Maknaes’ (and Mina’s) Trip to the Dog Cafe

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This is a prompt from Wolf_Puppy

 

ALL PROMPT SLOTS FILLED - ANY NEW PROMPTS ARE FOR NEXT SEASON <3

 

Now….I begin to set up next season MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

 

Btw if anyone has some DRAMA I can throw in next season PM me :) The next season will go back to school with a new era of chaos.

 

A LOT of metaphors with these puppies….

 

Maknaes’ (and Mina’s) Trip to the Dog Cafe

 

It had been Mina’s idea actually.

 

Momo had been sick the last few days, so sick that she’d been off school. This meant that Jihyo and Tzuyu were spending a lot of time at the dorm the Japanese girls shared. There was nothing wrong with this, Jihyo was always respectful and Tzuyu would come after work and cook A LOT of food for everyone in the dorm. However, Mina had begun to feel guilty for having Tzuyu go to school, go to work and then come to the dorm to cook for her girlfriends’ and her eldest girlfriend’s dorm-mates. It wasn’t fair that Tzuyu was doing so much every day and so Mina had an idea. She had sent Nayeon a message asking if she knew (from Jihyo) anything that Tzuyu liked doing. She and Nayeon had been talking a lot lately, it was nice to have their friendship back. Nayeon instantly responded with ‘dog cafe’ and Mina was sold!

 

Apparently Dahyun knew of a dog cafe outside of town and promised to drive them providing she and Chaeyoung could come. Mina had no problem with this and while Tzuyu was at work she told Jihyo and Momo about their plan to take Tzuyu the next Saturday. Tzuyu would straight up refuse to go if Mina asked, so Momo and Jihyo had to be enlisted into helping. It was interesting for Mina to see, especially since she’d seen the younger girl attack Jeongyeon, Tzuyu did have a soft side. The second a sniffling Momo, she had the flu, told her to go the younger looked conflicted. It was obvious that if Mina had not been standing there Tzuyu would have put up more of a fight to stay, Jihyo ushered her out saying that Momo would be fine for a few hours.

 

Tzuyu looked so dejected that Mina actually felt bad but still helped walk her outside to where the others were waiting in the car. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were buzzing, they couldn’t wait to go and play with the puppies….well Chaeyoung was excited - Dahyun was terrified but we’ll get to that later. Mina felt her phone vibrate, it was Nayeon: she was asking if they were on their way. Mina let her know that they were getting in the car, she and Nayeon had scheduled this together with Jihyo helping where she could. Mina chuckled a little as she saw Tzuyu was aggressively typing into her phone - no doubt messaging Jihyo about Momo’s welfare in the whole three minutes she’d been out of her sight.

 

Mina smiled, she liked knowing her friend was being looked after.

 

Chaeyoung looked in the rear-view mirror from the passenger seat, making sure Tzuyu hadn’t tucked and rolled out the car. She had become quite close to the other girl recently, while things were somewhat awkward since Jeongyeon and Tzuyu hated each other, Tzuyu had let Chaeyoung into the garage whenever she wanted to spray paint cars - including one night at 3am because the younger couldn’t sleep. It was why Chaeyoung wanted to come, her way to say thank you as well as play with adorable puppies for an hour or two. Her phone was buzzing in her pocket, Jeongyeon wasn’t really happy about the day trip and so was trying to maintain contact all day. Jeongyeon trusted her, that wasn’t the problem, it was just that she didn’t like Tzuyu’s influence. Gangs were so easy to get into, but they were harder to get out of. Jeongyeon didn’t want Tzuyu to pull Chaeyoung into that world and to Chaeyoung that marked a lack of trust which offended her into ignoring the influx of text messages.

