Her head turned as she heard the door open and smiled as Gahyeon appeared. She wondered what she was doing here as she brought in a wheelchair.

"Gahyeon?"

"I knew you'd try to visit Dami unnie." Gahyeon smiled smugly as she pushed the wheelchair near Jiu's bed.

"You came here alone?"

"Hyungwon oppa went with me but he suddenly got called for work so it's just me you're facing today. Come on, up you go." She lend her shoulder for Jiu to hold on to as she got up from the bed.

"Thanks, Gahyeon." She nodded and slowly lowered Jiu on the wheelchair. They went out of the room and proceeded to the elevators and they went up one level. As soon as the doors opened, Gahyeon pushed Jiu out from the elevator and they went towards Dami's room. Arriving at the doors, they greeted the agents stationed at the entrance.

"Good morning, Miss Jiu," said one of the agents.

"Morning. Is someone in there?"

"Agent Matthew is inside," said another agent.

"Open it." The agent nodded, opening the door for Jiu and Gahyeon as they went inside the room. She closed the door and pushed the wheelchair at the foot of the bed where they saw Matthew sat holding his fiancée's hand.

"You're still not going home, Matt?" Jiu asked him. Matthew shook his head as he stared at Dami. Looking at his gaunt face, Jiu sensed that he didn't sleep from yesterday or even let himself rest at all. She frowned, intent that he should at least sleep for a few hours.

"Go home and take a rest, Matthew. I will watch over her," Jiu said softly.

"I'm okay, Jiu. Besides, the house feels empty without her," Matthew sighed, looking on sadly at his fiancée. His hand gripped hers a little tighter, wishing she would wake up her deep slumber.

"Don't worry, Matt. Yoohyeon called me yesterday that Jooheon found the antidote. They're bringing it in today and hopefully cure Dami." Jiu told the good news. Matthew's eyes brightened slightly and he felt a tiny surge of hope course in him.

"Thank God..." Matthew huffed, leaning back slightly. There was hope he thought. She'd wake up and all would be well.

"Ack!" Jiu and Matthew looked at Gahyeon who was suddenly clutching at her stomach.

"What's wrong, Gahyeon?" Jiu asked her.

"My tummy's hurting... Toilet!" Gahyeon then rushed out of the room as she raced towards the washroom. Jiu shook her head watching the young girl's behaviour. Then, she glanced back at Dami, her eyes going over her now blemish-free face.

"All the minor wounds have healed completely. Wasn't it just yesterday that the cuts were starting to heal?" Jiu spoke.

Matthew nodded. "It healed abnormally fast, it's not a good sign, right?" Matthew turned to her.

"I'm not sure but I hope Yoohyeon and Jooheon come quickly before something bad happens..." She trailed off, feeling worried.

Thirty minutes had passed and they passed the time making small talk. Careful not to speak of the problem they were in or any missions that have been going on. Gahyeon still hadn't come back making the occupants in the room curious.

"Where's the girl that came with you just now?" asked Matthew.

"Gahyeon? I don't know. Maybe she ate some spicy food for breakfast this morning." They chuckled at that.

Their laughter was cut short, however, as the heartbeat monitor started to beat faster and faster each second. They became a lot more worried, wide-eyed as Dami's body started to shake and then to a full-blown spasm as her face twisted in a grimace.

"What's happening to her?!" asked Jiu alarmed.

"Agents!" Matthew yelled and immediately the agents outside barged in, going to the bed and held Dami down. Despite their efforts, she continued to thrash around her arms and legs kicking until her back bowed, and Dami let out a pain-filled scream.

Jiu stared in alarm, helpless in her wheelchair. 'No, no no! The drug is starting to take control of her body!' Jiu thought.

"I'll go get a doctor!" Right as Matthew turned to the door, Dami came out of control as she knocked back the two agents, causing the two to fall.

They groaned in pain at the impact, both not ready for the fall nor the hard blow Dami gave. Jiu glanced up at Dami as she saw blue angry veins pulsing through her skin. Her breath hitched as she saw her eyes. Red, just like Hyungwon when he was affected.

