-23- To Be Real

Starlight Moonlight : The Prequel & Sequel

 

 

The girls were startled to see Sulli who seems like all ready to the school, with her backpack slung nicely at her back. Unlike usual, she will always be the last person to head down from her room but today she has beat out Luna, as the person who always on time in the matters that involved the school.

 

“ Morning unnies ! Soojungie ! “ Said Sulli cheerfully to them.

“ M-Morning Ssul. You're early ? “ Asked Luna unsure with her question.

“ Haha, ani. I've made the breakfast for all of us. Let's eat. “

 

Without hesitant, Amber will always be the first one to stepped on the dining room as the word ' Breakfast ' was heard, followed by Krystal who still looked dumbfounded while Luna and Victoria were pushed by Sulli towards it.

 

 

“ Eh ? Why is he still not here ? “

She wondered with her eyes fixed on her wristwatch before gazing back up towards his house.

“ Should I remind you that we are kinda early today ? “ Retorts Krystal while staring oddly at Sulli.

“ Ani. We are just on time. “ Argued Sulli in frustration since she have to wait about 2 minutes for that person to show up.

“ Let her be Krys. She just excited on meeting him. “ Victoria uttered trying to calm the ice princess who also seems like losing her patience.

“ Like they didn't see each other everyday ... “ Muttered Krystal sarcastically.

“ Just say that she's super excited on meeting her boy. “

That made Krystal to chuckle, “ Haha, that's so true. By the way, I'm tired of waiting. I think I'll be heading there first. “

“ Good idea Krystal. It felt weird to wait for someone else boyfriend. “

“ I'm coming with you girls. Bye unnie. “

The three of them, Krystal, Luna and Amber were having fun teasing Sulli who seems to blushed with their words.

 

“ You are not seriously leaving me with him alone right ? “

Pleaded Sulli with her puppy eyes but looks like her aegyo didn't work this time since the three of them already made their way.

“ I can't believe them. “

“ It's not like this is  the first time you walk together with him. “

“ I know, but now it felt different. Aah, it's hard to explain unnie. “

“ Aigoo, arasso. I won't ask more. Owh, he's here Sulli. “

Victoria has spotted Taemin heading his way out towards the both of them, with his never faded smiles of course.

“ Morning noona. “

“ Morning Taem. “

“ Are you going to work now ? “

“ Erm, not now. It's still early. “

“ Hey ! “

Both of them were startled with Sulli's sudden yelled.

“ No morning greeting for me ? Only for unnie ? “ Asked Sulli with a pout face.

“ Noona, did you hear that ? I thought I heard a voice. “

“ Yah Lee Taemin ! “

“ Haha. Stop pouting. It only made you looks cuter than you already are. “

That eventually made the girl to lost of words and just looked away out of embarrassment since she believed her face were already flushed by that moment.

“ Good morning Sulliver. “ Said Taemin happily while pinching her cheek playfully.

“  Hey, it hurts. “

“ Liar. You like it when I do that to you. “

“ I did not. “

“ You did too. “

“ Alright you two. Stop with your lovers quarrel and start to walk. “

That only worsen her condition as it only added her reason to get blushed

. “ Let's go Ssul. “

She just nodded before walked with him.

 

____________

 

 

Throughout the lesson Taemin could feel that his self is slightly unease with his best friend by his side. Not that he don't want her to sat by his side at all, in fact it was all that he want after all but today, she just made him to feel creep out with her constantly glancing at him. At first he could stand it since he thought it was all because of the boring first period which is history, the topic that not just Sulli, but he, himself finds it uninteresting, well blame that old teacher in this case. But later, after they went through for about three classes, it shows that what he thought was the truth. Choi Sulli is indeed stealing glances at him.

 

They were given 20 minutes to silently revised their ' English Literature ' and in between those minutes Taemin could feel those pair of eyes were on him once again. So without further thinking, he quickly turned sideway to look at her, more like wanting to caught her off guard but she was faster than he thought when he found she already had her eyes back to the book, and not to mention with those sly smiles plastered on her face. Taemin let a sigh before took his gaze away from her face and just when he did, the girl proceeded with her glancing once again but Taemin won't let her go, not this time. He know he must catch this girl right here and then, “ Tell me, what makes you interested in my face ? “ And he did it.

