Date Night (2na)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This is a prompt from Wolf_Puppy

 

Date Night (2na)

 

Sana didn’t know where else to turn.

 

It was 5th period Friday afternoon, a time where most students would be cheering and celebrating that they only had one more period until sweet sweet freedom! All except Sana. At the beginning of the week Sana had asked Mina out on their first proper date, they’d hung out and cuddled a lot but they’d never had a real date. Sana had really wanted to plan it, she wanted to see Mina’s face light up when she saw what Sana had prepared…only Sana had yet to prepare anything. She’d never planned a date before, and this was Mina, it had to be perfect.

 

So with that idea in place Sana decided that she’d skip her 6th period study hall and instead wandered around aimlessly trying to think of a good date idea. Now, don’t for one second think that Sana had put this off to the last minute - she’d been trying to think of something all week. She was usually the one taken on dates, having to come up with something new and original was really hard. So all she could do was wander aimlessly around the sports centre trying to find some sort of idea. She had considered bowling but remembered that Mina never truly relaxed in crowded places, so the bowling ally on a Friday night was a bad shout.

 

“WATCH IT!”

 

Sana froze as an arrow flew past her and hit the bullseye of the target behind her. Missing her by an inch. It appeared that Sana had wandered on to the indoor archery hall. She turned to apologise and saw…Tzuyu? The girl didn’t look like the badass gang leader, she looked like….a normal girl just trying to take part in a sport.

 

“Thank God I found you!” Sana gushed running over to her,

 

“Why did I warn you? Should’ve let natural selection run its course.”

 

Sana whined, “Tzuyu-ah! I need your help.”

 

“Can’t someone else help with your latest disaster? Where’s Mina?”

 

“It’s about Mina!”

 

“Mo---Chaeyoung then.”

 

“Nooo!” Sana’s then remembered something and smirked, “Momo once told me that when you weren’t around slitting throats and dealing drugs--”

 

“I do neither of those things.”

 

“---you were quite romantic.”

 

Tzuyu notched her arrow, “So?”

 

“I need to get a date together for Mina, tonight!”

 

“Not my problem.” Tzuyu muttered while aiming,

 

“It needs to be sweet and perfect, ‘cause she’s sweet and perfect. I want her to know how much I love her.”

 

Tzuyu fired, it hit a 6. She cursed.

 

“Mmhmm.” She hummed notching another arrow,

 

“It also has to be unique, but I don’t have the money Nayeon had to make it really special.”

 

“That .”

 

“Plus Nayeon was her first in almost everything so I’ll have to contend with that.”

 

“Probably.” Tzuyu aimed,

 

“PLEASE HELP ME, TZUYU-AH!” Sana suddenly yelled clinging to her suddenly and forcing the arrow to go flying off,

 

“OKAY! Okay.” Tzuyu snapped grabbing the annoying girl’s shoulders, “This is Mina you’re talking about, she wont want some big expensive gesture. Just take her somewhere secluded with a good view of the sunset and have a picnic, you make food right?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Then make all the food. Mina doesn’t want an amazing date, she doesn’t want loads of money spent on her - she just wants to see you put in some effort.”

 

“So where can I go?”

 

“Go to mystic park, there’s a hill with an apple tree on the top. There’s a firework show going on in Little China, you’ll be able to see it from there.”

 

Sana early squeezed Tzuyu’s lungs out it what she called a hug (and what Tzuyu called an assassination attempt), “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you--”

 

“Now go away.”

 

_____

 

Mina had been dreading that evening, she wasn’t going to lie.

 

She sometimes struggled a little with delegating control of things, including allowing Sana to plan their date. She was worried Sana would choose something she enjoyed, something where there would be loads of people and noise and Mina didn’t want that. She wanted to spend time with Sana, have Sana solely focusing on her. Sure it was selfish but sometimes Mina felt she was allowed to be. She had spoken to both Jihyo and Chaeyoung about it during lunch, she couldn’t remember why it was only the three of them but she was glad Sana and Nayeon had bailed so she could bring up her worries. Jihyo had told her that Sana would probably surprise her, no one knew her as well as Sana did and so Mina should trust her to make the right choices.

