Maknaes’ (and Mina’s) Night on the Town

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - A few prompts from Lifewithoutmichaeng

 

Also I’ve got another friend who’s just starting the youtube game and I said I’d give them a shout out. Nothing Twice related but I think the videos are pretty funny so enjoy if you want: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWpl0fUxLKo

 

 

Maknaes’ (and Mina’s) Night on the Town

 

Four glum faces were sat on a bench in the holding cell.

 

It was around 3am and the group had been brought in around an hour ago, waiting for their parents to come bail them out (or in one of their cases their girlfriend). Lets go from left to right, on the left sat Mina - probably the least likely person of the four that you would imagine sitting there. Even she herself couldn’t believe she, of all people, was arrested earlier that night. Thank God her parents didn’t live in Korea or she was sure they’d have marched in here and beaten her with their shoes. It hadn’t even been her idea to go out that night in the first place! It had been Chaeyoung who had brought up the idea. Long story short the four girls that now occupied the cells had been abandoned by their girlfriends for one reason or another during their latest study session. In Mina’s case Sana had made plans with an old friend, her ex but Mina trusted her….sorta. While Jeongyeon was with her family, Jihyo had overworked herself and Momo was looking after her and Nayeon was grounded. That left Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu unsupervised.

 

So Chaeyoung floated the idea of bailing on homework to sneak into this club she knew the bouncer of. Mina had naturally been against the idea, out of the four of them she was the most responsible and underage drinking was not her idea of fun. But if they were going to be going to same bar Sana was at that night…maybe Mina should go to keep an eye on them….THE MAKNAES…not Sana….why would she spy on Sana…hehe…he…

 

Anyway…

 

When they got to the bar Mina was furious as she watched Sana dancing with Eunha (sure they were dancing about a meter away from each other but that WAS NOT THE POINT!). To drown her jealousy Chaeyoung bought her some drinks….then Dahyun bought her some drinks….then Tzuyu stole the bottle of vodka from behind the bar. Next thing she knew Mina was standing in front of her very confused girlfriend and her ex, the world around her spinning.

 

“Mina?” Sana called gently,

 

Mina ignored her, pointing a drunken finger at the ex, “She’s mine…’kay!? I’m hers boysfred now so back off.”

 

Sana tried to calm her, “Mina, she knows I’m yours. Calm down!”

 

“No! She doesn’t not understood…” Mina was slurring her words, “Yous are mina Sana…all mine.”

 

“All yours.” Sana cooed,

 

The older girl went to peck her forehead only Mina grabbing her cheeks in both hands, “C’mere.”

 

She pulled Sana in for a deep kiss taking the elder by surprise. Mina had never kissed her in public like that, she’d definitely never grabbed her …ever, but the taste of alcohol on her breath caused Sana to gently push her away.

 

“Why you shtop?”

 

“We’re in public, love,” Sana told her slowly, “Let’s get you home!”

 

“Why sho you can fork her!?”

 

“No!” Sana chuckled, “You’re drunk love.”

 

“Am nott.” Mina whined clinging to her girlfriend,

 

Sana giggled, drunk Mina was adorable.

 

“Just leave her Sana,” The ex laughed, “Come party with us, we can handle alcohol.”

 

The ex tried to pull Sana away and next thing Mina knew she was being dragged away by police while Sana’s ex cradled her face. Mina looked over her knuckles, they were bruised. She sighed, three hours in jail had really sobered her up. Very unlike the girl next to her who was still vibrating. Chaeyoung actually hadn’t drunk anything…Dahyun had cut her off before she could start. The eagle didn’t trust Chaeyoung drunk very much, so whenever she went to order alcohol Dahyun had told the bar staff to only give her red bull. This was a much better idea in theory…in reality not so much. Rather than drunk Chaeyoung was really, really hyper. Dahyun had lost her in the crowd really quickly as the younger girl ducked and dived through the people.

 

Long story short Chaeyoung left the club and a rubber duck, hot glue gun and policeman’s hat later they watched Chaeyoung also get thrown in the back of the police van. The short girl was now alternated through running laps around the cell and vibrating in her seat. Her parents had been called to come and get her, the other three couldn’t wait for their arrival. Suddenly she stood up and pretended to be an airplane, running round their small cell yelling “Nyooooww!” at the top of her lungs.