"This is bad..."

Dami sat up on the bed, pulling the tubes from her body as if she wasn't just bedridden for a day. Pulling the last tube out, she turned to the door where Matthew stepped in front of her, blocking her path. He grasped her hand as he searched her eyes trying to calm her.

"Yoobin, where are you going?" Matthew asked. Dami didn't answer and instead stared ahead like she was seeing through him. With vice-like grip, Dami slammed Matthew away to the wall.

"Matt!" Jiu shouted. The agents tried to stop Dami but both of them fell down hard unconscious. They didn't have a chance at all as the drug was working full force to give Dami super strength. Dami's red eyes turned to Jiu, the only person conscious left in the room. Jiu gulped as Dami approached bracing herself to fight anyway she could.

"I know you're still in there Dami. Fight for it, dammit!" Jiu said desperately to wake Dami from her apparent stupor. But it was no use, the drug had complete control of her body. Dami lunged at Jiu's throat, as Jiu struggled to pry her strong grip, she stared in fear as she was unable to breathe. Just as her vision start to blur, Siyeon, Taehyung and Gahyeon barged open the door.

_________________

"Jiu unnie!" Gahyeon shouted and Dami turned around and saw the trio. They were shocked as they saw Dami's condition. Connecting right away with what happened to Hyungwon.

"Let her go, Dami!" Siyeon said firmly as she saw Jiu still in Dami's unyielding grip. As an answer, Dami threw Jiu and Siyeon quickly lunged forward to catch her friend. At the same time Dami pounced towards Siyeon like a hunter. Siyeon only just let go of Jiu when she was slammed down hard on the floor.

"Gah!" Siyeon groaned from the impact. Just as Dami was about to give another blow, she stopped mid punch. Siyeon moaned in pain while Gahyeon and Taehyung realized why as they looked down at her bandages, now seeping in blood.

Dami suddenly stood up and ran to the nearest window.

"She's getting away!" Gahyeon cried out. By the time Taehyung was halfway across the room, Dami already jumped. The glass window smashed followed by the sound of a car blaring. Taehyung could just see blonde hair flew past a corner, losing sight of her. Turning back around, he crouched next to his girlfriend checking her condition.

"Are you okay?" he asked, helping her get up.

"I'm okay." Siyeon replied as Taehyung helped her to stand up. "How about you, Jiu?" She glanced at her friend, who now could see bruising appear around . Unable to reply, Jiu held a thumb up.

Siyeon turned to her watch and swiped the screen. Tapping in quick succession to signal for the agents who were on or field duty.

"Calling all agents, Agent Dami has escaped. I need everyone who's on duty to track her down in the city. Any visuals of Agent Dami; do not engage. I repeat, do not engage. Send coordinates, my team will handle it."

"Roger that, Miss Siyeon!" replied the agents. Right after the message, Siyeon received a group call from her friends and she tapped on the screen to answer.

"How can she get away from the hospital?!" Sua yelled immediately as her face popped up.

"She just jumped out of the window like a ing ninja!" argued Siyeon.

"Her room was on level 5! How did she not get hurt?" added Yoohyeon.

"Doesn't matter, okay?! Right now, her wounds on her chest opened. From what I see it's bad."

"I-I thought the drug would heal all of her wounds already?" questioned Handong.

"O-overdose..." Jiu's voice choked out behind Siyeon.

"Jiu..." Siyeon gave her watch to Jiu to give the explanation to them.

"She's overdosed. The Angel Dust was spread into her abdomen but as she was near the blast and the drug, her body couldn't take the effect making it even worse. She will die in less than an hour if we're too late!" The girls reeled in shock as they heard the news.

"She mustn't have gone far from the hospital. I'll send the location to you girls when the agents found where she is," said Siyeon to them.

"Alright." Siyeon hung up the call, turning to Gahyeon

"Gahyeon, take care of Jiu. Go get a doctor to check the rest." Siyeon mentioned turning to the other agents in the room.

Gahyeon nodded. "Yes, unnie."

