The Jealous Penguin (2na)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This are prompts from Wolf_Puppy and chaengbyul

 

The Jealous Penguin (2na)

 

Mina was an angry penguin.

 

She would never call herself the jealous type but she definitely was at the moment. There was no real reason why this particular girl bothered her more than the others, Sana was frequently surrounded by her exes and Mina trusted her enough to know there would be no funny business behind her back. However, lately she just couldn’t stop herself from feeling the aggressive rage bubbles building at the sight of Sana and Elkie hanging out together. Now, Mina knew that Sana and Tzuyu (as much as the latter loathed to admit it) had formed some kind of close friendship. Therefore, Sana knowing Tzuyu’s friends was not something that was out of the question. But over the last week or so Sana and Elkie had been extremely close, even hanging out together after school.

 

Mina could easily tell where the jealousy came from if she really sat down to think about it, Momo and Jihyo were very vocal about being jealous of the Chinese girl and how close she was to their girlfriend. So it would be easy for Mina to see Elkie’s actions towards Sana and take them in a similar way. It wasn’t anything sinister, which was why Mina had yet to bring it up, but Sana was spending a lot of time with her and added with Mina’s lingering fear that Sana may be using her like the other girls in the past it was clear to see why Mina was nervous about this newfound friendship.

 

Realistically, she knew she had absolutely nothing to worry about. If Sana had been using her she would have dumped her immediately after they had , but she hadn’t so that theory was unjustified. It was definitely insecurity, but Mina couldn’t think logically about this situation. It infuriated her that this girl was hanging around with HER girlfriend with no regard for Mina’s feelings. Feelings that Mina kept to herself….that Sana nor Elkie knew about, but still they should just guess! The worst part was Momo was completely unhelpful, she was just happy that Elkie wasn’t flirting with her Tzuyu any more. This left very a very small amount of people Mina could rant to, Chaeyoung was her favourite option but since Jeongyeon hit Momo they were avoiding her and Chaeyoung by default.

 

She actually found herself talking to Nayeon a little bit about it. The older girl was the queen of gossip and had reassured her that she hadn’t heard anything about the two of them ever shaking up, but she gave Mina a big hug and tried her best to comfort her before sending her off again. Mina left her and went into the hallway, only to see Elkie and Sana whispering to each other. With rage she didn’t know she had Mina kicked the garbage can, startling Herbert out of it from where he had been eating his lunch. He had recovered nicely from his bullet wound so he was still bustling around.

 

The last straw had been that evening.

 

Mina had been looking forward to going to the closest mall with her girlfriend and watching the newest Marvel film. They’d had it planned for ages, to celebrate their ‘friend-versary’ (the date they met all the way back in kindergarten and became best friends and eventually lovers). Every years they celebrated and Mina had been so excited to spend the evening with her girlfriend, only for her to bail last minute. Sana caught up with her at the end of her last class to tell her that what she was planning wasn’t ready yet so would Mina be alright putting off the cinema till tomorrow and let Sana treat her tonight. Of course Mina didn’t mind, she appreciated the effort and gave the tickets to Dahyun who paid her the money back for them.

 

So that evening as Mina waited around for her girlfriend to appear with this ‘surprise’ she got a text message from Nayeon. It was a photo with the caption of: I’m sorry xx

 

The picture was on the mall in which the cinema was located, Sana was in it with a shopping bag. She wasn’t alone as she was walking towards said cinema with none other than Elkie. If Mina hadn’t been pissed before, she was now. She was furious, if Sana thought Mina was going to let this go she had another thing coming. Not only had she spent an important day for not only their relationship but their friendship on a date with another girl, she had the GALL to not even text Mina to let her know she was running late. Mina paced back and fourth across their living room, ready to throw ing down when Sana finally turned up.

