Rumour Has It (NaHyun)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - A prompt from damosa

 

So I took a break to update my oneshot book, sorry about that.

 

Rumour has It (Nahyun)

 

Dahyun had a secret.

 

She was laying with the enemy.

 

….not like that.

 

She was in her drama class laying on the floor in a scene, pretending she was asleep while her two “children” were talking in front of her while she lay in bed with her “husband” being played by Namjoo - lead singer of APink. Dahyun and Namjoo actually got along really well, their rivalry was move of a playful one as compared to Jeongyeon and Chorong who would literally kill each other if they had access to any weaponry…..or if Jackson had taken Jeongyeon’s request seriously. Anyway, Dahyun and Namjoo were science partners and found that they had a lot in common. Not that anyone could know of their friendship.

 

“Did you do you’re half for the science project?” Dahyun whispered,

 

“Yeah, do you wanna run through it at lunch?”

 

“Can’t.” Dahyun sighed, “Jeongyeon has eyes everywhere now - we’ll get caught.”

 

“Meet me under the bleachers in the gym.”

 

“Sure.”

 

At lunch later that day Dahyun knew that Jeongyeon was busy helping Ms Song track down that raccoon (which the students had named Herbert) and Chaeyoung’s art class had a lunch time session meaning she could sneak away with no trouble. Or so she thought. Jeongyeon rounded the corner with a golf club - looking out for anything resembling a raccoon when she spotted Dahyun. Her heart sank at the sight of her conversing with the enemy. The duo were sat under the bleachers looking like best friends as they laughed and swapped stories over their preparation for their project. Jeongyeon felt betrayed, like a knife had sliced through her heart. Dahyun was a traitor, she was sitting with the enemy! She was discussing science with the enemy! She was comparing data on the life cycles and mating habits of rabbits with the enemy! She couldn’t believe it, what was that girl thinking!?

 

Jeongyeon walked back out the doors, flinging the golf club away and hitting the trash can. A loud clang ran out momentarily startling Herbert who almost immediately going back to chewing the shoe he had decided to use as sustenance. For the rest of the day Jeongyeon stewed silently, even after school when she stomped into the band room. They didn’t have practice that day but it was easier to arrange to meet Chaeyoung there because they were both on that side of the campus. The older one of the duo arrived first and in her frustration for what she had witnessed earlier, she was pacing back and fourth with heavy steps. The image still burned into her mind, having replayed in her head all day. When Chaeyoung walked in she immediately approached her girlfriend - concerned at how distress she looked.

 

“What’s wrong?” Chaeyoung asked, gripping Jeongyeon’s hands,

 

“Dahyun,” Jeongyeon spat, “She betrayed us.”

 

____

 

“You’re kidding!” Mina gasped,

 

Mina and Chaeyoung were sat in their shared study hall with a book propped up in front of them to act as cover from their professor - he was too wrapped up in his EXO fanfiction to really notice them but he was kind of a hard so better safe than sorry. Mina had seen Jeongyeon skulking around campus with a face like thunder and so had asked Chaeyoung what the issue was. She had expected that they had had some sort of row but when she heard the real reason: that Dahyun was having a study date under the bleachers with Namjoo - it came as quite a shock. Mina knew how much Dahyun valued loyalty so why she hadn’t confessed to Jeongyeon or even Chaeyoung about her relationship with this girl was beyond her comprehension. Then Mina’s phone buzzed.

 

Jokbal: Any1 no y Jeongyeon looks lyke sum1 8 her lunch?

 

FormerSanake: Ye she looked like that earlier, idk why tho x

 

Ballermina: Apparently Dahyun was with Namjoo under the bleachers at lunch.

 

Jokbal: OMO!

 

FormerSanake: No way!

 

Ballermina: According to Chae, Jeongyeon is pissed.

 

“Miss Myoui,” Mina’s head snapped up, “Phones away or I take it for the rest of the week.”

 

“Yes Sir, wont happen again.”

 

Momo was shocked at the message she had read earlier, Dahyun didn’t seem like the type to do that. The dancer still remembered her as the weird religious freshman who eagle danced on tables, not some sort of serial cheater. That afternoon she had gone with Jihyo to Tzuyu’s place again, the girl was still off school until she had healed completely - Jihyo’s mother offering to call in and let them know. She was really supportive of her eldest daughter’s unconventional love life, while she had yet to meet the youngest of the trio she liked Momo and from what she had heard, she was sure she would also love Tzuyu. They all lay in bed watching some bad television, Tzuyu once again in the middle as the elder two wanted to cuddle her and make sure she was feeling better.