Then, Jiu called her. "Siyeon."

"Please... Be careful," said Jiu worriedly.

Siyeon bent down and patted her shoulder. "Don't worry. You go take a rest. We will find Dami as soon as possible." Jiu nodded.

"Let's go, Taehyung." Taehyung nodded and walked out from Dami's room along with Siyeon.

Just around the corner, an inconspicuous figure watched the duo leave the room. He took out his phone and dialled a number.

"Boss, she's out now."

"Follow her. Don't get detected."

"Yes, sir."

_____________________

All the agents on duty and Dreamcatcher squad went out to the city to find Dami who was still missing in action. Siyeon and Taehyung took a car as Taehyung drove around the area to find Dami but thirty minutes passed and there was still no sign of Dami.

"Where are you, Dami?" Siyeon muttered her eyes flicking past windows and alleys as they passed.

"Don't worry, Angel. We will find her." Taehyung assured her.

"I hope so." Suddenly, Siyeon's phone rang. She grabbed it from her pocket and saw Sua's name on the screen. Taking the call, her eyes went back to the window.

"Hello?"

"Did you find her at the hospital?"

"No, we went around the block but there's no sign of her."

"She's not in the neighbourhood area close to the hospital either."

"I thought she won't get too far from the hospital. Dammit, where the hell is she?"

"Handong and Yoohyeon couldn't find her as well."

Their conversation was cut off when Siyeon's watch started beeping. Siyeon tapped the screen and it showed the GPS tracker of Dami's latest location.

"Sua, I got her location. She's at the public park near the city."

"Handong is heading there right now. Send the location to her."

Siyeon gave the location to Handong as at that time she was heading to the park with her motorcycle. She lifted her wrist as she steered with one hand. Raised eyebrows in surprise as it pointed to where she was heading.

"There you are, Dami." Handong sped up, hoping to catch her before it was too late.

A few minutes later, she arrived to a scene of chaos as people ran amok to reach the outskirts of the park. The crowd ran in total panic, some going to their families leaving their possessions then leaving the area. Handong went off hastily, not bothering to park as she went towards the centre of the commotion.

She couldn't find where Dami was as people were shouting, scrambling at their haste to run away. As a few people cleared, she saw a few agents from her company, recognizing those draped in black suits.

She ran towards them and found Dami, who was destroying people's belongings while the agents gave out directions for the citizens to clear from the area. While they were busy giving out orders, they missed a little girl passing by them until she tripped, falling down near Dami.

"Mama!" the girl yelled, crying for her mother who was blocked by the agents to avoid her from getting close.

"Please, my daughter is right there!" She begged but the agents didn't let her pass urging her to turn around.

As the mother's pleas rose, it caught Dami's attention from the thermos she was currently destroying. Her eyes zoning in on the little girl bawling her eyes out. Dropping the twisted metal container, she approached the girl slowly as the mother yelped in fear of her daughter's safety.

Just as Dami was about to grab her, a woman with a helmet on came out of nowhere as she ran and scooped the girl up before Dami could reach her. She pulled the little girl securely as the girl held on tight, too scared to open her eyes.

"It's alright, little girl. You're safe now." The woman comforted her. She lifted the little girl onto her hips as they approached her mother.

"Here you go." She gave the girl to the mother, and she hugged her close as her daughter was safe in her arms.

"Thank you." The mother bowed and left the park. The woman turned back and glared at Dami who glared right back, her actions still controlled by Angel Dust.

"Dude, killing kids in your agenda now?!" the woman yelled at Dami. She took off her helmet, revealing herself to the agents.

"Pick someone your size, will ya?"

"Miss Handong!" The agents stepped close to help her but she held up her hand, stopping them.

"Stay back!" she warned them.

"But, Miss Handong--"

"If you want to get pummeled by her before I beat you right after then be my guest." None of the agents stepped forward as they eyed each other. Content none of the agents would approach, she turned back at Dami who was crouching low, looking ready to attack.