 

Her eyes widened with his question, not just that but the fact that he caught her off guard had made her froze on her seat.

 

“ Who said I'm looking at you ? “

Replied Sulli nonchalantly, who just recovered from her shock, towards him before flashed out a shy smiles and look away.

“ Then, who else if it's not me ? “

Questioned Taemin once again with so much of dissatisfaction towards Sulli but she just ignored him with those smiles still plastered on her face which made the boy to be in more confused.

 

* Tsk ! She did looked at me. *

 

He finds it annoying at first but then realized that he is smiling at her who still had her eyes on her book.

 

* It feels like a replay. *

 

Thought Taemin as he reminisce his moment of stealing glances at her few weeks ago. But little that he knew, the girl that he's staring at right now starting to feels like suffocated inside, with her heart that seems like skipping at beat and not to forget the butterflies that she felt inside her stomach with the stares that was meant for her.

 

* Do he really want me to faint ? Stop looking at me babo. I might dying of happiness because of you. *

 

 

After School

 

Sulli become really silent on their way home and just keep her ears open for her friends' conversation and well, her eyes fixed on Taemin of course but not until she hears Minzy's name being mentioned by that guy.

“ You're going out with her ? Today ? “

“ It's called hanging out Ssul. You might makes the girls misunderstood with your words. “

“ Today ? “

“ Yes. “

“ Why ? “

“ I felt bored and she happened to need a companion to the mall today. So, why not ? “

“ She can always ask the girls. Why you ? “ Obviously Sulli didn't like of what she heard.

“ I'm the one who volunteered. Wait, why I'm answering all of this ? “

Asked Taemin oddly which made Amber, Krystal and Luna to chuckled at Sulli's sudden nervousness but it doesn't last long once she got her courage back to herself.

“ I'm coming with you. “

That caused not only Taemin but the girls as well to jolted in surprised.

“ Mwo ? “ The only word that can be uttered by Taemin at that time.

“ I won't repeat it again. “

“ Why ? “

“ What do you mean why ? “

“ Why do you want to join us ?

“ “ I just want to, that's why. “

“ Don't you have any date with Sehun ? “

“ No. “

“ Don't you have something else to do with them ? “ He pointed at the trio before turned back to looked at her.

“ No, no, and no. I have nothing to do today. “

“ Really ? “

She nodded.

“ Still, you can't  follow me though. Minzy only asked me and not you. Besides, I just feel like want to hang out with her only, today. “

“ Yah! Are you seriously turn me down ? “

“ Whatever you say. I have to go now. I'm going to get ready fast. “

“ Yah ! Yah ! “

He just ignored her and ran as fast as he can leaving the girls in dumbfounded.

“ I won't let them go without me. He's so a dead meat !! “

And with that, Sulli also sprinted her way towards her house and of course she has made the girls to laughed at her childishness.

 

 

_____________

 

 

 

To : Taeminnie

I will come with you no matter what !

I will make you say yes to that.
 

To : Sulliver

What's with you today ?

Anyway, try to make me if you dare.

 

To : Taeminnie

Oh I will.

 

 

She pressed the button with an evil smile on her face that soon to faded bit by bit since she don't have any useful plan in her minds to start with.

“ Now what should I do ? “

She thinks over and over again until her eyes happened to spotted the closet not far from her bed.

“ Definitely a yes ! Haha ! “

 

 

Taemin walked downstairs where his eyes captured his brothers were busy talking to someone, “ You looks so cute. I want to buy one for Amber. “

Said his Diva hyung who looks like the most excited one while the rest of them just smiling at the person that he hardly see the face since Minho were blocking her at the moment, well he know it was a girl anyway.

And when Jonghyun noticed him, “ Owh, maknae is here. “

That eventually made Minho to stepped aside, causing the boy to have his mouth hang open upon looking at the girl, who happened to be his best friend.