 

“You okay Mo?” Tzuyu asked after a while, noting the usually bright girl was a little quiet tonight,

 

“Yeah,” Momo sighed, “I just heard something today and I don’t know what to do about it.”

 

Jihyo sat up to look at her, “What did you hear? Has someone said something about you?”

 

“Yeah, ‘cause I may be injured but I’ll cut anyone that says anything about you.”

 

Momo giggled and pecked them both on the forehead, “It wasn’t about me, it was about Dahyun.”

 

“Dahyun?” Jihyo asked, interest peaking at the mention of her best friend’s girlfriend,

 

“Apparently Jeongyeon caught her with Namjoo under the bleachers.”

 

“What!” Jihyo snapped,

 

“Woah, didn’t know the tofu girl had it in her.”

 

“Well apparently she HAS had it in her,” Jihyo was fuming, “I’ll be back in a second.”

 

Jihyo left the room to call Nayeon. A lot of people wouldn’t understand Jihyo and Nayeon’s friendship, they were both so different. Jihyo was level headed and a natural leader, while Nayeon was over dramatic and a party girl. On paper it just did not add up. But they had known each other for as long as they could remember, Jihyo used to struggle making friends so for a while Nayeon was all she had. She could never express how grateful she was that Nayeon had walked up to her in that sandbox when they were five. Baby Jihyo had been playing alone and Nayeon had gone over to keep her company, from then on they were a double act. If Dahyun was going to hurt her friend, Jihyo was going to hurt Dahyun.

 

“Hey, Nayeon? I heard a rumour….”

 

_____

 

 

Dahyun sat at the piano in practice room one playing scales.

 

Every morning she would come in early to practice, especially since Nayeon began to come and watch her. They continued their tradition of not talking during this quiet time, it made the moments mean more if Nayeon just listened and Dahyun just embraced the music. It was their thing and Dahyun liked that, it made each and every morning special. Which is why she was surprised when Nayeon slammed the door as she entered, it had been loud enough to grab Dahyun’s attention. Her hands slammed on the keys and she turned, the noise of the out of sequence notes bouncing off the walls. Nayeon looked furious and Dahyun searched her mind for a reason Nayeon would be glaring at her.

 

“Sweetie,” Dahyun called, “What’s wrong?”

 

“Guess what I found out last night?” Nayeon spat,

 

“W-What?” Dahyun was very confused,

 

“You got caught with Namjoo under the bleachers, care to explain?”

 

“What!” Dahyun yelped jumping on to her feet, “Did Jeongyeon see?”

 

“What?….Jeongyeon’s the one you’re worried about? Not me….YOUR GIRLFRIEND!”

 

“Why would you care?”

 

“BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, YOU !”

 

“I LOVE YOU TOO BUT WHY ARE WE YELLING AT EACH OTHER!?”

 

“Don’t yell at me!”

 

“You started it!”

 

“Did not, you did with your snaking!”

 

“I am very confused right now!” Dahyun finally concluded, “Why are you mad?”

 

“Why am I…Dahyun, you were caught under the bleachers with another girl and you don’t seem to care that I found out!” Nayeon was now seething,

 

She would track that down and burn her weave…..BURN THAT WEAVE DAMMIT!

 

For Dahyun she finally caught up.

 

“Nononnononononononononoooo! Not like that babe!” She reached out for Nayeon who stepped away from her, “We were under the bleachers studying, we’re science partners.”

 

“Oh yeah I heard about all the chemistry you were having…”

 

Dahyun held her arms, “Really, Nayeon. I only love you. The reason we were hiding was because Jeongyeon would get pissed at me for studying with the enemy. We really were just working on our project, we got an A by the way.”

 

Nayeon decided to now rip Jihyo’s weave.

 

“So you haven’t cheated?”

 

Dahyun pecked her forehead, “Of course not, I finally got you - I’m not letting you go any time soon.”

 

“Good because imma need you to bail me out of jail.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because one of our friends messed up this game of Chinese Whispers and when I find out who I’m going to stab them.”

 

Dahyun sent a warning text when Nayeon turned her back.