"I had to face someone like her and I lost. Just hope the others arrive before someone gets hurt." She muttered, recalling back to the time when she tried to stop Hyungwon.

"Here, hold my helmet." She passed her helmet to one of the agents and stepped forward to face her mind-controlled friend. She took out her weapon, hard knuckle gloves from her blazer and put it on.

"C'mon Dami. Let's play."
____________________

Ten minutes later, Siyeon and Taehyung finally arrived at the empty public park. Not a while later, they saw Sua's car from behind and parked beside them as they got out of the car. Sua looked around the park, looking for any sign of her friends as she spotted Black Kawasaki Ninja at the entrance acknowledging her friend had arrived.

"Handong is here." Siyeon nodded to the motorcycle.

"But, where is she?" Taehyung asked. Before anyone could answer, a Red Jaguar F Type Convertible car arrived and two people got out from the car and met the rest.

"I brought Jooheon and the antidote. Where the heck is Dami?" asked Yoohyeon.

Suddenly, someone shouted out Siyeon's name as he was running towards them. "Miss Siyeon!"

Siyeon and the rest turned around and saw an agent stopped running, bending down to catch some breath.

"You're the one that gave the location. Where's Dami?" asked Siyeon quickly.

He pointed at the park. "W-with Miss Handong..." Siyeon nodded and they ran to the entrance going to the direction the agent just pointed. Just then, they saw Dami who was giving blow after blow at Handong while she tried her best to avoid them. Looking at her sweat-damp hair and slight sluggish movements, she was getting tired. That cost her a misstep on her landing as she slipped. Dami took her chance and tackled her legs landing heavily on the ground. Handong couldn't get up as Dami pinned her down locking her limbs until she could only move her head.

"Ah, sh*t." Handong cursed not likely she was going to escape this. Luckily, her friends came just in time to save her and Yoohyeon attacked with pepper spray on Dami's eyes. Covering her eyes in pain, she didn't see Sua tackle her down.

"Are you okay, Dongie?" Asked Yoohyeon.

"Finally. I couldn't hold her any longer. Her strength is unbelievable." She held her hands and pulled Dongie to stand up.

"Sorry, we're late." Added Siyeon.

Handong swept the dirt from her clothes. "Don't tell me you girls stopped at the convenience store before coming here." She spoke.

"Nah, it's just me," said Yoohyeon jokingly.

"Girls," Sua called them and pointed at Dami, who was struggling to stand up on her feet. Their eyes were drawn to her abdomen. They saw the bandages became loose as they saw her raw wound with burned skin on Dami's abdomen.

"H-how the is she handling the pain?" Sua turned away from the open wound. Siyeon gathered them around, hoping to come up with some plan to stop Dami before she hurt herself.

"Can you still go on, Handong?" Sua asked.

"A little less on energy but I can still fight," Handong replied.

"What's the plan?" Yoohyeon added.

"Find her weakness but don't touch her abdomen." The girls agreed with Siyeon's plan.

"And Taehyung." Taehyung glanced at his girlfriend.

"Taehyung, listen to me. When we manage to hold her, inject the antidote at her abdomen but you must quick. Her strength is five times stronger than her normal strength."

"I understand." Taehyung nodded to Siyeon, but still worried that things might go wrong.

Siyeon nodded. "Now, go with Jooheon and wait for my signal." Taehyung and Jooheon walked a few steps away from them. But then, Taehyung stopped and turned around.

"Siyeon!" he called and Siyeon turned around, along with her friends.

"Don't get hurt!" Siyeon smirked and replied with a nod.

"Jooheon! Don't you have anything to say to me?" Yoohyeon called at her boyfriend.

"Yeah. Don't forget you owe me five dollars for your banana bread!" Jooheon replied.

Yoohyeon squinted her eyes at him, thoroughly pissed. "Not that one, you idiot!"

"Yoohyeon, focus," said Sua.

"Fine." She turned around, grumbling.

"Okay, let's go." They headed towards Dami, who was just getting steady on her feet before she looked up and saw her friends coming towards her.

"Please forgive us, Dami."

End Of Chapter 51.