“ Annyeong. “

 

Greeted Sulli cutely making him back to realization of in front of him right now is his best friend, Choi Sulli, who at the moment wearing a really cute yellow sweater with a green beanie that covered part of her brown wavy hairs but of course that didn't bother him at all. What unsatisfied him is the skirt that she's wearing. A black tight mini skirt that has white printed on it which he, himself could not deny that it looks cute on her but made him feels irritated with the fact that it attracted the rest of the males in the house, which are his hyungs, to looked at it.

 

“ What are you wearing ? “

“ You like it ? “

“ No ! “

 

* Yes. But I only approve it if it was meant for me to see not these ert hyungs ! *

 

“ But I like it and I'm thinking of joining your hang out day with this on. Ottohkae ? “

By the time she said that he knew this was all part of her evil scheme.

“ Babo. What makes you think I'll bring you along when you had that on ? Just go and rest Sulli. You're not coming. “

“ Well, if you don't want to bring me then I have no choice but to go by myself and meet you there. I don't mind taking the bus though. “

Taemin's eyes widened upon hearing that.

 

* She had planned it well ! *

 

The rest of the guys were only became the viewer by their sides since they're oblivious to the situation.

“ I'm sure all the oppa in the bus will let me have their seat since like Key oppa said just now, I looked cute today. So, I won't get tired of standing as well. “

Hearing the words ' Oppa ' coming out from had only made the boy to burned with anger.

“ Alright. I'll see you there Taeminnie. “

She was about to walked away but was stopped by a hand that holding her wrist, “ You're coming with me. “

And with that, she was dragged along with him which made her to smiled in victory.

There's no way Lee Taemin would let her being watched by the ert eyes out there and he will feel more relieved if he is by her sides, to keep his eyes on her which of course Sulli was aware of that fact.

“ I told you, I'll make you say yes. “

“ Do I have a choice ? “

 

 

The Mall , Downtown

 

“ I have to bring her along. Long story. Don't ask. “

“ You don't mind I'm joining right ? “

“ No. Not at all. “

Though deep inside Minzy did felt a little uneasy with her around since she don't want anyone else to know her agenda for today and of course only Taemin knew it.

“ Don't worry. She won't suspect anything. I'll try to cover it up for you. “

Taemin whispered that towards Minzy which eventually caused Sulli to burned with jealousy towards their closeness.

“ Hey, what are you whispering ? “

“ Nothing for you to know. “

Taemin just did a merong while Minzy just smiled nervously at Sulli.

 

The three of them went towards the male section as been intended by Minzy. Well, it could be said that Sulli was left alone browsing through the clothes while Taemin and Minzy were busy choosing clothes at the other side. That doesn't bothered her much, it was when Taemin keep on walking in and out from the fitting room just to try out the clothes that was chosen by Minzy.

 

“ What ? Now, she's choosing a shirt for him ? For what ? “

She couldn't take control of her jealousy and just took a shirt that she thought really suit with Taemin's style and walked towards Taemin who's busy commenting on the shirt that he tried on.

“ Maybe, a little casual than this ? “

Sulli heard that and couldn't help but to laugh in her head with the fact that Taemin wasn't into the cloth that been chosen by Minzy.

“ Alright, I'll have a look at the other side. “

This is her chance.

She hurriedly lead her way towards him, “ Minnie, try this on. “ She said happily.

“ Not now Sulli. I'm waiting for Minzy. “

That really hurt her. Never in her life that Lee Taemin will say no to her puppy eyes.

So, she just threw the shirt at him and stomped her feet off the place which makes the boy to be in surprised.

“ What was that ? “

“ Taemin, I think this is the one. “

His eyes was no longer on Sulli as he heard Minzy's voice and quickly grab the shirt from her hand after a quick glance.

But that scene were only  cause the pain in Sulli heart to grow. “ He did really choose her over me ?! “

 

Yes, Sulli is being childish but she can't help it since she was born with it. Added to the fact that it is involving the person that she love who seems to drifted far away as minutes passed by.

 

“ Did he really like her ? “

She wondered while pouting all by herself, with her eyes still fixated on those two person who looks so happy together.