 

She couldn’t believe she had let Sana lie to her. She couldn’t believe she let Sana mess with her like this, they were supposed to be friends. Mina supposed she could see Elkie’s appeal, the girl was pretty and shared Tzuyu’s badass mysterious vibe. But Mina knew for a fact that she herself was a goddamn goddess and if Sana ever thought she could do better, nu-uh sorry honey - there was only one Mina Myoui. She sent Momo to Tzuyu’s telling her to text her the second Elkie arrived home, Momo did as asked - an angry penguin was a scary penguin. It was around half an hour before Momo messaged saying she and Elkie had arrived at Tzuyu’s at the same time, Sana had walked her home. Mina just threw her phone on the couch and then began planning what she was going to say. She wouldn’t go easy on her, that’s for damn sure. She was going to shout and be heard for the first time in her life. When the handle moved she took a deep breath, ready to explode.

 

When Sana appeared Mina let out a sob.

 

Immediately startled Sana rushed forward to comfort her, only for Mina to push her harshly away.

 

“How could you!?” She wept,

 

“W-What?”

 

“You think I didn’t noticed you being with her? C’mon Sana I’m not blind.”

 

“Mina, baby,” Sana asked very confused, “What are you talking about? Who have I been with?”

 

“Elkie!” Mina shouted, tears still rolling down your face, “You’re with her all the time, just tell me you’re dumping me and get it over with.”

 

“Mina--”

 

“No! I’m a big girl, I can take it. Just be honest with me, I deserver that!2

 

“Of course you do---”

 

“THEN WHY THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN LYING TO ME!?”

 

“It’s not--”

 

“COME ON SANA, BE HONEST!”

 

“I WOULD IF YOU’D LET ME GET A WORD OUT!” Despite shouting, Sana looked amused,

 

Mina huffed and crossed her arms, “Go on then…”

 

Sana began digging around in one of the bags and pulled out a little box, “Elkie and I aren’t together. While I’m hurt you though I was cheating on you, I can understand that things have been emotional lately so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.”

 

“Then explain this!” Mina snapped holding up her phone,

 

Sana looked at picture and giggled, “Elkie’s been helping me get a present for our friend-versary. She knows one of the jewellers and I needed something engraved, since my parents cut me off I can’t get you as lavish gifts as I used to so I needed to discount.”

 

Sana handed Mina the box, the younger girl opened it sceptically and pulling out a beautiful silver necklace.

 

“I knew you wouldn’t like gold so I went with silver.” Sana told her, “Turn it over.”

 

Mina did so and saw familiar Japanese characters engraved their: 大好き

 

I love you.

 

Instantly Mina felt guilty, she blushed and looked down, “I’m sorry.”

 

Sana giggled again, glad that Mina was letting her pull her into an embrace now, she pecked the top of her head, “It’s okay, with my record--”

 

“It shouldn’t matter, I should have trusted you.”

 

“Well next time talk to me if you’re jealous.” Sana told her,

 

Mina looked at her, really looked at her. Somehow in all her jealousy she forgot who Sana was, her Sana not the ‘Sanake’ persona she had once donned. Her Sana was kind and patient, her Sana made sure that Mina was ready for any advancements in their relationship. Her Sana tried to save her life with no care of risking her own. Her Sana was just that, hers - in every way of the words. Mina pulled her closer and kissed her, enjoying the sparks that flew whenever their lips touched making her knees weak. When they pulled away Mina once again looked into Sana’s kind eyes.

 

“Mina, I was serious when I said I want to be with you forever.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, I want a house with you - adopt little babies who’ll drive us insane and watch them grow into good, well mannered adults. I want to spend every day falling in love with you again and again, believe me - I’m not going anywhere. I love you.”

 

“Aieru.” Mina whispered,

 

Sana balked, “Don’t say it if you don’t mean it.”

 

“But I do,” Mina confessed, “I want all that too, I want you to be with me forever. You’re mine Sana.”

 

Sana smiled, she gently took the necklace from her girlfriend and put it on her, “Then this necklace will symbolise that.”

 

“Symbolise what?”

 

“The fact we are now engaged to be engaged one day.” Sana smiled,

 

Then Sana said it back and Mina’s heart soared.

 

Aieru, Mina.