 

The trip to the dog cafe didn’t take long and Chaeyoung immediately bolted out the car, excited. The others all trailed behind, Tzuyu trying to not look like she was excited. As soon as the doors opened you could hear the little dogs yapping away in their enclosed area at the far end of the cafe. Chaeyoung bolted over to the fencing, eyes raking over the fluffy little bodies. Her eyes immediately honed in on a smaller dog, it kept yanking a much larger dogs tail. The bigger dog would bat the puppy away with his tail, the puppy would then stop for a moment before continuing. After one particularly strong yank the bigger dog stood to attack, the puppy yelped and ran behind another pup. This second dog was only a little bit bigger than the puppy but nowhere near as big as the dog but still it got up to try and bark away the bigger dog.

 

It reminded Chaeyoung of herself and Jeongyeon.

 

She supposed that even though Jeongyeon could be a pain in the but it was for a good reason. Chaeyoung was the pup always picking fights with the big dog and then running to Jeongyeon when it was all too much. Maybe if Chaeyoung stopped getting into these things Jeongyeon wouldn’t be as protective. With a smile she set a mental reminder to text her girlfriend when they were done here, until then she entered the enclosure and began to play with the puppy she was watching before. The bigger pup let out a small growl in warning as Chaeyoung approached, she just giggled and moved slower - letting the dogs sniff her hand carefully before allowing the girl to fuss them with her good arm.

 

Dahyun was the only one who didn’t go in to the puppies, she’d been dragged here by Chaeyoung due to her being one of the few in their group with their own car. Truth was - Dahyun was terrified of animals, dogs especially. It had all started when she was a child and poor foetus Dahyun was savagely trampled, Chaeyoung in a school corridor style, by two rather vicious chihuahuas. Now for the remainder of her life the sight of even the smallest puppy filled her with dread. So with this in mind, rather than go into the enclosure where hell spawn was sure to advance in their fluffy mass, Dahyun sat at one of the tables on the outside of the enclosure. She had decided that watching her friends interact with the little dogs would be more fun than braving it herself.

 

Mina was just inside the fencing, she had found a small dog that would perform tricks when offered a treat from one of the dispensers. She had all her treats in one hand while the other held only one, prompting the puppy to perform its little trick. Each time it did Mina cheered and awwed at the puppy. Dahyun watched, amused at how Mina was so focused on making sure one puppy was doing what it should, she hadn’t noticed another puppy trying to sniff out the treats out of her other hand. It was hilarious to Dahyun that Mina was so unaware of the situation she had put herself in, she was so focused on one puppy that she didn’t notice the other sniffing around.

 

Dahyun’s gaze then switched to Chaeyoung who was so gleefully rolling around in a sea of puppers that she was completely ignoring her phone which had fallen out her pocket. Dahyun could see it blowing up on the floor and shook her head. This whole situation wasn’t good. Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were good for each other but they were also a goddamn disaster at times. Jeongyeon was a musician, she was used to honing her craft - defending it protectively when people tried to make her feel like it wasn’t a good life plan. Chaeyoung, however, was an artist - she was wild and free and therefore Jeongyeon couldn’t keep her contained.

 

Tzuyu was in the back corner, there was a small black puppy with a few marks on it - looking like it had been in a fight or two. Whilst the puppy had been indifferent to almost everyone and everything in the enclosure, its little head perked up at the sight of Tzuyu. She went and sat with it, letting the pup crawl into her lap to rest there. Dahyun smiled, it was nice seeing the younger girl so relaxed. She was only sixteen, it wasn’t right for her to have so much resting on her shoulders. But in this moment she looked so relaxed, so happy, that Dahyun snapped a photo and sent it to Jihyo.

 

She considered sending it to Nayeon but thought better of it, Nayeon had been so distracted lately that Dahyun was beginning to worry. However, that could wait for later because for now they were having fun and so it would be a shame to cause a negative distraction. As if at the same time the three girls happened to look in Tzuyu’s direction,they all smiled at the so-called-gangster who herself had a big grin as she looked down over the little dog, comfortably snuggled into her lap. She looked up and caught Chaeyoung’s eye, her smile dropped.

 

“Tell anyone my weakness I will kill you.”

 

The threat was probably very real but they couldn’t take her seriously with the bundle of fluff dozing on her lap.