“ Nah, Taemin just being nice. “

She said with a smile plastered on her face but it was different with what she felt inside, where her heart sank with the sight before her.

 

 

They went to have their fun at the mall. Watch the new movie in town, checked. Barbecue chicken for lunch, checked. Bowling after lunch, checked. Mode of the day, happy, not achieved. Well, it was mainly meant for Sulli, who felt slightly left out from the group's hang out day. It's not that she doesn't have her fun at all, just she would feel awkward at a certain times, especially when the two of them, means Taemin and Minzy started to talk a topic that she wasn't into it, means she had 50% knowledge about it, as for the example, dancing.

 

“ I knew Jinjo would win the battle. They were just, well ... Wow !! “

“ Yeah, I've tried their moves and it was only gave me a backache. “

 

Correction, less than 10% of knowledge based on how does gaped opened, with her eyes blinking repeatedly, staring at the both of them.

 

“ What is Jinjo ? “

She blurted out of sudden which cause Taemin, as well as Minzy to chuckled at her.

“ Jinjo is one of the b-boy crew in Korea. “ Answered Minzy smiling at her.

“ They were also the one who won the UK B-Boy World Championship for this year and ... “

She was excited to explain more to Sulli but her words was hang in the middle when Taemin interrupted, “ Aaah, she wouldn't know it anyway. Why bother explaining more ? “ 

He said, still laughing at her but little that he knew, his words had made the girl to feels hurt inside.

“ At least I'm trying to get to know about it but you just have to ruined everything. “ She muttered with her eyes sternly gazing him.

That made Taemin to abruptly stop laughing and gulped his saliva for don't know how many times already while Minzy was no better, since she felt quite uneasy with the sudden tense of atmosphere.

Sulli then heaved a sighed when she realized that no words would come out from Taemin's mouth, “ I'm off to the washroom. “

And lead her way as soon as the last word leave .

 

“ What was that Taem ? “

“ I .. just .. why is she being so touchy over it ? “

“ I would feel the same if I'm in her shoe. “

“ Mwo ? “

Taemin just pulled his dumbfounded face which made Minzy to shook her head.

“ Do you notice that she's trying to catching up with us ? “

Taemin shook his head in clueless.

“ One more thing, did you or did you not realized that you were giving most of your attention to me and not her ? “

That made Taemin to abruptly looked away from Minzy's face.

“ So, you did it on purpose ? “

“ That's her fault. I've told her not to come with us. I have everything in my minds with only you in it and not her, so it's hard to change the plan. “

“ Liar. Just spill out the truth. “

He took a moment to think about it and finally heaved a sigh of given in.

“ Fine. I'm trying to draw away. She made me confused. “

“ How ? “

“ I don't know, but I feels like she's acting different since this morning. She made me feels uncertain. So, I'm spacing myself away from her just to avoid those feelings to go on. It's impossible to think that she might be liking me that way and you know it well why is that. “

“ What if, what had you thought ... “

“ Don't. I might get another heartache because of your positive thoughts. “

“ I'm just saying that there's a possibilities though. “

“ Choi Sulli had falls for Lee Taemin, at last. Yeah, right ! The best joke of 2012. “

Taemin uttered it sarcastically which made Minzy to heaved a sighed of disappointment towards her friend that seems to never had a positive thought in him but her attention on Taemin was broken with a voice that sounds so familiar in her ears, “ I did. “

That had made the boy to startled and just froze in front of her.

“ You shocked me. “ He said annoyingly but then turned back at her when he realized the serious face that she pulled.

“ What ? Why are you staring at me that way ? “

“ It's not a joke. I did feels that way towards you. “

 

Minzy mouth was gaped opened upon hearing what just Sulli said few seconds ago and nearing to jump in happiness if not because she noticed there's no reaction from Taemin, which she thought at first because he is so stunned over her confession but her thought were crashes when she heard,

 

“ Huh ? What is she's talking about ? “

 

If Minzy could choose the most slow in understanding things or words, she will immediately choose Lee Taemin without doubts.

 

“ Why are you so slow ? Sulli just confe ... uh ~ “