 

“Next time,” Tzuyu muttered, “Let her drink.”

 

“Agreed.” Dahyun replied,

 

“Oh my God guys,” Chaeyoung babbled, “I really wanna get hamburgers do you think they’d let us order some food while we’re sat here? Tzuyu you haven’t used your phonecall go order us food, I’m so hungry. Did I tell you the first time I had hamburgers!? I was in Jeju with my family and my Dad grilled them, they were SO GOOD! All I ate was burgers that holiday it…was…it was…it was fun…”

 

Suddenly Chaeyoung stopped and wobbled a bit before passing out, obviously having a sugar crash. The three girls thanked God…at least when she slept she was quiet. Luckily for Mina the policeman came round to say that Sana had come to get her, lying and saying she was Mina’s sister but no one questioned it. Chaeyoung’s parents also arrived, her father having to actually walk in and scoop her up - tutting as he did so. It was silent once they had left, Tzuyu and Dahyun had nothing to really say to each other. Dahyun was the main reason they were in here, when she saw Chaeyoung being dragged into the van she had tried to run over the road and intervene.

 

She hadn’t seen the car speeding her way.

 

A strong arm pulled her out the road and Dahyun was frozen in shock for a few seconds. When she looked up to see who saved her she was frozen for a few more seconds. Namjoon was Jimin’s best friend, she was another jock but unlike the others he tended to stay out of the gang and bullying parts of their clique. Still of all people Dahyun did not expect him to save her, she shoved him away.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked awkwardly,

 

“Yes. Thank you.” Dahyun replied glaring at him,

 

“I’m glad,” Namjoon smiled, “I was actually trying to talk to you, I wanted to apologise for what happened last semester--”

 

“That’s not random.” Dahyun replied,

 

“Jimin’s not a bad guy, he’s just…got a twisted sense of right and wrong.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

He never got to answer because Tzuyu ran over to try and frighten him away from her friend, which in turn drew the attention of Jin - another jock who called over the others. Then there was an all out brawl in the street and everyone was thrown in the back of different police vans. Dahyun wondered what her brief conversation had meant, why did Namjoon apologise? Was this a way to mess with her? Though that was likely, Dahyun didn’t think it was. Say what you like about the dubu-eagle but she was a very good judge of character and Namjoon didn’t appear to be dishonest. In saying that Dahyun could never perceive Jimin to be anything but evil, he was an evil…evil man.

 

Before she cracked and spilt the story to Tzuyu, Dahyun was really bad at silences, the officer came in to tell her that her parents were there. Tzuyu sent Dahyun a small smile as the older girl hesitated, should she leave Tzuyu there? In the end she had no choice due to the officer ushering her out, leaving Tzuyu in the silence of the cell. Tzuyu wasn’t a stranger to the cells, only usually she would have Elkie, Mark or Pinky with her. There was nothing she could do though, she had nobody to call. Jihyo had overworked herself and collapsed, Tzuyu had ditched school all week to take care of her and tonight was Momo’s turn - both girls wanting Tzuyu to get to know the others better. Momo needed to make sure Jihyo didn’t look at her campaign until Monday for her own health. Besides, she had told them she’d stop getting into trouble.

 

All Tzuyu could do is stay in the station all night and wait to be let out in the morning. Jihyo and Momo were all Tzuyu really had, they’d flip out if she called Naeun and everyone else Tzuyu knew would be asleep. Her family…well the few she kept the numbers for were in Taiwan and Tzuyu didn’t really have friends. Jihyo and Momo were Tzuyu’s family now, contrary to popular belief they were actually her first girlfriends - she’d never been in proper relationships before let alone with two people. When she moved to Korea she was completely alone, she couldn’t call her family and she didn’t know the Korean to make friends. Then Jackson appeared and pulled her into a world where she had a family again, Tzuyu hated being alone and when she was in the gang she was never alone. Someone always needed her.

 

She was alone now though, sat in the cell she’d been in a couple times before.

 

One free phonecall with no one to ring…

 

How depressing it that?