 

So that night when Sana pulled up outside in her baby blue convertible (they shared a dorm but Sana wanted to do this properly and so bullied her way into changing at Tzuyu’s) Mina had walked out to greet her, keeping her expectations low but willing to give Sana credit for whatever she had put together. Though the nerves lessened once she was wrapped in a big hug, Sana knew that Mina was uncomfortable with high levels of intimacy and so she always gave her extra long hugs. Anyone else would get a quick squeeze and then was allowed to breathe again, while Mina would always be cuddled. Sana would cuddle her to her and peck her head before saying.

 

“I missed you.”

 

Mina smiled and pulled away, “I was only gone for a few hours.”

 

“A few hours to long.” Sana pouted,

 

Mina giggled and both got into the car.  They always spoke Japanese when they were together, or with Momo, it was like having their own little world in which nobody could even overhear their business. Mina liked it. The ballerina was intrigued by the route they took, watching unfamiliar street signs pass them by. Her Korean was nearly perfect but even she had trouble reading the signs as they passed by at the speed of the car. Soon Sana parked by a park Mina hadn’t visited before. She turned to her girlfriend in question but Sana just beamed at her before bouncing out to collect the picnic things from the trunk.

 

She held everything, ignoring all of Mina’s attempts to help, as they trekked up the hill with the apple tree on top. It was cold out, but Sana had brought a blanket for them to snuggle under. By the time she had set up and they had started eating the sun had began to set, creating a beautiful mix of blue and orange in the sky. Mina was in awe of it, it was truly beautiful. There was no one around leaving them both in their own little bubble, as she tucked in to the food Sana had brought her she gave a little moan of appreciation.

 

“This is amazing.”

 

Sana blushed, “Thank you, I burned the first attempt.”

 

“It’s perfect.” Mina showed her gummy smile and Sana swooned,

 

“It’s alright…”

 

“Stop it Sana, you don’t do shy,” Mina teased, “It’s all perfect, the spot, the food….you. It’s amazing.”

 

“I wanted to make this special for you,” Sana told her, “So I’m glad my hard work paid off.”

 

Mina picked up some of the food with her chopstick and held it out, feeding Sana. They alternated who fed who and once all food was gone, they talked about everything and anything they could think of. When Mina shivered, shortly after all remnants of the sun had disappeared, Sana produced the blanket. Sana lay with her back up against the tree and had pulled Mina into her lap before covering them with the blanket. They snuggled close and Sana giggled when Mina saw the first firework go off in the sky, Mina had always loved fireworks. The pretty colours lit up the sky and both girls watched in silence, simply enjoying their time together. Neither wanting this perfect moment to end.

 

Mina’s head was on Sana’s chest, their hands entwined under the blankets and she sighed in contentment as the older girl pecked her head a couple of times. Mina felt her heart pound in her chest as she listened to Sana’s own heartbeat. Slowly she lifted her head and turned it away from the fireworks to look at Sana.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sana asked genuinely,

 

Because Sana cared, because Sana loved her.

 

“I love you.” Mina whispered,

 

So quiet Sana barely heard it.

 

“I love you too.”

 

Sana confirmed just as quietly, as though they were sharing a secret.

 

She didn’t have to confirm it, Mina already knew. She could see it in her eyes.

 

Until she couldn’t see any more.

 

Having closed her own to place a gentle kiss on Sana’s lips.

 

After a shocked second Sana kissed back, gently, not wanting to scare her off. It was quick, but when Mina pulled back both girls were smiling and giggly. Their first kiss had been sweet and perfect, just like Mina as Sana thought. Their second lasted a bit longer, both girls having their eyes closed.

 

Ignoring the fireworks above them due to the fireworks of their own.